Grand Hero Battle: Narcian

Splondir

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Wendy is a tank.  You really need a healer, but you also need to move Wendy.  If you can explode the sword guy and archer, Niles would be able to clean up nicely.  On the easier of the two maps, try a team of Wendy, Stahl, Niles, and Serra.  Stahl's job is to move Wendy and take out Narcian.  Niles will kill mages and maybe throw an arrow at Narcian.  Wendy should be able to handle the rest.  Serra's job is to heal (but if she gets Fear, use it).

How exactly am I supposed to get that archer? Wendy can take the first hit from the blue mage knight and takes no damage from the swordsman, but by the second turn the green unit mage comes down and kills her (Serra can only heal for 10 or so damage, bringing her up to 12 HP while the green mage knight is doubling for close to 60). I have pull back and swap (on Stahl), but I'm sure I'm using them correctly.  

Levels are Serra at 21, Wendy at 21, Niles at 19+1, and 19+2. It's getting hard to level much higher, since the Tower either gives 0 EXP or kills me. But even if I were 5 or so levels higher, I don't see how to deal with that green mage unit. 

Edited by Honestly Vitali

7 minutes ago, Honestly Vitali said:

How exactly am I supposed to get that archer? Wendy can take the first hit from the blue mage knight and takes no damage from the swordsman, but by the second turn the green unit mage comes down and kills her (Serra can only heal for 10 or so damage, bringing her up to 12 HP while the green mage knight is doubling for close to 60). I have pull back and swap (on Stahl), but I'm sure I'm using them correctly.  

Levels are Serra at 21, Wendy at 21, Niles at 19+1, and 19+2. It's getting hard to level much higher, since the Tower either gives 0 EXP or kills me. But even if I were 5 or so levels higher, I don't see how to deal with that green mage unit. 

You'll need to level everyone up by at least 4.  The trick to the tower is to take a stratum whose max level isn't too high.  My rule is "no higher than my strongest unit + 2".  If the tower doesn't give you what you want, assemble a team of 4 level 1 units and putz around in the Starting Stratum to reroll the enemies.

It took grinding F!Corrin from 3 star to 4 star level 34, but, she was able to slot into my team alongside Lyn, Lucina, and 4 star Nino(Catria had to sit this one out, it just wasn't her map) at 40/40/37 and fulfill the only job I needed her to do, which was stand in the death space and survive one EP. After that it was just grinding down the enemies as they funneled through the chokepoint. Even still, that Blue swordbreaker mage was brutal, considering what half of my team was, but I managed to get through. I don't even like or particularly want Narcian, but on the trophy case he goes, I suppose.

15 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Thought I'd share my strat since it uses units that might be a bit easier to get: M!Robin, Gordin, Olivia and Clarine. My M!Robin is 5*, but I believe a 4* or even 3* should be able to suffice if he's got enough levels under his belt, as he needs to tank. Olivia provides the all important Dance and Hone Attack 2 (or 3, if you have a 4*). Clarine is sort of just there. She could be replaced by any healer, though the 3 Move helps her maneuver around to heal without getting in every else's way. She was also 3* and Gordin was 4*.

Aside from maxing M!Robin's tankability, the most important benchmark is for Gordin to be able to hit 35 Atk after buffs. This allows him to one-round Narcian.

Anyway, first turn was pulling things from the left with M!Robin. Positioned Gordin right below Narcian with Olivia to his left. On enemy phase, the Blue Mage got hurt, the Sword Fighter flailed uselessly at M!Robin and Narcian charged straight at Gordin.

Second turn: Gordin murders that crap out of Narcian. M!Robin pulls back and Olivia Dances him to safety. I forgot to change Clarine over to Imbue here, though the extra HP ended up not really being needed.

Gordin with Hone Attack 2 can almost one-round the Green Mage despite the weapon disadvantage. The problem is that Gordin gets exploded on the counter, so M!Robin needs to land a proc to soften it up for Gordin to secure the kill. This means Clarine needs to get in two heals so M!Robin can fight without dying. Once that green bastard is out of the picture, M!Robin easily solos the Sword Fighter and Archer, while Gordin wrecks the Blue Mage. GG.

Dude, thank you so much for this!!!!! You made my day!!! Beat hard on my second try following this strategy. I had tried a lot of other listed strategies and yours was by far the easiest to execute, imho. Could obviously be my roster, but isn't it always? Lol.

For those interested: 5* Robin lvl 40, 4* Gordin lvl 30, 4* Olivia lvl 24, 3* Clarine lvl 17

Yup. It can be that easy. :D

Finally got him on normal using a similar strategy to one posted before  (the one where you lure the blue mage with a flier to block the bow knight while you take out the other guys).

Lyn took the initial charge to lure the blue mage and swordie, then retreated and Beruka kept the blue mage halted. Jakob and Beruka took out Narcian and then Jakob and Lucina cleaned up.

I hope this isn't the standard for future time-limited events. It was way too hard on normal.

This was my team:

KojPHiI.png

Edited by Book Bro

I signed up on this site because I want some advice about this map on normal mode, as I only have one day left and still need to grind a little (so hard mode is no option), and I'm afraid that this might be the only chance to ever get Narcian. 

The team I'm planning to train now is Ogma, Nowi, Merric and Felicia, who are all at level 20 now, all of them are four stars. I don't have any of the legendary heroes or five star heroes, so those are out of the question anyways.

My other four star heroes are Nino, Barst, Gaius and Lissa. Nino is a less useful Merric imo, Barst is similar to Ogma but a different type, and Gaius is strong but doesn't have a special skill like Felicia, so the only other one that might be worth training is Lissa I think. Do you think that I will make it if I train these four to lv 25 or a bit higher, or could Lissa be useful? 

11 minutes ago, juuldude said:

I signed up on this site because I want some advice about this map on normal mode, as I only have one day left and still need to grind a little (so hard mode is no option), and I'm afraid that this might be the only chance to ever get Narcian. 

The team I'm planning to train now is Ogma, Nowi, Merric and Felicia, who are all at level 20 now, all of them are four stars. I don't have any of the legendary heroes or five star heroes, so those are out of the question anyways.

My other four star heroes are Nino, Barst, Gaius and Lissa. Nino is a less useful Merric imo, Barst is similar to Ogma but a different type, and Gaius is strong but doesn't have a special skill like Felicia, so the only other one that might be worth training is Lissa I think. Do you think that I will make it if I train these four to lv 25 or a bit higher, or could Lissa be useful? 

I think you can do it with those four, Nowi can take the innitial beating of the sword and mage/archer I believe, while also counterattacking.

Just now, Birdy said:

I think you can do it with those four, Nowi can take the innitial beating of the sword and mage/archer I believe, while also counterattacking.

That's what I was thinking of as well, luckily she has great defense. I'm not sure yet how to use the others, I especially need to be careful with Ogma as any mage can instantly KO him.

3 minutes ago, juuldude said:

I beat the Normal map a couple days ago, though with a higher-leveled team (4-Star M!Robin, 5-Star Lyn, 5-Star Roy, 3-Star Serra, all around Level 28 except Serra), but yours seems better suited to this map (mainly because you have Nowi) and here's my advice:

1) Bring Lissa. You're gonna need healing, at least if my experience is any indication. And give her Imbue, too, unless you really need the extra attack power.

2) For other party members, Ogma's a good choice for Narcian-slaying, and Nowi and Merric are probably good for tanking in the mountain chokepoint (it's on the left, right above where you start). Bench Felicia for this one.

3) First turn, put Nowi out on the first square that can be hit by enemies in the chokepoint (I don't remember where exactly that is, sorry) so she can tank the sword fighter and the mage-cav (I was able to do this with M!Robin, so you should be able to make that strat work better with Nowi if she can survive the turn), move Ogma directly below Narcian as far up as he can go (should be obstructed by mountains, that's okay) so that when Narcian starts moving he should start moving toward Ogma.

3.5) If Nowi can't handle the first turn assault, maybe put Merric up there instead if he has good Defense (to tank a WTA-boosted hit from the sword fighter), then pull him back and have Nowi occupy the square below where he was so she can tank.

4) Second turn, Pull Nowi back and have Lissa heal her, then have Merric go one square below where Nowi was and damage the sword fighter (might be able to finish him off after Nowi... dunno if he'll be able to tank the sword fighter if he can't kill, but he should be able to if he has good defense... I'm kinda basing this on my experience with my M!Robin's better-than-it-probably-should-be Defense). Don't move Ogma unless Narcian isn't going directly toward him (which I've heard he should, but he went left on my successful run and I had to bait him with Roy, so I dunno if that'll work for certain, you'll have to try it yourself, sorry).

5) On the second or third Enemy Phase, Narcian should kill himself on Ogma, freeing him up to go after the mage-cavs and archer who should funnel themselves down the chokepoint with the rest of your party. If Narcian moves left, you'll have to change this strategy since he'll murder Nowi free (and maybe Merric, dunno about that because I don't have Merric... or Nowi, or anyone on the team I'm recommending for you except Lissa, haha).

6) After this, it just comes down to your team vs. the mage-cavs (if they're alive, which they might be, both were on my run) and the archer (who should be alive, I think, unless maybe he goes after Nowi and dies when she Lightning Breaths him). I think you should be alright with just putting Nowi and Merric out there and having Lissa heal them, but I dunno, you may want to have Ogma nearby in case you need someone to tank an archer hit (I had Robin kill one mage-cav, and my 1/2-HP Lyn and barely-over-1/2-HP Roy finished the other mage-cav and the archer after tanking an archer hit).

I dunno if any of this will actually help you, but that's what I'm thinking you could do.

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I beat the Normal map a couple days ago, though with a higher-leveled team (4-Star M!Robin, 5-Star Lyn, 5-Star Roy, 3-Star Serra, all around Level 28 except Serra), but yours seems better suited to this map (mainly because you have Nowi) and here's my advice:

1) Bring Lissa. You're gonna need healing, at least if my experience is any indication. And give her Imbue, too, unless you really need the extra attack power.

2) For other party members, Ogma's a good choice for Narcian-slaying, and Nowi and Merric are probably good for tanking in the mountain chokepoint (it's on the left, right above where you start). Bench Felicia for this one.

3) First turn, put Nowi out on the first square that can be hit by enemies in the chokepoint (I don't remember where exactly that is, sorry) so she can tank the sword fighter and the mage-cav (I was able to do this with M!Robin, so you should be able to make that strat work better with Nowi if she can survive the turn), move Ogma directly below Narcian as far up as he can go (should be obstructed by mountains, that's okay) so that when Narcian starts moving he should start moving toward Ogma.

3.5) If Nowi can't handle the first turn assault, maybe put Merric up there instead if he has good Defense (to tank a WTA-boosted hit from the sword fighter), then pull him back and have Nowi occupy the square below where he was so she can tank.

4) Second turn, Pull Nowi back and have Lissa heal her, then have Merric go one square below where Nowi was and damage the sword fighter (might be able to finish him off after Nowi... dunno if he'll be able to tank the sword fighter if he can't kill, but he should be able to if he has good defense... I'm kinda basing this on my experience with my M!Robin's better-than-it-probably-should-be Defense). Don't move Ogma unless Narcian isn't going directly toward him (which I've heard he should, but he went left on my successful run and I had to bait him with Roy, so I dunno if that'll work for certain, you'll have to try it yourself, sorry).

5) On the second or third Enemy Phase, Narcian should kill himself on Ogma, freeing him up to go after the mage-cavs and archer who should funnel themselves down the chokepoint with the rest of your party. If Narcian moves left, you'll have to change this strategy since he'll murder Nowi free (and maybe Merric, dunno about that because I don't have Merric... or Nowi, or anyone on the team I'm recommending for you except Lissa, haha).

6) After this, it just comes down to your team vs. the mage-cavs (if they're alive, which they might be, both were on my run) and the archer (who should be alive, I think, unless maybe he goes after Nowi and dies when she Lightning Breaths him). I think you should be alright with just putting Nowi and Merric out there and having Lissa heal them, but I dunno, you may want to have Ogma nearby in case you need someone to tank an archer hit (I had Robin kill one mage-cav, and my 1/2-HP Lyn and barely-over-1/2-HP Roy finished the other mage-cav and the archer after tanking an archer hit).

I dunno if any of this will actually help you, but that's what I'm thinking you could do.

Wow, thanks a lot, this is incredibly helpful and well written I have to say! I think Lissa might be better than Felicia here when I read your recommendation, as Felicia does not have any strenghts, so I might as well use Lissa to keep my other units strong. I think Merric is comparable to Robin, and he has decent defense with a lot of hp. As for Nowi, she's kind of like Tiki but a little less strong (and no red type of course) in my opinion.

Edited by juuldude

1 hour ago, juuldude said:

Wow, thanks a lot, this is incredibly helpful and well written I have to say! I think Lissa might be better than Felicia here when I read your recommendation, as Felicia does not have any strenghts, so I might as well use Lissa to keep my other units strong. I think Merric is comparable to Robin, and he has decent defense with a lot of hp. As for Nowi, she's kind of like Tiki but a little less strong (and no red type of course) in my opinion.

Nowi also has a ranged counter.  This will help you to whittle down whoever attacks her at a distance.

1 hour ago, juuldude said:

Ah, thanks, mate!

Although, Felicia does have strengths (from what I have on my 3-Star Felicia, she has great Resistance (and the Resistance + skills to bolster it further), and probably good Speed, debuffs are probably nice, and Breath of Life lets her heal nearby allies after combats, so she can be a supportive Mage-killer, but her low Defense is a problem, and I'm not sure she can deal any damage because I don't use her much any more), they just don't help enough to justify using her here (from my experience, with no flying unit, you need a Red for Narcian-baiting, two durable units, and a healer, and while Felicia could maybe act as a healer and deal with those mage-cavs if she could handle combat, you probably don't want to risk her getting attacked by the archer, I'm not sure she'd survive it). Unless you meant that your Felicia's Attack hadn't grown since you got her, in which case, ouch.
If that's not the case though, you could probably make her work if Lissa just isn't growing fast enough. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you have to, I'm sure it can be done (on Normal, anyway).

Good to hear Merric can probably work in Robin's place. I was kinda worrying about that, and having a lot of HP probably makes him a little better for this map than my Robin was.

Also, your Nowi has Lightning Breath, right? Because that gives her the ability to counter at 1 and 2 range so she can counterattack the mage-cavs and the sword fighter (which you probably want). You should try to get her that before you attempt Narcian.

Edited by ILikeKirbys
Added A Thought, Made Post Slightly Longer

I had difficulty with that map, even with my 5 Star Level 35+ Team consisting of Linde, Robin, Young Tiki, and Marth. My biggest problem was my lack of a good Green Unit. I only have a 4 Star Arthur, Raven and Nino, but they are rather subpar, so I didn't bother training them beyond level 20. 

I did manage to beat the hard version of Narcian's since Robin was able to tank the hits from the Sword Fighter and the Blue Cavalier. I had my unit's retreat while Linde continued to heal Robin with Ardent Sacrifice. That way, I was able to lure the enemies around the choke point and pick them off one by one. Narcian was really easy to defeat with Marth and Tiki.

Once I recruited Narcian, I was easily able to transform him into a 4 Star unit since I had a plethora of feathers and Green Badges. I'm not impressed with his skills and arsenal. Camilla is obviously better. My only good flier is a 5 Star Caeda, and she's garbage. -_-

I am so close I can almost taste it with your guy's advice, which I am so pleased with since I thought I had zero chance. I'm almost there, but I get stuck way at the end. This final push will cinch it. 

Here's my team now: Serra (28), Wendy (28), Niles (28+1), and Stahl (26+2). 

Spoiler

?ui=2&ik=14ae2076d1&view=fimg&th=15a33a2bf15235c7&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=15a33a2a3ff1e91e0201&attbid=ANGjdJ8gCVuPH_GpbXAD0iefLpURXWZc9DQQ3dS5NBbTmV0MBnNQ5_rIPqfiG02ja1XaunyW7KX1gfpJQtPRglMubgzcb8iG1j4ptBHpkwJyuV-p2_mZGWS_wuru2jE&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1486925019801&rm=15a33a2bf15235c7&zw&atsh=1

First, I move Wendy into range to take the first attacks. 

?ui=2&ik=14ae2076d1&view=fimg&th=15a33a2bf15235c7&attid=0.2&disp=emb&realattid=15a33a2b46782d7f4212&attbid=ANGjdJ_z4mdl4TsZzjy7a4QsrIACe4I3EMwfKdbFgAhh06i2B5ILQvRuI9DyqgwQluJPuq-vo9M0LxjS7Mq0lDKVx3pFO_6xMDMvY5FmTLE_zj8m-5qf7CsKOIIMnto&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1486925019802&rm=15a33a2bf15235c7&zw&atsh=1

Then I have her pull back the sword user and Narcian attacks Stahl. I can finish him off with either Niles or Stahl.

Spoiler

?ui=2&ik=14ae2076d1&view=fimg&th=15a33a318a32a7f2&attid=0.3&disp=emb&realattid=15a33a2f881e71e08221&attbid=ANGjdJ-J0ESEmUT2IXHlYickM21mFofROykaiTiDkpfuNcIzpLjjr3Kxt_G3sKelAfvT-t25Cy4z6emRwZDtqE5O-WTXZhbhE_RQm21yv_5RNbUVjYMAPmQ8AMN8biQ&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1486925019804&rm=15a33a318a32a7f2&zw&atsh=1

Then I end up in a situation like this. That Blue Mage Knight is a nightmare, so I feel like I'm hiding from him. 

Spoiler

?ui=2&ik=14ae2076d1&view=fimg&th=15a33a318a32a7f2&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=15a33a309844b641c232&attbid=ANGjdJ9za4owIO5pjO7noTu7oRyy_rf4djD-k_deAGZTnTNBiNZB1LH8EIWAtKXt6G9k0mxp-N9cssz3jhRhyOeHHHVvXBLSLDX-sifWNThm5Z8i0es4VlTLMkefEho&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1486925019804&rm=15a33a318a32a7f2&zw&atsh=1

I got this far this time. I decided to move Niles out of the way and heal Wendy (in case she could be killed by the mage), but the archer did 20 damage and killed Serra. 

Any more advice for mopping up those last mages and archer?

23 minutes ago, Honestly Vitali said:

I am so close I can almost taste it with your guy's advice, which I am so pleased with since I thought I had zero chance. I'm almost there, but I get stuck way at the end. This final push will cinch it. 

Here's my team now: Serra (28), Wendy (28), Niles (28+1), and Stahl (26+2). 

Reveal hidden contents

Then I have her pull back the sword user and Narcian attacks Stahl. I can finish him off with either Niles or Stahl.

Reveal hidden contents

Then I end up in a situation like this. That Blue Mage Knight is a nightmare, so I feel like I'm hiding from him. 

Reveal hidden contents

I got this far this time. I decided to move Niles out of the way and heal Wendy (in case she could be killed by the mage), but the archer did 20 damage and killed Serra. 

Any more advice for mopping up those last mages and archer?

What happened to your pictures?

1 minute ago, Honestly Vitali said:

Can you not see them? They show up just fine in the spoilers for me. Here's an imgur link to the gallery: http://imgur.com/a/vfoTD

Thanks for the imgur link, I can see them now!

In the third picture, can Wendy tank one blue mage attack?  Can Niles survive one round with the bow guy?  Both of these are worst-case scenario attacks, but if my theory is correct, you won't need either.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Thanks for the imgur link, I can see them now!

In the third picture, can Wendy tank one blue mage attack?  Can Niles survive one round with the bow guy?  Both of these are worst-case scenario attacks, but if my theory is correct, you won't need either.

I tried healing Niles instead, getting Serra out of the danger zone, and I think Wendy can take the extra hit from the blue mage, but the only issue is that when she attacks that archer, she pulls him back, which brought Serra back into range. Though I suppose I could try swapping Stahl there instead so she can't move back. I don't think that would put him in range of the blue mage. Let me try.

7 minutes ago, Honestly Vitali said:

I tried healing Niles instead, getting Serra out of the danger zone, and I think Wendy can take the extra hit from the blue mage, but the only issue is that when she attacks that archer, she pulls him back, which brought Serra back into range. Though I suppose I could try swapping Stahl there instead so she can't move back. I don't think that would put him in range of the blue mage. Let me try.

The AI has one hard rule: Attacks come first.  If things pan out like how I think they will, you should be able to win.

I'd love to be able to get Narcian (even just at 2* - I don't mind having to raise his rank), but I'm not sure if it'll be possible...

My main/highest working team is 5* Fae (19), 4* Felicia (17), 3* Florina (17), and 4* Clarine (22) - I've only managed to have one other pull (dumped the first 16 orbs after the original 20 into exp upgrades...linked my Nintendo account for the last 10, so my castle's fully upgraded, now)...which netted me a 3* Donnel, 4* Donnel (4), 4* Sully (4), 4* Odin (1), and 5* Sheena (1)...I also have 3* Eliwood (10), 2* Raigh (11), 2* Olivia (5), and 2* Wrys (1)...should I try to train a team, or just pass it up?

Edited by Luna of Dragonblood

53 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The AI has one hard rule: Attacks come first.  If things pan out like how I think they will, you should be able to win.

Eh, nope, still not yet. If I could get Stahl to be able to take that archer attack I think I could pull it off, but I'm not sure I'll be able to with the time left. I'll keep trying, though. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I did it! I'm so thrilled, thank you for all of your help, especially eclipse. I took switching out Niles for a four-star Raigh instead. The Blue Mage came down instead of the archer, who Raigh could kill due to his special against horses weapon. Then Stahl ran up and took care of the last archer. 
Thank you all so much!! A good luck to everyone else. As you can see above, I was moments from giving up. Don't! Keep mixing thing up and keep trying. 

6 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I'd love to be able to get Narcian (even just at 2* - I don't mind having to raise his rank), but I'm not sure if it'll be possible...

My main/highest working team is 5* Fae (19), 4* Felicia (17), 3* Florina (17), and 4* Clarine (22) - I've only managed to have one other pull (dumped the first 16 orbs after the original 20 into exp upgrades...linked my Nintendo account for the last 10, so my castle's fully upgraded, now)...which netted me a 3* Donnel, 4* Donnel (4), 4* Sully (4), 4* Odin (1), and 5* Sheena (1)...I also have 3* Eliwood (10), 2* Raigh (11), 2* Olivia (5), and 2* Wrys (1)...should I try to train a team, or just pass it up?

Do you want to use every last Stamina Potion for Narcian?  I think it's possible, but the only person on your main team that I'd use is Clarine.

5 minutes ago, Honestly Vitali said:

Eh, nope, still not yet. If I could get Stahl to be able to take that archer attack I think I could pull it off, but I'm not sure I'll be able to with the time left. I'll keep trying, though. Thanks for the help!

From the third picture: Heal Wendy, then have her walk up to the green mage and stay there.  DO NOT ATTACK.  Next, check to see whether or not Niles can ORKO the green mage, and do the following:

- If he's unable to do so, park him behind Wendy
- If he can,

The goal is to keep all three enemies alive.  Since the AI prioritizes attacking, the archer will go after Wendy.  The green mage will attack Niles/Stahl, and not die.  Stahl should be able to take the green mage's attack and live.  On the next turn, kill the green mage with Niles, heal Niles, and have Wendy stay put.  Niles should be able to take a single attack from the archer.  On the turn after that, Wendy should be able to kill the archer (otherwise, Serra will need to survive an attack against him).

Just now, eclipse said:

Do you want to use every last Stamina Potion for Narcian?  I think it's possible, but the only person on your main team that I'd use is Clarine.

I definitely planned on using Clarine--healing seems paramount. But, uh, if it'd take a whopping 10 stamina potions for him...errrrr, maybe he's not worth it...

2 minutes ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

I definitely planned on using Clarine--healing seems paramount. But, uh, if it'd take a whopping 10 stamina potions for him...errrrr, maybe he's not worth it...

Maybe not quite that many.  The team I had in mind was Sheena, Sully, Eliwood, and Clarine.  Sheena would need the lion's share of levels to tank, Sully would move Sheena around, Eliwood would kill Narcian, and Clarine would heal Sheena.  Once you get the sword guy out of the way, and Sheena has enough Speed to not be doubled by the mages (without Clarine's help), the level would be doable.