Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

It has, I've tested this method myself with beating FRobin, Navarre and Ursula  in story normal mode instead . As long the lv isn' stated, beating them anywhere will do, be it story mode, arena, or even voting gauntlet

Great job finding this! It will likely prove useful at some point...

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Will it? Interesting....

Yes. The quest requirements are exactly what they say they are. If it tells you to kill a level 35 or higher Narcian, any level 35 or higher Narcian will work, including those in the Arena, Voting Gauntlets, story missions, training tower (I know he doesn't spawn there), etc.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. The quest requirements are exactly what they say they are. If it tells you to kill a level 35 or higher Narcian, any level 35 or higher Narcian will work, including those in the Arena, Voting Gauntlets, story missions, training tower (I know he doesn't spawn there), etc.

Too bad they can't spawn in the training towers, that would be interesting.

Side note, does anyone know what the limits are on what characters can spawn in the training tower? Is it tied to the current banners, or is it any banner character?

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Side note, does anyone know what the limits are on what characters can spawn in the training tower? Is it tied to the current banners, or is it any banner character?

idk exactly, but it seems characters of the training tower have the same roster with the gacha pool. and so far, I never saw GHB unit in the training tower. 

13 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

The training tower pool is any character in the normal pull roster.

The only time banner characters appear in the training tower is if they are already in the normal pull roster (which has only been the case for the launch banners and the non-main banners).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The training tower pool is any character in the normal pull roster.

The only time banner characters appear in the training tower is if they are already in the normal pull roster (which has only been the case for the launch banners).

Cool. I was wondering about that.

Obviously, I've never seen any of the Easter characters, and I remember not seeing characters who aren't in the general pool (Which fluctuates. Has anyone noticed this? Some "normal" characters aren't available in all banners. It's hard to keep track of where everyone ends up, but it is a little weird.)

12 minutes ago, Thany said:

time for some hype 3 star runs of this battle.

Ill love seeing narcian get destroyed.

Mkv or ItchyBackside?Also, they are not the only people who runs on all 3* team. 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

I wasn't able to beat Narcian on lunatic the first time, so my revenge time has finally come bwhahaha

I'm also levelling Narcian for the "kill Narcian with Narcian" that most likely will show as a quest.

Edited by Thalyon
new content

8 minutes ago, Thalyon said:

I wasn't able to beat Narcian on lunatic the first time, so my revenge time has finally come bwhahaha

I'm also levelling Narcian for the "kill Narcian with Narcian" that most likely will show as a quest.

There wasn't a lunatic level last time. It was normal and hard.

I finally have motivation to promote Narcian to 4* and level him up to lv40. Now I have all the GHB units at lv40 4*. But I'm now 2k feathers farther from promoting the Askr trio

I didn't have the necessary units to complete it on Hard last time. I've been waiting for this to come back round so I can finally get a second Narcian. I don't particularly need a second Narcian right now, since my 4* lvl 40 one raised painstakingly from 2* is good at his niche... but I want to beat him xD 

Huh, I think I could have 3* Brave Lance Est with a +4 speed boost kill the archer to start things off. Normally, she'd be fast enough to double the archer with her default lance, but she is off by 2 points from closing out the archer's 41 HP even with +4 to her attack and off by 1 point with an Attack +1 seal. With +4 speed, she'd be up to 25 speed with a Brave Lance letting her do 12x4 to the archer or 16x4 with +4 attack. Drag Back puts her back in range for someone to move her out. I wonder if I can move her back one tile and have her bait Narcian for Alfonse to counter and then finish him off on the next player phase.

Problem is my team would be locked to Alfonse, Est, Gaius, Matthew if he was a 4* and/or level 40, or Setsuna -- I gave her Hone Speed 3 --, and Olivia. Might not be a problem though... Alfonse covers both Narcian and the green mage and Est covers the archer, blue mage, the sword infantry, and she can actually kill the green mage if she has an Attack Seal or Hone Attack from Olivia. 4* Gaius with Silver Dagger can kill either mage, but he really needs to be careful, especially since mine has -Res; 26 damage from the blue and 28 from the green mage only lets him survive to take out one of the mages. Anyway, both Gaius and Olivia can help mop up.

I swear if I end up being the Est guy...

Edit: Map's live. I shouldn't be awake at this hour -- it's 2 in the morning where I live.

Okay, so, 3* Est with a Brave Lance and attack and speed buffs as necessary can actually kill everyone, but Narcian for obvious reasons -- hey, that's why Alfonse is here.

Yeah, this map would be much harder without skill inheritance or the larger pool of units players would have if they played for a while...

Edited by Kaden

Hector's a crutch for Narcian's map, especially with heal+dance support from Lissa and Olivia. Narcian just chilled. Olivia finished off Narcian after Hector landed the first blow on him.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I've finally got a Narcian, and can I say he reminds me of Rugrats for some reason?

So which quests can be cheesed with the 9-2 Narcian and on what difficulties?

Having Alfonse defeat Narcian can be done on Normal difficulty.

Having Narcian defeat Narcian can either be done on the Hard GHB map or on the Lunatic 9-2 map.

I eventually beat the map with 3⋆ Narcian (with Atk +1 seal), 5⋆ Michalis and Catria, and 4⋆ Palla.

Michalis deleted the archer, while Narcian baited his doppelgänger. Catria took the blue bullet, because otherwise the blue mage kept firing at Michalis and occupying the only tile Narcian could attack Narcian from. Palla buffed Narcian and helped him overpower his counterpart. Then Palla did in the green mage while Narcian baited the blue mage, letting Michalis delete him.

The swordsman was for Palla and Catria.

Finished the quests:

Alfonse on team while clearing GHB map: 5* Xander w/ QR2 and Olivia support carried while Alfonse chilled. Reinhardt gave Xander morale support.

Alfonse KOing Narcian: Alfonse KOs Narcian on Normal 9-2 story map; Reinhardt, Olivia, and Tharja wipe out the other units.

Narcian on team while clearing Hard GHB map: Hector w/ Vantage 3 and Lissa+Olivia support carried (with Lissa tanking Narcian). Narcian chilled as Hector put Narcian into KO range for Olivia to finish off.

Narcian KOing Narcian: Lunatic 9-2 story map; Reinhardt w/ Olivia support deleted the armored units (Dance support is required as Reinhardt cannot ORKO the axe armor knight). Hector KOs the cleric, then puts enemy Narcian into KO range. 4* Narcian hugs Olivia for Hone Atk 3 boost before finishing off the enemy Narcian (w/ Hone Atk 3, a lv. 40 4* Narcian only does 6 damage against the enemy Narcian).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Man this is so much easier with competent fliers

I went with Narcian 4, Palla 4, Hinoka 5, and Olivia. Palla's just there for goad fliers, but she needs to be out of the swordbreaker blue's range all the time. Narcian goes up and kills the bow dude, then retreats while killing himself. Then the other 3 comes down and Narcian/Hinoka + Olivia dance removes the other 3.

And now Rein can have his Lancebreaker3

Somehow finished this with Alfonse, Narcian, Olivia, and male Robin. Even with much better units, this battle was still more of a challenge for me than the last three have been!

This map is designed for Nowi...The only trick is that I used rally speed on my 4* Narcian to kill the enemy Narcian.

I put an unarmed Narcian to defend and changed my name to "Narcian mission"(which is too long so I changed to Japanese word for "mission"). I hope this may somehow help others. Maybe I could do this during every coming GHB mission.

20170526_005217.png