Legendary weapons balance in heroes

Rapha666br

So, It seems like they nerfed most legendary weapons, so the lords don't overshadow other characters. But the balance bitween them is completely off. Roy's Sword of Seals, one of the most OP legendary weapons ever, got nerfed badly. It Lost a lot of the protection buffs( DEF and RES in smaller values and limited use), but more importantly, It Lost the iconic ranged flame atack. Ryoma got a ranged counter at the same power, but of course, doesn't have any buffs. Are you kidding me that small +2 DEF/RES is a  Fair trade off for the lack of a ranged counter? Takumi has both close and ranged counters, and his weapon has the same power, with an added colorless advantage( although the Double ranged counter is from his skill). That only shows how completely off their balance is. I can only imagine the disapointment when Ike and his Ragnel comes with the lost ranged atack.

Do you think they will rebalance this stuff? Takumi needs an emergency nerf, like seriously.

As you yourself stated, Takumi is not broken because of his legendary weapon, so I'm not sure how that's relevant to the current topic.

I think Ike will have the ability to counter at 2 range just like Ryoma does.

As far as balancing goes i think everything is fine right now. It is good that there are some characters that are all around much better than others. As far as i know, every single character can either be 1RKO'ed or completely walled out by certain other characters/combinations, so there is no one who is so much better than the rest that they are completely broken. And even if you don't have a perfect counter to the likes of Takumi and Hector, there are still ways of dealing with them. 

As it stands, computer controlled teams are pretty easy to outsmart/cheese your way to victory. If an actual PvP mode gets introduced, then things could become pretty interesting.

Edited by Hawk King

Yeah, the Binding Blade only giving +2 Def/Res, only on the enemy phase as well, and the Eckesachs only giving -4 Def to enemies 2 spaces away are nothing compared to the Rajinto/Siegfried's in built ability to counter from a distance. ESPECIALLY when these weapons also have that ability in FE6. While it isn't their weapon, I don't understand why Takumi and Hector get skills that allow them to counter at a distance when they have never had that ability either. At this point, I fully expect the Ragnell and Alondite to have the ability to counter at range.

8 hours ago, Suichimo said:

Yeah, the Binding Blade only giving +2 Def/Res, only on the enemy phase as well, and the Eckesachs only giving -4 Def to enemies 2 spaces away are nothing compared to the Rajinto/Siegfried's in built ability to counter from a distance. ESPECIALLY when these weapons also have that ability in FE6. While it isn't their weapon, I don't understand why Takumi and Hector get skills that allow them to counter at a distance when they have never had that ability either. At this point, I fully expect the Ragnell and Alondite to have the ability to counter at range.

I forgot about Hector. Gostaria 1-2 range is completely nonsense, should have given him something Else.

14 hours ago, Refa said:

As you yourself stated, Takumi is not broken because of his legendary weapon, so I'm not sure how that's relevant to the current topic.

Yup, that was a bit contradictory, but It was Just an exemple of terrible overall character balance. Imo, that, that Skill should be nerfed.

Believe I also hate how obviously they wanted to make things like Ryoma OP and Roy just a one trick pony(best counter to greens and an ok match for other lords), like Raijinto having the ability to counter everything, Falchions recovering HP and dealing bonus damage to Dragons, and Roy getting that +2 Def/Res crap, if it was at least  a +5.

On the good side there seems to be an incoming new version of Roy so it maybe gets something good, but seriously it appears that in EVERY entry of any game Roy appears it needs to be below the other lords.

53 minutes ago, Roxachronc said:

Believe I also hate how obviously they wanted to make things like Ryoma OP and Roy just a one trick pony(best counter to greens and an ok match for other lords), like Raijinto having the ability to counter everything, Falchions recovering HP and dealing bonus damage to Dragons, and Roy getting that +2 Def/Res crap, if it was at least  a +5.

On the good side there seems to be an incoming new version of Roy so it maybe gets something good, but seriously it appears that in EVERY entry of any game Roy appears it needs to be below the other lords.

We got Melee Roy in this game then Lol

Edited by Rapha666br

idk, Roy being one of the best Hector counters and being one of the few melee units that can tank magic to some extent is pretty significant. Shove is nice as well.

He's the utility lord to be sure, but he's very good at it and covers multiple utility uses: Counters an SS unit, can tank non-blue tome/dragons reasonably well, can push around units if he doesn't have a good target to go after. 

5 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

idk, Roy being one of the best Hector counters and being one of the few melee units that can tank magic to some extent is pretty significant. Shove is nice as well.

He's the utility lord to be sure, but he's very good at it and covers multiple utility uses: Counters an SS unit, can tank non-blue tome/dragons reasonably well, can push around units if he doesn't have a good target to go after. 

Still it should be better, also worth of noting is that I am using Roy for killing Robins since my Camilla turned out to have a crappy -ATK bane, Roy can take a hit from Robin, his seal activates, next turn I attack him(and since my roy is +SPD it doubles unless he is also +SPD) and then kill with Lilina or use Takumi to set up a Revenge next turn(Takumi attacks, receives a hit from Robin and drops to like 5 HP, then kill, so Robin is out and next turn I can kill something with Takumi).

Also Shove is good against things like Effie, for example in my case my Lilina 2OHKOes all the effies I think(since she has a + ATK and FCorrin boost if I need it), so I attack with her, then use Shove to be out of range of Effie and kill next turn, Takumi also works.

Currently have like 28 matches won in a row with Roy,Lilina,Takumi andFCorrin(used to be Camilla but I dont need her for Blue units anymore and the boost help me one shot Takumis with Lilina).