What about Anna?

3 hours ago, Altrosa said:

Um, I've actually seen any official FE merch outside of SE releases and keychains, maybe the cardgames. Does music count as merch?

But I think you may be grossly overselling FE as a money maker. FF technically has 3 to 4 times more games under it's umbrella, afterall.

Honestly, Anna may be better compared to the many Cids in FF games.

I was just saying that Moogle-level popularity isn't something easily achieved. Anna's spent most of her time as part of tutorials. Though the Cid comparision is closer, they at least actually appear in-story.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new Anna would be cool, but make her different in design, gameplay, and to a small extent personality, than the previous Annas. In Awakening/Fates Anna was money obsessed and magically based in Swords/bows and staves. In Heroes Anna is a physical ax user and couldn't care less about gold. So maybe in Echoes she could be a physical merchant class, and act more like a big business professional instead of a small time merchant.

8 minutes ago, BlueBloodEmblazer said:

A new Anna would be cool, but make her different in design, gameplay, and to a small extent personality, than the previous Annas. In Awakening/Fates Anna was money obsessed and magically based in Swords/bows and staves. In Heroes Anna is a physical ax user and couldn't care less about gold. So maybe in Echoes she could be a physical merchant class, and act more like a big business professional instead of a small time merchant.

I prefer small time merchant but mysterious be a big business professional(the Anna-network) selling bizarre item. I don't like she as fight unit. Feel like lose part of her charm.

20 hours ago, BlueBloodEmblazer said:

I would like an Anna to be less obsessed about gold, but not to the point where she loses her defining character trait, like Heroes Anna. And I don't think there'd be any real difference between merchant/business professional. Anna likes gold, and these labels don't really seem to affect supports or anything. In terms of weaponry, I wouldn't mind another sword Anna, but I prefer one who uses tomes, and I would love to see another new design. I think I want to see Hidari draw Anna, more than anything.

10 minutes ago, InfinityAlex said:

I wouldn't mind another sword Anna, but I prefer one who uses tomes, and I would love to see another new design.

How about a lance Anna? We had a sword Anna, an axe Anna, a bow Anna, a staff Anna (I'm pushing it here, who cares).

Edited by Vaximillian
forgot a bow Anna of Fates!

1 minute ago, SpearOfLies said:

I remember Anna was a lance unit somewhere. As npc unit.

Ah indeed, she was a pegasus knight host of the tutorial in Path of Radiance. So yeah, technically we had a lance Anna.

Tome Anna it is then!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah indeed, she was a pegasus knight host of the tutorial in Path of Radiance. So yeah, technically we had a lance Anna.

Tome Anna it is then!

I remember as foot unit. The reason I think why the merchant class on fates have lance (thought I don't understand the bow).

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How about a lance Anna? We had a sword Anna, an axe Anna, a bow Anna, a staff Anna (I'm pushing it here, who cares).

Well, Awakening and Fates Anna both used staves, but Fates Anna's primary weapon was a bow, hence I want to see a tome-toting Anna. :)

I suppose you could complete the weapon triangle, but I've never been a big fan of lances in general. I don't think the animations are as cool or flashy as sword or axe users.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Tome Anna it is then!

Anna's sisters from the world map and the last Xenologues DLC map that uses Lances in their Merchant class also. But, I do like to see an another Anna maybe uses Axes like in Heroes maybe for the Brigand class since there's no actual Thief class in the original game.

If SoV isn't going to have Daggers then it won't have Tomes either. This is Valentia that we're talking about here. Of course there aren't going to be any Tomes.

Anna's merchant nature is subtle in Heroes. She is the first character you get in a free-to-play game. Anna is the one that teaches you how to summon with orbs. You can buy more orbs for more summons with IRL money.

She is absolutely there to sell you things. ;): 

She does have a few lines about opening a shop in the castle for the heroes, but yeah.

If she is a secret or paralogue unit, then a mage seems fitting. Unless one team could use a healer or armored unit. 

Edited by Altrosa