Characters that have grown on you

mewyeon

Note: If this isn't supposed to be a separate thread and needs to go in another thread, please move it.  I've only made like one other thread a long time ago so please forgive me :3

I think one of Nintendo's goals with FE Heroes is to introduce players to more characters from the franchise, so that maybe you might be encouraged to go check out buy the games they come from.  I don't know how many of you are in a similar situation, but I've only played 3 FE games before Awakening.  There were a lot of new faces even in the limited number of heroes released at launch, despite the fact that it was Awakening/Fates heavy.  At any rate, I think it's likely that you've had to use characters other than just your favorites to progress through the story/get what you need.  Throughout this ongoing journey, are there any new (or old, really) characters that you've come to have an appreciation for? Or have elevated to waifu/husbando status?

For me personally, I was prepared to write off Nino as another squishy kiddie mage, until I saw her taking care of business real quick.  I also initially only used Hawkeye as a last resort because I didn't have enough 4* green units, but I've become hopelessly addicted to his voice :wub:.  I could say the same thing for Barst.  And Raven...I thought there was no need for him with the other two present, but I can't help but find his resting b*tch face really cute.  I didn't know any of these ppl existed prior to Heroes, so even if the game's story is quite barebones at the moment, I'm really glad Nintendo brought a big party to the house XD Certainly, it's made me want to look more into these characters and their respective games.

37 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Note: If this isn't supposed to be a separate thread and needs to go in another thread, please move it.  I've only made like one other thread a long time ago so please forgive me :3

I think one of Nintendo's goals with FE Heroes is to introduce players to more characters from the franchise, so that maybe you might be encouraged to go check out buy the games they come from.  I don't know how many of you are in a similar situation, but I've only played 3 FE games before Awakening.  There were a lot of new faces even in the limited number of heroes released at launch, despite the fact that it was Awakening/Fates heavy.  At any rate, I think it's likely that you've had to use characters other than just your favorites to progress through the story/get what you need.  Throughout this ongoing journey, are there any new (or old, really) characters that you've come to have an appreciation for? Or have elevated to waifu/husbando status?

For me personally, I was prepared to write off Nino as another squishy kiddie mage, until I saw her taking care of business real quick.  I also initially only used Hawkeye as a last resort because I didn't have enough 4* green units, but I've become hopelessly addicted to his voice :wub:.  I could say the same thing for Barst.  And Raven...I thought there was no need for him with the other two present, but I can't help but find his resting b*tch face really cute.  I didn't know any of these ppl existed prior to Heroes, so even if the game's story is quite barebones at the moment, I'm really glad Nintendo brought a big party to the house XD Certainly, it's made me want to look more into these characters and their respective games.

Yeah and we can now know what they sound like with actual voices.

Edited by PuffPuff

Lilina. She was the only 4* in a mostly 3* pull. First I was really sad with the crappy units until I started using her. I really love her art too! Once I found out she's Roy's childhood friend I decided she's the first one I'm upgrading to a 5* (probably xD).

Really got attached to Roy too. I used to play him in both Melee and I've heard he's no good in Heroes... still using him anyway!

*edit* Nino too btw! I love most units with green hair anyway. Once I googled her I really want to play the game she's in (Roy and Lilina too)

Edited by Chelone

57 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Catria.  Before, I really didn't care for her one way or another, even though I've played FE11.  However, just how useful she turned out for me here made my opinion of her much more positive than "Meh, whatever."

Same. 

I haven't tried many other characters out yet and the ones in my main party are mainly enjoyable and I know most of them. Having a 5* Robin does make a difference in the party.

At first I thought Serra was such a terrible disgusting spoiled girl, who cares about no one but herself which is ironic cause she's a healer. But her quotes are what gets me. Adore me! Bow down to me! I'm here, lucky you! Hearing that over and over and over again really made me draw a little close. Makes me want to play blazing blade. Even so,  L̶y̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶a̶b̶y̶.

Shanna. Thany

Due to the abundance of characters in the Binding Blade, I never really used her, but she's my favorite (most useful) Pegasus Knight so far in Heroes.

After multiple failed attempts at capturing the elusive Takumi, I settled with Virion, and I too became enchanted by his elegance. I also like how Raven gets annoyed by me touching him instead of fawning over you like a lot of the other characters do.

Merric. As much as I love the guy, my 4* Merric wasn't pulling his own weight. Once I got him leveled to around 30 and I got the hang of the game, I started to use him in place of Felicia. I can only hope I get enough feathers to promote him to 5*, along with my 4* Robin

Gunther has been my 2nd reliable axeman of all of my pulls, that ended up on my main team. Granted, that was because Sheena's mov is too low for her to keep up, unless I had Roy to shove her around the map. Props to you, old man

Call me odd, but Takumi grew on me. He's my no.1 character atm. His lines made me understand why some people obsess over him (as I do Leo), and I gained respect for his character. 

Part of me thinks its because I don't have Leo in my roster though >.<

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

Gunther has been my 2nd reliable axeman of all of my pulls, that ended up on my main team. Granted, that was because Sheena's mov is too low for her to keep up, unless I had Roy to shove her around the map. Props to you, old man

Geez, you ninja'd me XD. Gunter was my other grow on me character for similar reasons.

I used to think Takumi was a self-entitled prick. Now I think he's a self-entitled prick who's the best guy for ravaging my enemies :D

More seriously (?), a character which flew entirely under my radar until Heroes is Bartre. After reading his dialogue he is now the Hero I most wanna knock down a beer or 10 w/ :P

Shanna!  Really, Shanna has been pretty good.  Her chatter is fun, too.

I've also been warming up to Palla more.  Catria's my favorite of the Whitewing trio, but Palla's becoming more appreciated.  You trickster you.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

At first I thought Serra was such a terrible disgusting spoiled girl, who cares about no one but herself which is ironic cause she's a healer. But her quotes are what gets me. Adore me! Bow down to me! I'm here, lucky you! Hearing that over and over and over again really made me draw a little close.

Serra is love, Serra is life.

14 minutes ago, ZXApocrypha said:

I used to think Takumi was a self-entitled prick. Now I think he's a self-entitled prick who's the best guy for ravaging my enemies :D

Takumi's being a scum because he isn't joining me, so all his appearance in this game is doing is making me like him less.  Pretty soon he'll be less likable to me than Garon.

Shanna for me too!

When I played Sealed Sword I used Tate, I always used Tate for that game... But now in Heroes there is no Tate, so I got Shanna on my team, I read her quotes, I know here better now... And now I like her more.

Echoing a few other posters here, Shanna's surprised me. I hadn't played FE6, but given that she's a pegasus knight, and those rarely work out for me, I wasn't expecting much from her. But she's actually pretty great, with her Killer Lance and Iceberg and actually solid Resistance and Speed and a decent Attack stat. And she can fly, which is nice. And I like her chatter. Gotta train her up some, but if I can avoid maps with Archers in the Training Tower, that shouldn't be too difficult.

Also, Wrys. He can't fight, but he can heal my whole team with a single use of his staff, which is pretty useful. Gotta train him up a little more, but (between Heavenly Light and Slow) he'll probably be one of a rotating set of go-to healers for my A team soon enough (alongside Lissa, Serra and Clarine, all of whom I expected to be good).

Yes, I voted Raigh in the character poll.  I didn't realize he'd be the solution to various problems in the game.  Beast-killing on top of Seal Res and Rally Attack means that he can be used as setup, utility, or making things cry.  The HP skills give him the bulk he needs to survive.  He works so well with Fae, too!

Loving the ones that Say they have better opinions on Thany :D

Regardless Gwendlein and Narcian grew on me quickly. I was surprized how helpful The armored unit was gonna be for me in the game.

As for Narcian.... I just cant help but love his voice and art style. before all that id forget they even existed.

6 hours ago, mewyeon said:

"Resting b*tch face," hahaha! Ain't Raven great, though? I was just poking him a minute ago because I love the super grumpy inflections in his voice. "I'm not angry, this is just my face." Also, glad I'm not the only one who adores Barst's voice. That and his very nicely done artwork made me grow attached to him very quickly.

I've come to like Nino as well. At first, I figured she'd just be that plucky mage girl I'd end up rolling my eyes at because she wouldn't be taking the situation seriously, but she's not like that at all. She feels far more realistic and is very likable.

Shanna and Fae are also characters I was afraid I was going to find annoying, but they're both really fun.

Jeorge is another character I didn't know a thing about, but I love his artwork. He's been a damn good archer, too.

Draug was probably the biggest surprise for me, though. Didn't expect to pull a cinnamon roll of an armor knight only to laugh in disbelief after seeing how freakin' tall he is. He's been on my main team for a while now, and many a match have ended with him tanking an onslaught with Robin sniping from behind him. He is one tough cookie.

I havent played Fates or Awakening, but Oboro and Lucina ( probably in my top 5 for fav FE characters now ) have really grown on me. Same with Raigh. That little dude is a horse-nuker. Oh, and Gwendolyn/Wendy as well.

Edit: Oh, and Cherche too. The fact that she's my strongest green unit atm and drawn by Sachiko Wada is just a bonus. 

Edited by tailfin

11 hours ago, Chelone said:

Lilina. She was the only 4* in a mostly 3* pull. First I was really sad with the crappy units until I started using her. I really love her art too! Once I found out she's Roy's childhood friend I decided she's the first one I'm upgrading to a 5* (probably xD).

Really got attached to Roy too. I used to play him in both Melee and I've heard he's no good in Heroes... still using him anyway!

*edit* Nino too btw! I love most units with green hair anyway. Once I googled her I really want to play the game she's in (Roy and Lilina too)

Nino's game is My favorite game of the FE series, but good luck on battle before dawn!

So far the character that has grown on me the most is Gordin! (I ALMOST HAVE 20,000 feathers!SOON HE WILL BE 5*!)