Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

Just now, eclipse said:

Maybe not quite that many.  The team I had in mind was Sheena, Sully, Eliwood, and Clarine.  Sheena would need the lion's share of levels to tank, Sully would move Sheena around, Eliwood would kill Narcian, and Clarine would heal Sheena.  Once you get the sword guy out of the way, and Sheena has enough Speed to not be doubled by the mages (without Clarine's help), the level would be doable.

Hmmm...I haven't used any of my shards yet, so I could start dumping those into Sheena if worst came to worst...I'll see if I can train them up, and what I can do from there! Thanks so much! :D

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Hmmm...I haven't used any of my shards yet, so I could start dumping those into Sheena if worst came to worst...I'll see if I can train them up, and what I can do from there! Thanks so much! :D

Do the early training in the tower, then dump shards after level 15ish.  It's easiest on your stamina.

I got both versions of the fabulous Narcian.

For the Hard mode, I used 5* Lucina, *4 Serra, *4 Lillina and *4 Camilla.

Serra buffed Camilla's attack which allowed her to kill to that annoying Archer.

Thanks to her defense, resistance and her being a green unit, she managed to resist Narcian and the mages' attacks. 

She flies away and gets healed then I burned Narcian with Lillina like in FE6.

Lucina slashed the sword user, Camilla killed the blue mage and Lillina burned the green one.

4 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, thanks, mate!

Although, Felicia does have strengths (from what I have on my 3-Star Felicia, she has great Resistance (and the Resistance + skills to bolster it further), and probably good Speed, debuffs are probably nice, and Breath of Life lets her heal nearby allies after combats, so she can be a supportive Mage-killer, but her low Defense is a problem, and I'm not sure she can deal any damage because I don't use her much any more), they just don't help enough to justify using her here (from my experience, with no flying unit, you need a Red for Narcian-baiting, two durable units, and a healer, and while Felicia could maybe act as a healer and deal with those mage-cavs if she could handle combat, you probably don't want to risk her getting attacked by the archer, I'm not sure she'd survive it). Unless you meant that your Felicia's Attack hadn't grown since you got her, in which case, ouch.
If that's not the case though, you could probably make her work if Lissa just isn't growing fast enough. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you have to, I'm sure it can be done (on Normal, anyway).

Good to hear Merric can probably work in Robin's place. I was kinda worrying about that, and having a lot of HP probably makes him a little better for this map than my Robin was.

Also, your Nowi has Lightning Breath, right? Because that gives her the ability to counter at 1 and 2 range so she can counterattack the mage-cavs and the sword fighter (which you probably want). You should try to get her that before you attempt Narcian.

I have some good news, following your advice I was able to beat Narcian and his crew on normal mode! :)

So my team consisted of lv. 26 Nowi and Lissa, and lv. 27 Ogma and Merric. I first tried sending out Nowi as bait, and although she would survive the first round, the second round either the archer and mage or Narcian would kill her. I then tried Ogma, who did even worse as the mages took him out easily. So my best option now was Merric. This was the right thing to do, as he suffered some damage but was not dead yet, so I decided to have Lissa right behind him to heal him and pull him out after the first round. This was a good idea, but I sent Ogma to the right side of the map as I was hoping Narcian would follow, but he did not, went left and killed Lissa. So then I put Ogma in the tree spot at the left side of the map, where he was able to KO Narcian with one hit at the third round.

So during my first round, Merric took damage and baited the other guys, the second round Lissa healed Merric and had to take damage from the opponents, and during the third round the real battle began, with Ogma killing Narcian, and then I had to be careful and switch around my team to put the one with an advantage up against one of the mages, the archer or the knight at the bottom left of the map. I was doing well, but at some point a mage managed to kill Ogma, so I had to start again and when I made sure not to make the same mistake my team managed to win, mostly thanks to Lissa constantly healing the whole team!

I'm glad I have Narcian, I play this game mostly to collect all kinds of different heroes, and Narcian his artwork and dialogue is incredibly fun, so I'm really glad I have him now. If I had tried this battle with Felicia, I think I would not have managed to win this, so I am glad I listened to you.

28 minutes ago, juuldude said:

I have some good news, following your advice I was able to beat Narcian and his crew on normal mode! :)

So my team consisted of lv. 26 Nowi and Lissa, and lv. 27 Ogma and Merric. I first tried sending out Nowi as bait, and although she would survive the first round, the second round either the archer and mage or Narcian would kill her. I then tried Ogma, who did even worse as the mages took him out easily. So my best option now was Merric. This was the right thing to do, as he suffered some damage but was not dead yet, so I decided to have Lissa right behind him to heal him and pull him out after the first round. This was a good idea, but I sent Ogma to the right side of the map as I was hoping Narcian would follow, but he did not, went left and killed Lissa. So then I put Ogma in the tree spot at the left side of the map, where he was able to KO Narcian with one hit at the third round.

So during my first round, Merric took damage and baited the other guys, the second round Lissa healed Merric and had to take damage from the opponents, and during the third round the real battle began, with Ogma killing Narcian, and then I had to be careful and switch around my team to put the one with an advantage up against one of the mages, the archer or the knight at the bottom left of the map. I was doing well, but at some point a mage managed to kill Ogma, so I had to start again and when I made sure not to make the same mistake my team managed to win, mostly thanks to Lissa constantly healing the whole team!

I'm glad I have Narcian, I play this game mostly to collect all kinds of different heroes, and Narcian his artwork and dialogue is incredibly fun, so I'm really glad I have him now. If I had tried this battle with Felicia, I think I would not have managed to win this, so I am glad I listened to you.

That's great, mate!

Actually, I'm kinda surprised Nowi couldn't handle the chokepoint of doom. Still, Merric being able to makes sense, from my Robin experience.
And, yeah, from the sound of it, you needed Lissa's healing ability more than Felicia's debuffing. So, glad I could help.

And also, Kaiji Tang did a great job making Narcian sound every bit as... huge-ego-ed (I know there's a word for this, it's just not coming to me) as I expected him to sound. That alone made suffering through this map worth it (though Narcian turning out to be a pretty alright unit is also good for me).

Got 3* version with Camilla/Robin/Roy/Tamuki team.

Roy both pushed Camilla out of danger, but pushed her back over the mountain range later on so she could kite away the blue mage (my Robin is res screwed and my Tamuki is a few levels behind the others so they couldn't hold the mountain pass by themselves)

Very roughly the plan ended going Camilla over the mountain and kills the archer like always (survives with 2 HP) while Robin and Tamuki are near-but-not-in enemy range (make sure Tamuki isn't in the tree by the mountains). Camilla flies back next turn with Roy pushing her out of the way of Narcian's path. Make sure Tamuki doesn't move into the tree. The next turn Narcian flies to a space 2 away from that tree tile, move in that space and take out Narcian, have Robin tank one round of attacks, have Roy push Camilla over one space then have her fly up into the one tile that attracts the blue mage but not the green. Both the blue mage and red soldier will be kited her direction (she can kill the mage before the soldier gets to her), carefully kill the green mage + have Camilla fly back over the mountain. Kill remaining red soldier.

Was able to get the final castle, did a little training, and tried to clear the this map on normal mode. Still couldn't do it, unfortunately. I can survive the first assault from the chokepoint, but I have no way of getting out the way fast enough for someone not be killed on the second turn. My Odin and Gaius can survive the chokepoint, but my flyer can't kill the archer by herself, so they're stuck in range. Eliwood has good resistance, but he's not fast enough to avoid getting doubled by the blue cavalier.

Unfortunately, I don't have many other options, because all my other flyers are blue (weak to Narcian), no one has abilities like Pull Back, and none of my healers have the Recover spell, which means they can't heal enough HP for it to matter in the end... In the end, I just don't have the appropriate party makeup for the map... If it comes around again, I'll have to try it with a different team... (Assuming I get lucky recruiting people).

Did hard map with 5* Robin, 5* Linde, 4* Chrom, Olivia. Team was a bit underleveled. Robin aggroed them. Chrom handled Narcian (couldn't separate and pull him down like some people, but still worked out) and Green magecav. Mages (both great damage between Defiant Spd+Bonfire and Linde being Linde) plus Olivia clean up rest.

28 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

Was able to get the final castle, did a little training, and tried to clear the this map on normal mode. Still couldn't do it, unfortunately. I can survive the first assault from the chokepoint, but I have no way of getting out the way fast enough for someone not be killed on the second turn. My Odin and Gaius can survive the chokepoint, but my flyer can't kill the archer by herself, so they're stuck in range. Eliwood has good resistance, but he's not fast enough to avoid getting doubled by the blue cavalier.

Unfortunately, I don't have many other options, because all my other flyers are blue (weak to Narcian), no one has abilities like Pull Back, and none of my healers have the Recover spell, which means they can't heal enough HP for it to matter in the end... In the end, I just don't have the appropriate party makeup for the map... If it comes around again, I'll have to try it with a different team... (Assuming I get lucky recruiting people).

If you got Olivia and Wrys from the special maps, they can help greatly in repositioning, multiple heals, etc. Wrys can heal a lot between Rehabilitate+Imbue+Olivia too. You might be able to train in the arena using all the free/quest Dueling Crests if stamina for the tower isn't enough.

Edited by XeKr

I. Have done it. I can't believe it went as well as it did (especially since my team was a bit underleveled), but @eclipse helped to guide me in the right direction! Sheena took a whopping four damage the entire fight. Eliwood took care of Narcian, and Clarine healed the damage (she got a bit ganged up on by the Blue Tome user and Narcian at one point, but she lived with 7 HP, and eventually healed all the damage off). Sully managed to nudge Clarine away from danger, and Sheena did cleanup work after Narcian went down. I'm so happy to finally have him!!

Spoiler

58a22bc42786d_YoureStuckWithMeForeverNow.thumb.PNG.68de99859b73a91c102613c58de88c09.PNG58a22be652268_TheChampions(Aftermath).thumb.PNG.47f7598b9e9673864264ddef7fadabdb.PNG

Exactly how much bulk does Robin need bait and survive that first round on the Hard version? I've got a level 28 4* (28 HP/19 Def/13 Res) that can't take it right now, and I'm wondering if a few levels would make a difference or if I should just settle for my 2* Narcian.

Robin/Roster:

Spoiler

robin_stats

I'm pretty sure I don't have another unit that could handle it -- Peri's got great Res but 24 HP and wouldn't survive the Archer.

I already tried having Takumi kill the red sword fighter round 1 and get pulled back by Nino, but because he killed the archer too the blue cav moved in to finish him.

Edit: After posting this, it occurs to me, could Peri get danced in, KO the red sword, and get out after one hit from the green mage? I know the blue mage has Swordbreaker, could someone remind me if the green one has a skill that'd be a problem for her?

Edited by Whimsical

Think triangle is 20% atk so going by stats here, https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/map/grand-hero-battle-narcian-wyvern-general-hard you need Robin to survive a floor(38*0.8)=30 phys atk from the red sword and 40 mag atk from the blue mage. So roughly 30-def + 40-res and compare to your Hp. Mine was 5* also but not max level and still comfortably survived.

You could try buffing Robin’s Def/Res. Or maybe Nino (chip red sword)+Olivia+Draw Back to aggro the map safely, then hopefully Takumi+Leo/Roy+Olivia can clean up enemies as they go through the chokepoint, kiting if necessary.

edit: The green mage has Death Blow 2 which is 4 atk and triangle so he has around 50 magical atk. Your Peri might not have the Hp. 

Edited by XeKr

11 hours ago, wheelsonfire said:

Not sure if you grabbed Stahl yet, but if you haven't, do so.  Swap is a very powerful skill.

6 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I. Have done it. I can't believe it went as well as it did (especially since my team was a bit underleveled), but @eclipse helped to guide me in the right direction! Sheena took a whopping four damage the entire fight. Eliwood took care of Narcian, and Clarine healed the damage (she got a bit ganged up on by the Blue Tome user and Narcian at one point, but she lived with 7 HP, and eventually healed all the damage off). Sully managed to nudge Clarine away from danger, and Sheena did cleanup work after Narcian went down. I'm so happy to finally have him!!

Reveal hidden contents

Congratulations!  Here's hoping the next challenge map doesn't come down to two strategies!

Turns out Peri was my best option: leveled her up to 35, she took 10 damage from one-rounding the red sword fighter, and when the green mage moved in to blast her for 50 damage, 32 res left her with 1 HP! I love the little monster, she's my most recent 5* draw from like two days ago, too.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-13-23-43-41.thumb.png.8591d9ce523d425b88ea943952719e7b.png

From there Olivia dances Peri to safety, the turn ends, and Narcian dies screaming as he does 0 damage to Roy.

I actually think I should've moved Roy up and shoved Olivia down a space to help outrun the mounted mages, but things still worked out. The next turn the green mage ends up one space left of where Narcian was, (forgot to screenshot) so Roy moves up and left exactly into range 2 of where green's standing to keep it from chasing down Olivia. Luckily the AI prioritizes attacking and can't resist leaving the green in the one attacking spot to ding Roy for 2 damage instead of moving it out of the way for the blue to hit him for like 30x2. The three ranged enemies formed a neat little line around the one attacking spot, with the blue up front for Takumi to pick off, and Roy finished the rest.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-13-23-52-13.thumb.png.84b0cb4131deb4e0c7f9a3d401b56e82.png

I found this map quite challenging.  It took me several tries to get my strategy right, but I managed to beat it on hard with my team of Lissa, Lucina, Cordelia, and Olivia.  I used my 4* Lissa as bait because she has the highest defense on my team (28 - I found it funny every time she leveled up & said "I think I'm ready for the front lines" because it was actually true :lol:).  After she took the first few hits, I moved her back, danced her more out of the way and left Cordelia in range of the sword dude and one of the mages.  I left Lucina in range of Narcian and she destroyed him.  I think I used the last turn to send up Cordelia and Lucina to get the remaining guys, with Olivia refreshing one of them to get the 3rd kill.

• 3 months later...

Tomorrow, this GHB will make a return. The quests are as follows:

• With Alfonse on your team, win the Grand Hero Battle against Narcian: Wyvern General..
  • With Narcian: Wyvern General on your team, win the Great Hero Battle against Narcian: Wyvern General on Hard
  • Use Alfonse to defeat Narcian: Wyvern General.
  • Use Narcian: Wyvern General to defeat a level 35 or higher Narcian: Wyvern General.

So raise your Alfonse so he's at least able to take down a level 25 Narcian on the Normal difficulty.

Was this video by mkv already shared in this thread? They already used Alfonse to defeat hard mode Narcian way back in February, so this might help.

It seems they weren’t doing that 3⋆-only shtick, however. This one began later.

Edited by Vaximillian

29 minutes ago, Raven said:

Tomorrow, this GHB will make a return. The quests are as follows:

• With Alfonse on your team, win the Grand Hero Battle against Narcian: Wyvern General..
  • With Narcian: Wyvern General on your team, win the Great Hero Battle against Narcian: Wyvern General on Hard
  • Use Alfonse to defeat Narcian: Wyvern General.
  • Use Narcian: Wyvern General to defeat a level 35 or higher Narcian: Wyvern General.

So raise your Alfonse so he's at least able to take down a level 25 Narcian on the Normal difficulty.

Alternatively, beating the lv 21 Narcian in chapter 9-2 Normal mode will still do. 

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Will it? Interesting....

It has, I've tested this method myself with beating FRobin, Navarre and Ursula  in story normal mode instead . As long the lv isn' stated, beating them anywhere will do, be it story mode, arena, or even voting gauntlet

Edited by DraceEmpressa

So, Tharja, Soren, Olivia and Alfonse should do it for me. Was planning on bringing Ephraim along to supercharge Tharja, but I doubt it'll be necessary.

Seems easy now. When I joined, it looked impossible. Then again, I think I had less than a week of play time, no 5* units (I didn't know about the restarting trick, not being familiar with gacha games), and no lv 40 units either.

After Narcian, I'll only miss the rerun of Michalis, who I only could get at 3*, and I'll have all GHB completed.

5 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Seems easy now. When I joined, it looked impossible. Then again, I think I had less than a week of play time, no 5* units (I didn't know about the restarting trick, not being familiar with gacha games), and no lv 40 units either.

This is the thing people seem to forget now that they have level 40s, more 5 stars, and a bigger unit pool in general when they say the Grand Hero battles are getting easier.