Characters that make sense for FE Warriors

Harvey

Honestly? Gharnef. For when you want to have fun in true Warriors fashion without any worries. Hardin in his Dank Emperor getup can serve a similar function but with a different style of play.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given how Hyrule Warriors put Agitha from Twilight Princess on the roster, any character in Fire Emblem would 'make sense'..though I do think popularity will make a big difference, so I could definitely see characters like Tharja, Camilla, Cordelia, Lucina, Roy, Lyn, Hector, and Ike making appearances..possibly with some others being alternate skins, such as Eliwood for Roy or Sumia for Cordelia similar to how Zelda has a costume based on Ilia from Twilight Princess in Hyrule Warriors.

Edited by Deva Ashera
Auto corrected Cordelia to Cordele

The way i see it any character that was in Smash is very likely to make it into the game. I feel KT would look to there for a lot of inspiration with the likes of Marth, Roy and Ike. We know Marth and Corrin are 100% in. Roy and Ike I put at like 90%. Robin at maybe 60%. Lucina is the big question as her similarities to Marth in Smash and Chrom in Awakening mean it'll be hard to really come up with something completely original for her. Despite not really being on my want list shes probably too popular for KT to ignore. Maybe DLC? She'll be like Young Link? Similar playstyle to Chrom with a special mechanic unique to herself?

2 minutes ago, LodestarRoy said:

The way i see it any character that was in Smash is very likely to make it into the game. I feel KT would look to there for a lot of inspiration with the likes of Marth, Roy and Ike. We know Marth and Corrin are 100% in. Roy and Ike I put at like 90%. Robin at maybe 60%. Lucina is the big question as her similarities to Marth in Smash and Chrom in Awakening mean it'll be hard to really come up with something completely original for her. Despite not really being on my want list shes probably too popular for KT to ignore. Maybe DLC? She'll be like Young Link? Similar playstyle to Chrom with a special mechanic unique to herself?

Or she can just do what they did for her in Project X Zone 2. Video should be linked right to her and Chroms moveset.

2 minutes ago, LodestarRoy said:

I'd probably say that Marth and Corrin are 100%, Robin is 100%, Lucina is 100% (they don't necessarily need to look at Smash for this game, though I'd say she could get in as a mixture between Marth and Chrom).

I do not think Ike and Roy are guaranteed for the game, but as DLC characters with DLC content based around them, they're practically shoe-ins, which would also guarantee them promotion to base game status for any expansions and sequels as well.

18 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Or she can just do what they did for her in Project X Zone 2. Video should be linked right to her and Chroms moveset.

I honestly completely forgot that Project Zone was a thing. I could see a character changing classes mid fight being a really interesting mechanic though. I actually had a similar idea. Not with Lucina though but with Donnel. Also i had no idea they gave her the bride dress in that game. They literally made her "The Waifu."

Spitballing now. Just think. He starts as his usual villager self. After downing enough enemies his special gauge fills. Spending the gauge causes him to promote into either a mercenary or fighter. It lets you pick so if they implement something with the weapon triangle you can decide which weapon he gets access to and fit whats needed. After fighting a bit more and filling the gauge a second time he's premotes to a final class. You get to choose again and he get access to all the weapons that class would use. For example: hero would give him both swords and axes or warrior gives him axes and bows.

3 hours ago, LodestarRoy said:

Honestly, considering how Tecmo Koei managed to make Link & Toon Link play very differently from one another despite still having them use the exact same (base) weapon, I think they could make Lucina different from both Chrom & Marth without too much difficulty. I bet Marth & Ike will have references to their Smash movesets though, same with Robin & Corrin.

Obvious ones, such as Ike, Elincia, Marth, Corrin, etc., have already been mentioned, so I'll list some less obvious (AKA non-lord) ones that make sense:

Caineghis/Tibarn/Naesala/Kurthnaga/Nasir.

Validar/Lyon/Gharnef/...any dark mage manipulator villain of this sort really (and yes, Lehran/Sephiran is in this list)/Julius from Genealogy.

Soren/Merric (wind magic has a lot of potential for Warriors: blowing enemies every which way, sucking enemies into tornadoes, etc.).

Titania/Cain/Abel/Oscar/... Popular cavalry units (though Eliwood could easily be picked to fill this spot; this list is about non-lords).

Kaze/Saizo/Volke/Sothe/Matthew (maybe ninjas should be placed separately... oh well; they're similar enough in this case).

Boyd/Barst

Minerva/Camilla/Haar/Jill/... (popular Wyvern riders; there are no lords for these, so it would have to be one of these or an enemy).

Story Mode Enemies Only:

Medeus/Grima/Anankos/... (Every monstrous final boss... and Ashera).

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some characters that I would love to see in Warriors, but also characters that would make a great addition. I will be ignoring protagonists as I'm sure that many lords from a variety of games will make the cut.

Hawkeye (Can't you picture this guy waltzing onto the battlefield with his Arnold Schwarsneggar Physique, giant axe and acting like he owns the place?)

Skrimir (Oh man! Imagine this guy walking onto the battlefield, roaring and then he starts using a combination of punches, kicks and shifted attacks).

Volug and Keaton but especially Volug.

Ogma (he's the original Ogma.)

Kurthnagga

Archsage Athos

Canais

King Ashnard (Oh man I want to play as this guy so bad! Visually he is probably one of the best villains, he rides a dragon for crying out loud! How are you going to beat that?)

The Black Knight.

Aran the soldier

Brom or Tauroneo

Lyon

Jarod

Meadeus the Shadow Dragon

King Degneasus 

Boyd

Harr or Heath

Jill, Vaida, or Princess Minerva 

Titania, Oscar, Kierin, Renning, Silas, Geoffrey and pretty much every paladin, gold knight, silver knight and great knight in the series.

Shinon

Rath

Edward ('cause he's the best swordmaster except for Stefen or Navaar) 

Ok I need to stop, I was trying to include a couple characters from every class as well as some awesome villains/bosses. You get the idea, I will add though that I would like to see every weapon in the series included especially legendary weapons and almost legendary weapons.

To add to the pot, I think we can expect one dancer to make it into the game. Koei likes having an unconventional moveset for a pretty/flashy female character.

I'd say Olivia has the best chance getting in, since she's the most well known dancer in the series. However, I think Feena, the ORIGINAL dancer, also stands a good chance. I also think Ninian has a solid chance as well, because she was the most plot-relevant dancer in the series (but she didn't fight in her game though, so they can get creative with her moveset). Sylvia has a decent chance, if they wanted a comic relief character, she'd perform that function really well (Ever seen a little girl with THESE before?)

The other girls, not as high unfortunately. Which is a shame, because I'd love Laylea to be the "Replacement" Representative along with Hawk or something. Lene was pretty interesting too. Lara had a nice little character arc, but she's from the forgotten middle child of the series, Thracia 776, so I'd be surprised if ANY character from that game that wasn't in FE4 too has a small chance. Lalum and Tethys aren't popular (which is a shame, because Tethys was one of the more interesting characters from FE8. I think people didn't like how she looked a little bit on the older side).

And because they're dancers, they'll get to have interesting movesets. I hope they're not given swords though, as this can be a game where the dancer can be given a "fun" weapon so they can have a cool, flashy moveset. Here's a few examples of what they could be like.

From left to right, top to bottom: Diao Chan uses whips (Dynasty Warriors) , Maya uses fans (Dragon Quest Warriors), and Koshosho uses a "celestial robe" aka freaking scarf. It's pretty fun to play as her though. (Samurai Warriors)

Spoiler

300px-Diao-Chan-DW6-Model1.pnglatest?cb=2014102818034410013856_10152017911026169_1334681564_n_

I can definitely see any of the dancers with Koshosho's moveset, since all of the dancers have that scarf/sash thing in their animations. Here's a video of reference:

I can also see Sylvia with the dual fans like Maya because I think it'll match her personality, meanwhile Lene/Laylea would wield the individual fan like Xiao Qiao from Dynasty Warriors.

If anyone has any questions about more unusual weapons and movesets from the Warriors games, Iet me know.

Heh, no love for Diao Chan's DW8 Outfit?

On 27/02/2017 at 9:08 AM, Dandy Druid said:

To add to the pot, I think we can expect one dancer to make it into the game. Koei likes having an unconventional moveset for a pretty/flashy female character.

This is true. I also think we have a high chance to see Feena and while I would love to see Ninian in FEW I don't think she'll make it.

You didn't mention Aqua/Azura. And I think it's pretty safe to assume that she will get a spot.

9 minutes ago, Kobitohime said:

I'm don't know much about these kind of game, could you tell me which warrior game have archers? none of the one I played have them.

Mostly every single DW/SW has playable archers. Most notably: Inahime in Samurai Warriors 2, and Huang Zhong in Dynasty Warriors
EDIT:...Actually, I'm not sure about DW2, lol

Curious; Did you play a spin off like Hyrule, One Piece, or Gundam or...?

Edited by Soledai

1 hour ago, Soledai said:

Mostly every single DW/SW has playable archers. Most notably: Inahime in Samurai Warriors 2, and Huang Zhong in Dynasty Warriors
EDIT:...Actually, I'm not sure about DW2, lol

Curious; Did you play a spin off like Hyrule, One Piece, or Gundam or...?

meh I didn't consider a girl who use her bow like a spear as an archer character, didn't know about Huang Zhong, he look really good tho, any other character like him?

5 minutes ago, Kobitohime said:

meh I didn't consider a girl who use her bow like a spear as an archer character, didn't know about Huang Zhong, he look really good tho, any other character like him?

Really? I thought of it as a sword/bow. You don't consider swordbows an archer-type? They're all the rage in the streets

More Dynasty Warriors, there's Xiahou Yuan with his Bow/Rod, but if you don't consider Ina an archer, you probably won't count him either, and then there's Zhu Ran, who came about in DW8 Xtreme Legends... I like his style, but it took some getting used to, though opinions on him are varied.

Hmm, I can't speak for the spin-offs since I haven't played many of those; I only know of Farangis in Arslan Musou... though I only played the demo, which didn't feature her.

10 hours ago, Kobitohime said:

Xiahou Yuan, Motonari, DW6 Sun Shang Xiang, Linkle in HW. 

Theres some others too.

20 hours ago, Ycine said:

Heh, no love for Diao Chan's DW8 Outfit?

This is true. I also think we have a high chance to see Feena and while I would love to see Ninian in FEW I don't think she'll make it.

You didn't mention Aqua/Azura. And I think it's pretty safe to assume that she will get a spot.

Because Aqua is technically a songstress, not a dancer. I really hope she doesn't take up the dancer spot, because quite frankly, I don't think the flashy moveset would match her character. I see her moveset being more like Cai Wenji from the Dynasty Warriors series (she wields a magic harp- it's beautiful and flashy in its own way, but it's not high energy as the movesets I made in my first post.)

Yeah it could be Feena, especially since her growths made her almost on par with Navarre and Ogma. 

9 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I see her moveset being more like Cai Wenji

I personally think she'll be something more like Zhenji. But that's if she gets in the game of course.

On 28/02/2017 at 4:00 PM, Kobitohime said:

If you don't mind some crossbow action there is Lianshi with her... well, crossbow.

14 hours ago, Soledai said:

Did I forget Motonari? I definitely forgot Motonari. he should be more memorable and relevant :v

They make him so low-key most players forget he exists lmao.

10 hours ago, Ycine said:

If you don't mind some crossbow action there is Lianshi with her... well, crossbow.

Of course, now she has "Mandarin Duck Hooks" and the crossbow is left by the wayside.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

They make him so low-key most players forget he exists lmao.

At least he's memorable in WO3U, if only for the ridiculousness that is his aerial type action + a moderately high level osmosis attribute on his weapon.

Anyways, I can't see them leaving an armor knight out of the base roster and the only one that really has relevance is Draug. I wouldn't mind him using both a lance and axe in his moveset. Really, I just want to see more of the confirmed characters before making any archetype wishes-- desperately hoping we get something between now and the pre-E3 period.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Anyways, I can't see them leaving an armor knight out of the base roster and the only one that really has relevance is Draug. I wouldn't mind him using both a lance and axe in his moveset. Really, I just want to see more of the confirmed characters before making any archetype wishes-- desperately hoping we get something between now and the pre-E3 period.

I can hope for Sheema or Oswin :P: but really I want a GBA general in particular so they can use the springloaded weapons.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I can hope for Sheema or Oswin :P: but really I want a GBA general in particular so they can use the springloaded weapons.

Ah, the chains. It always seemed uncharacteristically brutal for the series to see a lance just get embedded in somebody and yanked back out. Of course, disjointed hitboxes are alive and well in the Musou franchise, so unless they were ludicrously slow I think knights would be a bit too good with power, defense, and range on their side.

1 hour ago, Bandido Banderas said:

Basilio. Hell, his starting class is Warrior! How can you get any more Warriors than that?

So, Fire Emblem's roster representation in Smash is wrong?

None of them are 'Fighters', they're typically Lords!

Boy... I can't wait to play as Vaike and Charlotte in Smash 5...

Actually, now I want supports between those two. It'd be hilarious.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

"Target acquired. Eliminating!" I can see myself yelling as I target a key officer from 6 miles away and destroy the Gate he was guarding instead. I do love those animations though, enough to agree anyway.

Edited by Light Strategist