Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you like Anna, that's fine!

Use the tower to get 3* Corrin up to 4* (so get her to level 20, change her to 4*, then get her up to level 30 at minimum).  Do the arena missions to get 2,000 feathers.

Tiki's strength is warding physical attacks, not mages.  The big issue on Narcian's map are magical, and 9 Res will NOT cut it.

Do you mind taking a screenshot of the Edit Units screen?

Don't underestimate the power of Swap.

put it on this forum :)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you like Anna, that's fine!

Use the tower to get 3* Corrin up to 4* (so get her to level 20, change her to 4*, then get her up to level 30 at minimum).  Do the arena missions to get 2,000 feathers.

Tiki's strength is warding physical attacks, not mages.  The big issue on Narcian's map are magical, and 9 Res will NOT cut it.

Do you mind taking a screenshot of the Edit Units screen?

Don't underestimate the power of Swap.

Also your Global admin? your really nice some are not very nice :) also nice to see a female gamer being with one myself is always fun. 

There's plenty of female FE fans. I suppose it's one of those types of games that young women like eclipse truly enjoy and appreciate more-so than any other genre of gaming, like FPS or driving, etc.

9 hours ago, tailfin said:

Finally got him. I used a 5* Lvl 38 Lucina, 3* Lvl 32 Cherche ( who ORKO'd Narshen lol ) and Oboro and Lissa were my utility units. I needed to use Oboro's Rally DEF to buff Cherche's DEF so she could tank the Archer. After that it was just a matter of luring them out.

What does ORKO means? Anycase. Congrat

13 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I have over 90 Orbs right now but I intend to save them for later.

I'm assuming that the team I'd be using would be Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cordelia? Or is it Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cecilia?

Dang... Only have 22.

In anycase... Cecilia only because you hit range. Cordelia can fly over the mountain put can be hiding in the shadow majority of the time b/c Narshen or Bowman.

10 hours ago, AnnasNumber1fan! said:

Guys I am struggling with my team (No camilla closest thing is Narcian 2 star. nor Takumi/Lyn dont ask)  on hard I used 5 star Marth- Lvl 39 all max skills 5 star Tiki lvl37 ( Dragon Scion) 4 star Frederick lvl35 (Axe) 4 star Tharja lvl35 (Please minimum grinding as possible) My good reserves. (least grinding involved) 4 star  Anna-Lvl20 (waiting for 10k feathers for last Potential unlock) 4 star Est-Lvl18   Lastly all my other 4 stars: Female Corrin 4 star Roy 4 star Jagen 4 star Stahl 4 star 4 star Ogma 4 star Virion 4 also I have 3 star Robin 3 star other tiki 3 star Olivia also my only healer is 3 star Lissa.

The way I did it... (See struggle with Narcian 3*)

I used FCorrin to tank the first hit (I believe lv 35)

Then replace him with Roy 5* (lv 37). In that mountain spot where the opponent on the opposite side cant hit roy. Thus only one people can hit. Then Narcian will yolo himself. And definitely train your healer. (If you have Serra. Do Mend + Imbue ... if you dont. do ... best heal option + Imbue)

Edited by Ryuke

9 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

What does ORKO means?

In anycase... Cecilia only because you hit range. Cordelia can fly over the mountain put can be hiding in the shadow majority of the time b/c Narshen or Bowman.

ORKO = one round knock out (unit takes out opponent in a single round of combat usually in 2-4 hits; OHKO means 1-hit KO)

... Which is exactly what happened to Lyn when I did the Hard map. Ran Lyn, Effie, Lissa, and Cecilia. Not much issue taking out the sword fighter and Narcian, but the mounted blue mage easily took out Lyn. It's also hard to apply the correct buffs/heals with my units crowding up at chokepoint.

Should Cordelia be used at all and if so, which unit would she be replacing and how would I be doing the map differently?

Edited by Roflolxp54

9 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

The way I did it... (See struggle with Narcian 3*)

I used FCorrin to tank the first hit (I believe lv 35)

Then replace him with Roy 5* (lv 37). In that mountain spot where the opponent on the opposite side cant hit roy. Thus only one people can hit. Then Narcian will yolo himself. And definitely train your healer. (If you have Serra. Do Mend + Imbue ... if you dont. do ... best heal option + Imbue)

Not asking for myself (I sent him home for feathers, since I already have other, probably-better healers and Serra), but would Wrys be a workable option for Hard Narcian for people without Serra? Since he's the map character today, everyone can get him, and since he has Imbue-for-everyone as his proc skill, he could probably serve as a passable healer for this, yeah?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

9 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Not asking for myself (I sent him home for feathers, since I already have other, probably-better healers and Serra), but would Wrys be a workable option for Hard Narcian for people without Serra? Since he's the map character today, everyone can get him, and since he has Imbue-for-everyone as his proc skill, he could probably serve as a passable healer for this, yeah?

Hard to say

Reconcile+Imbue = 17 hp

Mend+Imbue = 25 hp

It depends on the infantry tank I would say. Every hp matters.

4 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Hard to say

Reconcile+Imbue = 17 hp

Mend+Imbue = 25 hp

It depends on the infantry tank I would say. Every hp matters.

Ah, that's a good point I hadn't thought of. And quite true, given how my Lyn kept getting killed in my failed normal runs (though she wouldn't have if I'd gotten Serra Imbue before I started going after Narcian).

I was thinking that Wrys would be able to heal everyone rather than just one unit, in case you needed multiple units to be healed on the same turn. I suppose that might not be necessary tho.

I managed to get the 3* version of Narcian.  I used Camilla to kill the Horse Archer and draw Narcian back.  I used Lilina to kill Narcian, which I think is fitting.  Thankfully, Camilla has pretty high Res.

Jeez, Effie is so strong. High damage, especially with Death Blow, really stellar Defense (as expected), and actually decent Res for an Armor unit. Top it all off, she has Wary Fighter too. Smite for support as well. Her only real weakness is that she only moves one square per turn, but unless you managed to kill her three allies without your units taking too much damage, you're gonna have a rough time taking her down before she mops you up late game.

Though, it seems Narcian is the perfect counter to her? Emerald Axe hits hard through her Defense, Vengeance for even more damage, and Lancebreaker. What happens when Lancebreaker meets Wary Fighter in Heroes? Does the Breaker get the doubling effect?

Finally cleared this bugger on hard couple hours ago. Team was young Tiki, Lyn, Jakob and Clarine.

Tiki was able to survive first baiting turn with rally resistance and spur speed (which was there for positioning reasons actually), then moved down to get healed by clarine while Lyn baited sword infantry and narcian. Then it was a question of moving down on that mountain pass while keeping either Tiki or Lyn healthy enough to survive an attack (Lyn's galeforce helped on getting this strategy going.

Blue mounted mage took combined efforts from Clarine's, Jakob's and Lyn's attacks to go down.

11 hours ago, AnnasNumber1fan! said:

Also your Global admin? your really nice some are not very nice :) also nice to see a female gamer being with one myself is always fun. 

Uh, thanks?  Just a reminder not to post multiple times in a row.  Use the Edit button instead!

Sorry for not getting to this sooner, I had to sleep.  After some arena matches, it looks like female Corrin's geared towards defense, and not resistance.  However, it also looks like the mages are blue/green, which means she has an outside chance of surviving (as long as Narcian stays the hell away).  I think the Stahl swap into Lissa's healing will work.  If Corrin dies to everything on the outside suicide point, you'll need Cecilia as your final member.

---

Camilla finally got a decent level, so I'm gonna give the Narcian map another shot soon.  I have no issues with her attack, but her bane is one of the defensive stats.  The rest of the team should be able to pull their weight since everyone's up to level 34-35.  I almost feel sorry for Narcian himself. . .he's about to run into two units that hard counter him. . .

Looks like with the current trained allies I have available, clearing the Hard version of the map is impossible for me.

Lyn gets ORKO'd by the mounted blue mage. Doesn't matter if she gets Rally Resistance or not - she will die.

Effie, Cordelia, Lissa, and likely Cecilia get ORKO'd by Narcian.

Cordelia can't ORKO the archer.

Effie can't OHKO the sword fighter.

Choke point makes maneuvering anybody effectively difficult.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Thought I'd share my strat since it uses units that might be a bit easier to get: M!Robin, Gordin, Olivia and Clarine. My M!Robin is 5*, but I believe a 4* or even 3* should be able to suffice if he's got enough levels under his belt, as he needs to tank. Olivia provides the all important Dance and Hone Attack 2 (or 3, if you have a 4*). Clarine is sort of just there. She could be replaced by any healer, though the 3 Move helps her maneuver around to heal without getting in every else's way. She was also 3* and Gordin was 4*.

Aside from maxing M!Robin's tankability, the most important benchmark is for Gordin to be able to hit 35 Atk after buffs. This allows him to one-round Narcian.

Anyway, first turn was pulling things from the left with M!Robin. Positioned Gordin right below Narcian with Olivia to his left. On enemy phase, the Blue Mage got hurt, the Sword Fighter flailed uselessly at M!Robin and Narcian charged straight at Gordin.

Second turn: Gordin murders that crap out of Narcian. M!Robin pulls back and Olivia Dances him to safety. I forgot to change Clarine over to Imbue here, though the extra HP ended up not really being needed.

Gordin with Hone Attack 2 can almost one-round the Green Mage despite the weapon disadvantage. The problem is that Gordin gets exploded on the counter, so M!Robin needs to land a proc to soften it up for Gordin to secure the kill. This means Clarine needs to get in two heals so M!Robin can fight without dying. Once that green bastard is out of the picture, M!Robin easily solos the Sword Fighter and Archer, while Gordin wrecks the Blue Mage. GG.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Uh, thanks?  Just a reminder not to post multiple times in a row.  Use the Edit button instead!

Sorry for not getting to this sooner, I had to sleep.  After some arena matches, it looks like female Corrin's geared towards defense, and not resistance.  However, it also looks like the mages are blue/green, which means she has an outside chance of surviving (as long as Narcian stays the hell away).  I think the Stahl swap into Lissa's healing will work.  If Corrin dies to everything on the outside suicide point, you'll need Cecilia as your final member.

---

Camilla finally got a decent level, so I'm gonna give the Narcian map another shot soon.  I have no issues with her attack, but her bane is one of the defensive stats.  The rest of the team should be able to pull their weight since everyone's up to level 34-35.  I almost feel sorry for Narcian himself. . .he's about to run into two units that hard counter him. . .

Okay thanks :D 

Story time~!

Spoiler

fqiqVrn.jpg

Camilla hopped over the mountain, and thanks to Fortify Defense, was able to survive everything with 2 HP.  Gordin shoved her out of the way.  By then, Narcian was more-or-less an easy target for everyone.  I'll replicate this feat in FE6 one day!

d5M8Mcx.jpg

I was able to use Camilla to separate the mages from the swordie.  One mage fell to Camilla.  The other learned why Raigh hates horses.  Thanks to Fortify Defense + Fear, this soldier is walled by Gordin, leaving him easy pickings for Raigh and Sakura.  I imagine Gordin is suppressing giggles, since he's ticklish.

SSDoUbw.jpg

Pacifism FTW.

1abQdHo.jpg

Good riddance.

Narcian get, with 4 4* units!

Hi everyone, I'm really looking for some help. I desperately want him but don't really know where to begin (not really good at this game to be honest). I was hoping that someone could give me suggestions about what to do. Here are my units.

Four star: Raigh, Oboro, Chrom, Hawkeye, Ogma, Arthur, Nino, Kagero

No five stars, really no (decent) fliers. Everyone but Nino and Kagero are early 20s. I don't care about Hard mode, I just want to beat him regularly.

Am I kinda done with no good archer or fliers? Anyone here got a chance of surviving? 

Edited by LevinSword

Just now, LevinSword said:

Am I kinda done with no archer or fliers? Anyone here got a chance of surviving? 

I recommend bringing an archer if you have one. If not, bring a red magic user so that they can take out Narcian. Also, you might want to train up a bit more; probably to level 30 if you want to get out of this with as few restarts as possible.

2 minutes ago, LevinSword said:

Hi everyone, I'm really looking for some help. I desperately want him but don't really know where to begin (not really good at this game to be honest). I was hoping that someone could give me suggestions about what to do. Here are my units.

Four star: Raigh, Oboro, Chrom, Hawkeye, Ogma, Arthur, Nino, Kagero

No five stars, really no (decent) fliers. Everyone but Nino and Kagero are early 20s. I don't care about Hard mode, I just want to beat him regularly.

Am I kinda done with no good archer or fliers? Anyone here got a chance of surviving? 

Who ELSE is on your team?  If you don't have a flier, you'll need to rely on someone that's really tanky/other shenanigans.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Who ELSE is on your team?  If you don't have a flier, you'll need to rely on someone that's really tanky/other shenanigans.

I have only one flier, Tsubaki with one star (so pretty much useless). I didn't reroll but have gotten really unlucky since. My only archers are Virion, at 2 stars and Niles at three.

Other than that, at three stars, I have Lon'qu, Olivia, Stahl, Sophia, Donny, Wendy, Barst, Cecelia, Niles, and Serra.

I could grind up some levels, if that helps, but it gets so painfully slow after 20 that it's hard to do, especially since my units aren't that great. Not sure I have anyone that could fit under tanky. Unlikely I could pull another roll before the event ends (at least not a full one of 5 units).  

1 minute ago, Honestly Vitali said:

I have only one flier, Tsubaki with one star (so pretty much useless). I didn't reroll but have gotten really unlucky since. My only archers are Virion, at 2 stars and Niles at three.

Other than that, at three stars, I have Lon'qu, Olivia, Stahl, Sophia, Donny, Wendy, Barst, Cecelia, Niles, and Serra.

I could grind up some levels, if that helps, but it gets so painfully slow after 20 that it's hard to do, especially since my units aren't that great. Not sure I have anyone that could fit under tanky. Unlikely I could pull another roll before the event ends (at least not a full one of 5 units).  

Wendy is a tank.  You really need a healer, but you also need to move Wendy.  If you can explode the sword guy and archer, Niles would be able to clean up nicely.  On the easier of the two maps, try a team of Wendy, Stahl, Niles, and Serra.  Stahl's job is to move Wendy and take out Narcian.  Niles will kill mages and maybe throw an arrow at Narcian.  Wendy should be able to handle the rest.  Serra's job is to heal (but if she gets Fear, use it).

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wendy is a tank.  You really need a healer, but you also need to move Wendy.  If you can explode the sword guy and archer, Niles would be able to clean up nicely.  On the easier of the two maps, try a team of Wendy, Stahl, Niles, and Serra.  Stahl's job is to move Wendy and take out Narcian.  Niles will kill mages and maybe throw an arrow at Narcian.  Wendy should be able to handle the rest.  Serra's job is to heal (but if she gets Fear, use it).

Wow, thanks so much! I'll raise those guys up and see if I can take it on. This is exactly what I needed. 

If the Chrom listed in your first post is trained, you could deploy him if you're willing to use a slot mostly to kill Narcian. If you position Chrom just below the mountains (horizontally aligned with Narcian) while keeping everyone else clear, if you pull from the left, Narcian will beeline the closest target: Chrom. Thanks to the Emerald Axe further ruining his ability to fight swords, Chrom should eat his face without taking a scratch. This positioning means that Chrom might not be able to do much else to help the team, though. Stahl will have worse stats, but more Move, so if you train him, he could probably take on Narcian and also make it back in time to help for a turn or two.

5 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

If the Chrom listed in your first post is trained, you could deploy him if you're willing to use a slot mostly to kill Narcian. If you position Chrom just below the mountains (horizontally aligned with Narcian) while keeping everyone else clear, if you pull from the left, Narcian will beeline the closest target: Chrom. Thanks to the Emerald Axe further ruining his ability to fight swords, Chrom should eat his face without taking a scratch. This positioning means that Chrom might not be able to do much else to help the team, though. Stahl will have worse stats, but more Move, so if you train him, he could probably take on Narcian and also make it back in time to help for a turn or two.

Hm, not sure if he's properly trained (I sorta wandered into this game blind), but here are his stats if that helps. 

Chrom LV24
HP 30
Atk 34
Spd 17
Def 25
Res 10 

Silver Sword, Sol, Defiant Defense 1, Spur Def 1

I really appreciate all the help!