Pair my characters!

Big Smoke

Hello everyone! I want some help deciding who to marry to who. I'll tell you who I'm currently planning:

•Chrom and Olivia

•Donnel and Nowi

•Lon'qu and Say'ri (But for now he has C support with Cordelia)

•Ricken and Maribelle

•Stahl and Sully (Already Married)

•MaMU and Lucina

(Can Flavia and Basilio reach S?)

I hope I can get some recommendations for the other characters, in my army I have Gaius, Cordelia, Vaike, Gregor, and Libra. Once Maribelle and Ricken reach S (currently at A) I'll swap them out, right now for Henry and Lucina, then once MaMU and Lucina get married I'll swap Henry for Morgan.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Also, feel free to change my pairings up there! (Except for MaMU and Lucina that's definitely happening) :)

Edited by Big Smoke

Um, Say'ri can't marry anyone but the Avatar.

Basilio and Flavia can't S support anyone but the Avatar either.

What really is there to suggest if Cordelia is the only non-paired female you're using? Either way, I know you didn't list him, but give her Freddy since you put Stahl with Sully (Stahl is Severa's best dad, honestly). Freddy will give Severa defense, Luna, wyvern and knight access, etc. He also makes sense here storywise because he's just the type of guy to be Severa's father in her daddy support.

Gaius, Libra, Gregor, and Vaike won't really offer Severa as much as Fred can, if you're not using any other males. I guess Libra can make her a decent as a magic user since Cordelia gives her dark mage access? I dunno.

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Lon'qu and Cordelia. You'll thank me later.

In process :p already at B

38 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

If you're okay with your pairings being switched, Chrom/Maribelle and Ricken/Olivia. 

Man, you should've said something earlier. Both already married :/

What mode are you playing on?

Are you going for characters that have cute supports together? Look aesthetically pleasing together? Have gamebreaking progeny?

If this is your first playthrough (which it sounds like), you should do what you like! But I'll give suggestions for the rest of your unpaired folk. . . Levant Mir Celestia likes suggesting interesting pairings... this is a newbie not a PMU! ;/

Anyways:

Did you kill off Virion and Lissa? Are they not in your army?

Virion x Cherche (if Virion is dead you can substitute Gregor, I suppose...)
Lissa x  ?. . . (I like Lon'Qu b/c archetype reasons, but the Donnel support is incredibly cute). If you're okay swapping out Nowi x Donnel, Donnel x Lissa is cool. You can do Nowi x Gregor, but I understand if that gives you the creeps since she looks like she's 10, even though she's like 1000.  If not Donnel, then Frederick, I guess.
Frederick x Sumia (unless you pair Frederick with Lissa, then Gaius x Sumia)
Libra x Tharja, or Henry x Tharja, pick your poison!

9 hours ago, Iris said:

Are you going for characters that have cute supports together? Look aesthetically pleasing together? Have gamebreaking progeny?

If this is your first playthrough (which it sounds like), you should do what you like! But I'll give suggestions for the rest of your unpaired folk. . . Levant Mir Celestia likes suggesting interesting pairings... this is a newbie not a PMU! ;/

Anyways:

Did you kill off Virion and Lissa? Are they not in your army?

Virion x Cherche (if Virion is dead you can substitute Gregor, I suppose...)
Lissa x  ?. . . (I like Lon'Qu b/c archetype reasons, but the Donnel support is incredibly cute). If you're okay swapping out Nowi x Donnel, Donnel x Lissa is cool. You can do Nowi x Gregor, but I understand if that gives you the creeps since she looks like she's 10, even though she's like 1000.  If not Donnel, then Frederick, I guess.
Frederick x Sumia (unless you pair Frederick with Lissa, then Gaius x Sumia)
Libra x Tharja, or Henry x Tharja, pick your poison!

I'm playing casual because I'm just getting back into it now, I'm looking for characters that go well together, I'm not too concerned about children's stats but having good abilities and such is nice. 

Funny that it may sound that way, but this is actually very far from my first playthrough. That was years ago when the game first came out. I think I've done somewhere near.... 15? 20? I don't keep track but I've done a lot, so at this point I want to see convos that I haven't seen before, but it doesn't really matter.

Virion is not currently in my army, I had to drop him when he fell behind and there weren't enough spaces. I am doing Gregor and Cherche though, they make a good pair so far. Lissa isn't in the army either, but I'm grinding her together with Libra just to get Owain, he's one of my favorite characters. I think Libra and Lisa are fitting, yknow? Cleric and Priest.

Gaius and Tharja were just married, so no changing that one. I love their support convos, they're cute.

Well, looks like Frederick and Henry are your only options for Sumia due to her stupidly limited support pool (I won't ever understand why she has a limited pool. Maybe it's to push her with Chrom, but that's still dumb to me). Frederick does give Sumia stats she needs in a pair-up in battle, but Henry can give Cynthia magic and such so she can be a pretty good Dark Flier.

I think Henry's supports with Sumia are better anyway. Frederick and Sumia have a good S support, but the rest is so boring. It's nothing but the same old you see from both characters, Frederick's serious and patient personality and Sumia's clumsiness. And this is coming from a big Freddy fan.

Meanwhile, Henry and Sumia go through some pretty adventurous and humorous shenanigans!

Edited by Anacybele

On February 11, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Big Smoke said:

Man, you should've said something earlier. Both already married :/

Bah. Well, whatever.

On February 11, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Iris said:

Well, Maribelle does give Lucina some interesting class options, and I like her supports with Chrom.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia