Ice Dragon's stats research: Stats, calculations, and whatnot

Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

...You know Odin already has that combo, right?

Scratch my stupidity. I thought he had Spur Atk for some reason. Thanks for smacking sense back into me~!

*Edit

DEATH BLOW is what I was thinking of. I have no idea what the heck was going on in my head but I know nobody has Deathblow w/ #Blade.

Edited by Elieson
Finally started making sense

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Scratch my stupidity. I thought he had Spur Atk for some reason. Thanks for smacking sense back into me~!

Defiant also just gives you a buff completely visible in the stats UI with the green up arrow next to the unit on the map, if that's any indication.

Are there one unit that cannot beat their Perfect Boon/Bane counterpart?

So far... all B/B have been an equal battle ... provided you attack first or play defensively.

11 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Are there one unit that cannot beat their Perfect Boon/Bane counterpart?

So far... all B/B have been an equal battle ... provided you attack first or play defensively.

For one, a negative Spd nature is a minimum of 6 Spd less than a positive Spd nature, meaning you're taking two hits instead of one.

Other than that, mirror matches are typically winnable for either side provided you pay attention to who needs to strike when to win the duel.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For one, a negative Spd nature is a minimum of 6 Spd less than a positive Spd nature, meaning you're taking two hits instead of one.

Other than that, mirror matches are typically winnable for either side provided you pay attention to who needs to strike when to win the duel.

In short -5spd is almost always the worst one. Unless you are the slowest fighters... chances are facing your counterpart (+spd) is very rare/

Updated OP with double attack mechanics. Others have apparently confirmed that if a unit both always double attacks and is prevented from double attacking, the unit will use the normal Spd-based calculation to determine whether it double attacks.

I have a test case I want to try at some point to confirm if Wary Fighter overrides forced double attacks when both are equipped on the same character (Hector is the only possible character) or if it negates forced double attacks and reverts to normal Spd-based calculation.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Updated OP with double attack mechanics. Others have apparently confirmed that if a unit both always double attacks and is prevented from double attacking, the unit will use the normal Spd-based calculation to determine whether it double attacks.

I have a test case I want to try at some point to confirm if Wary Fighter overrides forced double attacks when both are equipped on the same character (Hector is the only possible character) or if it negates forced double attacks and reverts to normal Spd-based calculation.

if you want i can put wary fighter on my hector and try it out?

3 minutes ago, Shiro said:

if you want i can put wary fighter on my hector and try it out?

I have a bunch of Effies and several Hectors. I'll manage if you don't want to. (Just busy trying to get more copies of Ninian at the moment.)

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I have a bunch of Effies and several Hectors. I'll manage if you don't want to. (Just busy trying to get more copies of Ninian at the moment.)

ah alright good luck! i only managed to pull three as i was mostly pulling colorless trying to get a higher merged jaffar. i only managed to get a bunch of healers which was a pain.

I've noticed the stat difference of a level 40 4 star character compared to a 5 star version of the same one at the same level is different by at least 7-8 points, has anyone else seen anything suggesting that the growth rates improve the higher a character's rarity, almost in a way similar to the way boons and banes work on stats? 

Ah, thanks! It's good to know rarity contributes a bit more across levels.

Also I noticed all units gained as rewards through hero battles, and now quest rewards as well, are guaranteed to be neutral with regards to boons/banes

hope that little bit of info helps in the long run.

@Ice Dragon

Not sure if I asked, but do you mind if I used your data on the SF website? Of course, I'm assuming you want more people to see the information, but just asking to be polite ^^

Also, if you need them, I have the 2* stats for Raigh, Draug, Donnel and Hana. In case you sent them home and you're too lazy to reroll etc.

I don't think I have the luck or money to help elsewhere XD

Although if there are any Lv 40 units you need help scouting in the Arena, do let us know. I'm guessing it's mostly the newer heroes.

@Ice Dragon I don't know if this serves as test but at one time I used Klein triggering Glacies and its damage was boosted by a Spur Res (the added dmg was higher than when base res was considered). Maybe Draconic Aura and Fang get boosted by Spur.

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

@Ice Dragon

Not sure if I asked, but do you mind if I used your data on the SF website? Of course, I'm assuming you want more people to see the information, but just asking to be polite ^^

Also, if you need them, I have the 2* stats for Raigh, Draug, Donnel and Hana. In case you sent them home and you're too lazy to reroll etc.

I don't think I have the luck or money to help elsewhere XD

Although if there are any Lv 40 units you need help scouting in the Arena, do let us know. I'm guessing it's mostly the newer heroes.

Go ahead. Anything to help keep the player base in the know. Some people just want to see the world learn.

I do believe I do need 1-star and 2-star stats for quite a few characters (anything missing on my spreadsheet, really). I sent them home (except Draug, who I haven't recruited yet from the mission reward) before I started taking data, and we aren't able to re-recruit them from the daily hero battles. If you have them in screenshot form, that would be most appreciated (to reduce the probability of clerical errors).

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Ice Dragon I don't know if this serves as test but at one time I used Klein triggering Glacies and its damage was boosted by a Spur Res (the added dmg was higher than when base res was considered). Maybe Draconic Aura and Fang get boosted by Spur.

I've already tested Julia's Dragon Fang with Lucina's Spur Atk and it is affected.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Draug's 2* stats:

Much thanks.

I just realized while updating my spreadsheet... I technically know the base stats of every 2-star and 1-star as long as I know what their 4-star and 5-star (or 3-star) base stats are (because a 2-star's stats are exactly 1 point lower in each stat compared to a 4-star, same situation with 1-stars).

However, confirmation that this is correct is always reassuring (and to make sure I didn't make any clerical errors on my end like the ones I found when comparing level 40 stats with wiki's table).

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Go ahead. Anything to help keep the player base in the know. Some people just want to see the world learn.

I do believe I do need 1-star and 2-star stats for quite a few characters (anything missing on my spreadsheet, really). I sent them home (except Draug, who I haven't recruited yet from the mission reward) before I started taking data, and we aren't able to re-recruit them from the daily hero battles. If you have them in screenshot form, that would be most appreciated (to reduce the probability of clerical errors).

Awesome!

Here ya go

I ended up tossing 1 star Hana early on, haha.

@Shiro Skills that prevent doubles and skills that force doubles combine to do nothing for the character in question. That is, Hector would get to double if he out speeds, but the opponent can't even if they outspeed. (Similarity, the opponent gets to double if they have Axebreaker and outspeeds. This is assuming Wary is on Hector, of course, given that Wary is a B skill, and so is Axe Breaker, Brash Assault etc.)

Just now, DehNutCase said:

@Shiro Skills that prevent doubles and skills that force doubles combine to do nothing for the character in question. That is, Hector would get to double if he out speeds, but the opponent can't even if they outspeed. (Similarity, the opponent gets to double if they have Axebreaker and outspeeds. This is assuming Wary is on Hector, of course, given that Wary is a B skill, and so is Axe Breaker, Brash Assault etc.)

so would you suggest wary fighter on hector in that case? mainly because he gets doubled by the likes of julia and some other green mage users that can one shot him?

7 minutes ago, Shiro said:

@Ice Dragon

So did you find out whether wary fighter works with hector or not? does he still proc his weapon skill?

Haven't tested yet. I've been too busy running simulations on my mass-match-up calculator to figure out which copy of [insert character name here] to use.

Probably going to test tonight because I've at least picked which Eliwood I want to work on for my cavalry mission team.

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

so would you suggest wary fighter on hector in that case? mainly because he gets doubled by the likes of julia and some other green mage users that can one shot him?

If my guess is correct, Wary Fighter with Armads would prevent Armads's Quick Riposte from activating unless the opponent is slow enough to be double attacked normally, which still defeats the point.

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

If you're only worried about green mages, wouldn't G-Tomebreaker be better?

If Hector would be doubled without Wary, it means that he can't double with Wary, since the opponent is the one that outspeeds.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

@Ice Dragon

So did you find out whether wary fighter works with hector or not? does he still proc his weapon skill?

Skill description of Wary Fighter: "Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes"

I'm fairly certain that Wary Fighter on Hector would also negate Armads' inherent Quick Riposte. 

55 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Skill description of Wary Fighter: "Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes"

I'm fairly certain that Wary Fighter on Hector would also negate Armads' inherent Quick Riposte. 

An opponent's Quick Riposte or Brash Assault both is negated by and negates Wary Fighter's effect on the opponent. There's no reason your own Quick Riposte or Brash Assault should not both be negated by and negate Wary Fighter's effect on yourself.