The Map Matchup Thread

Magical Glace

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is Tiki’s LHB supposed to be based on FE1/11 Ch 19 (Manakete Princess)?
Screenshot_20180928-153741.png

capitulo19.png

I don’t really see it but it certainly doesn’t look like FE3/12 Ch 14 (A Mystery Revealed) that is another chapter where you recruit Tiki:
mapa14.png

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t really see it but it certainly doesn’t look like FE3/12 Ch 14 (A Mystery Revealed) that is another chapter where you recruit Tiki:

It actually looks like the entire center column of the map. The vertical hallway on the right of the Heroes map is the hallway with the ice dragon and two mages on the right of the entrance. The room where the green knight starts is the room with the treasure chest labeled "1".

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It actually looks like the entire center column of the map. The vertical hallway on the right of the Heroes map is the hallway with the ice dragon and two mages on the right of the entrance. The room where the green knight starts is the room with the treasure chest labeled "1".

Huh, interesting. I can see it now. So the player units start approimately in place of these ice dragons?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Huh, interesting. I can see it now. So the player units start approimately in place of these ice dragons?

Yeah. The starting points are about where the three ice dragons in a horizontal line are.

The following is based on datamine:

This is probably the map for the R&I BHB:

hyIcUx6.png

The most obvious location to, erm, localise it would be Friege in Endgame (The Final Holy War):
unknown.png

But the lack of a southward-leading road makes me not 100% sure about it, and also Reinhardt not being actually alive anymore by the time Friege is taken by Seliph and the gang.

My other guess would then be Leonster in Ch 8 (Dragon Knights of Thracia):
unknown.png
The hill in the top is there, the southwards-leading road forking into two is there, but the mountains aren’t there and only limited hills.

help me pls

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The following is based on datamine:

Hide contents

This is probably the map for the R&I BHB:

hyIcUx6.png

The most obvious location to, erm, localise it would be Friege in Endgame (The Final Holy War):
unknown.png
But the lack of a southward-leading road makes me not 100% sure about it, and also Reinhardt not being actually alive anymore by the time Friege is taken by Seliph and the gang.

My other guess would then be Leonster in Ch 8 (Dragon Knights of Thracia):
unknown.png
The hill in the top is there, the southwards-leading road forking into two is there, but the mountains aren’t there and only limited hills.

help me pls

It looks more like Friege to me, and even if Reinhardt's dead when Seliph barges in it's still a significant location to two characters from Friege.  So I'll put the former.

Tiki map looks more like the 3/12 one.

• 2 weeks later...

It suddenly struck me that Tactics Drills Grandmaster map 8 (Another Reunion) is based on Binding Blade Ch 8 (The Reunion).
It even has the crack on the wall of Lilina’s cell in the exact same spot. I’m stupid, okay?

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It suddenly struck me that Tactics Drills Grandmaster map 8 (Another Reunion) is based on Binding Blade Ch 8 (The Reunion).
It even has the crack on the wall of Lilina’s cell in the exact same spot. I’m stupid, okay?

You're better off forgetting that chapter so I don't fault you for anything

One thing I didn't like about Book II is the maps are not based on main games's maps, but I know it makes sense because Book I happens in different worlds and, in some maps, in Askr, while Book II happens in Askr, Nifl and Múspell.

Something randomly occured to me while playing FE8:

Is it just me, or Paralogue 10 Part 3 (The Silver Knight) resembles FE8 Chapter 3 (Bandits of Borgo)? Specifically, it shows the left portion, except moved to the left beyond the map and showing what I think is the outside of the fort. Tana starts where the locked door was supposed to be in FE8, Innes starts roughly where the leftmost chest was supposed to be, and Amelia starts in the locked room with the pillar.

Your thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

Is it just me, or Paralogue 10 Part 3 (The Silver Knight) resembles FE8 Chapter 3 (Bandits of Borgo)?

fe8map16.png Screenshot_20181023-030500.png fe8map3.png

To be honest, I can see it. Then again, I can see both of the maps having served as inspiration for the chapter. The outside portion where Seth starts in Heroes doesn’t really correspond to the outside portion of Ch 3 but it’s very clearly there in Ch 16, for example. Tana’s position can very much be interpreted as where the top locked door is in Ch 16, too, with the winding hallway being the same in both Heroes and Ch 16. I’m not really sure which one to pick as the “definitive” source.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06.02.2017 at 3:28 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Eirika: Last Hope (FE8 Chapter 19)

I see that you’ve added Eirika LHB but you still missed Aversa GHB (FE13 Ch 25, To Slay a God).

Paralogue 27 is set entirely in Valla, and as such its maps are based on the post-Canyon Revelation chapters.

P27-1 is based on Ch 19 (Hidden Strings), map of which is reused from Conquest Ch 15 that is irrelevant for us.
P27-2 is likely based on Ch 20 (Seeds of Doubt), mostly because of the floating bridges, I dunno.
P27-3 is based either on Ch 18 (Veiled Kingdom) or on Ch 24 (Arete Undone), or on combination of both.

Opinions?

@Glaceon Mage I don’t think we do.

There isn’t even a banner for the battle in the Gamepress datamine, but I’ve seen it come from somewhere. Maybe the datamining discord?

Anyway, there are maps which are duplicate of the two Hoshidan Festival paralogue maps, and there is this one that wasn’t used:
rCeeBsm.png

I wouldn’t be even 15% assured that this is the map (again, there isn’t even a banner in the album), but at least it’s something.