[Mods, delete this thread, please]

I honestly love the shake up to the usual gameplay elements and the new artstyle and despite entering the series quite late prefer the older fe character designs more - especially when it comes to the female units. Like I don't know what happened with fates but all that fanservice and being too similar to awakening just made me uninterested in the games (luckily Code name steam was able to fill my IS strategy void). But with this re-imagining and heroes, IS has officially pulled me into the fe obsession again and I will definitely buy it and hope for future remakes as well. There's something about the older FEs that's just more fascinating to me - hopefully we get to Tellius remake eventually haha. 

For me what's attractive about the series is the gameplay and characters and how their story intertwines with the actions on the battlefield. Support conversations was a huge surprise when I played SS (first fe) and thought it was a very innovative way to add narrative and characterisation in an rpg game based on chess. So hopefully SoV will have that as well.   

Also I'd like to mention that this video is very well made.:Eirika: 

On the comment about magic seemingly not costing HP anymore, it's still possible. It might just not display on the top screen that damage was taken, but it will on the bottom with the HP reducing and potentially a note on how much the spell costs to use.

Edited by Konnor97

42 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

On the comment about magic seemingly not costing HP anymore, it's still possible. It might just not display on the top screen that damage was taken, but it will on the bottom with the HP reducing and potentially a note on how much the spell costs to use.

Heck, we don't even know that much; for all we know, the health is deducted at the start of the casting animation and we only saw the end of one in the trailer.

I think we're correct on all of the character names and artwork so far. It's weird how they didn't release the names with the artwork, but maybe they really wanted fans to guess who's who. 

I'm expecting a lot more New Look, Who Dis? moments.

20 minutes ago, Stedar said:

Considering it's coming out so soon I wonder when we'll get more info/ another trailer

I talked about how weird the marketing was in another thread recently and a lot of people are assuming it'll be like Fates where a whole bunch of information was released the month before it came out. I'm not sure if I can wait til March. I need MORE.

6 hours ago, Stedar said:

Actually, unfortunately for the accuracy of my video, we just got some new screenshot leaks and it appears the HP cost IS returning.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Shadows-of-Valentia-1175211.html#Gallery

I saw that.
Also, quick tip: don't double post. That counts as spamming.

10 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I saw that.
Also, quick tip: don't double post. That counts as spamming.

Doesn't in this case count more as a bumping post rather than double posting considering it have gone more than 24 hours between the two?

17 hours ago, Stedar said:

Actually, unfortunately for the accuracy of my video, we just got some new screenshot leaks and it appears the HP cost IS returning.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Shadows-of-Valentia-1175211.html#Gallery

Interesting since one could assume then most of the main mechanics from Gaiden is returning.

I don't have a problem with there not being any weapon triangle because from what I've heard it wasn't in the original For that same reason I will be very happy if it does turn out that there is no avatar, marriage system, kids or supports. I wouldn't mind GBA style of supports though, but what bothers about supports is that we have more of them but they all run with a theme with either no change up or very little. For example Charlotte is a flirt, I found her character funny but would have appreciated more backstory or insight to other aspects of her character. I find it interesting that in this game the minimum amount of damage one recieves is 1 and only 1, as well as magic costing HP, I'm looking forward to seeing these mechanics in action, and seeing what the Dread Fighter was like in Gaiden and the 3 tier class system. As from what I've heard this game introduced both of those concepts. I love how the knight and soldier classes look though, these classes always seemed a little off in design in Awakening and Fates, to me anyway. I'm very excited for this will be interesting to see how well it is recieved, I'm hoping that it has a great reception.

Stedar, Thanks for the video you did. I think if the Fates/Awakening fans enjoy FE for the gameplay such as the battles, characters, units and strategy elements I think they will at least be willing to give Echoes a try. If on the other hand they like these game primarily because of the avatar, an emphasis on the marriage system and children units then I do not see them enjoying Echoes. Which is why I don't care for Fates/Awakening as much as the strategy aspect feels watered down to me, breakable weapons are removed, there's too much emphasis on supports making it a relationship simulator instead of a strategy game, and the game feels built around concepts such as grinding, second sealing, aspects that I would expect to see in a life simulator game like collecting ore, gathering food and feeding Lilith. Maybe this is why I've taken to playing some of the oldest games in FE's history online as it makes me appreciate the strategy aspects so much more, I tried to find Gaiden as I thought it would be fun to see what the original was like before Echoes is released. Sadly I couldn't, on the concept of grinding though, I don't dislike the concept of grinding but liked it better when it was done through the arena on select maps, Bonus EXP, and the Tower of Monsters, how grinding was implemented felt a lot more natural to me, how it's implemented now feels out of place to me.

4 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Stedar, Thanks for the video you did. I think if the Fates/Awakening fans enjoy FE for the gameplay such as the battles, characters, units and strategy elements I think they will at least be willing to give Echoes a try. If on the other hand they like these game primarily because of the avatar, an emphasis on the marriage system and children units then I do not see them enjoying Echoes. Which is why I don't care for Fates/Awakening as much as the strategy aspect feels watered down to me, breakable weapons are removed, there's too much emphasis on supports making it a relationship simulator instead of a strategy game, and the game feels built around concepts such as grinding, second sealing, aspects that I would expect to see in a life simulator game like collecting ore, gathering food and feeding Lilith. Maybe this is why I've taken to playing some of the oldest games in FE's history online as it makes me appreciate the strategy aspects so much more, I tried to find Gaiden as I thought it would be fun to see what the original was like before Echoes is released. Sadly I couldn't, on the concept of grinding though, I don't dislike the concept of grinding but liked it better when it was done through the arena on select maps, Bonus EXP, and the Tower of Monsters, how grinding was implemented felt a lot more natural to me, how it's implemented now feels out of place to me.

Gaiden was also the first game to feature unbreakable weapons, just so you aren't expecting weapons to break again. 

1 hour ago, Stedar said:

Good to know. I do miss breakable weapons (on the one hand.. on the other I appreciate not having legendary / rare weapons break).

Pretty sure I recall the fact that people kept on never using rare and legendary weapons was one of main reasons they removed it for fates.

1 hour ago, Stedar said:

In that case hopefully they keep that in mind for the future. I don't care about breaking weapons you can get replacements of, but extremely rare ones, no please. Glad to see we won't have to worry about this in Echoes.

I feel like that would be the easiest route? Just make rare and legendary items unbrrakable, and make bronze, iron, etc. breakable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, Stedar said:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I'm honestly a little worried about how the reception will be with this game. I feel like a lot of the players that started with Awakening and Fates will find that it's not fanservice-y enough for them or won't like the potential lack of the Avatar character. Aside from that, overall, I'm just hoping that this doesn't become Shadow Dragon 2.0 (For instance if it's too outdated or the story has no new interesting beats and twists to actually add more depth.. NES games weren't exactly heavy on actual story). I personally love Shadow Dragon but I understand its issues and why it didn't do well. I just want the success of Fire Emblem to continue!

Your profile pic is amazing. I know this has no relevancy to the video, but I needed to point it out.