Is there ANY way you can see New Mystery heading over to the West?

It's possible, if they decide to promote Echoes by releasing FE12 over here (akin to how they released some older FE games on Virtual Console to go along with the release of Awakening iirc)

Maybe if Echoes does well they might put it on VC if we are lucky, but the only way I see that happening is if it is like Earthbound beginnings and they already translated some of it before they decided not to release it.  I don't have much hope that we will get it, but I want it to be released since we have SD but not its sequel.

A physical copy for the DS? No way in hell.

A digital copy on the virtual console would still require the game to be translated so it's highly unlikely. Although, has anyone from the fan translation team tried selling the translation to Nintendo? Wink* Wink*

Other than that, it would need another remake on a newer console. LOL

I honestly don't think it's likely in the slightest...But I've been wrong about this sort of thing in the past. So I'm hoping fate will reward my pessimism by spiting me and releasing the game anyway. That's really a win, win situation.

Earthbound Beginnings was already translated for the NES, NoA just cancelled the release. That is nothing like FE12 which would need to be translated from scratch. As for the OP, I don't see it happening, unless they do some kind of epic Archanea saga compilation game for the franchise 30th anniversary in 2020. 

On 09/02/2017 at 1:51 PM, Hawk King said:

Although, has anyone from the fan translation team tried selling the translation to Nintendo? Wink* Wink*

Considering Nintendo's stance about fan projects, chances are we'd have gotten a Cease and Desist order if we had tried.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Another New Mystery of the Emblem

In all seriousness, I can't see the DS version being released. BUT we've had tons of surprises at the start of 2017 alone. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if it arrived eventually in some form.