"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I'm thinking of building a team around debuffs with M!Morgan, Gunnthra, and Veronica(whenever she decides to show up) but I can't decide on the last unit. The current team composition only has magic users so a physical damage dealer would be nice but ideally I'd like the blue unit to debuff some stats as well but I'm not sure if any units fit that criteria since I don't have FiH!Ryoma. OR, I can stick PA!Shigure on the team since he already has a wind blessing and he rounds out the color coverage. On the other hand, I also plan on promoting Felicia to 5* and she can deal the physical damage that I want. Thoughts?

Edited by tobuShogi

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Originally my candidates for Berkut's Lance armour was Effie or V!Eliwood. Would it better to just give Eliwood the Berkut's Lance or is it still more efficient for a +Atk/-Spd Effie compared the Eliwood's neutral stats?

I personally would not give LA!Eliwood Berkut's Lance since he already got a defensive Casa Blanca.

I would go with Effie or another unit that does not already have a defensive lance.

If you have the resources, you might want to cosider building 2 Effies, so you have an option to choose between an offensive Brave Lance build or a more defensive Berkut's Lance build during Arena Assault.

- - - - - - -

@tobuShogi For Shigure , you might want to consider a Firesweep-Hit and Run build with double Smokes if you want to keep with the debuff theme.

Felicia is okay too, but she needs a lot more investment to make her work in my opinion. Her Atk is also really low, so she is not going to do as well against tanks with high mixed bulk.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

@tobuShogi For Shigure , you might want to consider a Firesweep-Hit and Run build with double Smokes if you want to keep with the debuff theme.

Felicia is okay too, but she needs a lot more investment to make her work in my opinion. Her Atk is also really low, so she is not going to do as well against tanks with high mixed bulk.

I think you might have mixed up PA!Shigure with regular Shigure. But since you suggested a build for his regular version, I might build him like that since I did pull a +Spd/-Res one yesterday. Now that I think about it, a flier is really good for this team as he can Reposition the 2 cavalry units over forest/mountain tiles. I think I'm just going to go with Shigure, flier or PA version depending what the situation calls for.

For Felicia, my thought process was that her weapon will help patch up her low attack with adaptive damage. She also has an attack boon too so there's that. I'm going to build her eventually so I just tossed her name in there for some opinions.

Edited by tobuShogi

17 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I think you might have mixed up PA!Shigure with regular Shigure.

Yeah, I got it mixed up.

For PA!Shigure, his stat distribution kind of sucks. You can try Fury and Res Refinement so he can Ploy things and be a Res Chill decoy.

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I'm thinking of building a team around debuffs with M!Morgan, Gunnthra, and Veronica(whenever she decides to show up) but I can't decide on the last unit. The current team composition only has magic users so a physical damage dealer would be nice but ideally I'd like the blue unit to debuff some stats as well but I'm not sure if any units fit that criteria since I don't have FiH!Ryoma. OR, I can stick PA!Shigure on the team since he already has a wind blessing and he rounds out the color coverage. On the other hand, I also plan on promoting Felicia to 5* and she can deal the physical damage that I want. Thoughts?

You already said you were going to decide on either Shigures, but here's some other ideas. For a blue, but still magic damaging 1-range unit, there's F!Corrin. Her default, refined Dark Breath inflicts Atk/Spd-7 on her target and foes 2 spaces near them and refining it would let her target the lower defensive stat on ranged units. She's pretty fast if you ignore the recent units with ~38 base neutral speed that have been added or who just straight up ignore speed and she has good physical bulk. The downside is that as stated before she still is a magic damage unit and her attack isn't high, her resistance could be better, and you'd need to inherit a couple things on her; Bonfire/Ignis or Aether over her Draconic Aura, Distant Counter or Steady/Warding Breath, and Windsweep if you want her to smack 1-range units and debuff people without them counterattacking.

Otherwise, your other options would be any blue with high resistance who can ploy stuff and with lances, that's mainly Azura, Clair, valentine's Eliwood, Est, Fjorm, Florina, Gwendolyn, Hardin, Jagen, Mathilda, Peri, summer F!Robin, and Shanna. If the team is all wind blessed, then Fjorm wouldn't benefit anyone or herself while Eliwood, Gwendolyn, and Hardin are all armors and your current picks wouldn't be able to run Guidance to let them move more flexibly.

If you can live without a blue, then I would consider Jaffar, Saizo, Sothe, and maybe Matthew. Matthew and Saizo would be your physical damage option and high defense option. Matthew's downside is that his attack is low if he's not +Atk which would bring him up to being average and if you're mainly going for debuffing, then he'd need to inherit Smoke Dagger from Saizo. If you stick with his Rogue Dagger, however, then he'd end up being overall bulkier than Saizo because of his higher resistance and HP even if he's -HP. Jakob has good mixed bulk too, but he trades speed and having ~30 defense like Matthew for resistance and attack, so he's kind of in a weird, middling spot. Similarly, summer Frederick trades speed and defense for attack compared to Matthew while also being a seasonal unit. They would both need to inherit a dagger if you don't want them to use their default ones.

Saizo's upsides are that he has Smoke Dagger by default, so you would just need to refine it and he'd be able to inflict Atk/Spd/Def/Res-6 to his target and foes 2 spaces near them, thus, freeing up his C passive and seal for whatever you want him to have. He's specialized in taking physical hits, so if that's what you only want him to do, then -Res Saizo isn't a problem unlike Matthew who can stand to take some magical hits by keeping his resistance neutral. Watersweep on him would still be useful if you want him to tag a mage or dragon, though. Hoshidan Festival Xander would rival Saizo in physical defense, but he trades that by having very low speed and being a seasonal unit.

Sothe is a bit rarer, but you can still summon him as a 4*. His Peshkatz would essentially make him your brave Veronica, but as a thief and without Dazzling Staff built in. In return, he's able to run A passives healers can't of which he has L&D3 by default letting hit harder and also if he's +Spd, give -sweep skills more coverage. The downside to him is that his defenses are low and will become even lower with L&D3.

Jaffar's the rarest, but would have a great niche with Deadly Dagger's after combat damage. Give him Savage Blow 3 as his C passive and seal and he'll do 24 damage to foes 2 spaces near his target and 10 damage to his target after combat in addition to its refined debuff of Def/Res-7. Poison Strike would increase his after combat damage on his target, but he can use other skills like Windsweep if you want him to tag units with Distant Counter. Unless you want him to safely attack dragons and healers, Watersweep isn't needed on him if you go for its unique refinement which prevents mages from counterattacking while also allowing him to still follow-up if he can. The downside to him is that you would need Divine Dew to refine his weapon, his attack is low if he's not +Atk, his defenses aren't high as well, and as noted before he's a 5*-only summon.

Alternatively, any of the other dagger units with Smoke Dagger could work too. Legault would be the fastest, but is an infantry unit while regular Kagero, spring Kagero, summer Linde, and New Year's Takumi would have around 34/34 offenses.

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

You already said you were going to decide on either Shigures, but here's some other ideas. For a blue, but still magic damaging 1-range unit, there's F!Corrin. Her default, refined Dark Breath inflicts Atk/Spd-7 on her target and foes 2 spaces near them and refining it would let her target the lower defensive stat on ranged units. She's pretty fast if you ignore the recent units with ~38 base neutral speed that have been added or who just straight up ignore speed and she has good physical bulk. The downside is that as stated before she still is a magic damage unit and her attack isn't high, her resistance could be better, and you'd need to inherit a couple things on her; Bonfire/Ignis or Aether over her Draconic Aura, Distant Counter or Steady/Warding Breath, and Windsweep if you want her to smack 1-range units and debuff people without them counterattacking.

Can't believe F!Corrin slipped my mind. I'll throw her onto the back burner for ideas since I haven't built any of the units for this team barring Gunnthra. If I do decide to build her though, I most likely will give her more a more budget build: Dark Breath+/Bonfire with Swordbreaker. I do have a +Spd/-Res version of her but I think she's going to prefer an attack boon. 

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Otherwise, your other options would be any blue with high resistance who can ploy stuff and with lances, that's mainly Azura, Clair, valentine's Eliwood, Est, Fjorm, Florina, Gwendolyn, Hardin, Jagen, Mathilda, Peri, summer F!Robin, and Shanna. If the team is all wind blessed, then Fjorm wouldn't benefit anyone or herself while Eliwood, Gwendolyn, and Hardin are all armors and your current picks wouldn't be able to run Guidance to let them move more flexibly.

Maybe it's just me but I'm not a big fan of Ploy skills since they depend heavily on unit placement(or I'm just a bad player). I like having my units stick together for buffs and separating one from the group for a debuff might cost me a unit at a later turn. 

As for dagger units, other than Felicia that I know I'm going to build, I'm debating if I should also build a Sothe. I know he's getting a merge to get to+1(because he showed up instead of Veronica on the CYL banner). Like you said, Saizo is also tempting since his dagger heavily debuffs the enemy team.  Unfortunately, I don't have a Saizo with a good nature but that's not really a problem since this is a side project so I can work on it whenever the pieces fall together. Thank you for the suggestions. Since I'm indecisive, I think I'm just going to wait and see which units show up with good natures first.  

Edited by tobuShogi

I'm not sure how the Tactics skills work. I try to let NY!Azura have it as her seal but she doesn't buff anyone except for my armor units. Does it only apply for them even though its says equal to less than 2 movement space?

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm not sure how the Tactics skills work. I try to let NY!Azura have it as her seal but she doesn't buff anyone except for my armor units. Does it only apply for them even though its says equal to less than 2 movement space?

Movement types. No more than two of the same movement type. Two knights, one horse, one flier: all receive the buff. Three horses, one flier: only the flier does.

So, I somehow managed to pull two brave Ephraims. The problem is that the other one is +atk/-spd and the other one is +def/-res and I don't know which one I should keep. I have so many units already that there isn't really a specific role he should fill and I would just like to know other's opinions on the matter

2 hours ago, Kahvi said:

So, I somehow managed to pull two brave Ephraims. The problem is that the other one is +atk/-spd and the other one is +def/-res and I don't know which one I should keep. 

+Atk/-Spd is his perfect IV. You will never go wrong with this nature in my opinion.

If you don't merge the other one, you may consider to fodder that Special Fighter to other armor units of your choices.

Edited by Ginko

16 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I have a Veronica with Atk/Spd Push, if I gave her the Martyr + assist, and I healed another unit, would it be able to heal the 1 damage from push, assuming no other damage was done to her?

No. Martyr will not heal you if you only have 1 HP in damage. The healing is rounded down to 0.

If you want Martyr to heal 1 HP, you will need Live to Serve either in the B slot or Sacred Seal slot.

Alternatively, if you are more concerned about AOTB!Veronica's combat and you do not care about the healing, you can run Reconcile instead and keep Wrathful Staff on her B slot and an offensive Sacred Seal like Speed +3 or Savage Blow. Reconcile heals 7 HP to your target and you.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

+Atk/-Spd is his perfect IV. You will never go wrong with this nature in my opinion.

If you don't merge the other one, you may consider to fodder that Special Fighter to other armor units of your choices.

Ok, thanks for the advice! I was planning on foddering the other one since special fighter seems like an interesting skill.

1 hour ago, Kahvi said:

Ok, thanks for the advice! I was planning on foddering the other one since special fighter seems like an interesting skill.

If you find yourself using AOTB!Ephraim a lot more on Enemy Phase than Player Phase, +Def is better than +Atk if you pull that in the future. He will be less likely to die when doubled, therefore allowing him to counter attack a second time.

If you plan to fodder Special Fighter, make sure the recipient is also running Quick Riposte Sacred Seal when you field the unit, unless the recipient already got Quick Riposte on their Weapon. You generally do not want to leave enemies alive after combat, as that allows the enemy to abuse Vantage, Wings of Mercy, etc.

@XRay Ah thanks for the advice. Actually now that I think of it, are there still any other units these days that want Brave Lance+ besides Effie (because Wary Fighter really helps with the Spd decrease). I know Braves aren't really used that much these days but I'm just curious if anyone else uses it well in this bulkier metagame.

Just trying to think of other options before upgrading and foddering a Donnel

Stupid question but:

I haven't done any merging yet so I'm just curious. Let's say I have a unit with non-optimal IVs but all the Skills I wanted on them but I happen to pull another one with better IVs and merge the one with bad IVs into the one with better ones (losing the one with the non-optimal IVs). Would I also lose all the Skills that Unit learned and thus have to re-inherit them all over again or does the new unit keep those Skills?

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Would I also lose all the Skills that Unit learned and thus have to re-inherit them all over again or does the new unit keep those Skills?

All learnt skills are transferred.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@XRay Ah thanks for the advice. Actually now that I think of it, are there still any other units these days that want Brave Lance+ besides Effie (because Wary Fighter really helps with the Spd decrease). I know Braves aren't really used that much these days but I'm just curious if anyone else uses it well in this bulkier metagame.

Just trying to think of other options before upgrading and foddering a Donnel

Ignoring users with exclusive Weapons, BB!Charlotte and Est got 36 and 35 neutral Atk respectively. WE!Robin also got 35, but his default Tannenboom! is pretty good on Enemy Phase though. If you do not mind units with lower Atk than Donnel, there is Lukas with 34, although most players give him an Enemy Phase build, but you can just build two and have both. Shigure, Oscar, and Peri got 33, but they have access to Hone movement buffs, so unless Donnel is on a Tactics team, all three practically have the same Atk as Donnel once buffs are factored in.

So I have an extra Dorcas that I don’t intend on using and I feel that merging him is a waste. So I was thinking of giving Fae Infantry Pulse since I’m building Fae atm she’s [+Def, -Hp]. Will the minus Hp reduction hurt her usage of Infantry Pulse?

Edited by twinbladex

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Would I also lose all the Skills that Unit learned and thus have to re-inherit them all over again or does the new unit keep those Skills?

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

All learnt skills are transferred.

All inherited skills are transferred, learnt skills don't need to be relearnt. 

Also refined/evolved weapons and Blessings are transferred. 

2 hours ago, twinbladex said:

Will the minus Hp reduction hurt her usage of Infantry Pulse?

Her 43 HP (47 with refined breath, but also the other team members could have refined weapons) will be enough to boost the special of many glass-canons, Tharja is one of the bulkier ones with 42 at +HP for example. It will be a little few to boost bulky Melee infantry though, naming Raven (44) and Karla (42) as examples of both sides. 

Edited by mampfoid

Chasing copies of Brave Celica for merges, lead me to these two IV sets:

+Atk/-Def

+Spd/-Def

I'd imagine that +Atk would favour her optimal Royal Sword build setup, where as +Spd would lean towards benefitting her optimal Firesweep Sword setup.

As I plan on using both setup's at different stages, I'm trying to decide which one is overall better? Whilst I would generally lean towards +Spd on an almost glass cannon unit such as herself, I'm leaning more towards +Atk for some reason here.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

All inherited skills are transferred, learnt skills don't need to be relearnt. 

Also refined/evolved weapons and Blessings are transferred. 

I was scared of merging for so long because I thought I'd lose everything and have wasted all my time getting skills like Aether and just stuck it out with the worse IVs but now I can finally start merging some of my people~

28 minutes ago, D4RTH said:

Chasing copies of Brave Celica for merges, lead me to these two IV sets:

+Atk/-Def

+Spd/-Def

I'd imagine that +Atk would favour her optimal Royal Sword build setup, where as +Spd would lean towards benefitting her optimal Firesweep Sword setup.

As I plan on using both setup's at different stages, I'm trying to decide which one is overall better? Whilst I would generally lean towards +Spd on an almost glass cannon unit such as herself, I'm leaning more towards +Atk for some reason here.

Based on my testing conditions, Brave Celica is so absurdly strong on her first round of combat that anything that she loses the double to still dies to the two hits of Double Lion when she's stacking Atk, regardless of if she's running Royal Sword or Firesweep Sword+.

I'm running the build

+10 Brave Celica [+Atk / Spd, -Def] (Royal Sword / Firesweep Sword+, Moonbow, Death Blow 4, Double Lion, Attack +3) +4/4/0/0

against ArcticSilverFox's Hard List with overrides of +10 merge and +3/3/3/3 in buffs.

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I was scared of merging for so long because I thought I'd lose everything and have wasted all my time getting skills like Aether and just stuck it out with the worse IVs but now I can finally start merging some of my people~

On the merge confirmation screen before you go through with the merge, you have the character icons for the "before" and "after" versions of the character. If you tap and hold on the "after" icon, you can take a look at exactly what your unit will look like after the merge.

Edited by Ice Dragon