Samurai Jack: Season 5 Episode 6

Jedi

So we've been hearing of this new Season of Samurai Jack (Season 5), which is going to be on Adult Swim. It promises a bit more grit and such, and heres the trailer 

As a huge fan of Samurai Jack, I literally can't wait for this, its one of my all time favorite cartoons, and to see more to it, even with a more adult tone. Is really great to me, lets see how this ends together. 

Edited by Jedi

Jack is back, huh?  Way to rip off Metal Gear Rising!

All jokes aside, it looks pretty good despite me having never watched Samurai Jack before.

8 minutes ago, Refa said:

All jokes aside, it looks pretty good despite me having never watched Samurai Jack before.

i agree with this, both it looking pretty good and the mention of metal gear rising

mostly the latter

1 hour ago, Refa said:

You might want to give it a watch sometime, if you have the time to kill, its honestly my favorite series in regards to Western Animation. 

I'm just glad they're continuing the story off from the movie? I can't wait for this Saturday. Samurai Jack was one of my faves!

Hopefully a series like this will gradually chisel the cement off Western adult animation & encourage more mature action cartoons.

If I recall, this isn't going to be a super long revival, but its going to finish off the storyline we've wanted complete for so long.

Looks like its going to be with a bang too.

30 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You might want to give it a watch sometime, if you have the time to kill, its honestly my favorite series in regards to Western Animation. 

Any particular reason?  I know very little about it honestly.

16 minutes ago, Refa said:

Any particular reason?  I know very little about it honestly.

I remember the concept alone catching my attention when I was a kid, Jack is a Samurai (duh) who gets flung into the future after the villain, Aku takes over the world, Jack (who was nameless), was training to defeat him for several years training with the likes of Robin Hood, The Egyptians, African Tribes, Monks, Vikings, and all sorts of other cool people. 

Its a very interesting series, Jack & Aku are both very likable, the show while aimed at a younger audience, wasn't afraid of being a tad dark at times, and of course really silly at others, but theres quite a bit of lore, tons of mythology, and such thrown into a blender while the world itself is Aku's hellish future.

The fight scenes are spectacular, usually very unique even in just visuals, theres actually a fight where Jack & a Ninja fight each other. Which is done in a very interesting way 

Theres all kinds of interesting, things I could bring up. also something else, theres episodes that are entirely silent and told with the visuals and sound alone, but then you could have an episode where Jack talks A LOT. 

The original opening even goes a bit into the basics of the show too so I'll link that as well 

I could be telling this a lot better, but I'd hate to make my post eons long haha

Edited by Jedi

16 minutes ago, Raumata said:

I'm so happy about this! I was wondering whether or not something new was coming.

Yeah after all those years of hearing of that film behind the scenes only for it to be canceled was depressing, but then THIS came around.

I might do, what I was thinking about doing with Dragon Ball Super, but got demotivated to do (because so many other people on youtube did it) and do like Samurai Jack Season 5 episode overview stuff etc.

I know I'm a little late for the hype but:

YES YES YES!

Samurai Jack was one of my favourite CN shows and one of the earliest ones I used to watch as a kid. So I'm definitely going to see the new season.

Also Jack uses guns! Great!

Edited by Flee Fleet!

5 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I know I'm a little late for the hype but:

YES YES YES!

Samurai Jack was one of my favourite CN shows and one of the earliest ones I used to watch as a kid. So I'm definitely going to see the new season.

Also Jack uses guns! Great!

Its all he needed was even more weapon knowledge hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 2:43 AM, Jedi said:

Bumping because we got a new bit of footage 

At the beginning and another part, I dunno why, I feel like CG or CGI (am I using the correct words?), or you could say they look more 3D. You get the gist.

I hope Season 5 mainly remains "2D", if you know what I mean dear God I'm bad at structuring sentences

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 7:34 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

At the beginning and another part, I dunno why, I feel like CG or CGI (am I using the correct words?), or you could say they look more 3D. You get the gist.

I hope Season 5 mainly remains "2D", if you know what I mean dear God I'm bad at structuring sentences

It looks like it'll keep its general look and feel and maybe have some more of that digital stuff. 

Also for those who haven't seen Samurai Jack like @Refa 

This is a pretty good video, and does a much better explanation of why fans like myself love it so much, than I could.

Bump.

So the First episode aired and it was BACK TO FORM. 

Jack is basically suffering PTSD, and he has to deal with one of the most amusing of Aku's minions yet, who uses music to attack him. All while the Daughters of Aku (the group of assassins in the Trailer) are shown training, to prepare for Jack, kind of a call back to Jack training for Aku in Episode I.

Adult Swim is rerunning it here http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

That wasn't ptsd.  The antlered horseman appears each time a hallucination happens. 

Maybe PTSD isn't the right word, but its what I thought of haha.

I got the impression that the Horseman is representing what he's become since losing the sword, but I may be looking too deeply into that.