Favourite Children of Awakening

FleetofFeet

Favourite Children of Awakening  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Male Child

2. 2. Favourite Female Child

For males, I like Inigo and Morgan, but I think I like Inigo a tad bit more. I think he's quite the charming character.

As for females, I love Morgan. I dunno why, I just really like her. I also like her voice a lot, I thought it was really fitting. Other than Morgan, I like Lucina, Severa and Cynthia. :p

Laurent is my favorite on the first list.  He was a stabilizing force among the various personalities of the other children.

The second one is tough.  Lucina, Morgan, and Cynthia are my top three.  I'll pick Morgan since she was the most entertaining of the bunch when it came to support conversations.

I like Brandy. I like the contrast between his gangster's face and his personality. The only reason I let him marry my daughter, Noire.

My second favorite male children is Owain.(but I don't really like Odin) Because he is the chosen one, I give him Excalibur and my daughter, Morgan.

I cannot choose between Morgan and Noire. I like them both. #clearnotbecausetheyaremydaughters

#blametakumi

I like Morgan shiny personality, maybe a little prankster and maybe not many like Owain's personality(I mean other character/people within the game), but I can see her cheer up him during the hard time. I give her all the support skill that can be useful to Owain.

Like I like Brandy's contrast, I also like Noire's. To make more funny I make my wife as Sniper and she as Sage. More funny that her personal tome is Mjolnir.

Guess who get valflame.

Noire wins favourite female child for being both adorable and hilarious at times. Though the general hilarity of Fem!Morgans sadistic actions make her a contender, the only female child I dislike is Cynthia because she's annoying and pairing off sumia's a pain.

As for Males it would have to go to Inigo despite his tendancies he is actually very sweet his supports with his father in particular are standouts (Though my favourite support is him and Noire's line because funnily enough I find it kind of sweet) the only other male that is worth mentioning is Owain because of how much i cant stand his ham-ness I have tried to so many times but in the end he is just annoying to me 

Edited by Mackc2

Was thinking of being a little shit and just choosing Morgan for both.

But I really like Brady. He's emotional and kind, but doesn't want to show it in fear of weakness. Thats such a common social expectation on men in virtually the entire world, and I see him really struggling with what it means to be strong.

Cynthia wants to be a super hero, a very innocent child dream. But she has this dream, even when coming from a bleak future where there is little hope.

• 1 month later...

My favorite boy is Brady hands down, he is a sweet dork with a bad guy face, he cares a lot about his friends and parents, his desing is brilliant and I love his voice, his seiyuu did an amazing work, also I love his mother.

Second one is Gerome 'cause Batman and OTP bias(CherchexLon'qu) and third one Laurent 'cause he is a sweetheart

For the girl I go for my baby girl Cynthia, I hated her at first but when I get to know her I find myself in love with this clumsy, strong hearted girl that want to be a hero to help others, also extra points 'cause her seiyuu is the same of Naho Saenoki from Corpse Party. Also Sumia is my second waifu un Awakening, the first is Tiki

Second one is Morgan 'cause parent bias, even if I hate her male counterpart, she is funny and a little devil. And third one is Severa 'cause she deserved better and is a very sweet girl once you know her better.

Curious is that my second gen OTP is BradyxCynthia, they fix so well together. And is extra funny because I have married both, Maribelle and Sumia and became parent of them lol

Edited by Truffa

Severa is favorite girl, no question. Inigo is favorite boy with male Morgan as a close second. None of the others really appeal to me much and I downright despise Lucina and female Morgan.

Edited by Anacybele

If were judging purely on Awakening, then Owain and Cynthia. If you include Fates as well, then Inigo/Laslow > Owain/Odin, and Cynthia still reigns supreme.

I like Owain for his entertaining character, even if he's only an average unit IMO. I also love Cynthia, because she's a great unit and fun character, especially in her conversations with Severa, where Cynthia treats her like a villain, and she kinda is. I like Inigo as Laslow more in Fates. Sure, character growth isn't TOO much, but he's a much better unit than in Awakening IMO. Second favourite girl is Nah. Her supports are pretty good, especially when I ship her with Yarne. 

Also, (since I don't really have a place to put this), I felt a lot of characters from Fates were recycled from other games, including Awakening. Cynthia's heroic nature is pretty much a two-dimensional version of Arthur and Percy's characters minus the luck factor.  And, although Benny did it better, Brady still did they "appearance belying the personality" thing first. And Oboro seems like a recycled Severa (not Selena from Conquest), since they both act like dipwads. And Azura seems like a ripoff of Lucina and her whole "It's nothing, don't worry about it," thing. I'm sorry, this is just how I feel. I'm not saying that Awakening is the paragon of character originality, but it's still pretty good.

Inigo has got to be my favorite boy. His support conversation with Olivia gets me in the feels EVERY time, and it's just so sweet. Seeing his interaction with Lucina if they're siblings is funny, too. I do love Yarne and Gerome, too. Inigo just stands out more to me, and he's super cute!!
For females, I voted for Lucina, but aside from her my favorite female child would be Norie. Her docile attitude is what gets me. She's so desperate to see Tharja and prove herself to her, it's bittersweet.
I think my picks are heavily based off of reading chat logs.

I went Brady for male, even though it was a really close one between him and Owain. I chose him because in my first playthrough Maribelle (one of my favourite units in Awakening and favourite female in the game) married Donnel and as such Brady was so damn fun to use. Why Owain... Well, I'M HIS FATHER.

Funnily enough, his wife from that playthrough, Noire, is also my favourite female child. I find her cute (especially with Gaius' hair color) and you can't help but feel bad for the girl because of her mother (fuck you Tharja, Henry is better in any conceivable way).

Male, I went Inigo, though Owain was close, as I like both of them and they are great when given galeforce.

Female: Tough choice. I went with Morgan as they are best daughter, though tbh Tsundere Severa and Noire are very close, as they all have been my children in the game. Of the two I like Severa slightly more because Cordelia.

Owain is always fun to use, and definitely one of the most memorable characters in Awakening. He makes for a great sage.

Noire has one the most fun personalities and I love her criticals. Both of these units make me not want to skip the battle phase animations.

Well, Inigo for males definitely. I can relate to his "wanting to make people smile" thing. I like that he isn't just a philanderer and actually has some depth. Plus he's good looking Brady's a close second though, he just makes me laugh.

I don't really have a favourite female child but Cynthia's pretty cool.

Out of the entirety of the future kids, the only ones I actually cared enough for were Owain & Inigo for the guys and Lucina, Severa & Morgan to a lesser extent. Out of these, the only ones I'd consistently use are Inigo, Lucina and Severa.

For the sake of the poll, I went with Severa, cause Lucy over here has an unfair advantage for having an unbreakable Silver Wyrmslayer and RK 

• 5 weeks later...

Male: Owain may be a bit of an idiot at times, but when I first head him say "My sword hand twitches", he immediately became my favorite child. I also love how he ACTUALLY says dual strike!

female: Nah just because of how she looks like a cute innocent girl yet she needs to go on periodic RAMPAGES in an abandoned field so she doesn't murder everyone.