FE4 : Real Survival Mode

Tetragrammaton

This is a small hack for the old game Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War.

You can apply the patch FE4 Real Survival Mode.ips to a clean FE4 rom with header.

In this hack, all of the units/characters/enemies only have 1 HP, whoever gets hit first will die.

Ambush always actives, so Arden/Lex/Johan/Hannibal will have a chance to kill their enemies beforehand.

Casual Mode added, unit dies in previous chapter can still fight in the next chapter, except for Sigurd/Celice/Cuan/Ethlyn/Fin.

FE4 Real Survival Mode.zip

Edited by hanhnn

On 2/17/2017 at 7:07 PM, Kruggov said:

More like Heaven or Hell. Also, bye bye Arden/Lex/Johan/Johalva/Hannibal, maybe Azel too, Dew/Ayra/Lewyn are gonna be OPAF.

Yeah, dodge tankers are OP.

For the others, maybe Ambush active at full health should be the cure.

On 2/20/2017 at 10:37 AM, X-Naut said:

Does the 1 HP only apply to player units?

It applies to all units, friends or foes.

I've updated the new version in first post.

Ambush always actives, so Arden/Lex/Johan/Hannibal will have a chance to kill their enemies beforehand.

Casual Mode added, unit dies in previous chapter can still fight in the next chapter, except for Sigurd/Celice/Cuan/Ethlyn/Fin.

Sorry for butchering your UN, its really late here haha.

Also there is unfortunately an odd audio delay, dno why.

Edited by Jedi

Awesome!

Does charge/duel still work?

Also, I would suggest changing weapons and rings around a bit, since might, health drain and critical are worthless, as are buffs to strenght, magic and defense (resistance is still good against offensive staves).

On 3/5/2017 at 4:40 PM, Enaluxeme said:

Awesome!

Does charge/duel still work?

Also, I would suggest changing weapons and rings around a bit, since might, health drain and critical are worthless, as are buffs to strenght, magic and defense (resistance is still good against offensive staves).

I don't change the skill, but I think there may be some weird side effect, like the strange AI behavior in Jedi's video clip.

Somehow I think I should remove the Casual mode.

9 hours ago, hanhnn said:

I don't change the skill, but I think there may be some weird side effect, like the strange AI behavior in Jedi's video clip.

Somehow I think I should remove the Casual mode.

Would you be able to fix the AI problem?

Now that I think about it, what would you remove casual mode for? If it could help with problems then pay me no mind, but it might be a good thing to keep around for certain people. I can already think of someone I met recently who might enjoy this.

Edited by ZoeTrent

On 3/7/2017 at 6:12 PM, ZoeTrent said:

Would you be able to fix the AI problem?

Now that I think about it, what would you remove casual mode for? If it could help with problems then pay me no mind, but it might be a good thing to keep around for certain people. I can already think of someone I met recently who might enjoy this.

I think I can make the enemies a bit more aggressive, but that will require a lot of works.

Casual mode is good for players without losing unit, it just makes the game a lot more easier than non casual mode I think.