Favorite Character Art/Redesign

The DanMan

Basically as counter towards the other thread. FE Heroes has a ton of art assets, and the good stuff deserves to be called attention to as much as the bad.
Wiki link with all the art: https://fireemblemwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Heroes_artwork

My favorites:

Abel-- They were able to combine his standard design and the white Paladin design both TCGs have used. Being my favorite character in the series because of how good he is in SD, this art does him justice.

Beruka-- I always found it funny how Camilla's subordinate was dressed pretty practically in comparison, and her design has only grown on me. She's young, but cold and stoic; her art in Heroes thankfully avoided fanservice and conveyed all of that.

Camus-- He looks dignified, imposing, and as badass as ever. Need I say more?

Cecilia-- One of the few characters from FE6 whose design doesn't borrow from an Akaneia character. The greens, purples, and whites pleasantly come together in an update of her original design that stays pretty faithful.

Draug-- Gentle Giant indeed. He's drawn similar to Gatrie and Tellius Knights, with more realistic armor compared to Fates' and Awakening's weird all-covering metal shells that somehow also behave like cloth.

Maria-- Minerva's and Michalis' younger sister looks both pretty and mischievous. All too fitting. And speaking of Michalis...

Michalis-- See Camus. Really.

Palla-- The eldest of the Whitewing sisters wears proper leggings. Her design in general is probably among the most practical seen on a Pegasus Knight in the series. Not that PKs have the greatest track record, but considering her competition in Heroes Palla takes it for me.

TL;DR I like a lot of the artwork of characters from SD.

A couple of standouts from the new art as far as I'm concerned are Fir, Paola, Lucina, Sakura, Azura, Caeda, Felicia, Hana and Hinoka, at least based on quality and my own personal tastes. Whilst not one of my favourite arts overall, I have to shout out this incarnation of Tharja for, at least IMO, being the best version so far at actually showing that she's supposed to be very attractive, like Awakening loves to tell us so much. Her Awakening OA was pretty good, but juxtaposed with her poor ingame portrait, I didn't get that sense from Awakening as much. At least in heroes I can see where they're coming from, even if she's not among my favourites.

I really like what they have done with the armor knights they all look good and Gwendolyn's is on of my favorites.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Spoiler

Starting off strong with Sheeda/Caeda. While her design hasn't changed at all, the art itself is very well done and pretty. I feel that if we got another FE1/FE3 remake, this'd be how she'd look.

Navarre/Nabarl. Again, the design isn't new, however the art is once again extremely good to look at. In all honesty, it might actually be my favorite.

Next, stuffing 2 together, Fae and Raigh. I've loved Himukai Yuji's art style since I first saw it, and of all characters these two fit it the best, Fae especially. I do hope we get 1 or 2 more works by him, but I'm certainly satisfied by what we have.

Once again grouping a bunch together, Florina, Thany/Shanna, and Est. While they're, once again, slightly updated versions of their originals, they look very faithful and amazing.

Palla. While I don't feel its the best for her, it's definitely very nice to look at.

Sheema/Sheena. Random name changes aside, her art does a great job both fitting her within the General class as well as making her look like a princess. Very good.

Finally, Serra. Adding a good amount of detail to her original design, the art makes it feel just a little bit more complex, while also being faithful and good looking.

I absolutely adore Lyn's art. She looks really beautiful there without having to go for blatant sex appeal that Tharja and Camilla are well-known for. The Chinese/Mongol-style dress makes her more tastefully sexy while being practical at the same time (more freedom for her legs to move around quickly). The artwork combined with Wendee Lee's or Makiko Omoto's voice acting is just too much for me!

I also like Cecilia's art; another great work by Senri Kita! She not only looks young and beautiful but she seems to have an air of maturity around her.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Ryoma because Senri Kita always has the best art. Cecilia's is great too because it's Senri Kita.

Freddy's is also a fav. I was amazed at how good he looks and his battle damage art is my favorite out of those by far. SO BADASS.

Arthur. The cel shading-style art gives off a comic book vibe that fits the justice-seeking axe warrior perfectly. 

Virion. The art style gives his character regalness his original art lacked. Along with hearing more lines in that sexy awesome accent, it reaffirms Virion as one of my top archers.

Also, all the characters drawn by Senri Kita.

#1. Nino: She looks just like in FE7 but with better lighting and lines, which is great. 

#2. Felicia. She looks less waifu bait and more like a proper servant.

#3. Tiki. It's Tiki, she always looks good.

#4. Clarine. She finally looks like her FE6 portrait. The FE6 art can rot in hell.

#5. Femui. She always looks good.

#6. Frederick. You cannot go wrong with Frederick.

Edited by L9999

#1 Cecilia: Could Senri Kita even mess up an art if she tried?

#2 Clarine: Everything about her art is just perfect, especially her pose telling you her personality with just a glance.

#3 Felicia: I find her so beautiful.

Every Yamada Akihiro character design. I wish he would draw some of the fe girls as well (namely Eirika or Titania so I can um use that for my signature lol). I don't think anyone draws fantasy style characters better than this veteran illustrator/manga artist in my eyes :). I mean it's just breath taking (possible character designer for fe4 remake IS, please?):

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170203215330Jagen_Fight.png

Zephiel_Normal.png

Also a shout out to the Etrian Odessey artist's work on Raigh and Fae. Love their unique style. 

Edited by dap005

28 minutes ago, dap005 said:

Every Yamada Akihiro character design. I wish he would draw some of the fe girls as well (namely Eirika or Titania so I can um use that for my signature lol). I don't think anyone draws fantasy style characters better than this veteran illustrator/manga artist in my eyes :). I mean it's just breath taking (possible character designer for fe4 remake IS, please?):

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20170203215330Jagen_Fight.png

Zephiel_Normal.png

I agree. He really did an amazing job imho

Anyway, I really don't have any favorites right now, since It seems that I like pretty much every re-design(tough Caeda, Marth, Hector, Raven and Lilina are maybe a bit better than the others for me. Maybe)

Really, the only one I can say I genuinely dislike is the re-design of Female robin

My favorites Art/Redesign so far:

Lyn

Cordelia

Lucina

Oboro

Cecilia

Roy

Lilina

Caeda

Palla

Est

Catria

Tiki young/adult

Both Corrins

Male Robin and his Christmas outfit

Marth

Fir

Navarre

Sakura

Elise

Takumi

Hinoka

Nino

Cherche

Tharja (thank Naga she actually looks attractive unlike her Awakening portrait)

Fae

Nowi

Abel/Cain

Minerva/Marie/Michaelis

Eirika (Kozaki style)

Yeah alot of good art!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

One of my favourite artwork from Fire Emblem Heroes i've ever seen, is a Pegasus Knight with sword (without Wing Spear) named Caeda. The first artwork (from the status screen) she keeps smiling on me :) and the fourth one (Caeda getting winked and stabbed) is more cuter! D;

My favorites thus far are Tharja, Camilla, Lucina, both Tikis, Fir, Lyn, Arthur, Marth, Beruka, Felicia, and Fae's. While I love Corrin f and Robin f, I'm not sure their art is 'doing it' for me, but its certainly not bad.

Is it just me, or is Arthur's art very similar to the artstyle of Codename: STEAM which was meant to look like an American Comic Book anyway...is it done by the same artist I wonder..
Edit: I just looked it up and, yes, Mendako is the artist for Codename: STEAM and has also done some of the card artwork for Fire Emblem 0 Cipher.

Okay so....

Abel, Barst, Bartre, Cecilia, Draug, Felicia, Hector, Jeorge, Merric, Palla and Ryoma.

I like me some Archaneans what can I say.

Also I think Cecilia and Ryoma and proof enough we need Senri Kita back.

Can i get a raise in hand about how Faes redesign is so super adorable compared to her GBA counterpart? my god how do you make such adorable dragons?