Create-A-Hero Thread

Sire

I've spent a good amount of time messing around with ideas for different Heroes, so here goes nothing.

Levin

Spoiler

Levin, Irresponsible Prince

G Tome

HP: 37 / ATK: 30 / SPD: 38 / DEF: 17 / RES: 29 / BST: 151

Weapon: Forseti (14 Mt, If unit has 100% at the start of combat, unit receives +5 Spd and +1 charge to special cooldown.  If  attacking, unit will receive 5 damage after combat.)

Support: N/A

Special: Rising Wind

A: Swift Strike 2

B: N/A

C: Threaten Spd/Res 2 (Inflicts Spd and Res -4 on foe within 2 spaces throughout their next actions at the start of each turn.)

I may post more later, but for now this is the one I want feedback on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itsuki Aoi, Determined Helper

HP: 46

ATK: 37

SPD: 27

DEF: 29

RES: 19

Weapon: Mirage Falchion (Effective against Dragons and Armor)

Special: Aether

A Skill: Strong Breath (Grants +4 Attack, -1 Cooldown when attacked)

C Skill: Spur Attack/Speed (Grants +3 Attack, Speed to adjacent allies)

Yashiro Tsurugi, Cold Blade

HP: 37

ATK: 34

SPD: 38

DEF: 25

RES: 18

Weapon: Mirage Wo Dao (+10 to Damage,  Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). )

Special: Luna

B Skill: Brash Assault

C Skill: Threaten Poison (Enemies within two spaces of Yashiro lose 7 HP at the start of Yashiro's turn)

Reworked, and balanced!

Edited by Corrobin

Never Theorycrafted A Dancer/Bard, So I Decided To Try My Hand At Some.

Sylvia: Rambunctious Dancer (Infantry, Sword)

Stats: 30/30/35/26/29

Weapon: Ruby Sword+

Assist Skill: Dance

Passive Skills:

A: Evasive Stance - Grants Speed +6 during combat when this unit is attacked.

B: Tempest Dance - If Sing Or Dance Is Used, Grants +4 Strength/Speed

Tethys: Alluring Dancer (Infantry, Dagger)

Stats: 32/27/33/18/30

Weapon: Silver Dagger

Assist Skill: Dance

Passive Skills:

B: Blaze Dance

C: Hone Speed

Elffin: Seer Of Truth (Infantry, Blue Tome)

Stats: 30/28/30/20/32

Weapon: Blarowl+

Assist Skill: Play

Passive Skills:

A: Warding Stance

B: Torrent Dance

Nils: Prophet Of Destiny (Infantry, Blue Breath)

Stats: 40/30/28/21/30

Weapon: Light Breath+

Assist Skill: Play

Passive Skills:

B: Glacier Dance: If Dance/Sing Is Used, Grants +4 Strength/Resistance

C: Hone Dragons

Edited by The Lord Of Gems

6 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

Alright, first of all, a character from Sacred Stones that I liked a lot, L'Arachel, in two variations: standard (cavalry staff healer) and Brave unit (cavalry blue tome mage). First, a bit of a small rant regarding light magic in Heroes that you may or may not want to read.

Reveal hidden contents

With the Brave version of L'Arachel I made an important decision. I decided that I will represent Light magic in Heroes with the blue color Tomes. Light magic is currently in a weird spot in-game, usually converted into a generic healer except when plot-important in which case it either becomes Blue or Green. Now I really wanted to make Light magic green because Blue is already overrepresented with many powerful tomes and Green has very few things going for it in comparison. But I also wanted to stay true to the magic triangle. If Fire > Wind > Lightning > Fire and Dark > Anima > Light > Dark and red = Fire and Dark, green = Wind and blue = Lightning then the only logical option for Light magic is blue. Of course that leaves a gaping hole where we don't know what to do with green magic, since Anima magic isn't a special category rather it contains the elemental magic spells. So I decided to leave green for some "special" tomes - for example dragon-powered tomes like Naga or Creiddylad, or corrupted Light magic like Valaura. This is the best compromise I could think of.

Standard L'Arachel;

Reveal hidden contents

TITLE: Queen of Light
NAME: L'Arachel
ORB AFFINITY: Colorless Staff
STARTING STAR RANK: 5 (banner)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: The princess of Rausten, travelling the world incognito as a troubadour. Just a bit self-centered. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

MOV: 3, Cavalry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 145 (ranged cavalry)
HP: 36
ATK: 23
SPD: 27
DEF: 29
RES: 30

WEAPON:
3* - Slow (5 MT, 2 RNG. After any combat, inflicts Spd-6 on foe through its next action.)
5* - Latona (12 MT, 2 RNG. When healing an ally with a staff, increase healing by 10.)

ASSIST:
1* - Heal (1 RNG. Restores 5 HP.)
3* - Physic (2 RNG. Restores 8 HP.)

SPECIAL:
4* - Heavenly Light (2 CT. When healing an ally with a staff, all other allies recover 10 HP.)
5* - Divine Light (4 CT. When healing an ally with a staff, removes all enemy effects from all allies and they recover 10 HP. Non-inheritable)

SKILL A:
n/a

SKILL B:
n/a

SKILL C:
1* - Barrier 1 (Reduces non-combat damage caused by enemy skills to unit and adjacent allies by 50%. Inheritable only by Staff users)
3* - Barrier 2 (Reduces non-combat damage caused by enemy skills to unit and adjacent allies to 0. Inheritable only by Staff users)
4* - Barrier 3 (Reduces non-combat damage caused by enemy skills to unit and all allies within 2 spaces to 0. Inheritable only by Staff users)

CONCEPT:
L'Arachel embraces her classic Troubadour role as a mounted Staff user. One of the first things to note is that she has a balanced defensive spread as opposed to the typical Resistance focus. Her HP is tied with Priscilla for the highest of the troubadours, and she sports respectable values in both Resistance and Defense, while keeping her speed at a reasonable level (still the lowest among the troubadours, but not by too much. Of course, this comes at a cost to offensive power to the point where even a full stack of Horse buffs aren't likely to help her kill much of anything. This spread means that she is a good bait for both magic and physical enemies - optimally, Distant Defense skill + seal can push up her survivability significantly. However the core of a staff user is support and for this, L'Arachel proudly comes with one of Rausten's Sacred Twins, the legendary staff Latona. Its effect is fairly straightforward, a buff of 10 to any healing performed by her Assist. Her standard Physic gives her greater reach, but one could always replace it with a higher-power, shorter-range heal. She also comes with a unique Special Divine Light, an upgrade to Heavenly Light with double the CD (gonna be hard to charge on a healer) but with a very useful effect: upon healing someone, it performs Restore on all allies (including target AND L'Arachel herself, removing any and all enemy effects on them, and additionally heals them up for 10 extra HP. Obviously such a skill's usefulness with its high CD is questionable in regular play, but for TT/CC it can be very convenient. Lastly she comes with a new C skill Barrier. It is a simple skill - it creates an aura around L'Arachel that prevents all non-combat damage from affecting her or allies within 1-2 spaces. Effectively works against Savage Blow/Poison Strike/Deathly Dagger, and the AOE specials. Very niche at the moment but if non-combat burn ever becomes a thing, this is a nice answer to it.

Brave L'Arachel

Reveal hidden contents

TITLE: Brave Valkyrie
NAME: L'Arachel
ORB AFFINITY: Blue Tome
STARTING STAR RANK: 5 (banner)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: The queen of Rausten, bearing the divine Tome Ivaldi. Appears in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

MOV: 3, Cavalry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 149 (Brave ranged cavalry)
HP: 37
ATK: 31
SPD: 29
DEF: 30
RES: 22

WEAPON:
1* - Shine (4 MT, 2 RNG)
2* - Divine (6 MT, 2 RNG)
3* - Purge (9 MT, 2 RNG)
5* - Ivaldi (14 MT, 2 RNG. Grants infantry Sword, Axe and Lance user allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat. Non-inheritable)

ASSIST:
4* - Reciprocal Aid (1 RNG. Swap HP with adjacent ally (neither unit can go above their max HP).)

SPECIAL:
n/a

SKILL A:
4* - Grani's Shield (Neutralizes "effective against" bonuses)
5* - Valkyrie (When this unit or adjacent allies are attacked, neutralizes "effective against" bonuses. Non-inheritable)

SKILL B:
1* - Red Tomebreaker 1 (If unit's HP >= 90% in combat against a red tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)
2* - Red Tomebreaker 2 (If unit's HP >= 70% in combat against a red tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)
4* - Red Tomebreaker 3 (If unit's HP >= 50% in combat against a red tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)

SKILL C:
n/a

CONCEPT:
Above you will find my thought process for making this Brave version of L'Arachel a blue Tome user. This represents L'Arachel as a Valkyrie, a combat-focused unit. In this incarnation her stats are more offensively-oriented. Her attack spread of 31/29, while individually being in the middle ground in both attack and speed compared to other cavalry mages, combined makes her a pretty strong powerhouse. The rest of her stats are rather average, though of note is that she has considerably higher Def than Res - intentionally breaking the mold of the typical tome users. Her total BST is eequal to Brave Lyn's as a ranged horse Brave unit. She comes with the divine tome Ivaldi which gives her the Ward Soldiers effect that I mentioned in one of my previous posts. I wanted to make something different, a unit that can also act as a support for a different kind of team than the obvious, and if people want to run her in Cavalry teams then Gronnblade is going to be best-in-slot again so there. Her B skill is a standard R Tomebreaker to emphasize her role as a paragon of light magic, though it would probably be replaced quickly. Her A skill is more interesting - it is an exclusive upgrade to Grani's Shield that extends its protection to any ally adjacent to L'Arachel - though at the cost of being enemy phase-only. Such a skill, I think, would be fairly valuable in cavalry teams.

@Usana " Soldier wise my biggest worry is that effecting all three of Axe/Lance/Sword could be close to a general hone-infantry + Dancer type deal(who could also join in the hone fun). That said dividing infantry into 4(Bow/Dagger, Tome/Staff, Axe/Lance/Sword, Dragon) may not be that bad. Axe/Lance/Sword Infantry is just a rather big category is all. Not sure if it is bigger than Cavalry, but it is probably pretty close. " -> while you are correct on paper (51 "soldiers" vs 35 cavalry), there's one big factor here that's very important. It's very hard to make a "balanced" team with "soldiers" - you will lack both magic damage and range (at least until magic weapons with 1-2 range sneak their way into the game), which is even worse when you're limited to 2 MOV. Comparatively horse teams suffer no such issues - provided you can summon the necessary units, you can achieve full coverage with a Cavalry team and the only weakness is the vulnerability to effective damage. And I have to disagree - the big reason cavalry teams are so big is the extra MOV and the availability of ranged units in the movement type, which gives them extreme reach. If the Hone skills were the decisive factor then armor or flier teams would be as oppressive as horse teams or even more (now that both movement categories have access to ranged units, albeit event limited)

Regarding Minerva I'd probably decide whether I want her to be an anti-archer focused unit, or a Raven Lance unit. In the first case I'd drop the Raven effect altogether and give her a defensive skill that instead focuses on defending her from bows (say a Deflect Missile-esque skill along with +x Def when attacked from range). If I wanted to focus on the colorless aspect then I'd drop the effective damage vs archers and keep the Raven aspect (if its meant to be Legendary, give it +3 MT and +3 Def, if not leave as is), and let players decide between TA3 for greater coverage and Iote's Shield for archer survivability. Trying to make everything work in one weapon is not often a good idea.

@Hero_Lucina What help do you need? If you want BST stat totals then:

Infantry dancer ranged: 139-140
Horse ranged: 144-145 (149 "Brave")
Infantry / flier ranged: 147-149
Infantry dancer melee: 149-150
Horse melee: 148-155 (159 "Brave")
Infantry / flier: 156-158 (162-163 "Brave")
Non-dancer dragon: 157-163
Armor ranged: 165
Armor melee: 168-169 (173 "Brave")

I think I covered mostly everything. Brave's general what you'd put on a unit that's either, well, a Brave unit, or a Trainee, or you just feel like you want it to be stronger than the others for no reason at all... (Sigurd Ayra etc)

Going from there you can extrapolate. For example if you want to make a mounted ranged dancer for some reason, see how much an infantry ranged dancer drops from infantry ranged (somewhere in the ballpark of 10 points) and then subtract it from the appropriate category, to get the new BST (in this case 134-135 would be a safe bet). I'd personally not worry too much about going over or under by a point or two.

Now individual stat caps are a different monster entirely. Like Usana says min-maxing stats to come up with a monster character dedicated to being oppressively good at one thing (like Arden) is a bad idea - it creates a polarized unit and by extension a polarized meta. You'd have to have a really good reason to kick a character to the bottom of the list in any one stat, or kick it over the top of said list. It'd take too much time to list here the individual current stat caps for all categories but currently the min-max value per stat are: HP 30-60, Atk 20-40, Spd 15-40, Def 13-41, Res 13-36 (smoothing up-down for a couple of stats intentionally).

What this means is not that you SHOULDN'T make a unit that breaks those limits. It's that if you make a unit with 61 HP and 42 Def you should know that you are making a unit with the highest physical soak in the game, and if you make a unit with 42 Atk and 42 Spd you are making a unit with the best offensive spread in the game. If you go about distributing stats like "I want to make a unit that's good at tanking magic, hm, so the best stats are Res and Spd, it also needs some Atk and HP, so I'll just drop Def all the way to the minimum and max out what I want" then you end up with an overly-optimized unit that is what I call "best-in-role". Too many such units can make the game completely unfun.

Thanks! 

@Corrobin They're more balanced now. Mirage Falchion is reasonable because armor effectiveness isn't as versatile as say horse effectiveness - against armors, your best bet is still magic damage even with an effective weapon, so you're not breaking anything here. Mirage Wo Dao is pretty decent and Threaten Poison is a nice skill, though I'd probably rename it to something like Poison Aura / Toxic Aura. I haven't looked at BST but stats look pretty solid though Tsurugi's offensive spread seems on the high side.

@The Lord Of Gems I like Evasive Stance. Tempest Dance is broken. The reason you can combine Def and Res into one Dance skill with impunity is that you can only use one of these stats at a time - with Atk and Spd both contribute to offense. The Glacier Dance is at least more reasonable, rallying an offensive and a defensive stat - I suggest making Blazing Dance work with Atk and Def instead.

Also, just saying but if you receive/ask for feedback on your creations it is common courtesy to give back feedback as well.

My next project is a pair of Genealogy antagonists, generally inspired by the recent flux of characters from that game, which despite its flaws I think that among the Fire Emblem games, it does one of the best jobs at capturing the feeling of a "war". They are the ever-popular Ishtar and, of course, Julius (you can check my previous post on L'Arachel as to why Julius is a green tome user and not a red one). These two are of course meant to synergize with each other as infantry mages with the appropriate skills. I would want them to appear in some sort of chain-GHB challenge - something like a series of 3 maps that culminates in a BHB that rewards the units at the end in 3* versions, and you can complete certain challenges to get the 4* versions. Both have received a +2 BST bonus over the previous cap for their class in an effort to bridge the meta gap between regular and "Brave"/special units.

Julius:

Spoiler

TITLE: Dark Prince
NAME: Julius
ORB AFFINITY: Green Tome
STARTING STAR RANK: 3-4 (GHB)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: The prince and ruler of Grannvale. His personality has been twisted by the dark tome Loptyr. Appears in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War.

MOV: 2, Infantry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 151 (ranged infantry + 2)
HP: 40
ATK: 31
SPD: 24
DEF: 18
RES: 38

WEAPON:
1* - Shine (4 MT, 2 RNG)
2* - Divine (6 MT, 2 RNG)
3* - Purge (9 MT, 2 RNG)
5* - Loptyr (14 MT, 2 RNG. Grants Res+3. If unit's Res > foe's, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.))

ASSIST:
n/a

SPECIAL:
2* - Draconic Aura (4 CT. Grants +30% to Atk.)
4* - Dragon Fang (4 CT. Grants +50% to Atk.)

SKILL A:
2* - Warding Stance 1 (Grants Res+2 during combat when this unit is attacked.)
4* - Warding Stance 2 (Grants Res+4 during combat when this unit is attacked.)
5* - Warding Breath (If attacked, unit granted Res+4 during combat; also gains Special cooldown charge +1. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.))

SKILL B:
n/a

SKILL C:
1* - Fortify Res 1 (Grants adjacent allies Res+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
3* - Fortify Res 2 (Grants adjacent allies Res+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
5* - Fortify Mages (Grants adjacent infantry Tome user allies Def/Res+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)

CONCEPT:
With Julius, I tried to steer close to his Genealogy incarnation. He sports the currently highest base Resistance value in the game, which is augmented even further by his weapon effect and A passive, which both also help significantly speed up his charge timer. To compensate, his speed is only middling, though he does have a substantial HP value compared to other mages. His attack power is at a reasonable level, ensuring he can counterattack with a solid punch. Adding Quick Riposte to his kit would make him one of the best baiters against magic users. His unique tome Loptyr is a copy of Ayra's Blade and Blazing Durandal, except working for the Resistance stat - an interesting interaction with a defensive stat that encourages a more balanced build. He also has the Warding Breath passive upgrade to Warding Stance 2, just like Brave Ike's Steady Breath except for Res. Finally, his C skill is Fortify Mages, which just like the movement-based Fortify skills, gives plus 6 Def/Res at start of turn to any Infantry mage next to Julius at the start of turn.

Ishtar:

Spoiler

TITLE: Goddess of Thunder
NAME: Ishtar
ORB AFFINITY: Blue Tome
STARTING STAR RANK: 3-4 (GHB)

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: The descendant of one of the Twelve Crusaders, Thrud, and inheritor of the sacred tome Mjolnir. Appears in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War.

MOV: 2, Infantry

STAT DISTRIBUTION:
BST: 151 (ranged infantry + 2)
HP: 34
ATK: 32
SPD: 39
DEF: 20
RES: 26

WEAPON:
1* - Thunder (4 MT, 2 RNG)
2* - Elthunder (6 MT, 2 RNG)
3* - Thoron (9 MT, 2 RNG)
5* - Mjolnir (14 MT, 2 RNG. Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd > foe's, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.))

ASSIST:
n/a

SPECIAL:
3* - Rising Thunder (5 CT. Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to (unit's ATK minus foe's DEF or RES))
5* - Growing Thunder (5 CT. Before combat initiates, foes in a wide area around the target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res))

SKILL A:
n/a

SKILL B:
2* - Bolting 1 (For the unit's first attack in the battle, grants Atk+2, RNG+1, and unit cannot perform a follow-up attack.)
4* - Bolting 2 (For the unit's first attack in the battle, grants Atk+4, RNG+1, and unit cannot perform a follow-up attack.)
5* - Bolting 3 (For the unit's first attack in the battle, grants Atk+6, RNG+1, and unit cannot perform a follow-up attack.)

SKILL C:
1* - Hone Spd 1 (Grants adjacent allies Spd+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
3* - Hone Spd 2 (Grants adjacent allies Spd+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)
5* - Hone Mages (Grants adjacent infantry Tome user allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)

CONCEPT:
Ishtar's selling point is her Speed. She is tied with Lon'qu for the highest speed stat in the game, above any other mage. Her attack stat is also fairly high, around the middle of the curve for mages. This combined with her unique Tome that gives her the effect of Ayra's Blade gives her the ability to double most of anything in the game. Of course, her defenses are paper-thin, but she's not meant to do much tanking anyway. Her original B skill is an interesting tactical move. Bolting allows a Tome user to initiate an attack from 1 space further away, which also prevents units from retaliating (this sort of skill would be coded in a way to allow units with DC to counterattack, but not with CC, as current wording would imply). Additionally it gives the user a few extra attack points - however, it prevents follow-ups for that battle. In this sense, it would be more reasonable to pass it to a high-power, low-speed unit instead - I intentionally gave her a non-optimized skill in her default kit for diversity reasons. The biggest drawback of Bolting, of course, is that once Ishtar finishes her first attack during the battle, it is completely disabled - its role, like the Ballista skill I had put on Innes, is to allow for a one-shot-wonder-kill. Finally she comes with the Hone Mages C skill, which just like the movement-based Hone skills, gives plus 6 Atk/Spd at start of turn to any Infantry mage next to Julius at the start of turn.

@Nightmayre
On Minerva -

Spoiler

Does dropping the weapon's effectiveness actually change any of her matchups? Particularly if it gets bumped up to 16mt(since it was indeed meant to be legendary). With Raven alone she still kills Jakob, Leon, and Gordin. It does require doubling though, so I suppose it opens up Lance Breaker as an option for archers to avoid being killed by her. That would actually work even with TA3 since she still misses the one hit kill by a couple points. ATK Seal or ATK boon can put her over Leon, though Gordin and Jakob still survive one shot. I dunno, I'll admit I dumped the effectiveness on mostly for flavor to draw parallels with Iote's Shield so I never really checked if it changed much in her matchups.

As for alternate options other than Raven effect, I had been wondering that myself. Deflect Missile did not appear in my mind, but I suspect that is because I really dislike the deflect skills. I think it is mostly because it feels like a hamfisted attempt to fix the brave weapon issue to me. Either way my brain basically just pretends those don't exist. Math wise it would absolutely need a +def aspect aswell to hit the survival criteria that I wanted the raven effect for. That said a simple +3 like Lancina's lance should be enough. But that would mean the lance would have +3 defense, effectiveness, and a fully leveled deflect effect. So it sounds like a CYL weapon that also gets an effective against tacked on. I dunno, just doesn't appeal to me, though a solid idea. I wouldn't have thought deflect would work, but Deflect +3 defense says otherwise(assuming my math was right).

Anyways the obvious one would be DC since it would make it so that she downright counters archers rather than just checking them and could keep Iote's Shield in the A. But I found that boring which is why I tried going raven instead. I suppose it could just be an Efffective vs. Archers - Neutralizes effective against damage. Again boring, but it leaves her A-Slot open.

*Shrug* I suppose if it is just the effectiveness that is the problem going full Raven Lance doesn't do much in my eyes other than remove some on the nose flavor I tacked on. Though I would imagine Raven + 16mt + 3 defense would be a bit much so I would probably just go the more boring 16mt + Raven Effect. I just don't see a whole lot of difference from taking off the effectiveness. I thought it was just overkill for the most part and didn't really add anything but flavor. But that is what second opinions are for. Certainly, I forgot to take into account what happens when you TA3 a raven. Good grief is that insane. Even without Iote's Shield she would only take like 8x2(1x2 if she has a fortify) damage from a fully decked out Brave Bow Bridal Cordelia. That is beyond nuts.

Re: Soldier skills -

Spoiler

as said it would mostly be a worry, whether substantiated or not. It is one of those things where I wouldn't be sure where it stands until I actually saw it in play. My worry wasn't full soldier teams, but mixed teams. Most of my soldier units would be fine with either/or. Unlike tomes who tend to want both to make up for lower bst and/or for blade weapons. So if I was running B!Ike and Ayra, I imagine I would be perfectly fine with Ike Honing and Ayra Fortifying and the other two could be guidance fliers or some such. Also we kinda covered big stat boosts and dancers elsewhere. So you could run two horses, your dancer and whatever infantry you want. Have the dancer hone and the infantry fortify(helping your dancer survive any potential engagements, though maybe another hone would be better to prevent doubles). Frankly my Lyn and Reinhard are more than happy to just hone each other. They wouldn't much miss the fortifies. Actually seeing more mixed teams would be a good thing, so that may not be much of a thing to worry about afterall.

As for why Horse are more dominating than fliers/armors, this is treading a bit far from thread topic, but it is an interesting discussion Simply put all the ranged Fliers and armors are limited editions only. So such movement types may as well not have range. 1 move is pretty much unusable for the AI so they would really only see use in a players hand for the most part. With Fliers they don't just have an effective against weapon. They have an entire unit type that is effective against them. A rather useful unit type at that. And of course the AI isn't smart enough to work around that flaw. Imagine if all lances were effective against cavalry. That would tank cavalry use rather hard. And lances aren't even ranged. Basically I'll agree that 3 mov + 2 range is definitely a contributing factor, but easy access to super combo spurs with 2 range/hones/fortifies is also a significant factor.

Of course breaking it up like you have does the best attempt at balance as can be done. However, dragons being the current example of breaking up infantry has me biased towards individual weapon types rather than bundled weapon types since that is the example we have ingame of such. And veering away from that causes a bit of worry.

I wish to applaud, @Corrobin, way to take constructive criticism and build upon it! I agree that Nightmayre's name suggestions sound nicer flavor wise, but I also get why you kept it threaten. Not confusing players is an important concept, so if it acts like a threaten it should be called a threaten. So I would have done the same as you, as much as I like flavor, clarity is also important! I would have just said in italics that I wanted to call it 'x' but went with what fits the game's current standards.

34/35 is fine offensively. Cordelia beats that with 35/35. And she has a standard BST. You have given your guy a substandard. By quite a bit at that. Even if you intend for him to suffer the veteran penalty like Jagen(148 total - 6 from 154 cavalry average) you are still a bit low. But too low isn't as severe as too high, so I don't mind much.

Just some quick comments-

I do like Evasive Stance and may very well steal it for a future unit! Like Nightmayre said the Tempest Dance is a bit much. Usually a dual+ like that would be +3 to each like Rally Atk/Spd from Bridial Cordelia. The Geyser got away with +4 to each defense since only one can be used at a time. But also because they didn't want the B slot to ever be useless. Extra spd or atk is pretty much always useful. But def and res are a bit more situational depending on your team and the foes. So giving +4 to each means no player would feel like they got a bum skill in that B-slot. Or at least that is how I see it. Of course in the same banner we got the legendary +3 to all. So if your tempest dance was a legendary non-inheritable B-slot skill it might be more acceptable to folks.

Barrier is interesting, but if non-combat burn ever became an issue could be rather oppressive since you can't shut it down without outright KO'ing her. I would probably put a HP qualifier in(since it isn't a legendary skill). But as the meta is now, the skill is so niche that a HP qualifier would just be overkill in the 'make it unappealing' department.

Dual threaten's are something I hope we get someday.

And yeesh keeping up with this thread can be work. Though maybe I type too much. Should probably have kept my new normal screen name of Garrulous, rather than using the name of my first online character in an MMORPG. Hmm . . . I suppose I could try and make her into an FE character. But it wouldn't be anything special. Massive HP/Def and basically nothing else. Maybe some speed since I always used the fastest attack weapons.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

@Usana How far below are Itsuki and Yashiro? How many points?

Oops I forgot to specify which. Itsuki is pretty much right on the ball if he is a standard infantry. As Nightmayre listed 156-158 is the number for that. Assuming Yashiro is also infantry he is currently setting at 136 so about 20-22 points too low, unless he is a ranged dancer at which point he is only 3 points down. I don't think Nightmayre specifically covered the Veteran units(there are only 2 in the game I think. Gunter and Jagen), but they are usually a reverse Trainee/Brave/Special. So subtract 4 or 5. Jagen for some reason loses 6 points and is the reason the Horse Melee BST ranges from 148-155. I don't know where you are going with your character but if want them to be an experienced veteran you can give them an overall stat penalty, if you want. I am thinking of doing that with a Reina I am stating out.Start strong, end weak is Jagen's creed!

10 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

Mirage Falchion is reasonable because armor effectiveness isn't as versatile as say horse effectiveness - against armors, your best bet is still magic damage even with an effective weapon, so you're not breaking anything here.

40 Atk + 16 Mt + 6 Atk Death Blow + effective bonus is 93 effective Atk (111 against green), which will one-hit kill every unbuffed non-blue armor in the game except Arden (who dies to the second hit unless he has Swordbreaker or Wary Fighter because he is slow).

I predict that a Dawn Brigade banner will be next, and I decided to create Micaiah, might do the others later.

Micaiah

Title: Silver-Haired Maiden                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Name: Micaiah                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Orb Affinity: Blue Tome                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Star Rank: 5* Exclusive

Character Description: A woman from Daein that fights for it's freedom. People call her the priestess of dawn because of her unique healing abilities. Appears in Fire emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Mov: 2, Infantry.

Stats:

Bst: 151 (Ranged Infantry +2)

Hp: 34                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Atk: 38                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Spd: 25                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Def: 16                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Res: 38                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Weapon:

• 1* - Thunder
  • 2* - Elthunder
  • 3/4* - Thoron
  • 5* - Thani - Effective against Cavalry (I decided that both Armors and Cavalry would be just OP, so just cavalry.

Assist:

None

Special:

• Iceberg (Boosts Damage based off 50% of unit's resistance

Passives:

Slot A: Atk Spd Bond 1/2/3 - Grants Atk/Spd+5 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.

Slot C: Spur Spd/Res 1/2/3 - Grants adjacent allies Spd/Res +3 during combat.

Hey guys, I'm back, and I love the discussion we've got going. I'll be sure to post some reviews when I'm not busy with college. For now, here are all of the members of The Five Dragons, put together for convenience. Ivy and Yolonda are also making their debuts. Thank you in advance for any feedback you give me. 

Edgar, The Yellow Dragon-

Spoiler

-Edgar-

Title: Charismatic Titan

Rarities: 4 and 5

Weapon Type: Green Axe

Move Type: Flying

Description: A charming and fearsome wyvern rider with a mounting reputation. One of Phelan's retainers and a member of The Five Dragons. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

HP: 17/18/19

ATK: 8/9/10

SPD: 7/8/9

DEF: 7/8/9

RES: 3/4/5

Maximum- 

HP: 41/44/47

ATK: 30/33/36

SPD: 27/30/33

DEF: 28/31/34

RES: 17/20/23

BST: 158

Weapon Skills

Hand Axe-

SP: 50

Rng: 2

Mt: 5

Short Axe-

SP: 100

Mt: 7

Volant Axe-

SP: 200

Mt: 9

Effect: Effective against fliers. 

Volant Axe+-

SP: 300

Mt: 13

Special Skills

Sky Strike-

Cooldown: 4

Effect: Boosts damage dealt by 30% of unit's HP. 

Daybreak-

Effect: Boosts damage dealt by 50% of unit's HP. 

B Skills

G Tomebreaker 1- 

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 90% in combat against a green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

Teal Tomebreaker 1-

SP: 120

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 80% in combat against a blue or green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot. (Inheritable only by green units)

Teal Tomebreaker 2-

SP: 240

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 75% in combat against a blue or green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot. (Inheritable only by green units)

C Skills

Equalizer-

Effect: If an adjacent ally battles a unit with stat increases based upon their unit type (Cavalry, Fliers, Armored), ally receives the same stat increases during battle. 

(Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"Hey there, the name's Edgar. You need my power? I'll be there in a flash." 

Friend Greeting-

"Hey are you (summoner's name)? Yeah, your friend (friend's name) says hi." 

Castle- 

"I'm quite well known back home, even though I'm a retainer. Not really a leading type."

"Patrolling again? You're making me tired just watching you." 

"Most wyverns complain about wearing armor but mine loves it. Probably because it was made just for her."

"I'm the Yellow Dragon of the Five. But, you probably figured that out, huh?" 

"It just feels so good to throw an axe. Sorry, that sound insane, doesn't it?"

Character Page-

"Hahahah."

"I'm reckless in battle? Yeah, I get that a lot."

"I garner a lot of attention, if you know what I mean." 

"Need someone to talk to? Eh, why not." 

"Hey, want a drink? I made it myself." 

"My wyvern's name is Amber. We're like an old married couple."

"Phelan is smart, but so oblivious." 

"I may seem lazy, but I work just as hard as anyone." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "Heh, a bit underwhelming."

+2/+3: "Feelin' good."

+4/+5: "Did I blow you away?" 

Learning Skills-

"Getting strong without the work? Sweet." 

Turn Action- 

"Sure."

"Ready Amber?"

"Go on."

Special Skill- 

"See something you like?" 

"Comin' through!"

"Fear the yellow dragon!" 

"I'll split you in half."

Death-

"A…worthy opponent."

Confession- 

"Hey (summoner), wanted to ask you, are you okay with how I talk to you.

Yeah, figures you'd say that. Thanks anyway, though. I mean really, as long as I can get a good fight in and be myself, I'm good anywhere, but I feel especially welcomed here. 

I wonder why. Well, I'm not usually one to think deeply, so I'll just say it again. Thanks."

Ivy, The Red Dragon-

Spoiler

-Ivy- 

Title: Wayward Legacy

Rarities: 3 and 4

Weapon Type: Blue Lance

Move Type: Armored

Description: A knight of a now destroyed country. Now follows Phelan so she can find a new home. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

HP: 22/23/24

ATK: 10/11/12

SPD: 4/5/6

DEF: 10/11/12

Maximum- 

HP: 50/53/56

ATK: 36/39/42

SPD: 17/20/23

DEF: 34/37/40

BST: 169

Weapon Skills

Iron Lance-

Rng: 1

Mt: 6

Steel Lance-

Mt: 8

Superior Lance-

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 70% in combat against a lance user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

Superior Lance+-

Mt: 12

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 70% in combat against a lance user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

Support Skills

Pivot-

Unit moves to opposite side of adjacent ally.

Shelter-

Unit moves to opposite side of adjacent ally. Ally moves into unit's former position. (Only inheritable by armored units)

A Skills

Heavy Strike 1-

Effect: Grants Atk +10% against armored units. Inflicts Spd -4. 

Heavy Strike 2-

Effect: Grants Atk +15% against armored units. Inflicts Spd -5. 

Heavy Strike 3-

Effect: Grants Atk +20% against armored units. Inflicts Spd -6. 

B Skills

Ironclad Assault-

Effect: During combat with this unit, units follow-up if their speed is at least five points lower than their opponents. 

(Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"I do not make it a habit to tell strangers my name…but if it would help, you may call me Ivy." 

Friend Greeting-

"You need not know my name. Only that (friend's name) wishes to greet you." 

Castle- 

"I look prepped for war, but in reality I hate it. It is such an ugly, unnecessary affair." 

"Knights defend those who cannot defend themselves…That means that I must protect you." 

"Alexandra was a beautiful kingdom in its time…I miss that beauty every day."

"I am the red dragon…I am not sure I deserve such a title." 

"I once learned a technique for piercing armor. Call me if you've a need for it."

Character Page- 

"Hmm…"

"Apologies, but…I wish to be alone."

"If you wish to idly chat, seek another." 

"Alexandra…my homeland…" 

"Please do not prod me so."

"Might you tell me if I ever appear dreary?" 

"My only advice to you is to avoid meaningless conflict."

"I will forever be grateful to the four other Dragons." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "Unacceptable."

+2/+3: "How average."

+4/+5: "I'm faring well today."

Learning Skills-

"Thank you for your loyalty."

Turn Action- 

"Yes?"

"Done."

"Moving."

Special Skill- 

"I grow weary of you."

""The red dragon shows no mercy."

"Desist. Now."

"The worst is yet to come."

Death-

"I couldn't protect you…"

Confession- 

"Hello (summoner). Why do you suddenly look shocked? Are you…surprised I approached you? I should have thought as much. I simply wanted to tell you that I appreciate being here. My whole life I've never quite felt that I fit in…not even in Alexandra. I think being here has helped me to know what I want in a home. It might not be permeant…but this is a good start."

Liam, The White Dragon

Spoiler

-Liam-

Title: Punning Performer

Weapon Type: Colorless Staff

Move Type: Cavalry

Description: An optimistic musician with a talent for puns. One of the Five Dragons and Phelan's self-proclaimed retainer. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

HP: 14/15/16

ATK: 5/6/7

SPD: 9/10/11

DEF: 3/4/5

RES: 7/8/9

Maximum- 

HP: 29/32/35

ATK: 21/24/27 

SPD: 34/37/41

DEF: 15/18/21

RES: 31/34/37

BST: 145

Weapon Skills

Assault- 

Mt: 10

Hvítrwolf- 

SP: 150

Effect: When healing an ally with a staff, that unit receives an "effective against cavalry" bonus for 1 turn. (Non-Inheritable)

Support Skills

Heal-

Effect: Restores 5 HP.

Mend-

Effect: Restores 10 HP.

Physic-

Effect: Restores 8 HP. Rng 2.

Special Skills

Imbue-

Cooldown: 1

Effect: When healing an ally with a staff, increases recovered HP by 10.

Swift-Winds Balm-

Effect: When healing an ally with a staff, grants all allies Spd+4 for 1 turn.

C Skills

Hone Spd 1-

Grants adjacent allies Spd+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Sharpen Spd 1-

Grants allies within two spaces Spd+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Sharpen Spd 2-

Grants allies within two spaces Spd+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Quotes

Summoning-

"Hey, I'm Liam, and I've gotta say, I'm trilled to be here." 

Friend Greeting-

"Hey, I'm Liam and I bring greetings from (friend's name)!" 

Castle- 

"Me, Phelan, Yolanda, Edgar and Ivy…what a lovely quintet we make." 

"I'm trying to think of new puns. These don't just happen, you know. Maybe…something with the word musette?" 

"Hmm…wha? Oh, sorry I was just…thinking about someone back home." 

"Which dragon am I? White. I guess it comes with being a healer." 

"I might be fast, but I'm also prone to falling…a lot…like at least twice a day." 

Character Page- (8)

"Hahaha."

"Boop!"

"Say, how's the staff here?" 

"Hey, what's going on? Am I in treble?" 

"I'm pretty easygoing, but I know when it's time to get serious." 

"Despite what he'll tell you, I'm Phelan's retainer." 

"Wolves are the coolest animal, bar none."

"Can I call you major? Kidding, kidding." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "We all start somewhere." 

+2/+3: "Things are looking up."

+4/+5: "I'm filled with glee."

Learning Skills-

"Now, time to find my rhythm." 

Turn Action-

"Lets play!"

"Conduct me."

"Accelerando!"

Special Skill- 

"Strike up the band!"

"I'll beat you down!"

"Hear the white dragon's song." 

"You're looking grave." 

Healing Ally- 

"And the band plays on!"

"Ah, my forte." 

Death-

"And so the song ends…"

Confession- 

"Hey (summoner's name), I need to tell you something. 

Well…I just wanted to thank you. Why? Why not? My life hasn't been easy and my luck is  pretty terrible, even for small things. Phelan's even told me that it's like some forces were conspiring against me. But, I don't want to believe that. I want to believe that everything will turn out right in the end, no matter what. 

That's why you're my friend and why I'm thanking you. You make me sure that I believe correctly. Thanks for that. You're a real clavier person."

Phelan, The Black Dragon

Spoiler

-Phelan- 

Title: Black Dragon

Rarity: 5

Weapon Type: Red Tome

Move Type: Infantry

Description: A sarcastic Dark Mage that leads the Five Dragons. Wields the legendary tome Bloodstone. 

Stats

Base- 

HP: 15/16/17

ATK: 9/10/11 

SPD: 8/9/10

DEF: 2/3/4 

RES: 5/6/7

Maximum- 

HP: 31/34/37

ATK: 33/36/39

SPD: 33/36/39

DEF: 13/16/19

RES: 23/26/29

BST: 148

Weapon Skills

Flux-

Mt: 4

Ruin-

Fenrir- 

Bloodstone-

SP: 400

Mt: 14

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 50% when combat is initiated, weapon advantage and disadvantage do not exist between this unit and opposing blue units. Unit takes 4 damage after combat. (Non-Inheritable)

Special Skills

Dragon Gaze-

Effect: Atk +30%. 

Draconic Aura- 

Cooldown: 3

Effect: Grants +30% to Atk.

A Skill

Lifetaker 1-

If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, restores 6 HP after battle. 

Lifetaker 2-

If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, restores 9 HP after battle. 

Lifetaker 3-

If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, restores 12 HP after battle. 

B Skills

Arcane Duel-

Effect: During combat with a tome wielder, damage is calculated using both unit's base stats. Weapon effects and might are still applied. (Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"I am Phelan, leader of the Five dragons. Now that we are aligned, I will protect you at any cost." 

Friend Greeting-

"Pardon me, are you (summoner's name)? I bring greetings from your ally, (Friend's Name)." 

Castle- 

"I was once betrayed by people I considered friends. That's why I value the people I know now." 

"I've always longed for a a simple life. No nobility, no obligation to rule…but I suppose that will never happen." 

"There are four Dragons other than myself; Red, Blue, Yellow, and White. There's truly never a dull moment between us."

"I come from a long line of warriors. Mages, Dark Mages…even an Assassin! Even so, I don't put much stock in bloodlines." 

"Let me tell you what I wish I'd done when I was leading the Blue Flame. I wish that I'd taken more down time. Please value that luxury while you have it, summoner…"

Character Page-

"*Sigh*"

"Huh? Oh, my apologies, it seems I was lost in thought." 

"I'm always up for an intelligent discourse." 

"Strategy is my forte. I'd be happy to assist you." 

"Have you seen my horse? His name is Hershel." 

"How do you feel about being in such a powerful position?" 

"I hope Liam can control himself without me."

"You seem quite sincere. Take care not to become naive." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "That was…utterly horrible."

+2/+3: "Decent I suppose." 

+4/+5: "Even I have to be happy about this." 

Learning Skills-

"I take this as proof of your trust in me." 

Turn Action- 

"Move out."

"Is there a plan?" 

"I'll see it done." 

Special Skill-

"Move or be moved!"

"Pardon me, but die!" 

"You're just a corpse." 

"The black dragon consumes you."

Death- 

"I was careless…"

Confession-

"May I speak with you summoner? 

Though I am now a stoic, there was once a time where I was…jubilant. Hard to believe, I know. However, when my mother was murdered, I was forced into a position I couldn't entirely fill. I tried, but people began to take advantage of me. That's…probably why I'm like this now. 

All this to say, I know that leadership can be difficult. Please rely on me as much as you need to help you through any difficult times. Thank you…"

Yolanda, The Blue Dragon

Spoiler

-Yolanda- 

Title: Resolute Violet

Weapon Type: Neutral Dagger

Description: A shy, yet determined ninja who discovered a terrible secret. One of Phelan's retainers. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

ATK: 6/7/8

SPD: 6/7/8

DEF: 5/6/7

Maximum- 

HP: 37/40/43

ATK: 24/27/30

SPD: 25/28/31

DEF: 22/25/28

RES: 25/28/31

Weapon Skills

Iron Dagger-

Mt: 3

Effect: After combat, inflicts Def/Res-3 on foe through its next action.

Steel Dagger-

Serrated Dagger-

Effect: Inflicts Def/Res-5 until end of foe's next action. If unit takes any damage that is not done during combat, foe also receives that damage. 

Serrated Dagger+- 

Effect: Inflicts Def/Res-7 until end of foe's next action. If unit receives any damage that is not done during combat, foe also receives that damage. 

Support Skill

Harsh Command- 

Effect: Converts penalties on target into bonuses.

A Skills

Fury 1-

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+1. Unit takes 2 damage after combat.

Fury 2-

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2. Unit takes 4 damage after combat.

Fury 3-

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat.

C Skills

Parallelism-

Effect: If an adjacent ally's stats are reduced by a foe, that foe receives the same stat reduction. (Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"Hiya, I'm, um, I'm Yolonda. S-sorry, I'm a little nervous, but I'll do my best for you!" 

Friend Greeting-

"Y-your friend…(friends name)…wanted to…um, wanted to say hi." 

Castle- 

"He-hey, do you need someone to j-join you on patrol? No? Oh, alright."

"Do you have anyone that's always on your mind? Why do I ask…? Um, n-no reason." 

"I wish I could be as scary as Edgar…but, I guess that's not realistic for me."

"I'm a…decent ninja, but still training. My grandfather, though…he could disappear before you had a chance to blink." 

"I will always give one hundred and ten percent! Um, in a manner of speaking, of course." 

Character Page- 

"Hehehe."

"Ivy needs to lighten up a bit…um, a lot."

"I really worry about Phelan sometimes."  

"Believe it or not I'm, um, I'm the blue dragon." 

"I think everything should be fair, no matter what." 

"I'm working on getting more confidant…h-how am I doing?"

"I've been told I'm persistent…I g-guess that's sort of true…"

"Huh? Um…d-did you want to t-talk with me…?" 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "Oh…sorry to disappoint you."

+2/+3: "Not bad, not bad."

+4/+5: "W-wow! This is great!"

Learning Skills-

"Y-you're giving me more power? Thanks!" 

Turn Action- 

"H-huh?"

"Oh, sure."

"My turn?"

Special Skill- 

"You can go now!"

"The blue dragon strikes!"

"S-stop making me nervous!"

"Sleep tight!"

Death-

"No…no!" 

Confession- 

"Okay, focus Yolanda…

Hello (summoner), may I speak to you? What do you mean I sound fake? I assure you that isn't the case. Okay, I was trying to talk to you without stuttering. I am? Oh my gosh, I am! I shouldn't be surprised, though. This happens whenever I become familiar with someone. Which isn't very often, since I don't meet many friendly faces. Thanks for being, well, you!"

Edited by KiwiScribble

8 minutes ago, KiwiScribble said:

Sharpen Spd 1-

Grants allies within two spaces Spd+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Sharpen Spd 2-

Not sure if you meant for Sharpen Spd 1 to be +2 or not, but thought I'd let you know.  I love the rest of the ideas though.

Phelan is a really interesting way to deal with Blade tomes (even tho technically they still get the extra damage).  I think I'd have a ton of fun with his set.

17 minutes ago, CWGameplay said:

Not sure if you meant for Sharpen Spd 1 to be +2 or not, but thought I'd let you know.  I love the rest of the ideas though.

Phelan is a really interesting way to deal with Blade tomes (even tho technically they still get the extra damage).  I think I'd have a ton of fun with his set.

Yes, I did mean for it to be a +2. Thanks for catching that. 

Thanks for your compliments on Phelan and the rest, too. Yeah, Blade tomes do technically get extra damage I guess, but since Arcane Duel only considers base stats, they'll never really be able to use it. From the what you said I can tell that you know that, but I'm just leaving this here in case anyone else is confused. 

Edited by KiwiScribble

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

40 Atk + 16 Mt + 6 Atk Death Blow + effective bonus is 93 effective Atk (111 against green), which will one-hit kill every unbuffed non-blue armor in the game except Arden (who dies to the second hit unless he has Swordbreaker or Wary Fighter because he is slow).

Oh I'm not arguing that it's good against killing armors, I'm only arguing that a pref +4 MT Armorslayer+ with the added effectiveness against dragons isn't that bad. That said, as mentioned I didn't really look at the unit's stats much, 37 attack is on the high side.

@KiwiScribble Looking through the five dragons... I'm seeing some serious balance issues right off the bat. Edgar: his weapon is broken, it's literally just a green bow, I could accept it as a pref weapon but inheritability breaks it completely. His special is relatively ok, depending on if it works on current or max HP. Teal Tomebreaker... I'm worried about the amount of coverage dual-breaker B skills can give, maybe even moreso than I'm worried about dual effectiveness. Still I can probably give it a pass. His Equalizer is fair enough. With Ivy, while I like both Superior Lance and Shelter skills, I have issues with bother her passives. Her A skill is clearly meant to work just with her B skill, otherwise being too weak to consider. Her B skill on the other hand is ridiculous. With a Spd bane and her A skill she reaches 11 Spd which is the lowest a unit can get without debuffs - actually exactly 5 Spd less than the next highest Spd, ensuring that no unit can ever double her and she can always double her target. Such a skill working at all HP thresholds is beyond unacceptable and needs immediate redesign to only work at reasonably high HP (if you want to keep the same effect). Liam is alright, I like Hvitrwolf which is a neat original skill. I'm not sure about Sharpen Spd. It feels like an unnecessary step between Drive and Hone. Phelan on the other hand is a no-go. Bloodstone is ridiculous, literally negating triangle disadvantage as long as you can keep the unit healthy. Lifetaker will be instantly replaced with Fury to capitalize on his absurd offense. His B skill would have been alright if he didn't have such a high offensive statline. Yolanda is probably the most balanced of the bunch. Does Serrated Dagger's secondary effect last only until the end of that battle or until the end of foe's next action? So if I attack someone, both units take 6 dmg from Fury, then I dance Yolanda and attack another foe, will the first foe also take 6 damage from Fury again?

3 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

Oh I'm not arguing that it's good against killing armors, I'm only arguing that a pref +4 MT Armorslayer+ with the added effectiveness against dragons isn't that bad. That said, as mentioned I didn't really look at the unit's stats much, 37 attack is on the high side.

@KiwiScribble Looking through the five dragons... I'm seeing some serious balance issues right off the bat. Edgar: his weapon is broken, it's literally just a green bow, I could accept it as a pref weapon but inheritability breaks it completely. His special is relatively ok, depending on if it works on current or max HP. Teal Tomebreaker... I'm worried about the amount of coverage dual-breaker B skills can give, maybe even moreso than I'm worried about dual effectiveness. Still I can probably give it a pass. His Equalizer is fair enough. With Ivy, while I like both Superior Lance and Shelter skills, I have issues with bother her passives. Her A skill is clearly meant to work just with her B skill, otherwise being too weak to consider. Her B skill on the other hand is ridiculous. With a Spd bane and her A skill she reaches 11 Spd which is the lowest a unit can get without debuffs - actually exactly 5 Spd less than the next highest Spd, ensuring that no unit can ever double her and she can always double her target. Such a skill working at all HP thresholds is beyond unacceptable and needs immediate redesign to only work at reasonably high HP (if you want to keep the same effect). Liam is alright, I like Hvitrwolf which is a neat original skill. I'm not sure about Sharpen Spd. It feels like an unnecessary step between Drive and Hone. Phelan on the other hand is a no-go. Bloodstone is ridiculous, literally negating triangle disadvantage as long as you can keep the unit healthy. Lifetaker will be instantly replaced with Fury to capitalize on his absurd offense. His B skill would have been alright if he didn't have such a high offensive statline. Yolanda is probably the most balanced of the bunch. Does Serrated Dagger's secondary effect last only until the end of that battle or until the end of foe's next action? So if I attack someone, both units take 6 dmg from Fury, then I dance Yolanda and attack another foe, will the first foe also take 6 damage from Fury again?

Thank you for your honest criticism. This is the kind of thing I was looking for so I could improve my characters. 

Edgar: I can definitely change his weapon to be unique. It was actually not sure if I should to or not when I was making him. I will change the wording of his specials to specify that they work with current HP. I could change Teal Tomebreaker to give him a weakness to red mages. What would you think about that?

Ivy: I can change her A skill to Fortress Defense, possibly, but I really wanted her to be good aginst other armored units. I can see that her B skill is very powerful as well. I'm at a bit of a loss here, because every idea i have just makes her a worse Arden. To be fair, I started making her before he was released. Would you have a suggestion of what to do here? 

Liam: Like you said, Sharpen Speed is like a Drive skill, just that it buffs stats at the start of the turn rather than during battle. I think that it is very helpful to ranged units, as it allows them to be safe and still help their allies. It also coordinates well with Liam's Physic staff, which heals from two spaces away. You're totally allowed to not like the skill, though. 

Phekan: Yes, Bloodstone is overpowered. I was trying to make it so people wouldn't run a Blade Tome on him, but I admittedly went overboard. I know how to fix this. 

Yolanda: Serrated Dagger only applies to that battle, so the scenario you're describing would not apply. I will clear that up in the discription. 

Thanks again for the help! 

Edited by KiwiScribble

@Michelaar

A nice solid blue mage, effectively a Blue Sanaki. If she and Sanaki shared a color I would be worried since the higher BST would just shove Sanaki aside, but we don't really have a slow res tank on the blue side yet. So she would fill a hole in the current roster. Not much else to say I'm afraid, other than yeah cav + armor would probably be a bit much, particularly since tomes are sorta already the go to pick for dealing with armored units.

@KiwiScribble

I do quite like the idea of hones getting the same treatment as spurs. As it is I find myself defaulting to drives or goads. Particularly since drives/goads don't have to worry about panic and can stack. Honestly I think hones in general should get the same treatment the movement specific hones got. I.E. +6 vs. +4. Would make me much more enticed to run hones over spurs/drives. Not sure what that would translate to for the drive hone though, +4 vs +3 probably. I imagine many would disagree with my opinion on that though. Particularly with how well bladetome's synergize with hone type stat boosts.

RE: Ivy -

Spoiler

For her B skill the biggest issue is that currently it isn't just effectively bundling together Wary Fighter + Follow-up ring but it is removing the HP trigger which keeps Wary and Follow-up from being utterly broken. Its a bit clunky but a 'If unit speed is 5 or more less than foe and unit HP is greater than or equal to 50% at start of combat, Unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and foe cannot(Skill cannot be inherited.)' It basically combines Wary and Follow-up without dropping the HP trigger. Problem is since the unit is slow, and particularly with the A skill as is, the first statement is basically just fluff meaning the skill is objectively better than either Follow-up or Wary. You could have it work off tier 2 Wary threshold of 70% to try and make it more balanced.

As for making her an anti-armor specialists I am kinda surprised there aren't A-slot Skills that give effectiveness. I would yank the spd penalty off it since it isn't meant to be only for her(since it is inheritable) and just has more general use. I do wonder though if it could be a '30/40/50 doesn't stack with other sources of effective damage' skill instead of 10/15/20. The former probably doesn't exist as a skill already due to potential dual-effectiveness shenanigans, though I do think I would be alright with effectiveness a-slot skills. But I could see why someone would not, since that could get crazy fast if dual-effective weapons ever pop up.

With the latter it would probably be justifiable to let it stack which would make heavy spear a tempting weapon, more so than it usually would be. For example she would go from needing a double to take Effie down to doing it in a single shot. More importantly it would let her 1 hit KO Amelia, Sheena, Black Knight, Arden, Draug, Zeph, Jakob, and Henry. The only armor that could soak a 1.7 effectiveness bonus is Hector and that is only barely and thanks to him being green. Ordinarily all the units would require a double. Against regular 1.5 The greens can survive a single hit. And even Zeph and Arden can soak a single heavy spear hit if everyone is unbuffed and not running anything to boost stats in A-slots. Draug could with an HP seal. So basically all the reds except BK could potentially tank a Heavy spear from 39 base attack. So yeah I would be alright with it if the speed penalty was taken off and the rest was left that same.

And now let me present to you all

Reina - Sky Veteran

Spoiler

Bow Flier

HP:34 ATK:33 SPD:33 DEF:20 RES:23 Total BST: 143

I took 2 points off of each of Cordelia's stats then dropped her HP another 4 to simulate a Veteran Penalty. As such she would have higher Level 1 stats than most units would.

Weapon - Amakakeru - 14MT - 2Range - Effecitve vs Flying units - Cannot be inherited
-This unit always attacks first when in battle against flying units.

You can see where this is going. Her goal is to completely dominate aerial combat. This effect basically gives her Hardy Bearing and Vantage, but only against other fliers. Of course Vantage is basically never used on current fliers so that part of the effect won't really see much with the current meta. The Vantage effect, with no HP conditional, against the 3 flying tomes is of more interest. And of course this makes Close Counter a very interesting skill for her. It wouldn't let her nuke everyone though. Raventome Spring Camilla is probably capable of tanking a hit and then killing Reina. And Narcian, Cherche, Valter, Subaki, Michalis, and Beruka can all take a hit form her. Palla can with either an HP or defense boon against attack neutral Reina. And Minerva can if she isn't running LnD. That said only Cherche, Valter, and Michalis can kill on their attack and they need an attack boost(I think Hone or goad would do it) of some kind even with as frail as she is, else wise they just miss. Minerva would need ATK boon or ATK+3 seal/Skill in addition to the Goad or Hone Fliers and the HP or defense boost. So all in all this makes her rather domineering to fliers, though the Hardy Bearing seal should cancel this one out, so fliers could opt for that as well as trying to brute force it. Or, you know, you could just field an archer and shoot her down. Speaking of Hardy Bearing somehow I forgot that was a seal only. I kept thinking some unit had it as a B-skill. Huh.

Special - Heaven's Strike - 4 turn - Only Flying units can inherit.
-When this special is charged and battle is initiated opponent cannot counter.

Works like the AoE specials more or less, except rather than doing damage it lets you ignore counters. Yet another way Reina attempts to get around Vantage. Starting to think she doesn't like that skill much. It is also her answer to archers. Not a great one since an undamaged archer could survive her and then kill her on their phase. I guess it is her answer to Hector and other DC units as well. Though she would probably just be softening them up for another ally.  I debated on what its cooldown length should be. In the end I decided it wasn't as potent as Galeforce or the 5 turn specials, but I didn't want it to be at 3 either. So 4 seemed fair.

A Skill - Morbid Celebration
When this unit kills an enemy without taking damage increase special cooldown charge by +1 after battle.

I wanted to bring her personal skill in somehow. A HP heal on kill was an option, but I was worried that might be a bit much if the heal was big enough to matter. And she isn't a tank so self-recovery didn't seem as useful for her. Letting her use her special more often however would be handy. So we got this. I debated if it should just be a general Killer effect, but I liked the synergy with her weapon and special. She really likes beating on people who never get the chance to fight back.

C Skill - Veteran Camaraderie 1/2/3 - Only inheritable by Veterans
If unit has 100%/50%/Any HP and an adjacent veteran ally at start of turn, unit and any such allies are granted ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +4 at start of turn.

A combined Hone/Fortify that only affects the Veteran units. Being only +4 instead of +6 hurts, but since it works like Armor March it would easily let Jagen and Gunter Ward/Goad each other. Or they could run drives so that Reina doesn't feel left out. I initially thought about only dropping it one point to +5. But +4 is still a hone all, which is rather scary. Figured +5 to all would just be overkill.

Mostly a boring unit, other than the C Skill. Veterans need some love.

I hope I caught all the errors in this post. Apparently I am tired and keep making typo's or forgetting that Follow-up Ring had an HP threshold just like Wary Fighter does.

Edited by Usana

3 minutes ago, Usana said:

@Michelaar

A nice solid blue mage, effectively a Blue Sanaki. If she and Sanaki shared a color I would be worried since the higher BST would just shove Sanaki aside, but we don't really have a slow res tank on the blue side yet. So she would fill a hole in the current roster. Not much else to say I'm afraid, other than yeah cav + armor would probably be a bit much, particularly since tomes are sorta already the go to pick for dealing with armored units.

I was trying to go for a blue Lilina, but yeah, I guess it fits that they're very similiar to each other.

I notice you didn't say anything about Strong Breath (and, technically, Strong Stance, which is comes from) or Spur Att/Spd, or the specials.

I've reworked Edgar, Ivy and Phelan, and made a small change to Yolanda. I didn't really change Liam, but it seems weird to leave him out. I'm pretty proud of these reworks, but please give me your honest critiques. After all, anything helps. Thanks in advance to anyone that responds to me! 

Edgar, The Yellow Dragon (3rd Draft) 

Spoiler

Title: Charismatic Titan

Weapon Type: Green Axe

Move Type: Flying

Description: A charming and fearsome wyvern rider with a mounting reputation. One of Phelan's retainers and a member of The Five Dragons. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

SPD: 7/8/9

DEF: 7/8/9

Maximum- 

HP: 41/44/47

ATK: 30/33/36

SPD: 27/30/33

DEF: 28/31/34

BST: 158

Weapon Skills

Iron Axe-

Mt: 

Steel Axe-

Volant Axe-

Volant Axe+-

Mt: 13

Special Skills

Sky Strike-

Effect: Boosts damage dealt by 30% of unit's current HP. 

Daybreak-

Effect: Boosts damage dealt by 50% of unit's current HP. 

B Skills

G Tomebreaker 1- 

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 90% in combat against a green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.

Teal Tomebreaker 1-

SP: 120

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 80% in combat against a blue or green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot. If an opposing red tome user's HP ≥ 70% in combat against this unit, foe makes a follow-up and unit cannot. (Inheritable only by green units)

Teal Tomebreaker 2-

SP: 240

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 70% in combat against a blue or green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot. If an opposing red tome user's HP ≥ 70% in combat against this unit, foe makes a follow-up and unit cannot. (Inheritable only by green units)

C Skills

Equalizer-

Effect: If an adjacent ally battles a unit with stat increases based upon their unit type (Cavalry, Fliers, Armored), ally receives the same stat increases during battle. 

(Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"Hey there, the name's Edgar. You need my power? I'll be there in a flash." 

Friend Greeting-

"Hey are you (summoner's name)? Yeah, your friend (friend's name) says hi." 

Castle- 

"I'm quite well known back home, even though I'm a retainer. Not really a leading type."

"Patrolling again? You're making me tired just watching you." 

"Most wyverns complain about wearing armor but mine loves it. Probably because it was made just for her."

"I'm the Yellow Dragon of the Five. But, you probably figured that out, huh?" 

"It just feels so good to throw an axe. Sorry, that sound insane, doesn't it?"

Character Page-

"Hahahah."

"I'm reckless in battle? Yeah, I get that a lot."

"I garner a lot of attention, if you know what I mean." 

"Need someone to talk to? Eh, why not." 

"Hey, want some ale? I made it myself." 

"My wyvern's name is Amber. We're like an old married couple."

"Phelan is smart, but so oblivious." 

"I may seem lazy, but I work just as hard as anyone." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "Heh, a bit underwhelming."

+2/+3: "Feelin' good."

+4/+5: "Did I blow you away?" 

Learning Skills-

"Getting strong without the work? Sweet." 

Turn Action- 

"Sure."

"Ready Amber?"

"Go on."

Special Skill- 

"See something you like?" 

"Comin' through!"

"Fear the yellow dragon!" 

"I'll split you in half."

Death-

"A…worthy opponent."

Confession- 

"Hey (summoner), wanted to ask you, are you okay with how I talk to you.

Yeah, figures you'd say that. Thanks anyway, though. I mean really, as long as I can get a good fight in and be myself, I'm good anywhere, but I feel especially welcomed here. 

I wonder why. Well, I'm not usually one to think deeply, so I'll just say it again. Thanks."

Ivy, The Red Dragon (2nd Draft)

Spoiler

Title: Wayward Legacy

Weapon Type: Blue Lance

Move Type: Armored

Description: A knight of a now destroyed country. Now follows Phelan so she can find a new home. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

HP: 22/23/24

ATK: 10/11/12

SPD: 4/5/6

DEF: 10/11/12

Maximum- 

HP: 50/53/56

ATK: 36/39/42

SPD: 17/20/23

DEF: 34/37/40

BST: 169

Weapon Skills

Iron Lance-

Steel Lance-

Superior Lance-

Superior Lance+-

Mt: 12

Support Skills

Pivot-

Unit moves to opposite side of adjacent ally.

Shelter-

Unit moves to opposite side of adjacent ally. Ally moves into unit's former position. (Only inheritable by armored units)

A Skills

Heavy Strike 1-

Effect: Grants Atk +15% against armored units. Instead grants Atk +30% against armored units if this unit initiates combat. If a similar skill is used, only the highest multiplied is applied. 

Heavy Strike 2-

Effect: Grants Atk +20% against armored units. Instead grants Atk +40% against armored units if this unit initiates combat. If a similar skill is used, only the highest multiplied is applied. 

Heavy Strike 3-

Effect: Grants Atk +25% against armored units. Instead grants Atk +50% against armored units if this unit initiates combat. If a similar skill is used, only the highest multiplied is applied. 

B Skills

Ironclad Assault-

Effect: During combat where the foe and this unit make an attack, if unit takes 8 or less damage from a foe's attack, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack. (Foe may still follow-up) (Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"I do not make it a habit to tell strangers my name…but if it would help, you may call me Ivy." 

Friend Greeting-

"You need not know my name. Only that (friend's name) wishes to greet you." 

Castle- 

"I look prepped for war, but in reality I hate it. It is such an ugly, unnecessary affair." 

"Knights defend those who cannot defend themselves…That means that I must protect you." 

"Alexandra was a beautiful kingdom in its time…I miss that beauty every day."

"I am the red dragon…I am not sure I deserve such a title." 

"I once learned a technique for piercing armor. Call me if you've a need for it."

Character Page- 

"Hmm…"

"Apologies, but…I wish to be alone."

"If you wish to idly chat, seek another." 

"Alexandra…my homeland…" 

"Please do not prod me so."

"Might you tell me if I ever appear dreary?" 

"My only advice to you is to avoid meaningless conflict."

"I will forever be grateful to the four other Dragons." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "Unacceptable."

+2/+3: "How average."

+4/+5: "I'm faring well today."

Learning Skills-

"Thank you for your loyalty."

Turn Action- 

"Yes?"

"Done."

"Moving."

Special Skill- 

"I grow weary of you."

""The red dragon shows no mercy."

"Desist. Now."

"The worst is yet to come."

Death-

"I couldn't protect you…"

Confession- 

"Hello (summoner). Why do you suddenly look shocked? Are you…surprised I approached you? I should have thought as much. I simply wanted to tell you that I appreciate being here. My whole life I've never quite felt that I fit in…not even in Alexandra. I think being here has helped me to know what I want in a home. It might not be permeant…but this is a good start."

Liam, The White Dragon (3rd Draft)

Spoiler

Title: Punning Performer

Weapon Type: Colorless Staff

Move Type: Cavalry

Description: An optimistic musician with a talent for puns. One of the Five Dragons and Phelan's self-proclaimed retainer. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

HP: 14/15/16

ATK: 5/6/7

SPD: 9/10/11

DEF: 3/4/5

RES: 7/8/9

Maximum- 

HP: 29/32/35

ATK: 21/24/27 

SPD: 34/37/41

DEF: 15/18/21

RES: 31/34/37

BST: 145

Weapon Skills

Assault- 

Hvítrwolf- 

Effect: When healing an ally with a staff, that unit receives an "effective against cavalry" bonus for 1 turn. (Non-Inheritable)

Support Skills

Heal-

Effect: Restores 5 HP.

Mend-

Effect: Restores 10 HP.

Physic-

Effect: Restores 8 HP. Rng 2.

Special Skills

Imbue-

Effect: When healing an ally with a staff, increases recovered HP by 10.

Swift-Winds Balm-

Effect: When healing an ally with a staff, grants all allies Spd+4 for 1 turn.

C Skills

Hone Spd 1-

Grants adjacent allies Spd+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Sharpen Spd 1-

Grants allies within two spaces Spd+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.

Sharpen Spd 2-

Quotes

Summoning-

"Hey, I'm Liam, and I've gotta say, I'm trilled to be here." 

Friend Greeting-

"Hey, I'm Liam and I bring greetings from (friend's name)!" 

Castle- 

"Me, Phelan, Yolanda, Edgar and Ivy…what a lovely quintet we make." 

"I'm trying to think of new puns. These don't just happen, you know. Maybe…something with the word musette?" 

"Hmm…wha? Oh, sorry I was just…thinking about someone back home." 

"Which dragon am I? White. I guess it comes with being a healer." 

"I might be fast, but I'm also prone to falling…a lot…like at least twice a day." 

Character Page- (8)

"Hahaha."

"Boop!"

"Say, how's the staff here?" 

"Hey, what's going on? Am I in treble?" 

"I'm pretty easygoing, but I know when it's time to get serious." 

"Despite what he'll tell you, I'm Phelan's retainer." 

"Wolves are the coolest animal, bar none."

"Can I call you major? Kidding, kidding." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "We all start somewhere." 

+2/+3: "Things are looking up."

+4/+5: "I'm filled with glee."

Learning Skills-

"Now, time to find my rhythm." 

Turn Action-

"Lets play!"

"Conduct me."

"Accelerando!"

Special Skill- 

"Strike up the band!"

"I'll beat you down!"

"Hear the white dragon's song." 

"You're looking grave." 

Healing Ally- 

"And the band plays on!"

"Ah, my forte." 

Death-

"And so the song ends…"

Confession- 

"Hey (summoner's name), I need to tell you something. 

Well…I just wanted to thank you. Why? Why not? My life hasn't been easy and my luck is  pretty terrible, even for small things. Phelan's even told me that it's like some forces were conspiring against me. But, I don't want to believe that. I want to believe that everything will turn out right in the end, no matter what. 

That's why you're my friend and why I'm thanking you. You make me sure that I believe correctly. Thanks for that. You're a real clavier person."

Phelan, The Black Dragon (4th Draft)

Spoiler

Title: Black Dragon

Rarity: 5

Weapon Type: Red Tome

Description: A sarcastic Dark Mage that leads the Five Dragons. Wields the legendary tome Bloodstone. 

Stats

Base- 

HP: 15/16/17

SPD: 8/9/10

DEF: 2/3/4 

RES: 6/7/8

Maximum- 

HP: 31/34/37

ATK: 31/34/37

SPD: 31/34/37

DEF: 13/16/19

RES: 27/30/33

Weapon Skills

Flux-

Mt: 4

Ruin-

Fenrir- 

Bloodstone-

SP: 400

Mt: 14

Effect: Grants Atk/Spd +2. On even numbered turns, this unit is treated as if its color is green. (Non-Inheritable)

Special Skills

Dragon Gaze-

Effect: Atk +30%. 

Draconic Aura- 

Cooldown: 3

Effect: Grants +30% to Atk.

A Skill

Lifetaker 1-

If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, restores 6 HP after battle. 

Lifetaker 2-

If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, restores 9 HP after battle. 

Lifetaker 3-

If unit initiates combat and defeats foe, restores 12 HP after battle. 

B Skills

Arcane Duelist-

Effect: If unit's HP ≥ 60% at the start of combat, opposing tome wielders have their weapon effect nullified during combat. 

Quotes

Summoning-

"I am Phelan, leader of the Five dragons. Now that we are aligned, I will protect you at any cost." 

Friend Greeting-

"Pardon me, are you (summoner's name)? I bring greetings from your ally, (Friend's Name)." 

Castle- 

"I was once betrayed by people I considered friends. That's why I value the people I know now." 

"I've always longed for a a simple life. No nobility, no obligation to rule…but I suppose that will never happen." 

"There are four Dragons other than myself; Red, Blue, Yellow, and White. There's truly never a dull moment between us."

"I come from a long line of warriors. Mages, Dark Mages…even an Assassin! Even so, I don't put much stock in bloodlines." 

"Let me tell you what I wish I'd done when I was leading the Blue Flame. I wish that I'd taken more down time. Please value that luxury while you have it, summoner…"

Character Page-

"*Sigh*"

"Huh? Oh, my apologies, it seems I was lost in thought." 

"I'm always up for an intelligent discourse." 

"Strategy is my forte. I'd be happy to assist you." 

"Have you seen my horse? His name is Hershel." 

"How do you feel about being in such a powerful position?" 

"I hope Liam can control himself without me."

"You seem quite sincere. Take care not to become naive." 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "That was…utterly horrible."

+2/+3: "Decent I suppose." 

+4/+5: "Even I have to be happy about this." 

Learning Skills-

"I take this as proof of your trust in me." 

Turn Action- 

"Move out."

"Is there a plan?" 

"I'll see it done." 

Special Skill-

"Move or be moved!"

"Pardon me, but die!" 

"You're just a corpse." 

"The black dragon consumes you."

Death- 

"I was careless…"

Confession-

"May I speak with you summoner? 

Though I am now a stoic, there was once a time where I was…jubilant. Hard to believe, I know. However, when my mother was murdered, I was forced into a position I couldn't entirely fill. I tried, but people began to take advantage of me. That's…probably why I'm like this now. 

All this to say, I know that leadership can be difficult. Please rely on me as much as you need to help you through any difficult times. Thank you…"

Yolanda, The Blue Dragon (2nd Draft) 

Spoiler

Title: Resolute Violet

Weapon Type: Neutral Dagger

Description: A shy, yet determined ninja who discovered a terrible secret. One of Phelan's retainers. 

Stats (5 Stars)

Base- 

ATK: 6/7/8

SPD: 6/7/8

DEF: 5/6/7

Maximum- 

HP: 37/40/43

ATK: 24/27/30

SPD: 25/28/31

DEF: 22/25/28

RES: 25/28/31

Weapon Skills

Iron Dagger-

Mt: 3

Steel Dagger-

Serrated Dagger-

Effect: Inflicts Def/Res-5 until end of foe's next action. If unit takes any damage that is not done during combat, foes within two spaces also receives that damage. 

Serrated Dagger+- 

Effect: Inflicts Def/Res-7 until end of foe's next action. If unit receives any damage that is not done during combat, foes within two spaces also receives that damage. 

Support Skill

Harsh Command- 

Effect: Converts penalties on target into bonuses.

A Skills

Fury 1-

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+1. Unit takes 2 damage after combat.

Fury 2-

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2. Unit takes 4 damage after combat.

Fury 3-

Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat.

C Skills

Parallelism-

Effect: If an adjacent ally's stats are reduced by a foe, that foe receives the same stat reduction. (Non-Inheritable)

Quotes

Summoning-

"Hiya, I'm, um, I'm Yolonda. S-sorry, I'm a little nervous, but I'll do my best for you!" 

Friend Greeting-

"Y-your friend…(friends name)…wanted to…um, wanted to say hi." 

Castle- 

"He-hey, do you need someone to j-join you on patrol? No? Oh, alright."

"Do you have anyone that's always on your mind? Why do I ask…? Um, n-no reason." 

"I wish I could be as scary as Edgar…but, I guess that's not realistic for me."

"I'm a…decent ninja, but still training. My grandfather, though…he could disappear before you had a chance to blink." 

"I will always give one hundred and ten percent! Um, in a manner of speaking, of course." 

Character Page- 

"Hehehe."

"Ivy needs to lighten up a bit…um, a lot."

"I really worry about Phelan sometimes."  

"Believe it or not I'm, um, I'm the blue dragon." 

"I think everything should be fair, no matter what." 

"I'm working on getting more confidant…h-how am I doing?"

"I've been told I'm persistent…I g-guess that's sort of true…"

"Huh? Um…d-did you want to t-talk with me…?" 

Leveling Up-

+0/+1: "Oh…sorry to disappoint you."

+2/+3: "Not bad, not bad."

+4/+5: "W-wow! This is great!"

Learning Skills-

"Y-you're giving me more power? Thanks!" 

Turn Action- 

"H-huh?"

"Oh, sure."

"My turn?"

Special Skill- 

"You can go now!"

"The blue dragon strikes!"

"S-stop making me nervous!"

"Sleep tight!"

Death-

"No…no!" 

Confession- 

"Okay, focus Yolanda…

Hello (summoner), may I speak to you? What do you mean I sound fake? I assure you that isn't the case. Okay, I was trying to talk to you without stuttering. I am? Oh my gosh, I am! I shouldn't be surprised, though. This happens whenever I become familiar with someone. Which isn't very often, since I don't meet many friendly faces. Thanks for being, well, you!"

Edited by KiwiScribble

PUGI PUGI PUGI PUGI PUGI PUGI PUGI PUGI PUGI

Orsin - Wild Axefighter (Infantry, Axe)

Stats: 46/33/36/33/20

Weapon: Pugi - 13 Might. Allows Counterattack Regardless Of Distance, Accelerates Special Trigger -1

Special Skill: Reprisal

Passive Skills: Wrath, Savage Blow

Here's all my Seasonal Units as of now. You don't have to review all of them but feedback would be nice

Spring

Spoiler

Lon’qu: Spring Swordsman

Infantry Swordsman

Weapon: Flower Katana (Grants Death Blow 2)

Special: Ignis

A: Wind Boost

B: Vantage

C: Savage Blow

Lachesis: Spring’s Knight

Armored Lance

Weapon: Flower Lance (Grants Armored Blow 2)

Assist: Drag Back

A: Earth Boost

B: Wary Fighter

C: Fortify Armor

Tiki: Spring’s Dragon

Green Infantry Mage

Weapon: Lime Egg (Grants Blue Tomebreaker 2)

Special: Dragon Fang

A: Darting Blow

B: Renewal

C: Drive Attack

Reinhardt: Spring's Thunder

Colorless Archer

Weapon: Marshmallow Cannon (Debuffs and Restricts movement to 1. If Unit Initiates, unit gains 4hp)

Special: Moonbow

A: Triangle Adept

B: Greenbreaker (If unit has 70% or more HP against any green unit, this unit will make a follow up attack and the foe cannot )

C: Hone Resistance

Seliph: Spring Scion

Lance Wyvern

Weapon: Brave Lance+

Assist: Rally Defense

A: Fury

C: SPD Ploy

Lukas: Spring's General

Axe Cavalry

Weapon: Gooey Axe (Restricts foes movement to 1. If unit initiates attack, unit recovers 4 HP)

Special: Astra

A: Armored Blow

B: Desperation

C: Ward Cavalry

Boey: Spring’s Mage

Red Flying Mage

Raurbunny (+4 attack when unit initiates combat.)

Assist: Rally Attack

B: Green Tomebreaker

C: Hone Fliers

Lucius: Spring’s Blessing

Blue Infantry Mage

Weapon: Teal Egg (Grants Vantage 2)

Special: Sol

A: Water Boost

B: Cancel Affinity

C: Breath of Life

Anthony: Spring's Survivor

Infantry Sword

Weapon: Lucky Sword (A sword that's guard looks like rabbit ears} Accelerates Cooldown and recovers 1/4 damage dealt.)

Assist: Pivot

A: Swift Strike (If Unit initiates Attack, Unit gains +6 SPD +4 atk)

C: Vined (if unit initiates attack, foe is immobilized. Can’t be Inheirited)

Marth: Spring’s Prince

Infantry Dagger

Weapon: Chocolate Dagger (Grants Renewal 2)

Special: Vengance

A: Close Counter

C: Resistance Smoke

Berkut: Obsidian Spring

Infantry Healer

Weapon: Bunny Staff (Brave Weapon)

Assist: Rehabilitate

Special: Spring’s Blossom Balm (Exclusive. Grants All Stats barring Hp +4 when in use)

A: Spring Boost (Exclusive. Grants all stats +3 if unit has 3 or more hp)

B: Wrathful Staff

C: Infantry Boost (Infantry Units get +6 Attack/Def if next to him at the beginning of the turn)

Genny: Spring’s Ally

Red Infantry Mage

Assist: Rally Speed

Weapon: Red Egg (Built in Fire Boost 2)

A: Triangle Adept

B: Seal Attack/Def

Leon: Spring’s Heart

Infantry Dagger

Weapon: Candy Dagger (Grants Renewal 2. If unit initiates attack, unit gets 4 hp after combat)

A: Death Blow

B: Poison Strike

Frederick: Spring’s Commander 

Sword Armor

Ham Bone (Grants Quick Riposte 2)

A: Armored Blow

B: Guard

C: Fortify Armor

Alm: Spring Royalty

Axe Calvary

Chocolate Axe (Grants Renewal 2 and BoL 1)

Assist: Rally Attack/Spd

A: Warding Blow

B: Bowbreaker

C: Fortify Calvary 

Roshea: Spring’s Hope 

Armored Red Tome Dancer

Spring Poem (+4spd if unit initates attack)

Assist: Recite (Allows for another Turn)

A: Earth Boost

Brides 

Spoiler

Reinhardt: Thunder's Bride

Dagger Infantry

Weapon: Holy Rings (Foes movement is restricted to 1. Grants Rally Attack to allies in range after attack)

Assist: Swap

A: Swift Sparrow

B: Redbreaker (if this unit has 70% or more HP against any red unit, this unit will make a follow-up attack and the foe cannot)

Lukas: Wedding Planner

Blue Infantry Mage

Bridal Decorations (Restricts Movement to 1)

Special: Blazing Wind

C: Hone Attack

Genny: Caring Bride

Lance Cavalry

Ram Ale (Mt 14 Grants Renewal 2)

Special: Ignis

B: Swordbreaker

C: Def Ploy

Summer

Spoiler

Reinhardt: Summer's Thunder

Blue Infantry Mage (So he can use Dire Thunder)

Weapon: Water Guns (Brave Weapon with built in knock back)

C: Seal All (-5 on all stats after combat )

Critical Quotes:

Summer is Everything!

Drown in my Magic!

I won't let you go further!

I'll bury you in the sand!

Anthony: Vallite Summer

Dagger Calvary

Weapon: Soda Can (Foes movement is limited to one -5 SPD/atk debuffs on foe)

Special: Glimmer

B: Bluebreaker (If Unit has 70% or more HP against any blue unit, Unit will make a follow-up attack and the foe cannot)

C: Hone Cavalry

Lukas: Summer's Life Guard

Green Infantry Mage

Whistle (After combat, units within 2 spaces lose 5 SPD)

Assist: Rally Attack

A: Life and Death

B: Daggerbreaker

C: Infantry Pulse

Genny: Summer's Ally

Green Infantry Mage

Water Balloons (Grants Savage Blow 2)

Special: Capsized (Units in range take damage before combat. -40% Res. Summer units only)

Halloween

Spoiler

Reinhardt: Thunderous Vampire

Blue Infantry Mage (That can use Dire Thunder)

Weapon: Vampiric Fangs (Heals 1/4 of damage dealt)

Berkut: Vampire Slayer

Dagger Infantry

Weapon: Whip (Built in Close Counter)

A: Life and Death

C: Attack Ploy

Lukas: Crazed Doctor

Dagger Infantry

Assist: Ardent Sacrifice

Syringe (Immobilizes Foe after combat and lowers all stats)

A: Fire Boost

Eliwood: Werewolf of Lycia

Infantry Sword

Weapon: Werewolf Claws (Brave Weapon that Grants Savage Blow 2. However unit is weak to cavalry weapons. Exclusive)

Hector: Lord of Pumpkins

Infantry Dagger

Pumpkin (Accelerates Cooldown)

Special: Sol

B: Bowbreaker

C: Def Ploy

Julius: Dark Wyvern

Green Tome Flier

Book Of Souls (Immobilizes Foe for the turn. Exclusive)

A: Flame Boost

B: Bluebreaker

Anthony: Vallite Dragon

Blue Infantry Stone

Weapon: Crystal Stone (Brave Weapon with Distant Counter. Unit is now weak to Dragon Effective Weapons. Exclusive)

Special: Dragon Fang

Conrad: Kitten Prince

Infantry Sword Unit

Weapon: Kitty Claws (Brave Weapon with Poison Strike 2 built in. Unit is now weak to calvary effective weapons. Exclusive)

Assist: Rally Meow! (Exclusive. All stats minus Hp +3)

Brave

Spoiler

Name: Reinhardt

Title: Thunder's Hero

Unit: Blue Horse Mage

Description: The Thunder's Fist after a new burst of godly energy.

Weapon: Thunder's Might (Can attack Twice)

Special: Thunderous Storm (Gives out damage before he attacks)

A: Thunder Boost: +5 atk +3 spd +1 def if unit has 3 or more hp

B: Lightning's Ward: Close range attacks reduced by 80% after the second attack

C: Lightning's Rain: Foes within 2 spaces take 9 damage every 3 turns

Criticals

Magic is Everything!

The lightning strikes!

For her!

Enough!

Level 40 5* Convo

{Name}, I have a serious question.... Why is it that you have faith in me despite all the losses we've had and mistakes we've made? Our bonds huh..... Oh. It's nothing....

Note: All skills are exclusive to him

Name: Seliph

Title: Scion of Light

Unit Type: Sword Cavalier

Description: The true hero blessed by Naga

Weapon: Blessed Tyfring (Grants Quick Riposte 2)

A: Naga's Blessing (Allies within 2 spaces of him gain +2 atk and SPD. Exclusive)

B: Seal Spd Res 2 (Spd/Res -5 after combat)

C: Hone Swords (Sword Wielders gain +4 atk)

Lon'qu

Title: Master Swordsman

Unit Type: Swordsman Infantry

Description: A master of the blade after a promotion. Appears in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Weapon: Amatsu (Grants Distant Counter)

A: Swift Sparrow

B: Sword Intimidation (enemy sword users within 2 spaces -5 spd/ atk)

C: Precise Slash (After combat, enemies within 2 spaces lose 5 HP. Exclusive to Lon'qu)

Lukas

Title: Thunder's Ally

Unit: Infantry Healer (sue me)

Description: Lukas after being hit with the same energy Reinhardt was. Has no idea why he's a healer

Weapon: Pain

Assist: Rehabilitate

Special: Thunderous Storm Balm (Allies healed by it gain +4 SPD and Atk)

A: Fortress Def/Res (Both def and RES raised by 4. -3 atk)

B: Crimson Wall (all units in combat cannot double aside from brave weapons)

C: Thunder Burst (Allies within 2 spaces gain 4 spd/def)

Genny: Brave Priestess

Blue Infantry Mage

Sephiram (Gives unit Triangle Adept 2)

Assist: Invoke (Exclusive. Summons a Generic Unit at the cost of 1/2 of her HP. Can only work every 5 turns)

A: Light Boost (Unit Gains 5 RES and 3 SPD if she has 3 or more HP)

B: Red Tomebreaker

Other/Various

Spoiler

Reinhardt: Preforming Thunder

Flying Axe Unit

Sparking Guitar (Grants Savage Blow 2 and debuffs enemies speed by 5 within 2 spaces)

Special: Blazing Flame

B: Lancebreaker

C: Attack Smoke

Berkut

Title: Obsidian Prince

Unit: Sword Infantry

Description: The Prince of Darkness after some training with his cousin

Weapon: Shadow Sword (Accelerates cool down and grants Fury 2)

Special: Obsidian Smackdown (Exclusive. Def/Res -70%)

A: Obsidian Boost (exclusive. +5 atk +3 def +1 SPD if unit has 3 or more HP)

B: Reverse Affinity (Reverses Weapon Triangle)

C: Threaten Res

Mathilda

Title: Golden Warrior

Unit: Lance Flier

Description: A warrior who temporarily took up the pegasus

Weapon: Spirited Gradivus (Grants Distant Counter )

Assist: Rally Atk/Def

A: Golden Boost (Exclusive. +5 def +3 Res +1 atk if unit has 3 or more HP)

B: Purple Tome Breaker (If units HP is equal or more to 70% against a red or blue tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and the foe cannot)

C: Hone Lances ( Lance wielders gain +4 atk if next to unit at beginning of turn)

Lucius

Title: Light's Blessing

Unit: Blue Tome

Description: A healer that followed the light.

Weapon: Aureola (+5 resistance if unit initiates. Also grants BoL 2. Personal)

Special: Miracle

A: Light's Blessing (+5 Res, +3 SPD +1 def if unit has 3 or more HP. Personal)

B: Light's Piercing (After combat, units within 2 spaces lose 5 HP and -6 in all stats)

C: Light's Ward (Allies within 2 spaces gain 4 def/Res)

Henry

Title: Raven Occultist

Unit: Red Horse Mage

Description: A morbid mage who gained a promotion.

Weapon: Waste (Brave Tome)

Special: Raven Flurry ( Units take damage before combat and are restricted to 1 Move. Exclusive)

A: Close Counter

B: Occult's Spirits (Units in range lose 7 HP after battle and -7 SPD)

C: Drive Atk/SPD

Anthony: New Ruler

Blue Infantry Mage

Weapon: Water's Breath (Effective Against Dragons. Grants Renewal 2)

Special: Draconic Breath (Foes in range take damage before combat. Res -50%. Non inheritable)

A: Wind Boost

Anthony: Sharp Thunder (he's wearing Lukas' armor and Rein's scarf)

Lance Cavalry

Weapon: Brave Lance+

B: Seal Attack

C: Innocent Pranks (after combat units within range take 7 damage and -4 in all stats. Can't be inherited )

Lukas: True Hero

Sword Infantry (Dread Fighter Class)

Astra (Grants the Unit Astra)

Assist: Pivot

C: Attack Ploy

Gray: Wry Hero

Sword Infantry

Brave Sword+

Special: Astra

A: Sturdy Blow

Tobin: Loyal Ally

Unit: Archer Cavalry

Slaying Bow+

A: Fire Boost

C: Hone Spd

Kliff: Studious Mage

Red Mage Infantry

Dire Flame (Brave Tome for red units. Inheritable)

Assist: Swap

A: Close Defense

B: Rangebreaker (If unit fights a bow or dagger user with 70% or more health, unit makes a follow-up attack, and the foe cannot )

Faye: Loving Cleric

Healer Infantry

Weapon: Pain

Assist: Rehabilite

A: Ice Boost (If unit has 3 or more HP, unit gains 4 def and RES)

B: Dazzling Staff

C: Hone Defense

Atlas: Determined Mercenary

Sword Infantry

Slaying Edge+

Special: Bonfire

Gray: Emerald Mage

Blue Infantry Mage

Sagittae (14 Mt, Accelerates Cooldown. Inheritable.)

Special: Glacies (Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit's Res.)

A: Mirror Strike (Grants Atk/Res+4 during combat if unit initiates combat. Via Death Blow)

B: Renewal (At the start of every second turn, restores 10 HP.)

C: Infantry Pulse (Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn 1 for any Infantry allies with at least 1 fewer HP than unit. [Effects will stack with similar skills.])

Stat Spread: Very Similar to Boey, a tanky mage with low RES.

Lukas: Crimson Sniper

Bow Infantry

Slaying Bow+ (Effective against flying units. Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)).

Special: Growing Flame (Before combat this unit initiates, foes in a wide area around target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res)).

A: Defiant Attack (Grants Atk +7 at start of turn if unit's HP ≤ 50%)

B: Green Tomebreaker (If unit's HP ≥ 50% in combat against a green tome user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)

C: Hone Attack (Grants adjacent allies Atk+4 through their next actions at the start of each turn.)

Stat Spread: A high RES archer that is meant to take out units like Cecilia and Sonya. Crud SPD though)

Ryoma: Hoshidan Paladin

Sword Cavalry

Blazing Rajinto (Exclusive.

Enables counterattack regardless of distance if this unit is attacked. If unit initiates combat, after battle, foes within 2 spaces lose 5 HP)

Special: Growing Thunder (Before combat initiates, foes in a wide area around the target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res))

A: Bracing Blow (Grants Def/Res+4 during combat if unit initiates combat.)

B: Brash Assault (Unit automatically makes a follow-up when at HP ≤ 50% and attacking a foe that can counter.)

C: Panic Ploy (At start of turn, bonuses become penalties on all foes in cardinal directions with HP 1 or more lower than unit through foe's next action.)

Lon'qu: Feroxi Wyvern

Flying Axe

Crystal Axe (Neutralizes Weapon Triangle. Special Cooldown -1)

Special: Luna (Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-50%)

A: Fury (Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat.)

B: Daggerbreaker (If unit's HP ≥ 50% in combat against a dagger user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot.)

C: SPD Smoke (After combat, inflicts Spd-7 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions)

Touma Akagi, Hero of Justice (Blue Lance Cavalry)

HP: 40

Attack: 38

Speed: 34

Defense: 30

Resistance: 12

Weapon: Mirage Lance (Raises Defense +3)

Support: Rally Atk/Def

A skill: Furious Flame (+2/4/6 Attack, unit takes 2/4/6 damage after combat)

C Skill: Defense Smoke (After combat, inflicts Def-7 on foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.)

Tsubasa Oribe, Determined Idol (Blue Lance Flier)

HP: 35

Attack: 36

Speed: 38

Defense: 17

Resistance: 32

Weapon: Mirage Feather (When initiating battle, restore 3 HP after combat to self and adjacent allies after battle)

Support: Ardent Sacrifice

B Skill: Renewal

C Skill: Spur Speed/Resistance

On 10/29/2017 at 1:46 AM, Nightmayre said:

(Echo, the Cynical Strategist) It looks like you're trying to turn yourself into premium inheritance fodder, I mean, that CC and QR are delicious. Jokes aside, it looks like a decent tanky horse mage, which is a creative design basis. I like the weapon, originally I thought it should be 12 MT, but then I ran the math against Owl tomes and 13+3 (max) = 16 for this while 10+2x3=16 (max) for Owls so it's pretty well-balanced, Owls having a higher payout if you fill out its conditions, but Pierces starting out at extra MT. You do need to clarify what you mean by "weapon type" - does it lump together all tomes under the same type? And this bothers me more than it should but since the effect is on a fixed tome (and not a passive skill, which would have been better) "color" and "weapon type" feel like fluff (since Raudrpierce has both a set color and a set type)... I know you're obviously using this wording in order to be able to clone this effect on other weapons / skills / seals, so it's probably just me. But yeah, I like the character concept.

Yes, this effect lumps all melee physical weapons into one category, as well as dragonstones and tomes (but each colorless weapon counts as its own thing).