Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

Just having stronger units allowed me to tear the Lunatic map down, even without a bow user or powerful green in the team (for the quest where Narcien's in the party: Just shoved the level 1 version in the corner): I blame using level 40 units, though I could have used lower levelled units just fine (and had a bow user: Setsuna would have also made it a cakewalk).

Threw the one I got before away: Not throwing the 3* one away this time, likely raise him for his quest for today.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

This map is designed for Nowi...The only trick is that I used rally speed on my 4* Narcian to kill the enemy Narcian.

I put an unarmed Narcian to defend and changed my name to "Narcian mission"(which is too long so I changed to Japanese word for "mission"). I hope this may somehow help others. Maybe I could do this during every coming GHB mission.

20170526_005217.png

I don't think the average person struggling with that mission would bring a Narcian to arena... but a good thought.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I don't think the average person struggling with that mission would bring a Narcian to arena... but a good thought.

Then my Narcian will tease them. That's also interesting!

It's easy now, but it was quite hard when first released!
ShadowofChaos is right though in that GHBs are becoming easier and easier as we get more 5* heroes and even 4*s from GHBs and skill inheritance - we have an ever expanding selection of characters and skills to solve the GHB puzzles with. Whereas earlier it was often harder simply because were less likely to have a good set of characters to deal with them.

As usual I made a video showing my strategy - this time focusing on how to win and get the final blow using 3* Alfonse or 3* Narcian for the quests - using only free units (Sharena, Olivia, Michalis, Alfonse).

Michalis is really great here - at 4* level 40 he can one shot the blue mage and tank hits from Narcian, the green mage, and the archer all in one turn... and then conveniently bait and damage Narcian over the mountains so my Narcian or Alfonse could land the final blow for the quest.

The first time I played this, it was thanks to Takumi that I was able to beat the normal map, and couldn't beat the hard one. Right now, for the quest, I have Alfonse as 3* lv 20, perfect for the normal map. Just did the same as before, use Takumi to kill everything not named Narcian, and then use Leo to bait Narcian near Alfonse.

3* lv 20 Alfonse received 0 damage from Normal!Narcian, this was perfect for the quest!

But still... How I wish they added a Lunatic map (for FRobin too), to give more fun for us.

Mkv's free 3* strat for the Narcian vs. Narcian quest:

nstyler's free 4* strat for Narcian vs. Narcian:

nstyler's free 4* strat for Narcian v. Narcian and have Alfonse on team during GHB clear (uses Android exclusive free Corrin gift):

ItchyBackside's free 3* strat for Narcian v. Narcian:

Edited by Roflolxp54

Now that I see the map, I realize I probably didn't even had started playing when Narcian appeared, as I don't recall this map at all. That said... Really easy now, with a full team of 5* units with SI vs a group of vanilla 35s

Now I have a Narcian that I promptly promoted to 4*, and I'm training him to level 40-ish, so he can defeat himself... Only to meet the cruel destiny of being fed to Ephraim for Lancebreaker 3. Poor guy, thinks I like him.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The Sakura whale strikes again, this time soloing the hard mode by a 5⋆ 40+10 Sakura!

wait..... there wasnt a battle prep moment....

This was recorded all that time ago with a full team of 40+10s?

to much money spent at such an early time.

11 minutes ago, Thany said:

wait..... there wasnt a battle prep moment....

This was recorded all that time ago with a full team of 40+10s?

to much money spent at such an early time.

By default, you have to touch the battle prep button to enter battle prep mode, instead of starting in battle prep.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

By default, you have to touch the battle prep button to enter battle prep mode, instead of starting in battle prep.

Oh right.... i forgot there was a setting for that... my bad.

So apparently I never actually did the Normal mode version of the map, just the Hard one...so I came away with two 2* Narcians, woo!

I had assumed that I sent the Normal mode one home, tbh.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The Sakura whale strikes again, this time soloing the hard mode by a 5⋆ 40+10 Sakura!

That...is hilarious. It's interesting to actually see Absorb + Wrathful Staff in action.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

-video-

That title card text, though. "BOW BEFORE ME"

I've finished two of the quests. I need to level up the Narcian I'm training some more before I attempt the other two though.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

This is very funny, go Sakura, destroyer of GHB!

--

At first I wanted to make a video of every GHB, but now I feel that doing one for Narcian is not good, since now my characters are too powerfull for this map. I'm going to skip this like I did for FRobin, is not fair now xD.

But I can try to use some 4* and see what can I do, maybe that would be better. For now, I beat all the quest! Yaaay!

Yay, I had Est cheese the map again to finish the Narcian beats Narcian and is there to be his narcissistic self. Kind of funny how a level 23-24 2* Narcian can be used to defeat himself with help.

Same team I used before, but Alfonse was swapped with level 24, 2* Narcian with an Attack +1 seal and Gaius and Olivia with their Steel weapons. Gaius with no attack buff and Olivia leave enemy Narcian with 2 HP; Olivia does 19x2 on counter and Gaius does 4x2. Gaius had to stay away from Olivia while Narcian had to stay close to her since he just meets 27 total attack from his 22 total attack with Hone Attack 3 and an Attack +1 seal to do 2 damage to enemy Narcian's debuffed 25 defense -- enemy Narcian has 28 defense. Est finishes the map by killing everything... again. Also, inadvertently lured the green mage towards Narcian when I moved him up to the middle mountain tile to the right of the tree to finish enemy Narcian which made it safer for Est since she could take out the sword infantry and blue mage without risking being in range of the green mage. I think I could have had Olivia bait the green mage after Est took out the other 2 units, but whatever, Narcian was a bit more useful in this map I guess.

Part of this was done out of laziness. Yes, training Narcian is a good idea and I intend to do so, but I'm also trying to get rid of units, so figuring out who should be trained immediately to sack them for skills is kind of annoying. Remembered that Mkv was able to beat the quest with a level 23, 2* Narcian, so why not. Let's check to see if my level 24, 2* Narcian could do it and sure enough, it's possible.

Edited by Kaden

Hm, seems a level 40 3-star Narshen can solo Hard mode Narshen with just a Hone Fliers buff.

Player Narshen will deal 11×2 damage, and enemy Narshen will deal 9 damage. Enemy Narshen's Vengeance will hit for 9+11 damage if you let enemy Narshen initiate combat on the second round, leaving player Narshen with 2 HP and the win due to Retribution.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Hm, seems a level 40 3-star Narshen can solo Hard mode Narshen with just a Hone Fliers buff.

Player Narshen will deal 11×2 damage, and enemy Narshen will deal 9 damage. Enemy Narshen's Vengeance will hit for 9+11 damage if you let enemy Narshen initiate combat on the second round, leaving player Narshen with 2 HP and the win due to Retribution.

This is almost what I did, except with Goad Fliers on Palla nearby.

I wasn't able to beat hard narcian back when this first came out and was the only GHB I failed. Nowi basically soloed this for me pretty easily this time. I did need someone else to kill narcian because of the emerald axe and adult tiki fit fine. Conveniently I already had a trained Narcian for my fliers 10th stratum team so that was fine too. Although as long as I could do 1 damage it would have been fine as adult tiki brings narcian done to 1 health. For Al I just did the normal map.

This map is infinitely easier with Spring Camilla.  She took out the bow and the blue guy, then popped back in to steal the kill on the green horse guy.  Azura took out the sword guy, and Alphonse beat up Narcian.  My Narcian hid in a corner.

Fun fact: Narcian at 3* 31 has enough Atk (with Olivia's Hone Attack) to do one damage to the 9-2 Narcian.

I also somehow managed to drop said Narcian to one HP after both Linde and Nino hit him.

I hate training Narcian...

Spring!Camilla can solo this with a dancer.

It was hard at first because most people didn't have a tank that could survive the blue mage and red infantry.  Most also didn't have any fliers so it was the only route.  Now it's easy.

4* vanilla Michalis basically soloed the hard map. he deserves a promotion.

on another note, my lazy self is not looking forward to training Narcian lol.

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Fun fact: Narcian at 3* 31 has enough Atk (with Olivia's Hone Attack) to do one damage to the 9-2 Narcian.

does 9-2 Narcian have different stats than GHB Narcian? 

Well that's a shame. I was hoping they'd add a new Lunatic difficulty for 4* Narcian whenever they came around to reviving his GHB. Looks like I'll have to grind up the 2* quest reward Narcian if I want to give away Lancebreaker! I say grind but really I'll just be dumping shards.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos