Question about the dub

This game actually looked interesting, but i decided against it since there was no English dub. My question is, can we turn off the voices all together and just have the text boxes? If I can't understand the language, then the voices just distract me. (As you can tell I've never been one to watch the subs of anime). 

Also, what do you guys think of this game? Do you recommend it? To my understanding it's very little of Fire Emblem but the RPG aspect of the game still looks like it could be fun. 

Yes, you can turn off the Japanese voicework. But give the songs a listen, at least. They're excellent.

The game has the weapon triangle, but that's about it from Fire Emblem in regards to gameplay mechanics. It's best to consider the game as an Atlus turn-based JRPG featuring Fire Emblem characters. As a game, it's pretty good; the amazing turn-based combat system is incredibly engaging and satisfying. It's one of the Wii U's hidden gems, and it might be the one that shines brightest.

I totally recommend it, it is by far my most favorite Wii U game nowadays, if not forever. Its gameplay is engaging, has a lot of appealing content like characterization, dialogue, sidequests, plus the interaction between the characters in the cast is quite refreshing. The dungeons show a lot of creativity as all put the player to progress through them differently. The songs are stellar and are one of the strongest point of the game, if you enjoy it, that is.

Oh hey, I missed this!  I'd definitely recommend it!  The game is perfectly playable without the voices, and if the songs get on your nerves, you can skip them (though I'd watch each one at least once, because there's some really neat gems in there).  My favorite part, hands down, is the gameplay itself.

Yeah, you can turn it off. Makes the experience plenty playable if you're not a fan of sub only. It almost feels like playing one of those older un-voice acted RPGs with a box of glitter dumped on it's art direction.

Well I know some people don't like subs but I think this game would have been very hard to find seven voice actors who could sing the songs.  The music is pretty good I have the song "Black Rain" as my ringtone since I like it a lot.  The gameplay is really good and it is typical Atlus but it does have some fun FE things thrown in and even though the playable characters and enemies are Awakening and Shadow Dragon/New Mystery there are other things in game that reference other FE games.  I really like the game and I like that it is different form most of the games I play.

Edited by EricaofRenais

9 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well I know some people don't like subs but I think this game would have been very hard to find seven voice actors who could sing the songs.  The music is pretty good I have the song "Black Rain" as my ringtone since I like it a lot.  The gameplay is really good and it is typical Atlus but it does have some fun FE things thrown in and even though the playable characters and enemies are Awakening and Shadow Dragon/New Mystery there are other things in game that reference other FE games.  I really like the game and I like that it is different form most of the games I play.

Yashiro has some awesome songs! "Under the Moon" is my favorite of all, among the songs in the game.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Yashiro has some awesome songs! "Under the Moon" is my favorite of all, among the songs in the game.

Yeah I like all the songs from the game, especially the ones Yashiro does.