Who else loves Sharena?

Anacybele

Sure, she doesn't really get development, and neither do Alfonse or Anna. But I love Sharena anyway! She's basically the kind of person I always wanted to be. She's so positive, cheerful, and wants to make friends with everyone. She literally says she wants to befriend every hero. I admire her for that. I also like her design.

I feel like she deals with tragedy similarly to me too, so she's kinda relatable. Despite Alfonse telling her not to get close, she still smiles and tries to make friends anyway. She keeps doing what she wants, likely to take her mind off the loss of Zacharias. I do the same thing: keep myself occupied with fun stuff that I love, sometimes therapeutic stuff too.

Lastly, once you get her to at least four stars, she can wreck a lot of shit and can power up allies with Rally Attack to boot.

So yeah, at last, this series has a female lord I can get behind. I don't like any of the others at all (not including Celica who is unfamiliar to me). So I also like Sharena for saving this series from forever having bad female lords (imo).

Edited by Anacybele

She seems okay.  The story's a bit bare bones, but it looks like there is still more missions to come, so maybe we'll get some more development there.

I'm thinking about promoting her, since she seems like a decent unit, and I don't have that many good Blue units.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Sharena the one who screams "FIRE EMBLEM HEROES!" when you start the game?

Different voices can shout it, actually. Sharena's voice can, and I've heard another female voice and two different male voices shout it as well, one of which I theorize is Ike because it sounds JUST like him!

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

I do quite like Sharena, which makes it even more infuriating how the game keeps shafting her in favor of Alfonse.

I know, right? But that's Japan for you, they think men are far superior to women and that women can't be equal to them in any way. They might as well not let them fight the way they treat them in video games. This is part of the reason I don't think any other female lords are good. They get shafted and their potential skipped because the men HAVE to be the real stars.

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Different voices can shout it, actually. Sharena's voice can, and I've heard another female voice and two different male voices shout it as well, one of which I theorize is Ike because it sounds JUST like him!

I know, right? But that's Japan for you, they think men are far superior to women and that women can't be equal to them in any way. They might as well not let them fight the way they treat them in video games. This is part of the reason I don't think any other female lords are good. They get shafted and their potential skipped because the men HAVE to be the real stars.

The five voices you hear saying "Fire Emblem Heroes" are the voices of the original characters. Alfonse is the softer male voice and the Mysterious Man is the deeper male voice.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Give her a little bit more screen time and personality (not that she needs anymore in my opinion) and she could be the best female lord in the franchise.

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The five voices you hear saying "Fire Emblem Heroes" are the voices of the original characters. Alfonse is the softer male voice and the Mysterious Man is the deeper male voice.

Can you prove this? Because I haven't seen any confirmation of who exactly the rest of those voices belong to. I still think the deeper male voice is Ike and that all the characters you see on the start screen are probably capable of shouting the game's title.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can you prove this? Because I haven't seen any confirmation of who exactly the rest of those voices belong to. I still think the deeper male voice is Ike and that all the characters you see on the start screen are probably capable of shouting the game's title.

Because it's obvious. Anna's voice is distinguishable, Sharena is the higher voice, and Veronica is the emotionless one. Ray Chase's voice is also pretty destinguishable so that's why I know that's him. No way does it sound like Ike, especially considering how he sounded in Fates.

Also, the same set of 5 voices just repeats over and over. There's no other than just those 5.

Edited by Sentinel07

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Because it's obvious. Anna's voice is distinguishable, Sharena is the higher voice, and Veronica is the emotionless one. Ray Chase's voice is also pretty destinguishable so that's why I know that's him. No way does it sound like Ike, especially considering how he sounded in Fates.

Also, the same set of 5 voices just repeats over and over. There's no other than just those 5.

Ike's Fates voice also doesn't sound much like his Codename Steam one. People have even assumed the two games gave him different English VAs due to how different they are. It's just that Jason Adkins was given weirdly different direction for both for whatever reason. I thought that deep voice sounded pretty close to the Codename Steam one.

But you could still be right. I realize I haven't heard more than five voices shout the title.

Sharena was in my original party and I'm still using her quite often. I just was able to promote her to a 3* unit (god, those Azure badges are annoying to find) and she's already doing well. I also have Female!Corrin who is obviously superior, but I may be able to swap the two once Sharena is back to par with the others.

2 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

Sharena was in my original party and I'm still using her quite often. I just was able to promote her to a 3* unit (god, those Azure badges are annoying to find) and she's already doing well. I also have Female!Corrin who is obviously superior, but I may be able to swap the two once Sharena is back to par with the others.

Tower grind.  If there's one resource I'm not short on, it's badges!

---

Sharena seems like she has some growing-up to do.  She's okay for now, but I hope the story helps to develop her.

Just now, eclipse said:

Tower grind.  If there's one resource I'm not short on, it's badges!

---

Sharena seems like she has some growing-up to do.  She's okay for now, but I hope the story helps to develop her.

I pretty much live in the tower but it loves giving me more and more Verdant Badges. -_-

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

In the Japanese version, it's really obvious that it's the five originals, but I haven't really listened to the English voices. I assume it's the same though?

I do like her. She's cheery but also serious on her job. And gameplaywise, she's my only reliable lancer right now and a fine rally bot for Lilina.

She's definitely promoted once I reach twenty thousand feathers.

personality wise shes ok, not much story in there for me to look into. shes the only unit out of the starting trio who i upgraded to 4* (alfonse and anna are like, 2* lvl 4 lmfao) and makes a good rallybot. also lyn and eirika are great lords smh

Tut, I'll pretend you didn't diss Micaiah.

But I do like Sharena. I want her to be given a special attack so she can have cut-in quotes like so many other characters do. The sword and shield combo speaks to my martial preference and her "my turn~" line upon being selected to move is infectious. At 2 stars, she was the only consistently worthwhile lord. At 3 and 4 stars, I got much less lucky with the order of stat gains and she's more of a supportive unit as Alfonse and Anna get comparatively better passive skills and upgrades to their specials.

Well who is this Zacharias I keep hearing of? When does he get a mention...just answer the second question so I'm not spoiled, please.

I don't really have much of an opinion on Sharena yet, I disagree that the male lords are always made more important, I know, Lucina's kinda boring, but she's badass. And Lyn doesn't take crap from nobody, even if she doesn't appear in FE6.

The deeper male voice on the title screen sounds like Yuri Lowenthal, or whoever was narrating the reveal trailer for Heroes, Echoes, and FE Switch. But it very well could supposed to be main characters if he voices one of them.