Binding Blade or Blazing Sword?

Cerise

I'm currently playing FE8, and I'm planning on playing the other GBA titles after I finish it.

So which one should I play first? Would it make more sense to start with FE7, since it's the prequel? Or is it better to start with FE6, since it came out first?

I think FE7 might be the more comfortable route to go, seeing as its easier and a prequel, then you can jump into the harder FE6. 

I love FE6, but its not the easiest FE to get into.

Blazing Sword. Not as much because it's a prequel, but because it's just a better game for someone who doesn't have a ton of experience with the GBA games. While Binding Blade is great, its gameplay can be off-putting unless you've played FE7 already.

Obviously Blazing Blade for reasons that Binding Blade wishes to have fixed before hand.

If you ask me personally, Blazing Blade should be the game that you should stick with and avoid Binding Blade. 

Don't get me wrong, its not a horrible game, its just plain notoriously difficult game almost on par with Conquest if I might add (however, unlike Binding Blade, Conquest has handholding options like phenoix mode).

But to its credit, I think FE6, ost is way better than FE7's ost by a margin. But that's just about how FE6 is better than FE7 imo.

As someone who played Blazing Blade first, I wish I'd played FE6 first. There are things you do in FE7 that lead directly into FE6 and it's more fun imo to see events first and then find the cause - at least, that's how I feel. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, YouSquiddinMe said:

As someone who played Blazing Blade first, I wish I'd played FE6 first. There are things you do in FE7 that lead directly into FE6 and it's more fun imo to see events first and then find the cause - at least, that's how I feel. 

Agree.  When something is written as a prequel, it usually assumes you've experienced the original, first, and should be viewed/read/played in that order (original, then prequel).  FE7 is a somewhat easier game, and it's definitely my favorite FE, but playing FE6 first would probably help you enjoy it all the more.

On 08/03/2017 at 4:08 PM, JJ48 said:

Agree.  When something is written as a prequel, it usually assumes you've experienced the original, first, and should be viewed/read/played in that order (original, then prequel).  FE7 is a somewhat easier game, and it's definitely my favorite FE, but playing FE6 first would probably help you enjoy it all the more.

I'll try to keep it as spoilers-free as possible, but I'd say there are story benefits for either order. For example, Hector's scene in FE6 will mean much less if you don't know him from FE7.

On the other hand, Zephiel's scenes from FE7 won't carry the same emotional punch if you don't know what sort of king he will become in the future.

FE7 is definitely more beginner-friendly, though, but if you've already played some FE games, FE6 on normal mode shouldn't be that hard (but it certainly won't be easy either).

• 2 weeks later...