Samurai Jack: Season 5 Episode 6

Jedi

Yepper, also EPISODE 2 is out. 

Its heartracing after the opening light moments with Aku, and trust me the contrast is huge. 

Preview for episode 3 is here 

Episode 2 was great. I really liked the fight scenes. There were times when I thought Jack wouldn't make it. The ending was especially great since I didn't expect what he was going to do.

28 minutes ago, Right_Here said:

Episode 2 was great. I really liked the fight scenes. There were times when I thought Jack wouldn't make it. The ending was especially great since I didn't expect what he was going to do.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... 

I've seen some people theorize that Wolf was symbolizing that part of Jack died after that fight, eventhough I believe it was confirmed he killed bounty hunters before in a season 4 episode, but I may be mistaken 

Hide contents

I've seen some people theorize that Wolf was symbolizing that part of Jack died after that fight, eventhough I believe it was confirmed he killed bounty hunters before in a season 4 episode, but I may be mistaken 

Wasn't that something like 50 years ago though?  If I'm interpreting this episode right, Jack hasn't actually fought any flesh and blood humans for about 50 years.  

Edited by FionordeQuester

5 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't that something like 50 years ago though?  If I'm interpreting this episode right, Jack hasn't actually fought any flesh and blood humans for about 50 years.  

I guess it does give that impression, but I find his reaction while understandable, a tad overblown, but then again, this is Jack who never wants to harm anyone so I guess not so much.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

I guess it does give that impression, but I find his reaction while understandable, a tad overblown, but then again, this is Jack who never wants to harm anyone so I guess not so much.

Remember what he was saying to SuicidalGhost!Jack though, when he was hiding in those logs...

--------------------------------------

Ghost!Jack: Time to end it, don't you think?!

Jack: Never.  They are just machines.  I will find a way; I always have...It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way.  They're just nuts and bolts...just nuts and bolts...

--------------------------------------

So he's already on the edge of losing it; and this is one of the only arguments he has for why he hasn't taken his own life yet.  So to have that whole disturbing conversation, only to then find yourself cutting down a beautiful young teenage girl...well, that's gonna be disturbing to him on two multiple levels, not just one.

1) There's the immediate sorrow of having killed another person; especially one who also happens to be a beautiful teenage girl (whom honorable men are already going to have an inherent bias for).

2) There's ALSO the ominous implication that "no, I'm not going to be fighting weak, lifeless, unintelligent machines anymore; I'm now going to be fighting against fellow human beings too.  Ones who are extremely fast, extremely skilled, extremely intelligent, and EXTREMELY ruthless".  And he STILL hasn't found his sword yet; a point very clearly demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evw5YFhsyx0&t=114s

Where the Daughters of Aku systematically demolish every single weapon he tries to use against them.  Not a one of them go for even a minute before getting smashed to smithereens.

So yeah, there's some level of sorrow here; but there's also some level of "holy cow; how the heck am I going to survive against THESE kinds of enemies?!".  At least, that's what I got out of it.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Third episode is in the books, and I must say, that handled "Jack fighting flesh and blood" quite a bit differently, and I'm also surprised about the flashback to Jacks father, that was a direction I wasn't expecting but really liked. 

I'd say more but, thats kind of spoilery as is.

Unfortunately fellow Jack fans we have to wait another week 

Adult Swim apperently also thinks this takes such priority that they will stream Rick & Morty for alot of hours for the same episode, but won't even let Jack air for this week. 

Edited by Jedi

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Jedi said:

Third episode is in the books, and I must say, that handled "Jack fighting flesh and blood" quite a bit differently, and I'm also surprised about the flashback to Jacks father, that was a direction I wasn't expecting but really liked. 

I'd say more but, thats kind of spoilery as is.

Honestly, I LOVED the shot of the splash of blood across Young Jack's face. It makes me look at the title card -the one with Jack's eyes and a red filter - a little differently.  

Just now, Quiver said:

Honestly, I LOVED the shot of the splash of blood across Young Jack's face. It makes me look at the title card -the one with Jack's eyes and a red filter - a little differently.  

Yeah that was a cool call to that title card honestly.

First: I do hope Jack gets a costume at some point. I'm sort of assuming that by the time he faces down Aku for the final time, he'll have a new set of robes like he used to wear.

Second... yeah, I LOVED this episode. The dark and gritty stuff has bee great, certainly, but comedy is also an important part of Jack's appeal; Scaramouch (...? I have no idea how to spell it) was entertaining, but seeing the old!Jack was a delight. And the fact that the show actually is examining the morality of his "They made their choice," moment is cool.

When Aku said he destroyed the time portals, did he destroy that one that jack didn't get out of sheer skill?  I always forget what episode it is, but it's the one where Jack fights against that one gardian who says, "Only one man can defeat me.  You ain't that man!"  And at the end of the episode, jack loses, but the crystal (time portal) shows a future jack, in roman-style armor and a beard with long hair.  I'm wondering if Aku got that specific one too.  Because the depiction of jack back in that episode is identical to the Jack we have here.  I wonder how jack will get back his sword, if he ever does.  Probably with tons of help.  Loving the new episodes, but I feel they are using a little too many flashbacks to show character development.

Episode 5 hit, Scotsman is back in a degree, also Ashi is finally starting to see Jack's pov. 

Episode preview for 6 is here 

Which has the return of the WOOLIES.

4 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

Had a blast with episode 6.  I was worried this would be one of the slower episodes but it ended up being one of the best this season.

I have to wait to see it, when I get it on the digital Amazon deal, which is usually 1 am x.x.

• 5 weeks later...