FE Heroes Review Capture Footage

Sentacotus

I'm planning to do a video review of Fire Emblem Heroes for my youtube channel and while I could record the footage off screen I would much rather see if there is a way to capture the footage much like how I use my El Gato to capture PS4 and console footage.  Is there an adapter or specific way I have to go about this to capture video footage from my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S6).  And just for my own general edification is there a similar way or device to do this on ipads or iphones (since they do use different inputs and such).  Thanks for the help!  Looking forward to reviewing it!

You can always download Bluestacks, download the game there, link your account and stuff, and then use a streaming software like OBS to record the footage.

That's how I was able to record footage like this:

Edited by carefreejules

If you have a decent amount of storage on your phone, all you'll really need is recording software. And there's a lot of options. Apparently, the app Google Play Games includes screen-recording capability, and it's free.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar for iOS, but storage may be more of an issue there, since iirc iPads don't support SD cards.

4 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

If you have a decent amount of storage on your phone, all you'll really need is recording software. And there's a lot of options. Apparently, the app Google Play Games includes screen-recording capability, and it's free.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar for iOS, but storage may be more of an issue there, since iirc iPads don't support SD cards.

Though, depending on how good your phone is, even with a recording app you might experience lag in your footage, especially if there's fast paced animations and actions. 

I used to try to record footage of myself playing a rhythm game through a recording app and there was a lot of lag. 

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

I actually have mini usb flash drive with 64gb of storage so that helps.

2 hours ago, carefreejules said:

Though, depending on how good your phone is, even with a recording app you might experience lag in your footage, especially if there's fast paced animations and actions. 

I used to try to record footage of myself playing a rhythm game through a recording app and there was a lot of lag. 

Yeah lag shouldn't be much of an issue I just need a way to get the footage from the screen.  

8 minutes ago, Elieson said:

If you have Wifi, use Lonelyscreen to cast your phone to your PC. It's what I use if I don't feel like hooking up my ElGato

Just checked it out that might be worth it actually.  Though there is a way to connect an Android to an El Gato to record footage as well?

Does your droid have casting? Turn Bluetooth on then play a youtube vid. You should see a square with a triangle on thebottom . Thats your cast button. 

Alternatively, zip down the top of your phone to bring up Wifi/Bluetooth/Airplane mode. A cast icon is there probs. Can't plug it into a ElGato without a convenient converter tho 

Edited by Elieson

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

Does your droid have casting? Turn Bluetooth on then play a youtube vid. You should see a square with a triangle on thebottom . Thats your cast button. 

Alternatively, zip down the top of your phone to bring up Wifi/Bluetooth/Airplane mode. A cast icon is there probs. Can't plug it into a ElGato without a convenient converter tho 

Thanks.  I think I'll give that a go.  Too bad there isn't a convient converter to use capture devices (though I'm sure there is I just wouldn't have any idea what I'm looking for lol)

Sorry for the double post but I figured I'd leave this for anyone concerned or looking to get capture footage easily.  To my knowledge this applies to the Samsung Galaxy Andriods so I have no idea if it works as well for Iphones or other types of androids.  I downloaded the YT Gaming app and it has an option to record and stream from there.  Of course you can upload directly after playing but you can also navigate to your screencast folder and just copy the video over to your desktop as well which is what I plan to do in my video review.  Here is a video showing how to do it.  

Keep in mind its the mic on the phone recording the audio so if you talk or have noise outside of the gameplay then it will pick that up in the video (as it is meant to be able to stream as well when using your face cam).  If you wanted you could simply turn your volume all the way up from the game and that should help.  In my case it doesn't hurt much since I'll be recording audio separately and I just need the footage.   

Edited by LordOTaco