The Map Matchup Thread

Magical Glace

OHzgJVR.png

Ch. 14 Conquest (Voice of Paradise) for P12-3.

EDIT: and all three of them are based on the same chapter. Now that’s lame.

EDIT2: @Kruggov: is Navarre’s GHB really based on Mystery? He’s not an enemy there, and where’s Phina?

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28.09.2017 at 10:30 AM, Vaximillian said:

EDIT2: @Kruggov: is Navarre’s GHB really based on Mystery? He’s not an enemy there, and where’s Phina?

He is not an enemy there, but that is his join map in Mystery. As for Phina... idk really, she might be represented by a generic Cleric (as I have never seen generics with Dance/Sing). Not to mention the positioning of the player's and enemies' forces.

On 28.09.2017 at 10:30 AM, Vaximillian said:

Yep, but depending on enemy positioning it can also be Ch 12. Birthright (Dark Reunion).

On 9/28/2017 at 3:30 PM, Vaximillian said:

If you're talking about his absence from the map, it doesn't have Marth and co either, and it might be that Phina and Navarre are predeployed player units, like Hardin's group in Shadow Dragon. It's been a while.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's been a while since I saw the map. Marth, Navarre and Phina are on the map provided. So what are you complaining about? I'm sure Heroes has taken broader strokes than not including a generic dancer.

Edited by phineas81707

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

P13-1 resembles the very first part of prologue, with generic Axe Cav and Mage in the same place where Lex and Azelle joined.

P13-2 I'm stumped on.

P13-3 is spot on)

I believe P13-2 is the right half of Girl of the Spirit Forest, where Ayra is recruited.

Alternatively, the lower right portion of Inheritor of Light, which is in her home country of Issach.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

10 minutes ago, Vamport said:

Hey I noticed that the Warriors maps are based on the game, although the names are not known at this moment since the game hasn't come out in english yet.

Part 1 is based on Chapter 2.

Part 2 is based on Chapter 4.

Part 3 is based on Chapter 6.

Part 4 is based on Chapter 7.

Part 5 is based on Chapter 9.

When the game's officially out in English can you update me on this?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Arvis’ GHB is the Belhalla BBQ party in Ch. 5, yay/nay?

I actually already have this in the OP, since I saw the map in the datamine.

Julia is most definitely a boss of the upcoming tempest trial. This is most definitely the final map of the trial, based on the Velthomer portion of the Final Chapter (The Last Holy War).

EDIT: and it’s apparently called Genealogy of Light.

Edited by Vaximillian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

We haven't had a new map for a month and the topic's all the way down here? Eurgh...

Anyway, Amelia/Tana BHB is Chapter 9 Eirika route, just without the port town bits.

I blame Book II + Farfetched Heroes for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TT9: Stepping into the New Year is based on Conquest Endgame: Night Breaks Through (Video). I am not entirely sure about Oliver GHB because it looks like a generic castle map, but it's probably from Radiant Dawn: Chapter 4-4: Revelations where you can fight him as a boss and recruit him (Video). As to the new story maps, they are Heroes exclusive.

On 1/12/2018 at 8:20 AM, Vamport said:

s based on Conquest Endgame: Night Breaks Through (Video). I am not entirely sure about Oliver GHB because it looks like a generic castle map, but it's probably from Radiant Dawn: Chapter 4-4: Revelations where you can fight him as a boss and recruit him (Video). As to the new story maps, they are Heroes exclusive.

I'm guessing those horse trap things are made to mimic RD's cliffs (which 4-4 has a few of)? They weren't traversable by horse riding units, so they were like the new horse traps a specifically anti-horse and horse alone terrain. Although no part of 4-4 looks like the GHB map. And why couldn't they spring for the red carpet by the way? Oliver doesn't deserve crappy generic dull blue tiling!

I thought it looked a bit like 4-4, which is why I put it as that.  Sorta like, the trenches are part of a three tier castle, which 4-4 was.  

Certainly doesn't seem like Oliver's PoR map which was in the middle of the wrecked Serenes Forest.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the Double post, it has been a while, but what maps are the new Warriors maps based on?  I haven't played Warriors, so I don't know.

Edited by Glaceon Mage