Fire Emblem: Forces of Corruption Sign-Ups and Information Thread (SUSPENDED)

Moblin Major General

It's been a long while since I hosted an RP, and longer still since I made one myself. Welcome to Forces of Corruption. I've taken some time to play with this concept for a long while, and now I'm actually putting it to post.

Rules

Spoiler

1. FE8 mechanics will be applied, meaning all classes, weapons (excluding S Ranks), and skills therein are eligible.

2. 1 character to start, can add some later if not enough players.

2a. I am a lord by default. Another player can become a lord character if they ask me.

3. Your character will have the ability to return to the battle if their HP reaches 0. However, this can only be done once per chapter, as if that character is sent back to 0 again, they must retreat from the battle. (Phoenix on first death, Casual on second)

3a. If my character's HP, or the other lord character's HP reaches 0, the current scenario restarts (Game Over)

4. Players can choose to have their characters support each other, but this is limited to 5 per player. My character will automatically have 1 slot filled by whoever becomes second lord.

Character Rules

Spoiler

1. Only one player can have their starting character be a Tier 2 class

2. The following classes are banned:Demon King Revenant, Entombed, Mogall, Arch Mogall, Mauthe Doog, Gwyllgi, Cyclops, Gargoyle, Deathgoyle, Dracozombie, Medusa, Necromancer, Bonewalker, Wight, Tarvos, and Maelduin (monster/enemy classes)

3. 1 player can take up one of each: Manakete, Journeyman, Pupil, Recruit, Lord, and Dancer. Recruit can be substituted with Soldier if the character is male.

4. a maximum of 3 players can become Pegasus Knights or Armor Knights. Anyone who chooses the Recruit class counts towards the latter.

5. Lords get 325% growth spread, T0 and T1 units get 300%, and T2 gets 275% before a certain point in the narrative. Con and Aid do not receive growths.

6. Add 20 points to base if T1 or T2 unit, 10 points if T0. Weapon Rank increase takes 4 points to raise to the next level, Move cannot be modified, all other stats take 1 point.

7. https://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/classes/base-stats/ This is where you can find the base stats of classes.

Character Creation Sheet

Spoiler

Name:

Age: Note that Manaketes can be centuries and even millennia old

Class:

Affinity:

Stats:

Appearance:

Personality:

World details

Spoiler

Nations:Ragno- A powerful empire ruled by the Dragon Emperor. Said Dragon Emperor has ruled Ragno for at least 200 years, his power ever growing. Ragno has been guided by his steadfast hand in peace, and his clenched fist in war. Unlike many other dragon empires throughout history, his has stood for so long because he doesn’t despise humanity as a whole, but rather the worldly aspects of its society. This is one reason why Ragno is the largest country on the continent: it does not accept the evils of humanity.

Silvat- A puppet country of Ragno. The Dragon-Emperor cowed this country 100 years into his reign when its king, the loathsome Snake King, declared Holy War against Ragno in his arrogance and bigotry. At the time, Silvat was the only country strong enough to combat Ragno, and its royal family held a blade called Gladius, which was able to slay dragons. However, Gladius disobeyed its master when he swung it at the Dragon Emperor, and as a result, the king was eaten then and there (most historians say he was simply slain, but the Dragon Emperor attests that he ate the Snake King) Since then, the royal family has been incognito, waiting for the time they can regain favor (and their sword) from The Dragon Emperor, even though they know it would take a threat to both countries to do so.

Gracemaria- a small country on the border of Silvat and Ragno. It’s small size belies the fact it houses many riches, of the earth, the heavens, and of man. Its historical willingness to trade with both Ragno and Silvat has shown to Ragno that it is trustworthy and will not make the same mistake Silvat did, for fear of not only invasion, but loss of the will to trade resources freely with the other countries.

Bartolomeo- The holy and magical center of the continent of Anea. Even if this country were to lapse into depravity, it is bordered by sea to it’s west, Vitoze to the East, and Selumna to the South, meaning that any invasion by Ragno would have to be made by sea or air, or that either Vitoze or Selumna also became corrupted, as Ragno is sure that both countries would warn Bartolomeo if asked to march through, even if they ally with Ragno in this case.

Vitoze- A barren wasteland of mountains. Cold and heavily forrested, most of it’s trade consists of furs and weapons, as well as wood for making arrows, bows, siege engines, and in peacetime, lumber for housing throughout the East. Ragno has staged raids into Vitoze to punish bands of raiders that have attacked either Ragno itself, Silvat (when it was directly under Ragno’s control), or Gracemaria. Increasingly, however, even as armed forces are at the borders of Silvat, attacks in Silvat are rising exponentially.

Selumna- This vast expanse of golden grains and natural rice swamps feeds most of the western area of the continent. Selumna is also the only place where the indigenous people of the continent reside, predating most of the peoples of Anea by some 1000 years. However, this does not mean they were deemed inferior. In fact, until Ragno was founded by the Dragon Emperor, it was a the sole power of Anea, halting the eastward advance of Bartolomeo. Vitozan brigands do not invade often, but when they do, it often results in heavy casualties for the bandits. 

Characters: 

Dragon Emperor- The esteemed Dragon Emperor of Ragno. Righteous, just, powerful, enlightened, and popular. Over the centuries, many have referred to him as bigoted, but this accusation often leads to the uncovering of the failings of the accuser fairly often.

Bellerophon (Bellero) Dracomordis- youngest living descendant of the Snake King, wielder of Gladius. Living incognito amongst a mercenary company as their blacksmith, he is only barely aware of his relation to the Snake King, and is among the reasons his group is wanted by the avaricious Lord Stauros, as his smithing skill is remarked as being among the best in the East of Anea.

Lord Stauros Dvornik, Governor of Silvat- After a half-century of direct rule under Ragno, the Dragon Emperor appointed House Dvornik to govern it. In a strange series of calamities over a period of 20 years, the Dvornik family was forced to elect Stauros, an estranged son of the youngest brother of Garuda Dvornik, to the head of House, effectively making him governor. He soon found an enemy in the White Dragon mercenary corps, as he felt any armed force operating within Silvat was a direct threat to the security and safety of the people.

Aramis- The loyal right hand and highest general in all of Ragno. Currently hunting rumors of a surviving lieutenant of the Snake King surviving on feats of Dark Magic.

Ahaz- The Snake King’s court mage. Marked by the Dragon Emperor to be the most wanted and dangerous of the Circle of the Snake, only the most deplorable of the Snake King’s servants. Often remarked as having sacrificed the juvenile children of the entire Circle of the Snake, including the daughters of the Snake king, at the behest of both him and other members of the Circle of the Snake. Thought to have died of old age, but no one has investigated his reported resting place of Castle Assyr, for fear of running into eldritch horrors within.

Plot

Spoiler

The White Dragon mercenaries are being pursued by the sinister agents of Lord Stauros for unknown reasons. It is thought that Lord Stauros is exploiting his favor with the Dragon Emperor to serve his own ambitions. as Bellero's companion, you can choose one of a number of paths to combat Lord Stauros and his forces of corruption: Take the risk of gathering evidence to turn the Dragon Emperor against his own governor, rally the people under Bellero as a resurgent monarch, or search farther west for groups who, by virtue or self interest, are willing to aid Bellero to overthrow the corrupt Lord Stauros. Any of these options are fraught with risk, and may end up drawing the ire of more than a few groups, and may possibly pit you against The Dragon Emperor if the wrong choices are made.

Lord Character

Spoiler

Name: Bellerophon "Bellero" Dracomordis, Pretender of the Kingdom of Silvat

Class: Lord

Class: Lord

Affinity: Anima

HP: 21(+3)(100%)

Str: 7(+1)(50%)

Skl: 9(+3)(40%)

Spd: 9(+2)(45%)

Lck: 4(+4)(60%)

Def:8(+2)(20%)

Res:0(+0)(15%)

Mov:5

Con:9(+4)

Weapon Rank: Sword D(+0)

Appearance: mid-length black hair, green eyes, mysterious dragon birthmark on left shoulder.

Personality: Bellero is a soft-spoken, industrious young man with a proclivity for the forge. He is aware that he is technically the rightful heir to Silvat, but has no ambitions for it. Instead, he works his hand mending and making weapons for the White Dragons, a mercenary group making gold defending the frontier from Vitozan bandits. Not particularly fond of idle chatter.

Feel free to critique, give feedback, all the usual stuff.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

I really like fire emblem 8, So i may try and participate into this roleplay, altho currently im a bit busy to write a character sheet at the moment, for now ill just reserve a spot for a troubadour.

Just now, Thany said:

I really like fire emblem 8, So i may try and participate into this roleplay, altho currently im a bit busy to write a character sheet at the moment, for now ill just reserve a spot for a troubadour.

Done, and thank you for reserving.

I'm not going to lie, this is eerily similar to your last RP, which lasted a single chapter and maybe a week of RP after. I would strongly recommend revising over what went wrong last time, the most notable things being the lack of depth in scenes, poor communication with players and self indulgence in character hierarchy. As a player in the previous game, I have to say it's probably the worst experience I had roleplaying and that without any apparent changes, I feel it would be very likely to suffer a similar fate. This might sound harsh, but from running my own games, the current having been healthy for 18 months, there's signs that an RP is going to run into trouble from as early as the sign up post.

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'm not going to lie, this is eerily similar to your last RP, which lasted a single chapter and maybe a week of RP after. I would strongly recommend revising over what went wrong last time, the most notable things being the lack of depth in scenes, poor communication with players and self indulgence in character hierarchy. As a player in the previous game, I have to say it's probably the worst experience I had roleplaying and that without any apparent changes, I feel it would be very likely to suffer a similar fate. This might sound harsh, but from running my own games, the current having been healthy for 18 months, there's signs that an RP is going to run into trouble from as early as the sign up post.

20 minutes ago, Nanami Touko said:

You? Again?

Not likely, lmao.

I have been careful about what went wrong.It's been how long? About a year? I've had a lot of time to think about what went wrong, and  I thoroughly have my ideas thought out. I've also gone with a much simpler system, tweaked some of the flaws, and gave a plot from the OP. If it still fails, then I might just stick to stat-free RPs. Feel free not to join, but I have been careful not to repeat my own pitfalls and to avoid the others that have been made. I admit I was very ambitious with having two routes at such an early state, but I know that sticking to one character, one route is definitely best for this one.

24 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

Sounds interesting. What exactly is this "Corruption"?

Also, is the snake king literally a snake or is it just a title?

It's a title given to him by the people because he held almost every evil quality attributed to snakes. As for the Corruption, that has a lot to do with Lord Stauros, and that he has a lot more assets than Imperial favor.

I don't think you are understanding what Shin is saying. Your problem is not just stats, it is the time that you invest into a project. An RP isn't something you can simply create overnight, it takes time. You are creating a world, and that world needs depth. Sure, you have shown us that you have a description of each major country within the continent, as well as the powerful leaders and the like, but do you have more than that prepared? Do you have the necessary information on hand about the economics of the world, the less important people that you can find, the kinds of towns and cities that are all around, the distinctions between militaries of different nations, and the culture that each nation has are but a few of the many possible things you need to write up and keep in your head. And then there's the plot? What makes yours so different from the many different RPs out there? If you can define this in a single sentence, then I believe it needs more time in development. It's impossible to avoid similarities, it's true, but the RP I joined was simply a copy-pasta of the world of Tellius, with a few names changed here and there to spice things up.

But I believe this stems from a much bigger problem you have; motivation and commitment. To say that there were shades of this in your first RP was an understatement. I feel like I shouldn't have to retell you about the time we were spent waiting for you to respond to us while we were left to our own devices for far too long, but I will, regardless. Many times a day I would see you on SF looking at another thread, and not once did you bother to check in with us on skype and tell us anything. Indeed, there was one time where you misunderstood what was happening and made a post, which is fine. I admit that I also have made several posts where I have misunderstood the current predicament, and that in itself is not what makes a bad RPer. It's what happens after that. After that post, we were stuck, as we simply couldn't ignore it, for you were the GM. So we waited for you to come on to skype and tell you that there was a thing that needed to be edited. If I recall correctly, we went three weeks without hearing a single word from you, and it was only after Melissa prodding you through PMs on SF that we even got any word about what you were up to. I get it, you are human. Things happen that remove us from our computer for unknown amounts of time, but you had planned to go off to con without even letting us know anything before Mel asked what was up. And when you got back, once again, you told us you were off to do something else, and that more of your time would be taken up. It seemed like you wanted us to write for you, and that you simply weren't interested in posting when we needed you, or too busy to even be a part of an RP, let alone control one.

I feel like your motivation goes as far as the opening post, and from there it slowly goes down until you get another spark from something. After we all left your first RP, within a few days you were back with another one, your reason being you were 'in the mood' for Power Rangers, and decided to simply make an RP off it. And when that fell, once again you quickly switched over to a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP, which also died out. To give you a bit of perspective, it took Shin about a month or more to construct Angelcynn, and that was only due to many themes being 'built up from Shinvel', to quote him. Here, you jumped from very varying settings and themes in the span of several weeks, and that makes it look like you have a lack of focus. I implore you, if you are going to truly invest your time with an RP you create, spend more time creating it. I can't confirm any of us will join. In fact, I don't think it seems likely, all things considered, but you are truly committed to this, then I would like you to spend a good year working on world building and writing. Look up guides. Study other successful RPs. Read famous books to collect many different themes. I realize that this sounds long, and is an investment, but I can't stress enough that an RP isn't something you can just create. It takes time, and is a large investment.

I see what you are trying to say, and I have definitely have been better at investing my energy in something since the last time. I've got a lot lined up, and I'm taking much time to read it out and refine it, and I think I feel a lot better about starting it. Last time, I over invested my energy elsewhere, and by the time I was able to get back into things, I was too burnt out. I let life sneak up on me and I didn't have the foresight to warn any of you about it, and I'm sorry. Call The Last Holy War whatever you want, but I will always accept that, mostly because of me, it was an abject failure. If any of you want to help me beyond giving me the aforementioned criticism, I would gladly accept. If not, then I'll continue slogging away my ideas to digital paper until I can carry it the whole nine yards. Also, I'm not going to wait for a few people to join and then jump into it like I did last time, and I certainly won't leave other characters to do things by themselves until I can personally interact with them. I WILL NOT let this happen. Yee of the Olde Guarde need not have faith in me, but make no mistake that I have faith in myself. 

Oh hey, it's another FERP by you! I just kinda wanted to pointed two things out before I make a character since I'm not sure if I actually want to do that yet.

1. You didn't block off all of the monster/enemy classes aside from the catchall. Someone who hasn't played Sacred Stones could look at the class list could take something like, saaaaay, Demon King and not know it's an enemy exclusive class. Stat caps of 50 in everywhere but Luck is kinda. Important to notice.

2. There's no dancer ban. That means two people could make dancers, literally maximize their bulk, dancegrind to the levelcap the moment both of them get deployed on the same map, and become literally the best chokepoints until the enemies get able to match them... but if they do that, then they'll oneshot the weaker players, which means they can't be too strong for balance, which means that they'll be weak to the point they can't hurt the dancers, which... Etcetera etcetera.

There's probably a few other flaws, but as far as I can see, those are the big ones.

Okay, thanks for pointing those things out. I thought I had all the bases covered, but I guess not. Also, Dancers are defenseless in FEGBA, so that really isn't that much of a problem, but thanks for telling me anyway so I could edit that.

Alright. i think i have a character ready for this.

Name: Solare Myst

Class: Troubadour

Affinity: Light

HP: 15 (+2) (40%)

Mag: 1 (+3) (40%)

Skl: 1 (+2) (35%)

Spd: 3 (+4) (50%)

Lck: 0 (+2) (25%)

Def: 2 (+3) (55%)

Res: 5 (+4) (55%)

(ill need to work on the growths soon.)

Mov: 6

Con: 5

Appearance: A small girl With green Hair and pink eyes. has a Broken leg and Rides around on a horse.

Personality: A cheery girl who doesn't let her injured leg get to her. She generally Treats anyone with a good aura nicely, and anyone who has a dark aura meanly. She is also slow to catch on some things said to her, but tries to smile about it anyways. she also likes exploring around on her horse.

Growths now added.

Edited by Thany

Time for a character because I may as well.

Spoiler

Name: Esdripeteritus "Esdriel" Arcusagitta

Class: Lord(ess? Or Lady. Either or.)

Affinity: Dark

HP: 16 + 4 = 20 (70%)

Str: 4 + 3 = 7 (55%)

Skl: 8 (50%)

Spd: 9 (50%)

Lck: 0 + 3 = 3 (20%)

Def: 3 + 3 = 6 (40%)

Res: 1 + 5 = 6 (40%)

Mov: 5

Con: 5 + 2 = 7

Weapon Proficiency: Bows D

Appearance: Notably tall(5'10 or so), and with a sturdy-but-not-muscular frame. Eyes are a dull hazel. Wears an intricately designed blue dress that goes to about her knees, and walking boots. Hair is a dull blue that goes to about her mid-elbow in a straight yet tangled mess.

Personality: Esdriel is pretty much all-business and no-play, which is definitely quite unprincesslike. Not entirely the most sociable person, but at least she tries to not be innately rude, if a struggle to do so. She does get along well with her friends, and getting into that circle is pretty difficult.

23 hours ago, Erren said:

It sounds fun, but some changes could be made.

I am totally open to criticism and suggestions. Please, feel free to help out.

@Thany/Toyota- accepted. Thany, don't forget to add growths. Toyo, I'm sending you the links to my pages from Google Docs. Also, we should address the relationship between both of our characters, and how we know each other.

Name: Mokuba

Class: Mercenary

Affinity: Light

Stats: Added:

Luck: 5 (+3) (45%)

HP: 18 (+3) (80%) S/M: 4 (+3)(40%) Ski: 8 (+3)(40%) Spd: 9 (+2)(32%) Def: 4 (+3)(18%) Res: 0 (+3)(20%) Mov: 5

Con: 9

Appearance: 

Random

Personality: Mokuba is a Quiet, Calm, Caring, Big Brother type of person, who looks out for his friends and supports them in situations of all kinds.

Edited by Erren
Had Myrmidon Stat Percentage, not Mercenary

I want to play as a female Shaman. Do I have to stick to the female Shaman's bases, or am I allowed to use the male version's stats? Because the male's bases have 5 more points total. They can actually hold a Flux tome without being completely squashed by it.

Also, if I promote to summoner, what's the total growth my phantom will get?

1 hour ago, Night Zap said:

I want to play as a female Shaman. Do I have to stick to the female Shaman's bases, or am I allowed to use the male version's stats? Because the male's bases have 5 more points total. They can actually hold a Flux tome without being completely squashed by it.

Also, if I promote to summoner, what's the total growth my phantom will get?

I see no problem using male Shaman bases. Technically, you could keep the male shaman getup with just having your character being female, nothing wrong with that.

As for your second point, Phantoms get 200% growths, with HP, Def, and Res all having 0%, and a base HP of 1, and Def/Res base of 0.

Name: Luun Eklisse

Class: Shaman

Affinity: Dark

Stats               Class Bases    Character Bases        Growth Rates
HP:                 16 (+3)             19                              50 %
Magic:              2  (+5)             7                               65 %
Skill:                 1  (+2)             3                               40 %
Speed:             2  (+3)             5                               55 %
Luck:                0  (+2)             2                               20 %
Defense:          2  (+3)             5                               50 %
Resistance:     4   (+1)            5                               20 %
Move:              5        
Constitution:    7  (+1)             8

Appearance: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170219/nvf5klzy.png

Luun is 1,70 m tall. She always keeps her right eye closed. (And yes, appearantly this is the same character creator from                                         Kongregate that Erren used)

Personality: At first glance, Luun seems to live in her own little world, without much care about what's going on around her. Even in battle, it would appear she's more interested in the cloud formations and just flings spells in random directions that happen to occupied by enemies. But she can be very focused when the situation demands it. She is generally friendly to other people, but she quickly turns harsh when someone insults the voices whispering to her.

Edited by Night Zap

35 minutes ago, Erren said:

So for stats and growths, how would I put that in?

You just type out your stat spread, put your stat additions into one set of parentheses next to each stats, and your growth percentages in another set of parentheses. 

1 hour ago, Erren said:

I'm still trying to find out the stat additions for a Mercenary

Do you know how to allocate points like in an RPG? That's what you do.Look to the previous posts to see how you should format it. The link was only a reference point: you need to type all those numbers out yourself. Sorry if it's cryptic, but it's easier than it sounds.