joesteve1914

Updated FE12 translation patch (Beta 2 released!)

259 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, joesteve1914 said:

Thats from drastic, i'll have to check it on my flashcart tonight.

I'm not seeing it on my side. Was this oddity introduced in one of the updated patches? Because it isn't in the base version of the v3.01 patch.

While my game was loaded, I also confirmed the Dragonstone with the missing period at the end of its description is the Magestone. I'll update my previous post.

Oh man, Glower. I can't wait to forge that.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:46 AM, joesteve1914 said:

I still haven't figured out how to change the order of the names in the guide... I'll keep trying though.

I don't remember it being hard.

FE12Dictionary.bin looks like the most obvious place to check.

If all else fails, you can compare the original with the edited file.

Sadly, I can't remember where I put my notes.

Hopefully it's not in the overlay files, because I really don't remember what I changed there XD

Posted (edited)

On 6/30/2017 at 9:41 AM, Cor Leonis said:

Do you mind posting a screenshot of this oddity? I don't ever remember encountering this, but my latest playthrough was on real hardware through a flashcart. Part of me says your concern might be an emulation error and not an actual problem with the patch.

I am also playing this on a flashcart on my DS. I can't remember if this occurred in the v3.01 patch, but it does occur in the beta 1 version. This is a very minor graphical error so if it's not fixable, not a problem.

EDIT: Also, another graphical glitch I noticed was the Magic Breath from the dragons. There is a corrupt text/sprite following the enemy equip. Either pulling the wrong character or overflow?

Edited by Lost Knight

How do I apply this update to the patch?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FluffyWarlock said:

How do I apply this update to the patch?

Patch your japanese fe12 rom with the 3.01 patch found here-

http://www.heroesofshadow.net/p/downloads.html?m=1

Then apply the patch in the OP on the same rom.

My apologies, I haven't been keeping this thread updated. I've been very busy the last two weeks with the holiday weekend and a lot of work at my job. I'm going to spend this weekend fixing the bugs that were brought up here.

If someone could post or pm me a save with a chapter with mage breath in it I'd be grateful. It'd save me a little time since I lost my one and only fe12 save :)

Edited by joesteve1914

On 7/14/2017 at 8:58 PM, Cor Leonis said:

Thanks!

On 7/1/2017 at 5:02 PM, Lost Knight said:

EDIT: Also, another graphical glitch I noticed was the Magic Breath from the dragons. There is a corrupt text/sprite following the enemy equip. Either pulling the wrong character or overflow?

What chapter was this in? It doesn't appear to happen in the Endgame at least. 

What program do I use to patch the file? I used xdelta ui, but the rom is still patched with the original Heroes of Shadow patch.