The Map Matchup Thread

Magical Glace

I made a post at the start of the Breath of Destiny TT topic pointing out how the map there might be based on Sands of Time (the Ostia throne room)- Chapter 29 Eliwood/31 Hector.

I'd be inclined to say the Navarre Warriors Special Map is based on A Brush in the Teeth Chapter 3 of FE1/3B1/11. This is Navarre's first ever appearance and recruitment chapter. 

Here is the NES and SD versions of it:

latest?cb=20120908213330

A_brush_in_the_teeth.jpg

Small, but if you look them up and see them zoomed in, you'll see what I mean. There are a lot of mountains, several forts, including two in the northeast flat area where Navarre starts. Navarre also starts in the northeast on the Special Map. The west fort might be representing the castle you have to seize.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Navarre's map is the same map as Chapter 5-1, Return to Mystery, but with Warriors' portals added do it. Likewise, Linde's is Chapter 1-3, Wind and Light, and Minerva's is Prologue-2, Proof of Power.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I made a post at the start of the Breath of Destiny TT topic pointing out how the map there might be based on Sands of Time (the Ostia throne room)- Chapter 29 Eliwood/31 Hector.

I'd be inclined to say the Navarre Warriors Special Map is based on A Brush in the Teeth Chapter 3 of FE1/3B1/11. This is Navarre's first ever appearance and recruitment chapter. 

Here is the NES and SD versions of it:

latest?cb=20120908213330

A_brush_in_the_teeth.jpg

Small, but if you look them up and see them zoomed in, you'll see what I mean. There are a lot of mountains, several forts, including two in the northeast flat area where Navarre starts. Navarre also starts in the northeast on the Special Map. The west fort might be representing the castle you have to seize.

2 hours ago, C. Turtle said:

Navarre's map is the same map as Chapter 5-1, Return to Mystery, but with Warriors' portals added do it. Likewise, Linde's is Chapter 1-3, Wind and Light, and Minerva's is Prologue-2, Proof of Power.

Main reason I asked was in case they had a different name in Warriors and I wanted to be consistent by naming the Warriors name in the OP.

41 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Main reason I asked was in case they had a different name in Warriors and I wanted to be consistent by naming the Warriors name in the OP.

As far as I'm aware, A Brush in the Teeth, is the only that appears in Warriors, and does so as a History Map, rather than a playable location. It uses the same same in Warriors and it does in Shadow Dragon. The other two History Maps in the Shadow Dragon pack do not seem to be the same maps used for the Heroes maps, so it's likely they were chosen simply because those maps were where the associated character appears in Heroes.

Well it is pretty obvious the Azura and Corrin BHB is supposed to be the defining chapter of Fates: Chapter 6- The Path is Yours. To be precise, it's the Revelation version, since Corrin and Azura are on the "island" in the middle of the river and are being flanked on both sides- the Rev. map formation. And of course, the BHB itself is named "Into the Ground", the same as the Revelation version of Chapter 6. "In the White Light" and "Embrace the Dark" being the names of the BR and CQ versions.

Just now, Vamport said:

I would like to point out that the current TT is also based on FE6 Chapter 8: The Reunion. Both this map, and Sands of Time from FE7 are set in the same location, Castle Ostia.

It seems to be more Sands of Time, since it has the area south of the throne room rather than northeast.

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Is this still being updated? @Glaceon Mage The final map of the Invisible Ties TT is Awakening's Endgame: Grima, and Chrom and Lissa's BHB is C24: Awakening.

There's no need to @ me in this thread, I'll be notified if you post here either way.

And thanks.  I have been taking a bit of a break from Heroes due to being salty over not getting VRoy, so I'll add these at once.

On 05.02.2017 at 11:28 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

Special Maps - Fire Emblem Warriors

• Map 8: Proof of Power (FE11 Prologue 2)

Uhh, what? I know, it uses slightly edited map of Proof of Power (aka Heroes Prologue Map 3). More correct would be saying it's based on Lefcandith Gautlet, much like how Warriors Map 6/7 notes they are based on A Brush in the Teeth/An Oasis of Magic rather than Return to Mystery/Wind and Light.

56 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Uhh, what? I know, it uses slightly edited map of Proof of Power (aka Heroes Prologue Map 3). More correct would be saying it's based on Lefcandith Gautlet, much like how Warriors Map 6/7 notes they are based on A Brush in the Teeth/An Oasis of Magic rather than Return to Mystery/Wind and Light.

I just put what I was told to, so I'll go ahead and change it if that's the case.

On 06.02.2017 at 3:28 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Navarre: The Scarlet Swordsman (FE12 Chapter 7)

I still don’t agree that Navarre’s GHB is based on his Book 2 join chapter. Not only he isn’t hostile to the Marth’s army there, the banner for that GHB included Caeda, the one to recruit him for Marth’s army in the first place. Which happened in Shadow Dragon. I still claim that Navarre’s map is based on FE1/11 Ch 3 (A Brush in the Teeth).

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And also the only chapter with enemy Reinhardt, but that isn't really relevant here.

Relevant because the upcoming Thracia-themed tempest has this same map as the basis for its final map. Guess who’s the final boss? Yep.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Relevant because the upcoming Thracia-themed tempest has this same map as the basis for its final map. Guess who’s the final boss? Yep.

Well that is resourceful. Though they could have used 17A: Leonster's Gate for Saias instead then.

But why doesn't Olwen have her Blessed Sword then? And why don't I have Asbel or Homer? And where are Blizzard, Sleep and Berserk?

Rein was deadly in Thracia, FEH gets that right. But it ignores his sister's fratricide weapon (and a Green Tome actually makes her weak to him), and his shared with everyone else weakness to the power of status effects. One Sleep use, and he has goose eggs for stats. 

But this isn't the topic for such critique.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(and a Green Tome actually makes her weak to him)

But this also means Dire Thunder Olwen is effective against Meistereinhardt and Thunderhead Olwen is effective against Direinhardt.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

But this also means Dire Thunder Olwen is effective against Meistereinhardt and Thunderhead Olwen is effective against Direinhardt.

Well when you think of it like that, you're right. More reason to bust out Oldwen. I guess she can check him then, provided the numbers work out. (Don't bother running them at this moment. I'm not asking for them.)

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Saias GHB is based on Thracia 776 Chapter 22: Across the River

FE5 chap22

-and through the woods over the bridges, against Saias's 10 Authority Stars you fight!

And also the only chapter with enemy Reinhardt, but that isn't really relevant here.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

So they literally used this map as the basis for maps in Heroes 3 times (the first time being in Paralogue 2-2).

Nice, IS.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

So they literally used this map as the basis for maps in Heroes 3 times (the first time being in Paralogue 2-2).

Nice, IS.

It is truly the age of alts, the darkest of timelines. Also, the Thracia tempest will be titled Thunder’s Fist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it okay to Aum this topic?

Because Matthew and Hector BHB appears to me to be based on FE7 Chapter 11 Hector Mode: Another Journey:

Spoiler

11H.pngAmndwNA.jpg?1

It is also worth pointing out this chapter only has Matthew and Hector playable, starting in the upper right corner.

The Hector Legendary Hero Battle looks like another FE7 Sands of Time (Chapter 29E/31H)/FE6 Chapter 8: Reunion reference:

Spoiler

sTtojZB.pngChapter8.png29.png

It’s totally okay to Aum this topic.

Will add

Edit: I’ll fix the colors when I’m on computer again, the bbc is refusing to work.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Seliph and Julia is FE4 Final Chapter (The Final Holy War), specifically Belhalla Castle.

Also, we seem to be missing Julius' GHB (in between Kana's and Linus'), which is also FE4 Final, and also Belhalla Castle.