joesteve1914

Updated FE12 translation patch (Beta 2 released!)

1 hour ago, xatzimi said:

For a final question, what are you doing with the character's item names. Stuff like "Rody's Lance" would not fit when changed to "Roderick's Lance." These aren't in your changelog, so I'm curious if you checked them over them (or just did replace-all). I've got a couple in my save, so if it carries over with the patch, I'll give it a look.

Oh, and finally, have you considered changing the "How's Everyone" to whatever it is in Awakening?--"barracks," I believe.

Edit: is my patcher not working, or is it supposed to be smaller?

Roderick's Lance was shortened to "Roderick's Lnc" iirc. 

If "How's Everyone" and "Barracks" share the same name in the japanese version than it will be changed.

And yes its supposed to be smaller (~74 mbs i think)

11 minutes ago, joesteve1914 said:

And yes its supposed to be smaller (~74 mbs i think)

That's quite peculiar, but I don't know the technicalities of it. However, it now does not work on my flash cart.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:03 PM, xatzimi said:

That's quite peculiar, but I don't know the technicalities of it. However, it now does not work on my flash cart.

Does it work on an emulator?

so, Fire Emblem Warriors has released in the west. The name for War of Shadows has been officially localized in Marth and Celica's support conversations; I delayed this patch a bit to implement any last minute name changes brought about by things localized via Warriors.

if anyone notices anything in Warriors that is a localization of a term exclusive to 12, please let us know here! It would help things move along more smoothly

Question: If I have a previous version of the patch can I overwrite it or will I have to re-patch a Japanese ROM?

In either of these cases would save file transferring work, and if so, how?

You'll likely have to use an unpatched rom unless it says otherwise. Did it myself before, didn't work.

As for save transferring, I'd say it depends on your emulator how you go about it. For most, I've seen changing the name of the save file to be the same as the new rom and leaving it where it'll be noticed by the emulator can work, but I can't tell if it works for the DS emulators (Partly as trying to find the save files is somehow tricky for me, for Desmume at least)

Edited by Dayni

The OP says to patch on top of the 3.01 of the Heroes of Light and Shadow translation.

Okay, I'm still not sure how to update the rom. Everyone says to patch on top of the 3.01 version but, how do you patch on top of it? All instructions I found only apply the 3.01 version and nothing seems to apply the updates.

Okay, I figured it out but it took a while to realize I needed the xdeltaUI as it's not stated on the first post.

Edited by Silmarwen
Misspelling