Updated FE12 translation patch (Beta 2 released!)

9 hours ago, joesteve1914 said:

Thats from drastic, i'll have to check it on my flashcart tonight.

I'm not seeing it on my side. Was this oddity introduced in one of the updated patches? Because it isn't in the base version of the v3.01 patch.

While my game was loaded, I also confirmed the Dragonstone with the missing period at the end of its description is the Magestone. I'll update my previous post.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/30/2017 at 2:46 AM, joesteve1914 said:

I still haven't figured out how to change the order of the names in the guide... I'll keep trying though.

I don't remember it being hard.

FE12Dictionary.bin looks like the most obvious place to check.

If all else fails, you can compare the original with the edited file.

Sadly, I can't remember where I put my notes.

Hopefully it's not in the overlay files, because I really don't remember what I changed there XD

On 6/30/2017 at 9:41 AM, Cor Leonis said:

Do you mind posting a screenshot of this oddity? I don't ever remember encountering this, but my latest playthrough was on real hardware through a flashcart. Part of me says your concern might be an emulation error and not an actual problem with the patch.

I am also playing this on a flashcart on my DS. I can't remember if this occurred in the v3.01 patch, but it does occur in the beta 1 version. This is a very minor graphical error so if it's not fixable, not a problem.

EDIT: Also, another graphical glitch I noticed was the Magic Breath from the dragons. There is a corrupt text/sprite following the enemy equip. Either pulling the wrong character or overflow?

Edited by Lost Knight

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FluffyWarlock said:

How do I apply this update to the patch?

Patch your japanese fe12 rom with the 3.01 patch found here-

http://www.heroesofshadow.net/p/downloads.html?m=1

Then apply the patch in the OP on the same rom.

My apologies, I haven't been keeping this thread updated. I've been very busy the last two weeks with the holiday weekend and a lot of work at my job. I'm going to spend this weekend fixing the bugs that were brought up here.

If someone could post or pm me a save with a chapter with mage breath in it I'd be grateful. It'd save me a little time since I lost my one and only fe12 save :)

Edited by joesteve1914

23 hours ago, joesteve1914 said:

If someone could post or pm me a save with a chapter with mage breath in it I'd be grateful. It'd save me a little time since I lost my one and only fe12 save :)

Consider it done. Use the Endgame file.

Fire Emblem - New Mystery of the Emblem (Heroes of Light and Shadow).nds.sav

On 7/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, Cor Leonis said:

Thanks!

On 7/1/2017 at 5:02 PM, Lost Knight said:

EDIT: Also, another graphical glitch I noticed was the Magic Breath from the dragons. There is a corrupt text/sprite following the enemy equip. Either pulling the wrong character or overflow?

What chapter was this in? It doesn't appear to happen in the Endgame at least. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 9:38 PM, Larverto said:

What program do I use to patch the file? I used xdelta ui, but the rom is still patched with the original Heroes of Shadow patch.

Did you patch it with the updated patch AFTER the HoS 3.01 patch?

If yes, are you sure its still the original patch? A quick way to check is if "Hero-King" has a dash in the intro.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I didn't see your post until today.

Edited by joesteve1914

On 8/7/2017 at 10:07 PM, joesteve1914 said:

Did you patch it with the updated patch AFTER the HoS 3.01 patch?

If yes, are you sure its still the original patch? A quick way to check is if "Hero-King" has a dash in the intro.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I didn't see your post until today.

I'm pretty sure I did patch the clean rom with the 3.01 patch that came out on December 7th, 2012. And then I patched HoS 3.01 rom with your translation, and it seems like it's still the original patch on the rom because "Hero King" didn't have a dash in the intro. Also, some names are unchanged, like Roderick still being called "Rody".

3 hours ago, Larverto said:

I'm pretty sure I did patch the clean rom with the 3.01 patch that came out on December 7th, 2012. And then I patched HoS 3.01 rom with your translation, and it seems like it's still the original patch on the rom because "Hero King" didn't have a dash in the intro. Also, some names are unchanged, like Roderick still being called "Rody".

Which xdelta gui did you use? I know there's a modded version out there with some additional features, but that one isn't compatible with the patch - you'll need the one from RHDN.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, joesteve1914 said:

Which xdelta gui did you use? I know there's a modded version out there with some additional features, but that one isn't compatible with the patch - you'll need the one from RHDN.

Okay, good news: I got the patch working. I got the xdelta ui from RHDN, and patched the HoS rom, and did just about everything right... except for dragging the output file into the emulator when the patched rom is open. My mistake.

Hope this isn't too outlandish a request, but is it in any way possible to have it so that the smaller/thinner font is able to be used when naming a weapon?

For example, if you delete the name 'Master Sword' and try to retype it, it won't fit.

There were tons of names I tried to type in, but were short by a letter or two, so it'd be nice if we had the option.

7 hours ago, TheLaserSonic said:

Hope this isn't too outlandish a request, but is it in any way possible to have it so that the smaller/thinner font is able to be used when naming a weapon?

For example, if you delete the name 'Master Sword' and try to retype it, it won't fit.

There were tons of names I tried to type in, but were short by a letter or two, so it'd be nice if we had the option.

From what I remember being told, issues come up if you try that. It could be possible to do, maybe, but it probably wouldn't be top priority until we're finished with the script cleanup and things like sorting out the ingame guide to proper alphabetical order. If it's possible to do at all, of course. We'll probably check into it once the next update is eventually pushed, I'd guess, which God willing won't be too much longer.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

While this is great, I can't help thinking the localized names will change again. Like Lachesis to Raquesis in Awakening then back to Lachesis in Heroes.

Literally every other used name has been consistent so far. Including the ones like Ced or Raigh. Lachesis/Raquesis is the only exception so far, and it's looking to stay that way with the names we've got in Heroes.

I wouldn't count the names used on the Heroes website as their final say, though, either, so I agree names like Jubelo and Yuliya might end up getting changed in the final product of Heroes. Case in point- "Thite" from the Heroes website (The pegsaus knight from FE6) ended up being Thea in the dialogue of Heroes's final product. I'm only 100% certain about the names we've gotten in Heroes itself (Namely, that means Sheena, Clarisse, and Reese).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 1:13 PM, Jerek said:

Hello there! Is this project still ongoing? Just wanted to know if it's gonna be updated again or is this the final release? Thank you :D

This will be updated. I hope to bring more specific news quite soon once I sort some things out.

Since this got bumped, with Warriors coming out in English soon and Marth and friends being playable characters, it's possible we may get a few more official names/terms.

According to the WIP translation in the game, "(the) War of Shadows" is the official term for Marth's first battle. Which makes sense I guess, given how there's few other ways you could've named it. (I suppose there's "Shadow War" etc. but it doesn't quite sound right.)

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Since this got bumped, with Warriors coming out in English soon and Marth and friends being playable characters, it's possible we may get a few more official names/terms.

According to the WIP translation in the game, "(the) War of Shadows" is the official term for Marth's first battle. Which makes sense I guess, given how there's few other ways you could've named it. (I suppose there's "Shadow War" etc. but it doesn't quite sound right.)

Yea, I'm hoping to finish off the last bit of what was already being worked on, push the patch, and buy Warriors for that exact reason, then get into less textual things like the glossary fiasco that still hasn't been fixed (everyone's names are still ordered wrong, I think...)

Sorry to slightly derail the conversation for a bit but I can't find a download for the Delta Patcher that doesn't give me a trojan, so any assistance to get one sans virus would be appreciated.

This is awesome! No rush, of course, but any idea when a complete patch will be out? I know it's best to wait for Heroes to be added, of course.

My two cents on the subtitle: I really liked "Heroes of Light and Shadow" over "New Mystery of the Emblem" and thought it's more like the name NoA would've given us. Shadow Dragon wasn't called New Shadow Dragon, after all, since the original never came out in the west. Plus, Heroes of Light and Shadow and Shadow Dragon as titles both link the motif of "shadows" much like Binding Blade and Blazing Blade, or Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I'm perfectly fine with using both titles, as you have, but the "New" always seemed out of place to me. Though I suppose I can think of it as something like the Emblem having a new mystery to it compared to its mystery in the previous game. The Shadow Dragon "Fire Emblem" font is a great touch, though.

For a final question, what are you doing with the character's item names. Stuff like "Rody's Lance" would not fit when changed to "Roderick's Lance." These aren't in your changelog, so I'm curious if you checked them over them (or just did replace-all). I've got a couple in my save, so if it carries over with the patch, I'll give it a look.

Oh, and finally, have you considered changing the "How's Everyone" to whatever it is in Awakening?--"barracks," I believe.

Edit: is my patcher not working, or is it supposed to be smaller?

Edited by xatzimi