Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

New boss battle is up under Special Maps. Clear the map on normal (level 25 enemies) to unlock 2* Narcian and on hard (level 35) for 3*. Costs 10 or 15 stamina respectively per attempt.

So... this is actually astonishingly difficult. I'm currently leveling some new guys just for this map since what I had couldn't even get me past a few turns. This would be tough even if allied deaths were allowed, which they aren't.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch for the diffculty. >< Poor Lvl 36 Luci got thwomped by a Blue Mage, but her RES is pretty bad at 14. ._. Guess I have to start training my 4* Tiki and Fae. Lissa ( lvl 26 ) is fine for now. Players shouldn't be deceived by the Lvl 25...

Yeah my entire team is pretty squishy except for Camilla who dies to the Bow user so it was a bit finicky for me (the team I use is Sharena, Tharja, Camilla, and Takumi with a -Res modifier). Fortunately my 4* Sharena was able to tank the Sword and Bow user and then it was just a matter of kiting.

Here's the map layout, courtesy of reddit.

fwweyfl9czey.png

Edit: I just realized I could've sent in Camilla from the bottom to kill the Archer, since the Mountain makes it so I can get in range of attacking without it being able to shoot me. :>_<:

Edited by YueLiang

Wow....the difficulty sucks.

The fact that a map is this hard for just a 3* unit is stupid, especially since Narcien is a 4* during the battle. What unit is there that can withstand a physical attack and either a magic or bow attack in one turn?

Edited by Sentinel07

The worst part is that this is for limited time. if you didn't beat it in three days say goodbye to Narcian. i find that ridiculous since the enemies' stats are too busted.

6 minutes ago, L9999 said:

The worst part is that this is for limited time. if you didn't beat it in three days say goodbye to Narcian. i find that ridiculous since the enemies' stats are too busted.

:cry: Nooooo Narcian, don't run away!! I am determined to get him, but I'm struggling even on Normal *sigh*

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Holy crap I actually beat it with this team

IMG_3097.PNG

Lucky you, I have zero things with resistance to sponge the horse mages.

Oh, all right then. I need another wyvern rider anyway ( I've already got a Lvl 30 Cherche ). Narcian looks like he'll be worth it though. Seems to have some killer skills.

6 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Lucky you, I have zero things with resistance to sponge the horse mages.

My things with resistance are all red (Lyn and Lilina at 26) or Serra at 27, or Sharena at 11 which is basically nil :(

Edited by Vaximillian

Edit: Okay, I beat it. I end up sending Camilla over the mountain, killing the archer immediately, while simultaneously sending a unit up the left path. The enemy split their forces in half and I somehow Camilla lived long enough to be healed up.

Edited by Splondir

The difficulty is real! In a sense its good cause it promotes challenge, but it sucks so bad if you cant beat it. Im gonna have to max my peeps before the event is over! Im gonna get this guy if its the last thing I do!

Finally beat Hard. I started off having Camilla attack the archer. On the next turn, I had Camilla full retreat down to Roy, who pushed her to safety. Roy took care of Narcian, and a combination of Lilina and Takumi took down the rest.

Beat it on normal.  Team:

4* Camilla
3* Gordin
4* Hana
4* Sakura

I need to steal this map.

1 hour ago, YueLiang said:

Here's the map layout, courtesy of reddit.

fwweyfl9czey.png

Edit: I just realized I could've sent in Camilla from the bottom to kill the Archer, since the Mountain makes it so I can get in range of attacking without it being able to shoot me. :>_<:

Turn 1:

- Camilla just to the north of Roy
- Gordin just to the north of Takumi
- Hana just to the east of Jeorge
- Sakura somewhere in Hana's vicinity

Turn 2:

- Gordin Shoves Camilla
- Hana uses Rally Attack on Camilla
- Camilla obliterates the archer from the south
- Sakura moves directly south of Camilla

Turn 2 EP:

- Camilla needs to survive the mages and Narcian.  The green mage is the tricky part.

Turn 3:

- Camilla moves all the way south
- Sakura heals Camilla
- Gordin and Hana move towards the west

Afterwards:

- Clean-up duty

I'll be doing something similar on Hard, but with Raigh in place of Hana.  His weapon will come in handy against the mages.  May need to bring Maria instead of Sakura, for Fortify Resistance (so Camilla doesn't die to the mages).

I feel like I need some help clearing this on Normal difficulty. Unfortunately I got screwed over with summoning and only have two 5* units right now, Lyn and Camilla, the latter being a bit underlevelled right now. My current team has Lyn, then Cordelia, Arthur and Sophia all at 4*. I don't even know if this is possible with my current team, but I feel like its all I have at the moment. So yeah, someone please help me!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Turn 1:

- Camilla just to the north of Roy
- Gordin just to the north of Takumi
- Hana just to the east of Jeorge
- Sakura somewhere in Hana's vicinity

Turn 2:

- Gordin Shoves Camilla

The thing is you don't even need shove. You can position Camilla 3 spaces below the Archer and be out of its attack range since the mountains are in the way. Then move Camilla 2 spaces up and take out the Archer.

10 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

The thing is you don't even need shove. You can position Camilla 3 spaces below the Archer and be out of its attack range since the mountains are in the way. Then move Camilla 2 spaces up and take out the Archer.

Shove is to stop Narcian from killing Camilla during her retreat, she likely won't have much health left after killing the archer.

Edit: And now I see they have an entirely different plan then me.

Edited by Suichimo

I beat this on hard with Young Tiki/Est/Camilla/Elise. It really doesn't help that my one tank is red and takes friggin 29 damage from thge mage and two of my others units are fliers and live in fear of that bow.

I basically baited using Tiki and then did hit and run and bait and switch tactics. One round longer and I would have lost a unit and therefore lost the map. 

I like that they can do difficult maps though, this map was actually fun.

I used up my (not maxed) stamina just to beat the maps. I mean, it took me a couple tries on both difficulties (I was trying to raise a different team on the Level 25 and wow what even). But yes, the map is difficult for their suggested levels. It's kind of cool.

My team for both maps was 5* Camilla, 5* Robin, 4* Olivia, and 4* Abel. It's... kind of not recommended considering how cluttered it is at the bottom with the forests.

Spoiler

Also that stupid healing Blue Tome Cavalier healed Narcian juuuuust short of Camilla taking him out with Brave Axe+. It took two Robin attacks with Olivia's assistance just to lower him down again after Camilla took out the Bow and promptly got pummeled to 3 HP by Narcian and his goons.

The second attempt on Hard was just because of that guy.

Fuck that guy. Stealing my 15 stamina.

@eclipse Kind of wish I took notes on placement but thankfully it's not a map where the enemies charge at you before you enter their danger zone.

2 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

I feel like I need some help clearing this on Normal difficulty. Unfortunately I got screwed over with summoning and only have two 5* units right now, Lyn and Camilla, the latter being a bit underlevelled right now. My current team has Lyn, then Cordelia, Arthur and Sophia all at 4*. I don't even know if this is possible with my current team, but I feel like its all I have at the moment. So yeah, someone please help me!

The main threats on Hard is Narcian with Emerald Axe+ (Normal: Emerald Axe), Blue Tome Cavalier (I think he has Swordbreaker 3; I know he has Swordbreaker on a map, at least; also has the Micaiah Sacrifice skill on Hard), and Bow guy just for any flier. The Green Tome has Death Blow (the Attack +4). Honestly forgot the Infantry Sword because he was easy after the other guys. Also, Blue Tome's got Triangle Adept 3 so a resistant Green can basically take no damage.

Among those, Camilla's probably your best bet on at least ridding yourself of the Bow. Hope she can tank Narcian and the Green Tome (she'll likely take 0 from Blue Tome if you've leveled her properly). I don't know Cordelia's stats/skills but I wouldn't think she would be helpful here since Narcian can have a max +40% on her.

I think fliers are better here as the mountains really limits where you can go with also a couple forests down south.

If you got someone to tank the sword + blue tome/bow, that's probably where you're going for now. Unless you feel like raising Camilla just for this map. (And if you're going that route, you might want to pick up the castle upgrades 20% and 40% if you haven't already. They're the most efficient per Orb).

23 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

It's also so that I'm in position to kill the first thing that comes out of the pass.  Not much survives Gordin's Brave Bow, especially after a Rally Attack.

EDIT: Yep, definitely need Maria.  I'm gonna be busy!

Edited by eclipse