What about Anna?

Gaiden is the only instalment where Anna's not present. What do you think, will they (or should they) add her to the remake?
She's pretty much the series mascot, it'd be nice to see her return in some capacity, not necessarily as a playable unit.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna always has a minor role but the thing for Gaiden is THERE ARE NO SHOPS...... now if that translates into the remake I don't know...

However I believe one thing... she probably make a cameo role as one of the NPCS who live in towns... anything else... is not certain

1 hour ago, Thunderstar said:

I could see Anna replacing the traders (NPCs who gave one of your items to the other party) in town or being a playable character.

I totally think they'll might add Anna in a brand new town instead of replacing one of the NPCs, new route, or put her in those new Paralogues chapters since we could have Paralogues added since Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem did added new Gaiden chapters to the remakes. But, I wondered if they'll add multiple Annas in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and see if one of the Annas explains why there were so many Annas as sisters around since we did saw them in Awakening, Fates, and Heroes.

I wouldn't mind if Anna showed up and they probably will add her as a shopkeeper or tutorial giver, but hopefully in a limited role with zero mention of the whole multiple Annas thing and unplayable.

Edited by AzureSen

As everyone has said, she'll probably be in the game as a cameo at the very least.

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

I certainly hope they put shops in the game. The town sections while cool, was extremely limited in content.

Shops would have no place being in the game unless they made significant changes to how weapons and items are used.

4 hours ago, Refa said:

As everyone has said, she'll probably be in the game as a cameo at the very least.

Shops would have no place being in the game unless they made significant changes to how weapons and items are used.

I think you could expand its scope without necessarily changing it to the extent that shops are a useful feature. I could also imagine consumables being a think in the form of vulneraries that act like elixirs (like in Thracia). Healing all your health seems like a good trade off to having no weapon/equipment. You could also have things lik forging or even the accessory business they have going on in Fates.

Edited by Jotari

Consumables would be nice but you'd have to change how forging works because Fates forging wouldn't work considering the very limited supply of weapons.

4 minutes ago, Refa said:

Consumables would be nice but you'd have to change how forging works because Fates forging wouldn't work considering the very limited supply of weapons.

I didn't say anything about Fate's forging. The forging we've seen in every other game would suffice. I'd also like if there was some kind items you could find around the world that could forge skills like Sol or effective cavalry damage onto your weapons.That would help to highlight the more limited and personal nature of the weapons. I also hope that characters will be able to use more than one weapon type (and expect there'll be more characters overall) so even though I think the weapon list should be rather limited, I think it should be quite a bit bigger than it was in Gaiden.

Yeah, that was me misinterpreting what you said.  Forging like every other game would be pretty unbalanced if you didn't have anything else but consumables to spend gold on though IMO.  FE2 already had weapons like what you're describing, so they should just make them more available (well, for the super rare enemy only drops anyways) rather than making them a forging exclusive feature.  I do agree that they should have more weapons than in Gaiden if people can use more than one and especially since they're probably adding more characters.

I would love to see a playable Anna. We can never have enough! >:D

In all seriousness though, I would love to see Anna in a new class with a new outfit and drawn by Hidari. You'd have to go back to the Awakening style voice direction though. I've never liked Anna's Fates and Heroes voice direction. And for the love of God, please don't make her a DLC character. Aside from amiibo (which have the excuse of being carryovers from Smash until now AND unlocking legacy characters), I don't think DLC characters have a place in this series.

14 hours ago, iavasechui said:

Isn't Anna on Marth's continent with Jake getting ready to get married and kickstart a long glorious line of identical descendants all named for their progenitor?

I'm pretty sure she might have already have sisters in the pre-Awakening and Pre-Fates timeline. And also, I forgot to add DLC in my previous post also since Anna can be unlocked in her DLC chapter since we did heard that Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was going to include DLC also. I just wondered if the other Annas from the other games besides Awakening and Fates are really sisters instead of the same Anna?

Edited by King Marth 64