Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

If I were you, I'd simply restart. Your team isn't that bad and can be salvaged after some effort, but it would be much easier to restart your game now and learn from the mistakes of your first playthrough.

I think you will lose the 10k feathers gift that was given recently, but it doesn't look like you had any intention of using the "unlock potential" option anyway. You never know, you may pull a 5* unit on your first try, or a unit you like. If not, you can simply keep restarting until you do.

Edited by Raven

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the difficulty is fine, what needs to be changed is the grind difficulty vs stamina system. I'm trying to net a team of level 33-35 units some of their last few levels by grinding the eighth stratum, but even with all the castle upgrades, a level 33 unit killing a level 40 enemy only gains a couple hundred exp vs. the thousands they need to level up. It's bearable, but progress is slow because I can only play it a few times before the 8 stamina cost ends my session. I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do once the higher stratums are costing 16-20 stamina a pop.

9 minutes ago, Raven said:

If I were you, I'd simply restart. Your team isn't that bad and can be salvaged after some effort, but it would be much easier to restart your game now and learn from the mistakes of your first playthrough.

I think you will lose the 10k feathers gift that was given recently, but it doesn't look like you had any intention of using the "unlock potential" option anyway. You never know, you may pull a 5* unit on your first try, or a unit you like. If not, you can simply keep restarting until you do.

No way, I'm not giving up that Frederick I put so much work into. And there's no guarantee that I'd get him again. I think he can be a four star pull, but there's always the chance I'll get him at three stars again too.

And as you pointed out, I wouldn't have those free 10,000 feathers which let me upgrade three star Freddy to four stars in the first place (as well as Sharena to three stars).

I will admit I did make some mistakes during battles, but I don't believe I made any otherwise. I'll spend some money to get more pulls some time. I've actually hardly been spending my money on anything as it is, so there's really no better time to do it.

15 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Manaketes target Res, so Fred's low res and middling speed aren't helping his case against Manaketes. 

You should have 10000 free feathers + whatever you've accumulated. It's worth bumping Sharena to 4* (2000 feathers over 3*) if you can. The hard stats make a real difference:

My 4* Sharena is running : 32HP / 31 Atk / 23 Spd / 16 Def / 11 Res, with Rally Attack and Fortify Def 2, making here a pretty good supporter. Those few extra points in speed have saved my tush from danger more times than I can count

I'd suggest building up your F!Corrin..she's a pretty dang good unit in this game. Alfonse starts slow but with effort becomes one of those units that can one-shot stuff because of his personal ability, DeathBlow, combined with his pretty high Atk. 

I'm envious of your Fred, as I have a 4* Bartre (he's my only Hammer user), and would like that +1 Mov, but mounted units seem to be less speedy and Fred's 15 spd faces doubling numbers against swordies :(

Yeah, I learned that about manaketes the hard way.

I do intend to train female Corrin later, but I still would like to have some more units that can take hits from magic. Pretty much none of what I have now can do so.

I don't pit Freddy against sword wielders much anyway. I have him go after heavy knights and lancers and squishy mages he can take out before getting thumped by them and stuff like that.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The exp bar didn't appear and increase when I used her to heal. And she didn't die either, I'd have definitely remembered that. I definitely didn't have her heal THAT much. So it looks like the it's the third one. That's quite inconvenient...

Anyway, my allies screen as of right now.

Capture_2017-02-10-15-12-15_zpscjfn72pz.

hummm...Even if you don´t like the heroes you pull...Don´t throw them away, they could be better later (we will never know when the meta in arena will shift)

Try to run heroes that have almost the same mobility because if not, you will always have that one hero still at the back that you need to pull every single time to get any xp.

Your team have potential, Fred and Draug are good heroes together, and with Olivia song she can pull these low mobility tanks (the only problem with her and azura is that you need to babysit them to gain levels with your party, it´s a pain but they are AMAZING)

The only wild card in your party for me is Sharena...I would trade her for another heavy armored blue unit fast, all of them are good...Effie if you have luck (if you want that focus your summon on blue next time)

So you will have a full armored team, with the same mobility...That can push...Song to be faster...And it´s a pain to deal with in arena! and amazing for pve...

I think it's important to be open-minded and patient about these kinds of games. There are plenty of characters that I don't necessarily like or give a crap about but if they're going to drive my team to victory, I'm going to take it. I usually ignore most of the dialogue once I see it the first time because it doesn't even matter at that point. I was also in the position where I kept getting lack luster rolls from the gatcha, but I just lived with it, trained weaker * units, saved up my orbs, until I managed to get more 5* units to better my team. 

Sometimes you just have to struggle before you see the results you want. 

1 minute ago, Eilanzer said:

hummm...Even if you don´t like the heroes you pull...Don´t throw them away, they could be better later (we will never know when the meta in arena will shift)

Try to run heroes that have almost the same mobility because if not, you will always have that one hero still at the back that you need to pull every single time to get any xp.

Your team have potential, Fred and Draug are good heroes together, and with Olivia song she can pull these low mobility tanks (the only problem with her and azura is that you need to babysit them to gain levels with your party, it´s a pain but they are AMAZING)

The only wild card in your party for me is Sharena...I would trade her for another heavy armored blue unit fast, all of them are good...Effie if you have luck (if you want that focus your summon on blue next time)

So you will have a full armored team, with the same mobility...That can push...Song to be faster...And it´s a pain to deal with in arena! and amazing for pve...

No way, I like Sharena's Rally Attack. And going all armors and stuff is BAD when some teams have a lot of mages that can wreck the hell out of them.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No way, I like Sharena's Rally Attack. And going all armors and stuff is BAD when some teams have a lot of mages that can wreck the hell out of them.

Mages are the least of your problems (takumi is a pain tough)

Against mages...

Pavise/Ward Armor/Wary fighter etc break any dmg or second atk a mage would do...And with stuff like smite/song you close the gap and destroy mages...You just need to play safe and wait to the enemy to come at you with a low mobility team like these...

Edited by Eilanzer

What's Palla's Res?  I know Catria isn't the greatest at soaking magic hits, but Peg knights normally have pretty good res tmk.  

Shanna, Niles, or Felicia can make good mage killers, but you don't have any of them, and Shanna and Felicia also get skills that adds part of their Res to attack.  Actually, Felicia should be on the giveaway right now.  Maybe try training that Felicia?

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

What's Palla's Res?  I know Catria isn't the greatest at soaking magic hits, but Peg knights normally have pretty good res tmk.  

Shanna, Niles, or Felicia can make good mage killers, but you don't have any of them, and Shanna and Felicia also get skills that adds part of their Res to attack.  Actually, Felicia should be on the giveaway right now.  Maybe try training that Felicia?

She does have slightly higher res than def, but she's also another sword wielder when I already have two of those. I need a bit more balance than that.

Felicia? Hell no. I hate her and the Felicia you get from those maps is either one star or two star anyway. Not worth it.

I said I don't want Elibe characters, so no Shanna. I don't like Niles either.

I realize by saying things like I don't want Elibe characters that I'm cutting out a third of the current cast, but I don't really care. I don't enjoy using characters I don't like or care for and thus I won't enjoy the game.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Felicia? Hell no. I hate her and the Felicia you get from those maps is either one star or two star anyway. Not worth it.

Upgrading a 2-star into a 3-star is rather cheap (200 Hero's Feathers, I believe), considering tossing a 3-star gets you 150 Hero's Feathers.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She does have slightly higher res than def, but she's also another sword wielder when I already have two of those. I need a bit more balance than that.

I realize by saying things like I don't want Elibe characters that I'm cutting out a third of the current cast, but I don't really care. I don't enjoy using characters I don't like or care for and thus I won't enjoy the game.

Use what you can get, otherwise you're just wasting your resources.  I don't particularly like Archanea or Awakening, But I'm still getting A LOT of use out of Catria (who I quite frankly didn't give a shit about previously), and Gaius is a pretty decent supporter.  Granted, these are people I was "Meh. Whatever." about, and not in the outright despise zone, but you'll probably do much better if you're a bit more open minded about what you get, especially if you plan on playing for free.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then what do you want us to say ? If you don't want to use the characters you don't care about, don't say the game has balancing issues or is difficult. It's not as if characters were extremely developed in Heroes anyway. Then wait for a few months when Tellius characters will be released and that's all.

Felicia's amazing and raising a character from 2 stars is very cheap and doesn't require a lot of work by the way. Raised my Sharena from 2 to 4 stars in half a day, and that costed me 30 small badges and the feathers I got from the last season. 

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm going to say this straight up that if you're going to go into these kinds of games with that mindset, you're not going to have any more fun. Unlike with regular video games, you're not putting anything on the line like money to get the characters you want that you'll use and play with. The characters are there with you from the start. 

Gatcha games aren't designed so people get their favourite characters. When you spend money on gatchas, you're basically rolling for the chance of not getting your favourite character. I know that sounds like a 'well not shit' kind of comment, but if you go at these kinds of games with low expectations and an open mind, you'll feel less frustrated. 

Gatcha games are not designed in favour of the player. At it's roots, gatcha games are akin to gambling. 

If you want to continue going into this game with your current mindset, you do you but myself and others are just warning you that you are limiting yourself A LOT by doing this.

Edited by carefreejules

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Use what you can get, otherwise you're just wasting your resources.  I don't particularly like Archanea or Awakening, But I'm still getting A LOT of use out of Catria (who I quite frankly didn't give a shit about previously), and Gaius is a pretty decent supporter.  Granted, these are people I was "Meh. Whatever." about, and not in the outright despise zone, but you'll probably do much better if you're a bit more open minded about what you get, especially if you plan on playing for free.

Well yeah, I never said I was only going to use characters I actually like. I gave Draug a chance even though I'm very unfamiliar with Archanea characters. Palla is just not someone I feel I need, I didn't get rid of her due to not liking her or anything. I don't know much about her at all, so I can't say I like or dislike her. And Olivia isn't a favorite either, I just like how useful her dancing ability is. I have her dance a lot for Freddy since he has trouble doubling sometimes.

And there actually aren't many people in my hate/dislike zone, thankfully. Only Camilla, Tharja, Felicia, Lyn, Roy, and Clarine right now, I suppose. I guess there are a few Elibe characters currently in the game that I'd be fine with giving a chance, but not a lot.

If you are looking a Res character Jagen definitely has a high amount. I have a 4* Jagen at level 23 with 23 resistance. He is slow and doesn't have much defense but mine does have quite the first strike potential at 35 ATK. His Fortify Cav skill can also make your Freddy even more of a tank if you need it. I ended up switching him with F!Corrin though due to needing her magic damage and great AOE debuff on her attack along with her ATK buff.

Honestly though I get the feeling part of the problem you are facing like other mention is that are self-inflicted. Yes you may not have good rolls, but you are probably not helping it by dismissing them out of hand.

Edited by ExpendableExtra
More things on Jagen

3 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

I'm going to say this straight up that if you're going to go into these kinds of games with that mindset, you're not going to have any more fun. Unlike with regular video games, you're not putting anything on the line like money to get the characters you want that you'll use and play with. 

Gatcha games aren't designed so people get their favourite characters. When you spend money on gatchas, you're basically rolling for the chance of not getting your favourite character. I know that sounds like a 'well not shit' kind of comment, but if you go at these kinds of games with low expectations and an open mind, you'll feel less frustrated. 

Gatcha games are not designed in favour of the player. At it's roots, gatcha games is akin to gambling. 

If you want to continue going into this game with your current mindset, you do you but myself and others are just warning you that you are limiting yourself A LOT by doing this.

I actually did go into the game with low expectations. I thought I'd end up with a bunch of characters I don't like at all. The only character I've gotten that I legitimately hate right now though, is Clarine. So I was pleasantly surprised. I guess just didn't expect to have luck so bad that nearly all my pulls would be three stars and duplicate three stars.

Jagen doesn't give me a weapon I don't already have though. I do need high res units, but I also need some archers or people that can deal magic damage. Female Corrin is a good start here, but I need more.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

There are *SOME* valid points in this thread. But a lot of them stem from the lack of experience in Japanese Gacha system games.

This game is leagues more friendly than say... Fate Grand Order.

Not sure I'd agree.  For starters, you only have your own units here.  You can't take a support unit, so if you either don't whale or don't get lucky on summons and need a particular unit, oh well.  Then there's the massive difference in quality between the base 5-stars and many of the other units.  I eagerly await FEH's verison of FGO's "bronze runs", but I imagine it'll take a while due to the massive feather requirements.  FEH is still pretty early on though, so it can easily change.  And with the exception of the 803 errors, it's had much more stable servers than most mobile games.

Definitely still leagues ahead of DBZ Dokkan, though.  Pray that power creep never even begins to approach that level.

And my shitty luck continues. I bought some orbs, ended up getting rid of nearly all the summons again. Two of them were MORE duplicates (Frederick, whom I merged with my four star one, and a third fucking Sophia), and others were more units I don't have a use for or I know I would not like (Peri. She seems to be like Henry, just with less humor and more creepiness and cruelty. And Beruka. I don't need another mounted axe wielder. And then Gwendolyn. I don't need her when I have Draug and Sharena).

I put the focus on Deep Devotion to try for Takumi, but I couldn't even summon a colorless unit at first because the colorless orb wasn't available. Then it was after that, but I landed another healer instead, which I don't intend to use. I've never summoned anything BUT healers on colorless orbs. Why can't I get ONE archer? I'd actually be fine with the ones available.

Definitely not wasting my money like this again. I guess I'm screwed and can't play the game. Not my fault it isn't a good game though.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Definitely not wasting my money like this again. I guess I'm screwed and can't play the game. Not my fault it isn't a good game though.

Here's the thing: you knew the consequences, many of us have warned you and gave you suggestions - I'm damn surprised that you're surprised that it turned out this way. 

Like I said before: Gatcha games aren't designed so people get their favourite characters. When you spend money on gatchas, you're basically rolling for the chance of not getting your favourite character.

If you get someone you don't like or don't care for, you either suck it up and try to at least make most of the experience or you don't play. 

Edited by carefreejules

5 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

Here's the thing: you knew the consequences, many of us have warned you and gave you suggestions - I'm damn surprised that you're surprised that it turned out this way. 

Like I said before: Gatcha games aren't designed so people get their favourite characters. When you spend money on gatchas, you're basically rolling for the chance of not getting your favourite character.

Uh, duh? I wasn't expecting to only get my favorite characters. I was never refusing to use anything but favorite characters either. Draug and Olivia aren't favorites as I said. I'm getting a lot of duplicate characters and characters that can't do something that someone else in my party already does well enough. So the problem isn't really a lack of favorite characters.

I guess "gatcha" or whatever games are garbage.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Raven said:

If you were willing to put your personal opinions aside of a character's personalities/traits, you'd find yourself in a much better predicament right now.

This entire thread in a nutshell.

Preconceived opinions of character value in a strategy game based on character is going to kill your entire gacha game experience.

Not sure I'd agree.  For starters, you only have your own units here.  You can't take a support unit, so if you either don't whale or don't get lucky on summons and need a particular unit, oh well.  Then there's the massive difference in quality between the base 5-stars and many of the other units.  I eagerly await FEH's verison of FGO's "bronze runs", but I imagine it'll take a while due to the massive feather requirements.  FEH is still pretty early on though, so it can easily change.  And with the exception of the 803 errors, it's had much more stable servers than most mobile games.

Definitely still leagues ahead of DBZ Dokkan, though.  Pray that power creep never even begins to approach that level.

You bring up a fair view and perspective on the subject.

However, I still believe the OP is running into problems that are pretty much directly their own expectations' fault from lack of experience.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, Anacybele said:

Uh, duh? I wasn't expecting to only get my favorite characters. I was never refusing to use anything but favorite characters either. Draug and Olivia aren't favorites as I said. I'm getting a lot of duplicate characters and characters that can't do something that someone else in my party already does well enough. So the problem isn't really a lack of favorite characters.

You're complaining that you just wasted money on a game that is designed with luck being a mechanic for gatchas, you didn't get the characters that you wanted OR would have balanced your team, therefore you call it a bad game.

If you don't like games with luck involved or you don't like it when things go your way - you should not be playing gatcha games.