EiMM: SF Warriors - Game Over, congrats to Kinumi, Gaius and Sylveon

Zkirsche

When should game start? (Multiple choice)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When should game start? (Multiple Choice)

• 17th Feb
    • 24th Feb
    • 1st March
    • 8th March
    • 15th March

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Unvote

##Vote: Rasputin

Gaius/Kinumi have no reason to lynch anyone other than me because it's a free win, and Zeonth straight-up told me that he knows he's kingmaker but doesn't want to betray Gaius et. al.

Sylv's vote on me doesn't count iirc? but if Zeonth doesn't stab it does't matter anyways

consider this my concession, gg Gaius/Kinumi/Sylv, didn't expect to make final 5 given how few people I know here but if I had networked more early on I may have been able to pull this out of my ass, so it's definitely a deserved loss

Well, that's a good enough lynch song as any, Game over.

Rasputin ended their own misery. Probably the smart move.

Dear Walrein/Pisces, you are the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. A very famous band which I have never listened to until you chose them so thank you for that their music is pretty good from what I heard. You hold the record for most number-one singles and cumulative consecutive weeks at number one for all alternative rock bands, and the winner of six grammy awards! Yet still kids these days find All Star more recognisable smh.

Each night you will hold a concert, keeping close tabs on whoever visits (giving you a self-watch). Each night you may play <song> for your fans with varying effects:

Snow (Hey oh): Anyone that visits you will be enticed to visit you again the next night for no particular reason at all. This will not stop them doing anything they wanted to do unless your last effect is activated.
Otherside: Provided someone attends your concert that night, they will mistakenly think you have died and news will spread, so your alias will be taken off the living alias list the following night and a new alias will be added the following of that of your choice. Your role will not be flipped this way and people can still target your dead alias.
Tell me Baby: You will fullcop and track everyone that visits you that night.
Can't stop won't stop: Immune to death and shotblocking that night.

If three or more people attend your concert, the party will intensify to the point where they will prefer staying than leaving and so they will not perform any other actions they had planned for that night. You can only play each song once to begin with, but after you have played all of your songs you may perform any of your previous songs again once each, before refeshing them all once again and so on and so forth.

You win when you are one of the last three people alive or eligible for victory.

Walrein the JoaT played an epic finale.

Placate... erm.. died. Yeah we'll juts go with that. Just imagine a rock fell on his head or something w/e.

Dear Zeonth/Placate, you are Betelgeuse from Re:Zero. You are the archbishop of Sloth for a witch named Satella. You are one crazy mofo, with a body so flexible people at shaft gawk and mannerisms so creepy you make shigaraki from hero academia look normal. Nonetheless you are powerful and the big final villain of Re:Zero.

Each night, you can target up to 3 seperate people by Checking if <alias> is slothful. If <alias> failed to hurt anyone that night, by not voting for whomever was lynched or attacking anyone, then you will attack alias.

You win when you are one of the last three people alive or eligible for victory.

Zeonth the ShotEnforcer should really think about getting a manicure or something.

...and that leaves our three winners:

Delusion has deluded you all into thinking he's a good guy... maybe even the host as well. Awwwww bless.... N1 deaths from here on out.

Dear Gaius/Delusion, you are Emerald Sustrai, a thief who grew up poor and homeless, needing to steal food in order to survive. This has made you rather resentful and petty, and led to you being picked up by cinder fall. Rather intimidated by Salem's upper council, your semblance is formidable and has resulted in much stress for the main characters, including throwing the mental state of Yang Xiaolong into question.

Instead of shooting someone, you can make it so that <alias1> will target <alias2> with their shot for that night, learning who they'd target (aka tracking) them in the process. Additionally, you will can use your semblance to avoid shots taken at you each night, but due to the exertion your semblance puts on you, you will only be able to avoid one shot.

Lord Gaius the Shotdirector took their earnings and wasted away as a background rwby villain, kek.

Chiffon, PINK and Gateaux all jumped for joy that it was over.

Dear Kinumi/Gâteaux , you are... a horde of Kpop fans. In what may be the silliest character for an EiMM yet, this mass of people hopes to prove to the world that Kpop is the best art form by... killing a bunch of people? Whatever, logic and sensibility can't exactly be applied here, and especially not to those who like Kpop.

Because you are a group of people, one alias does not do you justice. Between you, you have calculated that the most efficient way to do things is to split into three groups of people. Each group will have a different alias, which you should specify before game start, and be able to survive one attack each before being intimidated away. For every night and every group alive, you can Send <YourAlias> to investigate everything about <alias>, fullcopping, tracking and watching them all in a single night.

If you send all three groups at the same person, they will be roleblocked that night. You choose which group makes the kill.

You win if any of your aliases survive so that they are one of the last three alive or eligible for victory.

honq has now proven that Kpop is the most superior genre of music. Take that red hot chilli peppers!

FInally, Charlotte seductively took their crown.

Dear Sylveon/Charlotte, you are Irina Jelavic from Assassination Classroom. You are a good looking assassin sent undercover as a teacher to kill Koro Sensei. Throughout your time on this mission you construct efficient traps and plans to try and kill him. Most impressive however are your acting skills, which you generally use to seduce people before killing them.

Each night you may Seduce <alias>, causing them to target you with any active abilities that they have, excluding shots. If that alias tries to target Irina again in the next two nights, that action will fail and they will be attacked. Once harmed, they cannot be seduced again.

Sylveon can congratulate themselves on a job well done.

AND THERE GOES THE MAFIA GAME.

Hope you enjoyed, postgame coming very soon.

AAAAAA congratulations and thank you to sylv and siwon (also of course thank you to kirsche for hosting this game)!! that was super fun and also stressful rip

i wish i didn't lie as much as i did but i guess it's kinda unavoidable once it comes to the final nights :_: thank u to everyone who worked with/talked to me because tbh i was pretty much dead weight lmao

Well that was certainly a ride. Shoutout to everyone this game. I avenged/won with my allies and gained respect for my enemies. 

Kim, Sylv, u2 rock and glad we got the W together. This was def my last game, might do a postgame if I'm not too lazy. Its been fun y'all.

thank you to killnumi and einto and zeonth and blitz for talking to me and to kirsche for hosting and especially to GAIUS for masterminding us to victory! this was a terribly stressful game, though really i didn't even do anything, but it was also lots of fun and i'm glad i got to win with kim and siwon!! and uhh i'm sorry to anyone i got killed

~Postgame~

Modsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Inv3ZfmUsqjc1C0JAtd9v7c8sMTVCxrzoE8ZonLKb50/edit?usp=sharing

Design Philosophies

Spoiler

This is the part where I explain what the theme of the game was and what I attempted to do with people's roles. I address general game balance and stuff here, but I will give detailed player action and role analysis below so if you're only interested in that feel free. However, as I am probably the most out-spoken and critical when it comes to role design in EiMM you might find this interesting anyway.

I had three main aims for the roles of this game:

1. I wanted to make everyone think about what they would want to claim to other people. Many roles had upsides/downsides that an opponent may be better off not knowing. Some people used this to great effect: Like Faerie Knight and his "Loved" modifier, saving himself from the nightly lynch. If Einto and co had known about that, they could have planned accordingly, and it threw a much-deserved wrench in their plans.
  2. I wanted roles to have secondary "objectives" to play around. I wanted Zeo to try and coordinate with the shotblockers, Paperblade could have coordinated with vote blockers, Clarinets needed to get people to visit him so that he could "wake up" and start doing things etc. It's not gamebreaking if you don't do it or don't really have one, but it's something that can make the game more interesting.
  3. I didn't want roles to be "suffocating", where possible. Things like full hookers, bombs, and of course, high priority roles. These just make otehr people's night bitter and unsatisfying. The amount of people that thought if they were lynched they would be hooked is astonishing.

Ultimately, I wanted more of a focus on fun than balance, though I don't think the game was particularly horribly balanced either (There's a tier list in the spreadsheet of how I think the roles stack against each other. Fight me about it). The above things give more seasoned mafia players things to think about while not really intruding on people who want to low-effort.

The Lynch mechanic gave me a lot of creative freedom, not only giving me more options for roles (mayors, loved ones, lynchproofs, the butterflies etc) but also making me free to make stronger, hard-to-hit night roles like Prims' "sans" role, FK's Hider and Clarinets. A lynch can be used to counter those roles. Remember, even if a role is weaker than another, all that does is put a target on that person's head. That means that the stronger roles need more advanced diplomacy to make it through to the end. This is why I didn't focus on balance too much but rather tried to make all the roles fun, because the game is self-balancing in that way. Sure, it sucks knowing you didn't get hider, but if you think harder about it - did you really want that kind of pressure anyway? In the end, my attempts at balancing actually ruined some roles by "over balancing" them and nerfing them too hard.

That said, I could've maybe been a bit more creative with my roles. A vast majority of them were about being visited and various effects that occur because of it. This makes nights chaotic and unstable, which can be both a good and bad thing simultaneously. I did like that it put more of a focus on investigation, but that wasn't really sussed out by the player base and roles like Kinumi's were imo under utilised to the very end (no shots at Kinumi though). Two roles in particular I think were complete failures and did not achieve either of the above, but we'll get to that below.

The main thing is, I wanted as many people as possible to open up their role PMs and go "whoa that's neat" and be excited at what comes next. I wanted people to look at otehr people's roles and go "whoa that's neat" and be slightly jealous, but not be overly intimidated like they would against a high priority role. IMO people would have a bigger issue with high priority roles if it wasn't called high priority and instead called what they really are: unstoppable hooking strongwilled strongman shots. It leaves you with a bitter taste in your mouth as there is no possible counterplay to it: they just win all engages.

I hope you liked your role somewhat, even if others were a little bit stronger.

I now want to say:

FUCK NEW SF HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I JUST SPENT 3 HOURS ON PLAYER/ROLE ANALYSIS AND IT WAS DELETED INSTANTLY.

Can't even use word to prepare for it because spoiler tags don't work anymore! Everything has to be done in here. Disgusting upgrade. Role/player analysis will have to be tomorrow now, along with self-analysis as a host and final thoughts on the game. One more time:

FUCK SF. We should all move to smogon, and I'm not kidding this is a personal recommendation based on this forums inability to test upgrades properly. They have a forum that works well and a good community.

Edited by kirsche

Ok I'm slightly less mad now so just want to say thank you all so much for playing, it meant a lot to me that this game found the player numbers I was looking for in the end! I hope everyone found something they enjoyed about this game at least, and maybe it was even more fun than it was stressful haha.

If you have any logs that are even remotely interesting, please do send them my way, I'd greatly appreciate something to do tomorrow that isn't writing up this post game a second time.

Edited by kirsche

First of all, congratulations to the winners!

if my math is right, Kim just won her 5th eimm!!! (highest, tied with Refa)

Gaius finally won an eimm doing what he believed was right!!!

Sylveon won her 2nd, first on sf and first as non-itp!!

Also, thanks to most of my allies who supported me and I am really sorry I failed to support most of you... Also thank you buddies for getting revenge for me, I am happy that you did it for me... (yeah, mixed feelings)

I am glad that I died when I did this game, because I am sure the game would have turned for the worse if I were around and I am actually thankful that I was betrayed and removed early, I didn't have to lie to all the people I probably would have ended up lying too. I generally always make an example out of people who betray me the games after, but for a change, I won't be doing that for the next game.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Someone talk me out of hosting one.

I have a lot of terrible ideas.

Please host! We need more hosts! Co-host with Paperblade or me if you don't want to host alone! 

EDIT: Thank you Kirsche for hosting this awesome game! it was fun. Though, I would suggest not to hand out self driving bus drivers to anyone and especially not Cam. 

Edited by Blitz