The Map Matchup Thread

Magical Glace

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

We are also missing Ryoma’s LHB which is again (as in 6-5) Conquest Ch 25, eponymously named Ryoma.

I actually wasn’t though... I had forgotten Julius, but as LHB are a monthly thing I remembered Ryouma fine.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Is the Leo and Elise map from BR?  I don't recognize it.

I may be crazy, but it reminded me of Ch 6 with all these rivers.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I may be crazy, but it reminded me of Ch 6 with all these rivers.

That doesn't seem right.  There's not enough river in the northern portion of the map and Leo and Elise are on the Hoshido side.

Hmm...

I can't think of any BR, CQ, or Rev. map that looks like that. Only C6 looks like the Leo and Elise BHB.

Is the map upside-down here? Isn't the island in middle of the river in the north in Fates? Here it is to the south. Did they decide to flip it because FEH has been reusing Fates Chapter 6 Fates so much they had to do something to make it seem new?

If it is upside-down, then Nohr should be on the right, which Leo and Elise are.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm...

I can't think of any BR, CQ, or Rev. map that looks like that. Only C6 looks like the Leo and Elise BHB.

Is the map upside down here? Isn't the island in middle of the river in the north in Fates? Here it is to the south. Did they decide to flip it because IS has been reusing Fates Chapter 6 Fates so much they had to do something to make it seem new?

I guess that's a possibility.

Still doesn't feel quite right since the river in Chapter 6 runs across the whole map, but I'll put it with a (?) for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double post...

Someone on TVTropes stated that Lucina's LHB is Awakening Paralogue 7 (Noble Lineage). I don't have a map of the area, so I can't say.

Datamined Tempest Trial's final map (Chaos Named) is Fates Chapter 5 (Mother), except looks like it did before the explosion.

11 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Someone on TVTropes stated that Lucina's LHB is Awakening Paralogue 7 (Noble Lineage). I don't have a map of the area, so I can't say.

Brady’s paralogue, huh?
34439-1412895600.png

On 8/12/2018 at 9:55 AM, Vaximillian said:

34423-1412895600.png

Yeah, that doesn't look right either...

I have no idea.  I guess I can put Brady's paralogue for now, with a (?)

Edit: Micaiah and Sothe BHB is likely FE10 Chapter I-E: Daein, Arise!

Edited by Glaceon Mage

On 8/12/2018 at 10:02 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Edit: Micaiah and Sothe BHB is likely FE10 Chapter I-E: Daein, Arise!

That is what I was thinking.

Screenshot_20180820-161627.thumb.png.49adefdbbca7c4aac9f8f6add4fb388a.png

latest?cb=20090712223508

The center staircase and two cliffs match perfectly on the BHB. And the area from the second set of cliffs from the bottom matches up with the initial deployment area. The far right staircase is also alluded to with the blockage on the left.

My second guess was 1-2: The Dispossessed:

latest?cb=20090527161745

But while this explains the lower left area on the BHB better, it doesn't align with the rest of the BHB map anywhere near as well. So I very much doubt it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

The Legendary Marth battle is yet another indoors one, which never makes things very easy since IS rarely individualizes the indoor terrain.

My guess is Chapter 17 Shadow Dragon: Star and Savior, which is reused as Chapter 16 Mystery of the Emblem: Reclaim the Capital.

latest?cb=20110422194536

You can look at the picture but with it bigger here.

The diagonal slant going northwest-southeast is mirrored with the vertical straight two-space wall and lone wall southeast of it. Marth is sitting roughly where the throne should be, and the wall behind him should be the location of the Secret Shop. You also have the moat near the player starting area.

This map is the interior of Castle Altea, it makes perfect sense for battling Marth.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

To be honest, it did resemble the part of the game i proposed, but now that I see the area you shown, it's a much better fit.

The cliff overlooking Chalphy is pretty recognisable, and the configuration of roads and trees (minus a couple removed for gameplay purposes) is recreated quite faithfully.

On 06.02.2017 at 3:28 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Fued of the Fangs: Light (FE7 Endgame)

Typo: should be “Feud”.