Lucina and Galeforce

jdb1984

2 minutes ago, Tabby said:

I mean, that's just my play style. I don't know what difficulty OP is playing on, nor do I know if he is able to reliably grind (DLC) or if he is doing some form of challenge. 

Since marrying those two is a bit challenging in chapter 11 it makes it more fun for me that way, though I would really like to know what OP is capable of at this point in his game. Sorry for my dumb advice. 

The way I see it, with how much of a pain in the butt it is to marry Chrom to Olivia, I'd expect something amazing for the trouble, but the "reward" is anything but worth the hassle.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The way I see it, with how much of a pain in the butt it is to marry Chrom to Olivia, I'd expect something amazing for the trouble, but the "reward" is anything but worth the hassle.

Sadly the only real benefit from that marriage is an amazing Inigo stat wise. Everything else leaves things to be desired and I am aware. Chrom, Olivia, and Lucina all get a bit screwed over in the process. Aside from swordfaire, and that's only if you want her to be a great lord.

Technically speaking, the best mother for Lucina is Cordelia and Severa would be amazing too. Too bad that'll never happen. 

So what pairing do you like? I've done a lot of them myself but I keep coming back to Olivia due to that super fun challenge. Who would you use personally?

9 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Sadly the only real benefit from that marriage is an amazing Inigo stat wise. Everything else leaves things to be desired and I am aware. Chrom, Olivia, and Lucina all get a bit screwed over in the process. Aside from swordfaire, and that's only if you want her to be a great lord.

Technically speaking, the best mother for Lucina is Cordelia and Severa would be amazing too. Too bad that'll never happen. 

So what pairing do you like? I've done a lot of them myself but I keep coming back to Olivia due to that super fun challenge. Who would you use personally?

I wouldn't even say Inigo benefits that much... All he gets is Rightful King, which is pretty bleh.

I always marry Chrom to either Sumia or Maribelle.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wouldn't even say Inigo benefits that much... All he gets is Rightful King, which is pretty bleh.

I always marry Chrom to either Sumia or Maribelle.

Rightful King is eww and should be swapped for something else immediately. Inigo can proc Luna at a near 100% rate without limit breaker, or at least that's what it felt like when I used him. But his stats are good, though I'd say for the most optimal setup Lucina would want to be a dark flier which then Sumia would be amazing.

Sumia is a good choice but Brady gets really hurt by Chrom. Though I do like Maribelle. Her and Lon'qu is really adorable, in terms of good conversations. Plus I like the idea of Brady being his son, it sort of fits in a way. 

I know skills are good but stats are something I try to take into account too. Then again, not everybody is preparing for apotheosis~

On 2/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, Augestein said:

If you're using the Avatar, I'd honestly make Lucina get Veteran and then make her get it herself. No joke, Veteran is that good in the main game. As for Sumia, it's not impossible, but largely not worth the pain to do. 

no. joke. There is literally zero reason to pass on GF when Veteran is a thing. The only unit that would need GF or want it right away is Male Morgan. (he can get Veteran on his own). 

On 2/10/2017 at 9:10 PM, eclipse said:

Not really.  Grinding exists, Paragon exists, and getting Sumia up to 10/15 isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be, even on Lunatic.

Also this. It really doesnt take that long. 

3 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

no. joke. There is literally zero reason to pass on GF when Veteran is a thing. The only unit that would need GF or want it right away is Male Morgan. (he can get Veteran on his own). 

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me. Because you put "no. Joke." I was saying have Lucina get Veteran from Robin and "it" being GF to get herself. At any rate, I do believe that Veteran is that good, and it's the primary reason that I prefer Male Robin to female Robin, because he can pretty much always make 2 more Veteran people while Female Robin must have children with Chrom. 

On the subject of Chrom pairings, For Chrom's best pairings, I'd honestly say that Sully or Sumia are the best in terms of the main game (assuming we ignore Robin who is the best for... Everyone). Sully is the most sturdy of the parents, and doesn't really have any bad mods for her kid, which while the caps don't matter, the base stats do, and they also give Lucina more favorable frontlining stats. She could also nab swordfaire if she wanted to or have Sully become a myrmidon to pass Vantage over which is nice. Sumia is also good as Sumia gives a good array of classes and has far less overlap with Chrom. The others just give rather unhelpful base stats, but I suppose a Troubadour skill would be nice to stack with charm for giving + 15 avoid for males around her. Which is okay I guess. Unfortunately Chrom!Kjelle is kinda mediocre as she just gets archer, and becomes a Chrom with more defensive merit and without the lord skills outside of Aether. Meanwhile Cynthia gets Cavalier which is nice I guess as well as some extra bulk at her base.