Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I agree with MrSmokestack that Ninian would be better for the purposes of getting a no-death run, but trading Lucius for Ninian would take your base stat total down about 10 points (depending on their natures), so that might not be feasible.

I have to say the major impediment here is his Ninian having a lower merge compared to Lucius, but assuming they have the same level of merge they give the same BST score, and that's only if Lucius has Assault equipped; if he has Pain then Ninian has a 7 point advantage over him as well as infinitely more utility. Unless I forgot to account for something?

Lucius- 147 + 10 (Assault) + 5 (HP+) = 162

Ninian- 149 + 13 (Light Breath+) = 162

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I have to say the major impediment here is his Ninian having a lower merge compared to Lucius, but assuming they have the same level of merge they give the same BST score, and that's only if Lucius has Assault equipped; if he has Pain then Ninian has a 7 point advantage over him as well as infinitely more utility. Unless I forgot to account for something?

Lucius- 147 + 10 (Assault) + 5 (HP+) = 162

Ninian- 149 + 13 (Light Breath+) = 162

Yeah, Ninian at only +2 and Lucius at +8 is 6 merge levels difference or 12 points at neutral natures (since they have equal base stat totalsĀ at equal merges). He'd need to bring Ninian up to the same merge level to achieve the same stat total.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A no-death run should put you above me since my current stat total is only 699, and that would give you a decent shot at breaking top 1,000.

I agree with MrSmokestack that Ninian would be better for the purposes of getting a no-death run, but trading Lucius for Ninian would take your base stat total down about 10 points (depending on their natures), so that might not be feasible.

If Catria is meant to tank red units, consider running Triangle Adept instead of Armored Blow. It'll give her more firepower while also bolstering her ability to resist hits from red units on enemy phase, though it also make it imperative to have Sanaki remove green units before they reach her. Triangle Adept also has an edge over Armored Blow on player phase (obviously against red units only), as an enemy with 30 Atk or higher is losing the same 6 damage due to Triangle Adept as to Armored Blow.

I do agree running a ninian would be more worthwhile and itll be easier to get a no death run with ninian over lucius who has a rating of 178 atm and i have thought about triangle adept on catria I can see it being very useful, Just need to farm up 600 sp to get it fully updraded xD. what boon and bane would you suggest on catria atm mine is +spd -def thoguh i prefer -res. that is probably another reason why she cant tank as well.Ā 

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Dropping even a +8 Lucius for Ninian would be my move, since his rating is still poor even at high merges. Running Ninian also takes some heat off of your Catria for being your only red counter, so she can focus on picking off Falchion units specifically. ReplaceĀ Ninian's Fortify with Hone Attack / Speed though if you do that.

I assume you have a unit that can pass Hector Pivot right? That will give him another tile of movement compared to Swap.Ā 

Ā 

My $0.02Ā 

I have pivot for hector but i have found swap to be mosre useful though maybe i should try it out in place of swap see what the differences are. and if you think about it hector gets 2 tiles as well just not straight he can go adjacent moving 2 tiles if needed whereas pivot you can only go one way however i have seen memes where effie can cross lava and other terrain with pviot if you have a flier over a mountain or body of water xD that might actually be more useful than swap in that case.Ā 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I haven't done calcs, but I'm looking at +Atk/Spd/Def and -Res.

Well if triangle adept was put on her then +atk wouldnt matter much... unless you want brave lance on her with moonbow then speed wouldnt matter as much and attack would be more important. if you want a better physical bruiser type catria defense would be great on her seeing how she is still fast and that would make her a semi tank. I am just confused as to what c skill would work really well with her. since i have drag back and draw back on her she can easily go in and get out which is what i love about drag back.

Score of 4476:

• Ground Zero (3AM PST Mar 22) - #3221
  • 12 Hours Later - #4274
  • 36 Hours Later - #6067

That rate of decay is so gross. My current streak is kinda garbage-y, too, thanks to low rolls on enemies (but I don't want to decline too much since I want to finish the quests without burning additional crests). I might try swapping in Azama for a bit later, as he's almost trained. I wasn't even trying that hard, either. Just threw him (a 4* I forgot I had who had apparently climbed to 21 at some point) in on a whim to heal for the lowbies as I rerolled the Training Tower and now here he is at level 38. Really helps that his Atk is ass with Pain, allowing him to set up kills for said lowbies.

Anyone using a dragon team on defense with success?Ā  Started thinking that with the free F!Corrin they gave out, I actually have three dragons now and it might be worth rolling for Ninian.Ā  Main issue I'm seeing is that it seems like anyone who's been using it offensively has put a LOT of skill inheritance into each unit, which isn't something I'm able to do at the moment.

1 minute ago, GinRei said:

Anyone using a dragon team on defense with success?Ā  Started thinking that with the free F!Corrin they gave out, I actually have three dragons now and it might be worth rolling for Ninian.Ā  Main issue I'm seeing is that it seems like anyone who's been using it offensively has put a LOT of skill inheritance into each unit, which isn't something I'm able to do at the moment.

If anyone can answer your question, it's probably @Ryu Yuki, the resident dragon expert here.Ā 

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If anyone can answer your question, it's probably @Ryu Yuki, the resident dragon expert here.Ā 

Aww, thanks for the compliment. It really feels good to be called that, considering I do love them dragons.

2 hours ago, GinRei said:

Well, I've had plenty of successful defenses with my dragon team (If you're willing to define 270-280+ defense scores as 'successful'). If you're willing to share your exact units and maybe their natures, I couldĀ try to help you out there with suggestions and tips. I am rather prone to long walls of text though, so if you don't really like that, do tell me and I'll try to keep it to a more compact size. Either way, my main team is Y!Tiki/Nowi/Ninian and I've invested a whole lot into them (My Nowi is 40+5 after over 80,000 feathers) so I do believe I'll know what I'm talking about to some extent. And as for the Skill Inheritance issue, you will probably have to invest a lot for certain builds, although I can try to take it into consideration and see how you can cut down on spending them if possible.

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Still no Defense Wins yet.Ā  I really wish I could carry over my extras from past weeks.Ā  It's weird that literally the same team can get 10 D Wins one week and zero the next.Ā  At least it's only 500 Feathers, I suppose, but as a matter of pride, I'd like to have at least one D Win.

I just had my first ever deathless streak today! Ā I'm so happy, yay! Ā :D:Ā Ā My team is 5* Sharena, Takumi, Lucina, and LV38 Priscilla. Ā I got a score of 4472 which currently puts me at rank 6561. Ā I think I got really lucky with the teams I ran into this time because I usually get at least 1-2 deaths in the 7 win streaks. Ā I ran into more Hectors and Effies this time, and I really like fighting them cause they can only move 1 space, ahah.Ā ;):

Did a full run with Sharena, Catria, Lilina (all 5ā‹†),Ā and 4ā‹† Anna.
Two deaths (Catria and Anna once each to Takumi) earned me 4,364 points which will need a ranking update to look at.

Still one defence win worth 268 points.

Edited by Vaximillian

Increased my highscoreĀ by 10 points to 4,524. Currently rank 3521

The highest I can possibly score with this team is 4564, but that would require backing out until I get a 652 point enemy team for 7 times.

Edited by Korath88

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Increased my highscoreĀ by 10 points to 4,524. Will update this post once I get my rank.

The highest I can possibly score with this team is 4564, but that would require backing out until I get a 652 point enemy team for 7 times.

Wow what

Ā 

We got exact same score

Ā 

What was your team?

Quick question, I've reached a high score on my 6th win.

If I lose my 7th win, will I lose my high score and revert to my lower score before that?

Or because it's already a high score and replaced the old score, the end result will be the score in the 6th win?

I just hope I'm lucky with my 7th battle since I'm really proud of the high score :)

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Quick question, I've reached a high score on my 6th win.

If I lose my 7th win, will I lose my high score and revert to my lower score before that?

Or because it's already a high score and replaced the old score, the end result will be the score in the 6th win?

I just hope I'm lucky with my 7th battle since I'm really proud of the high score :)

Your highest score is always saved whether your streak breaks or you win your 7th battle.

Nice! Guess I'll try my luck with Advanced then, no matter the result.

For the record I've been using Gunter/Ursula/Lyn/Fir as an experiment. Having a half cavalry team is nice, you don't have a big weakness to wolf tomes compared to full cavalry teams. Gunter+Ursula make a really nice combo, too, and Lyn just mops up what they can't deal with.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Did a full run with Sharena, Catria, Lilina (all 5ā‹†),Ā and 4ā‹† Anna.
Two deaths (Catria and Anna once each to Takumi) earned me 4,364 points which will need a ranking update to look at.

Still one defence win worth 268 points.

Rank 16,951 at the moment.

10 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Aww, thanks for the compliment. It really feels good to be called that, considering I do love them dragons.

Well, I've had plenty of successful defenses with my dragon team (If you're willing to define 270-280+ defense scores as 'successful'). If you're willing to share your exact units and maybe their natures, I couldĀ try to help you out there with suggestions and tips. I am rather prone to long walls of text though, so if you don't really like that, do tell me and I'll try to keep it to a more compact size. Either way, my main team is Y!Tiki/Nowi/Ninian and I've invested a whole lot into them (My Nowi is 40+5 after over 80,000 feathers) so I do believe I'll know what I'm talking about to some extent. And as for the Skill Inheritance issue, you will probably have to invest a lot for certain builds, although I can try to take it into consideration and see how you can cut down on spending them if possible.

As I'm on course for two consecutive weeks without a defense win at all, after two weeks with only a single win, I'd define even a 130 as successful.Ā  Currently I have a 5-star +Res/-Atk Y!Tiki, +SPD/-HP Nowi, and neutral 4-star F!Corrin.Ā  I would need to roll for Ninian, as well as units to provide Triangle Adept (among other skills) and another Nowi to give her weapon to Tiki (I assume, at least).Ā  I've mostly been hoarding orbs so don't have many units to sacrifice, though somehow I wound up with an abundance of Swordbreakers (a poor nature Abel and two Sully).Ā  Beyond that, it's mostly the free units they've given out.Ā  But as long as the skills aren't super rare like Distance Counter, I could probably "do what I can" and work my way there if I can get the team mostly done.

Thanks!

Did a full run with Jaffar, Sharena, Tiki(Y), and Julia. Current score is 4,447, rank 9,650. Could've been higher if I hadn't misplaced Julia that one time.

I remember the days when I was ranked 6000-7000 when I got that score...

On 3/23/2017 at 11:11 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Score unchanged (4,584), rank is now 831.

I pulled a few more Ninians after a 200-pull drought. I'm considering trying another high-score run this weekend after I merge my Ryoma and Ninian and figure out if I care to add other skills to Ryoma.

Rank is now 1,052.

Seems after the first day, I've only been getting 1-2 defense wins each day.

Either people are getting getting used to the new bonus heroes or teams are getting more rounded out due to skill inheritance as time progresses (or both).