Bosses are impossible to hit

I am in chapter 8x and I just cannot beat the fucking boss, my units just can't touch him. This is because thrones are horribly unbalanced and all the weapons have shit accuracy. The weapon triangle is void if lances can still beat axes because they get the same chance to hit in a fight between them, 60%-60%. Meanwhile sword units get 100% hit even against lance units.

The game is actually very simple and easy (in a bad way) up to this point with only the bosses being an unfun rngfest. This is absolutely terrible gameplay, can't believe people unironically suggest this is a good fire emblem, or even a good PLAYABLE game. I guess being untraslated and old still gives it a free-pass no matter how terrible of a game it is.

Trust me, the game gets a lot easier after this point. Chapter 8x is actually a significant hurdle in this game, one remarkably few are actually able to overcome. The only reasons the bosses suck is because the thrones themselves are bullshit.

Just now, Eleanor Hume said:

Have you Rutger for this chapter?

Because he's the only one who has decent hitrate and could even double. Just make the boss to equip the hand axe to have weapon advantage.

Also I agree with the stupidity of FE6's throne boosts. However the nerf of axes and lances annoys me even more.

No I didn't get Rutger for this chapter and in fact I benched him because I have had enough edgelord myrmidons that-are-out-for-revenge in fire emblems.

I saw the map only had easy units so I guessed it would be great opportunity to bring the others up and now I just can't beat the boss, I do pitiful damage and even the two mages can't damage him enough *if they even hit*.

I guess I now know why people suggest to use the prepromotes, it's not because the game is challenging, it is just the bosses are just a stat comparison for who has the strongest avoid and hit rate rng jesus.

Not using Rutger is basically a self imposed challenge in FE6's earlygame.  

Swordmasters are an incredibly broken class here, what with the high avoid rates, +30 crit on all attacks, and constant doubling.  

After you get over 8x, though, the bosses ease up, on Normal.

you should use Rutger, or at least Oujay or Dieck.

Also, is the boss that difficult. I don't recall correctly, but he wasn't too hard to defeat, but oh well.

If you have Oujay at least leveled up, since he excels more in speed, or Marcus, then go straight to kill the guy, hoping to eat. Or have Shanna hit him. I can't really give much more of advice because honestly, I don't really remember how I exactly beat the guy. You could try to gang up on him, if he can't ORKO your characters.

2 hours ago, Nickdos said:

I am in chapter 8x and I just cannot beat the fucking boss, my units just can't touch him. This is because thrones are horribly unbalanced and all the weapons have shit accuracy. The weapon triangle is void if lances can still beat axes because they get the same chance to hit in a fight between them, 60%-60%. Meanwhile sword units get 100% hit even against lance units.

The game is actually very simple and easy (in a bad way) up to this point with only the bosses being an unfun rngfest. This is absolutely terrible gameplay, can't believe people unironically suggest this is a good fire emblem, or even a good PLAYABLE game. I guess being untraslated and old still gives it a free-pass no matter how terrible of a game it is.

It's a good game(structurally...mostly anyway), but the RNG is wonky as all heck(it has other issues, but that's the main one)! It's literally the thing that keeps me, and probably many others, from really liking this game. (Also, thrones in FE6 give the bosses much bigger bonuses then say FE7.)

If it interests you(and your drive to playthrough the game has reached it's end), you could try getting a rebalance hack for FE6 here on the Forums. Haven't tried it myself, but it pretty much gives it the system FE7 has, which is FE6's but WAY more polished and refined!

(Had to look for it manually since the main forum's list of links in the "Fan Hack Directory" aren't working properly right now)

Edited by Busterman64