Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think the AI prefers to go ranged attack first.

Clearing the map with Narcian in the party is first priority. Killing Narcian with Narcian is second to that because Story 9-2 exists.

I second this. I assume your Frederick can demolish at least all of the non-Zephiel armors on that map, leaving the staff, Zephiel, and Narcian as easy pickings.

First part: As far as I've seen, this is indeed true.

Second part: Yeah, exactly.

Third part: Yup, my Freddy totally eats all non-sword armors that aren't Sheena. So you're right.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to skip over the kill Narcian with Narcian quest because my Narcian needs a lot of work, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask here. Is it easier to do this in the GHB or in the story chapter? Strategically, it's probably easier to do 9-2 because I don't have to deal with the funky terrain of the GHB, but it costs a LOT more stamina. 

22 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I was going to skip over the kill Narcian with Narcian quest because my Narcian needs a lot of work, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask here. Is it easier to do this in the GHB or in the story chapter? Strategically, it's probably easier to do 9-2 because I don't have to deal with the funky terrain of the GHB, but it costs a LOT more stamina. 

21 stamina for the story map versus 15 stamina for the Grand Hero Battle map? A difference of 6 stamina is just 30 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

21 stamina for the story map versus 15 stamina for the Grand Hero Battle map? A difference of 6 stamina is just 30 minutes.

But having to use 21 stamina multiple times stacks up quicker than using 15 stamina. If the quest is a bit easier to complete strategically on 9-2, then the extra 6 stamina is well spent. But if the difficulty is about the same, or 9-2 proves to be harder, I'm probably better off putting my effort into the GHB. Sorry! I should have clarified! It tends to take me 2 or 3 times to work out a solid strategy 

12 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

But having to use 21 stamina multiple times stacks up quicker than using 15 stamina. If the quest is a bit easier to complete strategically on 9-2, then the extra 6 stamina is well spent. But if the difficulty is about the same, or 9-2 proves to be harder, I'm probably better off putting my effort into the GHB. Sorry! I should have clarified! It tends to take me 2 or 3 times to work out a solid strategy 

Do you want to deal with a bunch of Grand Hero Battle enemies or Zephiel and his squad of Wary Fighter armors? That's really what it comes down to.

The wiki and the Serenes Forest main site have enemy stats for 9-2 if you want to do pre-battle calculations.

12 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Difference is that your Narcian doesn't need to live. If he gets the killing blow and dies, it still counts, as far as I recall.

That map is the one with Zephiel, Armors, one Cleric, and then Narcian. According to FEHeroes Gamepedia, that Narcian won't have Vengeance. The Armors are probably the most annoying with Wary Fighters all around but easier to cheese with a Tome.

Nobility and Vanity map data from FEHeroes Gamepedia

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you want to deal with a bunch of Grand Hero Battle enemies or Zephiel and his squad of Wary Fighter armors? That's really what it comes down to.

The wiki and the Serenes Forest main site have enemy stats for 9-2 if you want to do pre-battle calculations.

@Rafiel's Aria Mages murder these guys regardless, especially with dancer support. They're also easier to kite (remember how the Zephiel GHB went?), while Narcian has mages with a massive mountain barrier.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@Rafiel's Aria Mages murder these guys regardless, especially with dancer support. They're also easier to kite (remember how the Zephiel GHB went?), while Narcian has mages with a massive mountain barrier.

I'm thinking I can make it work with Nino, Sanaki, Olivia and Narcian. The biggest problem is Narcian because he's only 3 stars. Nino and Olivia can eliminate the armors easily, especially since Sanaki has swordbreaker. If I engage Narcian with Olivia once, and he attacks her, he SHOULD be left with 1 HP. And I think my 3 star Narcian with ATK+1 seal and a Hone ATK buff should be able to finish him off.

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm thinking I can make it work with Nino, Sanaki, Olivia and Narcian. The biggest problem is Narcian because he's only 3 stars. Nino and Olivia can eliminate the armors easily, especially since Sanaki has swordbreaker. If I engage Narcian with Olivia once, and he attacks her, he SHOULD be left with 1 HP. And I think my 3 star Narcian with ATK+1 seal and a Hone ATK buff should be able to finish him off.

My team: Nino, Linde, Olivia, Narcian. Narcian was 3* 31. He could deal one damage with Olivia's Hone Attack.

You've got my idea, and my idea worked.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

My team: Nino, Linde, Olivia, Narcian. Narcian was 3* 31. He could deal one damage with Olivia's Hone Attack.

You've got my idea, and my idea worked.

Phew. It took me a few tries because I miscalculated. Without Hone ATK, my Olivia didn't do quite enough damage to get Narcian's HP down to a manageable level. She needed to be buffed for one round and unbuffed for a second round, and that got his HP down to 3. My Narcian could do exactly 3 damage to him. XD

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Phew. It took me a few tries because I miscalculated. Without Hone ATK, my Olivia didn't do quite enough damage to get Narcian's HP down to a manageable level. She needed to be buffed for one round and unbuffed for a second round, and that got his HP down to 3. My Narcian could do exactly 3 damage to him. XD

...I honestly just winged mine. Linde and Nino somehow managed to knock him down to one HP between them with whatever buffs they may or may not have had (Nino has Hone Attack 2 Linde Fortify Resistance 3, and Olivia Hone Attack 3).

Spoiler

Finished the quests with a lvl 26 3* Narcian

I got bored and didnt want to train him up to lvl 40

So I decided to see if Jaffar would debuff boss Narcian enough so my Narcian coul finish him, and yes, it worked

Finally finished all quests. Killing Narcian with Narcian was huge pain. My unit either didn't do enough damage or they ORKO.  Funnily right man on softening boss was turned to be Alfonse.

Outside of that was piece of cake. Cordelia with drag back and Palla with reposition can clear it alone without single hitch. 

• 2 months later...

Horray, time for another revival of this thread, looks like he now has the infernal difficulty (I assume all returns will add this now plus beginning monologue speech) I don't think old strategies will work on this new difficulty. So it's back to square 1 for tips

Beat infernal with Alm, Celica, Nino and Ninian. Had to give Nino ardent sacrifice for my strategy to work. Started off by nuking the sword infantry with Celica then dance+draw back. Ardent was needed as Nino had to be in desperation range to kill the horse archer without dying to the counter.

Beat hard mode using Narcian to fight against himself. Funny enough, female Robin was MVP of the map since she was able to clear 3/5 units to keep everyone safe. Reinhardt chipped enemy Narcian so my Narcian could finish.

I'm closing this thread because it's old and doesn't have a useful opening post and the topic poster is no longer active. Use one of the newer threads that are hopefully going to be updated more betterly.

Edited by Ice Dragon