Best Heroes for each color

flaredare911

I figured this would be a good place for us to discuss what heroes we've had the best luck using for each color. 

Here's mine:

Red: Roy

Blue: Peri 

Green: Minerva, Cecilia

Grey: Setsuna, Matthew

Matthew's strength might not be amazing but his skills generally make up for it. Unfortunately I don't have many 4 star blues. Florina has been my main blue unit but her strength and defense make her so weak she's definitely not keeping up. Just got a 4 star Nowi (she's blue) and her ability to counter regardless of distance is great; but her defense/resistance hasn't made it all that useful. What have you guys seen? I know Takumi, Ryoma, and Hector are definitely OP for their respective colors but I haven't had the privilege to pull them yet. 

So personally.

Red: Hana. Really good speed and atk make her an offensive beast. Also the bane of any Hector as he gets oneshot.

Blue: Cordelia. I got her and Catria both at 4* but still feel like Cordelia performs better because she guarantees a kill on Red swords with no damage taken.

Green: Cecilia. With 3 movement and 2 range she can hit stuff 5 tiles away. Bonus damage vs colourless makes her a terror against Takumi's and Kagero's

Colourless: Jeorge. Because of the lack of better mostly. His blazing flame special is great but charges a bit too slow and mostly he weakens enemies a bit either in their HP so a melee can finish off or in their atk so a melee can survive two hits.

Having to replace Hana with the 5* Roy for the bonus points sucks but what can one do about it.

I really want to level Hana, but have Lucina already and a 4* Lon'Qu, hana only 2* so not sure she is worth it for now.

Anyway, i don't have loads of characters but so far:

Red: Lucille (does a lot of damage and boosts others attack)

Green: Raven (I have Camilla but I actually enjoy him more, plus Camilla seems to get one-shotted an awful lot)

Grey: Kagero (decent mobility and attack)

Blue: Odin (I only have him and Shanna at 4*, nothing higher, so this is kinda a duff vote as I don't really like either of them)

I have a couple of side files while resetting for Ryoma so

Don't have all of these guys on my main, but I've used them

Red: Ryoma by far. Ranged counter is hella good, and since unfortunately I don't have Hector he's the closest thing I have to a tank in that he doesn't die in 1 hit and can draw out enemies. Lyn is very good, though. 

Blue: Abel at 5* is pretty great. 3 movement Brave Lance coupled with Olivia is very good at just removing enemies fast. Robin is also solid.

Green: I haven't had any 5* greens rolled, so out of the 4s I like Gunther and Cecilia.

Clear: Takumi

Red: Ryoma & Lyn. Tbh I really dislike Lyn. Ryoma does everything so much better. She is in my current team for points, but I'd rather replace her. You can replace Lyn with Ryoma, but u cannot replace Ryoma with Lyn. She is so terrible against the Falchion users.

Blue: Started off with Odin, because he was my only blue. This 4* hasn't been to good to me, but he carried till today. 5* Abel & 5* F Corrin on lvl 35 right now, so those will replace him. Probably Abel, because he just shreds red units and is also fine against grey ones. Probably both are gonna be in my main team.

Green: Same as with blue; never got a real green unit. Though 5* Hawkeye carried most of the time. He does the job (green>blue), but beside that he is quite useless. Still hoping 1 day a Hector will replace the guy.

Grey: I had terrible luck when it comes to grey characters. The highest healer I ever got from summons was 3* (Clarine lv. 34). Would have loved a Takumi as everyone, but no luck there. Even Felicia/Kagero would have made it to 5*. A lv 20 4* Olivia is currently waiting for feathers. Maybe she will bring more luck!

Red: Lyn, despite the fact people dislike her, I love her very much, She just kills everything she needs too but the best fact is that mine has a pretty good Def and Res, so she tanks and deals good damage. I also have 5* Roy, but I'm still on the struggle to lvl up him. 

Blue: I don't really have an awesome 5* blue unit, but I guess my best one would be 4* Robin.  

Green: Camilla. I don't know why but she's just... I don't know, mine has above average speed, she does the killing/tanking job pretty well.

Gray: Takumi and 4* Kagero. I don't even need to explain why Takumi, right?  Kagero is awesome for killing Falchion things, she weakens then up and anyone, even Camilla, can finish them. 

Red: Lilina. Her magic damage is just so ludicriously high that she packs a punch even with a WTD.

Blue: Robin. Tanky and can fare competently against clear units like Takumi.

Green: Sheena. She's only died once, and that's while I was grinding her up early on in the Training Tower.

Clear: TACO MEAT

Green: Camilla. She's a monster.

Blue: Haha I have no good blues :)

Red: Chrom. Even as a 4 star he hits like a ton of bricks. 

Colorless: Sakura, since she can heal and debuff depending on the situation

I have almost no good heroes rofl

RED: Roy (5*). I pulled him fairly early on, and at first I was hesitant to use him since I had Lyn. But then I did anyway, because favoritism, and damn this guy can wreck dudes. Pretty much anything that isn't either a non-Green knight or a Blue non-mage gets murdered by Roy, and his actually-alright defenses make him more likely to survive than Lyn too, which is quite a plus. Also he has Seal Defense 3, which is a beautiful thing to combine with Jeorge (or just make sure Roy wins on the next attack). Possibly my best unit at the moment (though being really weak against Blues does hurt him quite a bit).

Honorable Mentions:

Lyn (5*) who I've had since Day 1. She carried me through Normal Story and she's probably the unit I've used the most, but now Roy has surpassed her. Maybe she'll get better with Galeforce, I dunno, but for now she's taking a back seat to Roy.

Marth (5*) who is a recent acquisition, but he has a monstrous Attack stat and self-healing via Falchion. His defenses are a bit questionable right now, but he's a ways behind Roy and Lyn, so I could see that improving in the future. He's probably not getting Roy's spot on my main team, but I might switch him in if I expect to fight dragons, or need someone a bit more survivable than Roy (thanks to that self-heal).

Hana (4*) murders Knights easily, does solid damage and doubles a lot, but she doesn't take hits well at all. So she's exactly how I remember her being in Fates. Gonna train her up further for when we inevitably get a Knight-heavy special map, so I have a good Red unit for that.

BLUE: Robin (4*). Bit of a shaky start, to the point where I briefly benched him for F!Corrin, but I've since brought him back, and between magic damage, WTA over colorless, and Spur Defense, he's really pulled his weight. And by "really pulled his weight" I mean he's probably my best unit at the moment (it's him or Roy, really).

HM:

Shanna (4*) is a speedy, near-magic-proof and surprisingly strong flyer (especially with Killer Lance + Iceberg). She can't compete with Robin's utility to my team, but I could see myself using them together in the future.

Female Corrin (4*) is a good tank with solid debuffs, but something about her just wasn't working for me. I'll make her work some day tho.

GREEN: I don't have one right now. Training up Narcian (looks promising, like a green Roy on wings, except not quite as good as Roy) and Cecilia (so slow and kinda fragile, but maybe she'll improve) tho.

GREY: Jeorge (4*). A pretty solid archer with an Attack debuff and Speed aura. He's not as good as Roy or Robin unless there are flyers about, and even then he occasionally isn't enough (like against Narcian...), but he's still pretty solid (mostly for his Skills).

HM:

Lissa (3*), Clarine (4*), Serra (3*): My healers. All of them have been useful to me (Lissa I got in my first pull, she did pretty well until I got Clarine, Clarine works when I need a more mobile healer, Serra gives me big heals), but I wouldn't put any of them over Jeorge.

Edited by ILikeKirbys
Swapped Lyn and Roy's positions

Red: Ryoma - This man has been with me since my 4th pull. He is extremely fast, hits hard, and can counter ranged attacks. For the most part, Ryoma can handle anything, but at endgame he does suffer from magical units and high DEF characters.

HM: Marth - My initial 5* character I got with me 2nd pull, Marth helped out early game and early arenas when I ran up against Dragons. However, he was replaced by Ryoma as I found Ryoma to be much more useful than Marth.

HM: Cain - My other initial 5* character, joining up with Marth. Cain has been with me ever since the 2nd pull due to his Brave Sword, Threaten ATT passive, and extra mobility since he is a Cavalry unit. He works well in the Arena baiting Lucinas and Lyns, reducing their ATT, and can even defeat some of them on his own despite his lower SPD.
==========
Blue: None - I honestly never had a good Blue unit (even into Lunatic) as my main team was always Ryoma, Cain, Sakura, and Camilla (with Felicia subbing for Sakura sometimes). While I have some Blues now, such as a 4* Nowi and a 3* Robin, they haven't contributed much to my overall progression of the game to be worthy of mention.
==========
Green: Camilla - For the most part, Camilla was my only good Green unit, but she did her job rather well. She is resistant to Magic and has an edge in offense due to her Darting Blow, and her Brave Weapon makes Camilla scary to go up against. She is a bit squishy when not on the offensive though.
==========
Grey: Sakura - My main healer. While she is only a 4* unit, she proved to be invaluable in healing her big brother Ryoma who was my main tank, and occasionally heal my off-tank Cain and flier Camilla as needed. Her Defense buff is also useful.

HM: Felicia - My main debuff unit. Also just a 4*, Felicia provided amazing utility and was my anti-mage character for a time. However, she was replaced by Camilla in my main team composition, but Felicia remains a strong alternative character due to her debuffs. She is my prime candidate to 5* so she can get her Silver Dagger+ for extra damage and a stronger debuff (-7 instead of -5).

Blue: Corrin(F) - She is a magic attacker which helps for team variety. She has pretty good Def and Res, and with her Dark Breath attack and Seal Res she is a good debuffer.

Green: Raven - Brave Axe with all around good stats, he has been my MVP since my 2nd pull.

Red: Selena or Olivia - I don't have many good red characters, but Selena and Olivia are my mains so far. Olivia is weak in Def and Res, but her dancing ability is very helpful. Selena is more defensive than Olivia and with an armor slayer and Triangle Attack she can deal with Green units quite well. I would like to replace them with a better character though...

Grey: Wyrs - Good healer with decent Def and Res. Can often survive an attack from an enemy. Can heal 10 Hp to everyone else as his special skill.

Red: 5* Lyn (currently a 5*-only unit, high Spd and Atk, gets Night Sky/Astra/Galeforce)

Blue: 4* Cordelia (flying Brave Lance, has Triangle Adept and access to Astra) or 4* Effie (Wary Fighter Silver Lance armor knight; Smite support)

Green: 4* Cecilia (mounted mage unit; gets WTA vs. blue and colorless units; Rally Res support)

Colorless: 4* Lissa (healer, access to Renewal, Reconciliation or Rehabilitation, Imbue or Fire-Kindle Balm support, Gravity support)

21 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Green: Camilla. She's a monster.

Blue: Haha I have no good blues :)

Red: Chrom. Even as a 4 star he hits like a ton of bricks. 

Colorless: Sakura, since she can heal and debuff depending on the situation

I have almost no good heroes rofl

After posting that I have no good blues I got 5* Robin and 4* Catria (which completed my team of 4 fliers!) so I guess the RNG Gods heard me whining.

And because my flier team got completed, by best Red unit is now Caeda. Providing a 6 point buff to defenses is clutch and makes grinding Narcian and Catria a LOT easier. 

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

For arena offense/defense:

Red: Lyn/Ryoma (Lyn on offense = tank 1 hit --> 2 free kills, whereas Ryoma's better for defense given his flexible counter)

Blue: Robin/Robin (he's too good in the Takumi meta not to use in both xD )

Green: Raven/Hector (debatable b/c Hector has higher stats, and using him in offense can pit you against better teams and lead to a higher point/rank ceiling, but Raven's hard to pass up for his -def debuff and solid speed despite using a brave weapon)

Grey: Takumi/Takumi (-spd debuff + flexible counter + special that synergizes w/ his 1-2 range counter, and base 2 range + no inherent weakness [except niche heroes w/ bowbreaker and Hector]? wtf is this hero?)

This will of course be all up to my own opinion...

Red: I would say Lyn. She becomes incredibly powerful once she is at or below half health. But Ryoma and Lucina are more practical units overall. Tiki is also nice.

Blue: Azura. Dancing in this game is awesome, since you can't control which units you pull and giving a 5* a second turn to attack is great. Plus she blows away Sword users which are really common. Runner up would be Robin.

Green: Hector. Actually, I can't think of too many solid greens. Julia could be interesting, though!

Grey: Takumi of course. Kagero is also pretty cool. 

Red: I have to choose between Corrin, Young Tiki, Olivia, and Raigh.  Thanks, OP. :P:

Green: Camilla if there's no arrows, Raven if there is.  Honorable mention to Fae for being hilarious.

Blue: I spent feathers to get Odin to 4*.  Need to train Shanna, since I just pulled her.

Colorless healer: Sakura, by far.  Buffing defense/resistance on the same turn is insane, and Fear has saved me more times than I care to admit.

Colorless offense: Virion and his ability to neuter the enemy's offense.  Honorable mention to Jakob for doing the same to defensive stats.

Red: Formerly Lyn, but now rocking Lucina, since she just decimates anything that happens to be green, and the bonus against dragons is nice too.

Green: Didn't have a good green unit, until I lucked out on drawing Hector, and now he just wrecks Robins and Takumis.

Blue: Robin for the advantage against colorless units, but thinking about replacing him for FemCorrin.

Colorless: Takumi. Nuff said.

Red: Lillina (i have alot of reds though). She laughs at armor units.

Green: Hawkeye: honestly the only green i actually use.

Blue: Subaki: once again, the only one i use.

Grey: Jeorge: its either him or the 2 star Virion.

Red: Tiki. amazing stats across the board. destroyer of Hectors.

Blue: It's hard to argue against Azura, but Robin is such a good assist on my team. Spur Def is a key component in my arena strat, and he's the only mage that can take a few hits.

Colorless: Takumi....

Green: Fae. Just like Tiki, fantastic stats across the board, only character i can think of (besides Catria) where every skill at her disposal is incredibly useful.

Also, why is everyone saying Cecilia for green? She's terrible. Maybe even the worst unit I've used so far. Sure, she looks good on paper with her colorless effective weapon and her Res-up, but she has awful Defense and Speed and will get one shotted by anything physical or Red. 

Edited by NOTchazbc24

10 minutes ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

why is everyone saying Cecilia for green?

3 move is greatness yo

Also I simply haven't trained many greens, my only other ones that I like enough to give the time of day are Fae and the Nino I got earlier today.  Fae has some useful skills, but I'm having some trouble using her as a frontliner.

In my main account:

Red:  Lucina, young Tiki

Blue: M. Robin, going to raise Effie and Nowi since they are both amazing!

Green:  Julia is a beast.  Still after my missing Hector...he just won't come home.

Colorless:  Takumi all the way.  I got Kagero to raise up to try.