playing through this game - skill build suggestions?

not sure what my final line-up will look like but probably using titania, oscar, boyd, soren, gatrie, mia, mist rolf, marcia, neph, and jill

can anyone suggest skill builds for them? so far thinking of luna for gatrie, wrath/vantage for mia, wrath/adept for neph, and sol for  oscar/titania. 

i'll probably just go with aether for ike so that wrath and resolve can be saved by others, and p sure black knight can be defeated without luck as long as his str is maxed? 

obviously the game is really easy without skills, but i want to optimize for fun.  i'm open to ideas that contradict what i had listed here, nothing is set in stone.  

Edited by Radiant head

Soren is ridiculous with the Vantage skill, since he already has adept. With a max might and crit Thunder forge, he has a really high chance (45-50% with max skill) to kill anything before they even attack him.

You want to have wrath and resolve on the same unit. Either give them both to 1 unit or give Nephenee the resolve scroll and Tauroneo the wrath scroll. Or another character can get wrath if you don't like Tauroneo. Wrath + Resolve is the best skill combo in the game.

Edited by Hawk King

• I prefer wrath + vantage for Neph because Mia might not oneshot everyone with a crit. (even if Neph's HP is harder to bring down to wrath zone) Also Ike wants wrath in chapter 27, at the latest in the final chapter.
  • I always give vantage + cancel to Mia to try preventing any taken damage since her defense isn't the best.
  • I think sol is the best master skill behind aether in this game so I always give occult to Oscar and Kieran.
  • Counter is recommended on Boyd because he's one of the more fragile front units and could do quite nice counterdamage.
  • Vantage + adept + forged tome for Soren works quite well too.
  • Smite to a laguz or Boyd.
  • Corrosion on someone who has capacity left.
  • Savior on Jill or Marcia.
  • Nihil on Ike just because of chapter 27.

10 hours ago, Eleanor Hume said:
  • I prefer wrath + vantage for Neph because Mia might not oneshot everyone with a crit. (even if Neph's HP is harder to bring down to wrath zone) Also Ike wants wrath in chapter 27, at the latest in the final chapter.
  • I always give vantage + cancel to Mia to try preventing any taken damage since her defense isn't the best.
  • I think sol is the best master skill behind aether in this game so I always give occult to Oscar and Kieran.
  • Counter is recommended on Boyd because he's one of the more fragile front units and could do quite nice counterdamage.
  • Vantage + adept + forged tome for Soren works quite well too.
  • Smite to a laguz or Boyd.
  • Corrosion on someone who has capacity left.
  • Savior on Jill or Marcia.
  • Nihil on Ike just because of chapter 27.

I really don't see the purpose of saving Wrath for Ike when I could get more mileage from someone who isn't sword-locked. Ditto for Nihil, which is pretty much useless. Counter on Boyd sounds good on paper, but it's not very reliable.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

35 minutes ago, Eleanor Hume said:

Sure, he doesn't need wrath, if you want to beat BK and especially Berserk Assnard on the hard way.

As I see it, it's pretty questionable to argue for Ike getting Wrath just for two enemies in the game, one of whom is only relevant on the hardest difficulty, and the other is still stupidly luck-based.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

14 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Soren is ridiculous with the Vantage skill, since he already has adept. With a max might and crit Thunder forge, he has a really high chance (45-50% with max skill) to kill anything before they even attack him.

Edit: My bad. I was thinking in RD terms for some reason.

Edited by DLuna