Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

One day.. They are going to make 6* Unit and all whale will quit (This usually happens in Gacha)

This week ranking seems easier.. probably because hackers are banned or people already quit (At least.. I am not dropping super fast)

I really want to know whether my team is being up against in defence or not.  Unless I was paired in the "easy" setting.. then whelp.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

One day.. They are going to make 6* Unit and all whale will quit (This usually happens in Gacha)

There are ways to avoid that like, say, allowing us to transfer merges from 5-star to 6-star.

On the other hand, there's literally nothing in FE:H in terms of power creep that justifies the implementation of 6-star units. In other gacha games, they just make stronger and tougher bosses, but in FE:H, that's not really possible without taking existing units and simply inflating their stats like in Tenth Stratum.

FE:H is a strategy game and not a throw-bigger-numbers-at-the-enemy game, and hopefully it stays like that. I mean, bigger numbers help, but it shouldn't be the default solution to a problem.

I agree. I really hope it stays that way. Nintendo seems to be happy with their profit. At least they are not Nian-greedy-tic (who remodel their Ingress/Pkmn Go to Harry Potter Go now)

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

My 4,491 with a single unit death has me at Rank=9,347. I'm not worried about passing beyond the 10k-30k bracket but sure am gonna miss those 500 feathers if another 555 people push me out of the 4-digit bracket in the next 7 hours 

Feeling: <Anxious>

I'm sure you'll be fine. The rank goes down really slow once it hits the season's final hours.

Last season, at around this time I was ranked 9500~. I ended up at 9700~ when the Arena closed.

Seaking of hackers and big numbers...

Just ran up against this guy in the arena. The rest of the team was Reinhardt, Hana, and Ninian. All +10 with their vanilla skills. Thankfully my team had hard counters for every one of them.

Only gave me 666 points.

Edited by Hawk King

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

IMG_0278.thumb.PNG.231ca48424f28f01d48a8947ebf210bc.PNGSpeaking of hackers and big numbers...

Just ran up against this guy in the arena. The rest of the team was Reinhardt, Hana, and Ninian. All +10 with their vanilla skills. Thankfully my team had hard counters for every one of them.

Only gave me 666 points.

I kinda wish... there's a REPORT button. So he's out the next day.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

.... Why bother to hack a +10 Michalis and then build such a horrifyingly terrible team?

Score of 4478:

• Ground Zero (10PM PST Mar 25) - #8740
  • 16 Hours Later - #9807
  • 40 Hours Later - #10 998

Gonna be about 1000 ranks better than I anticipated, but that's small consolation. The more I play with Azama, the more I realize he not only doesn't fit my comp, but also pushes me into the scary territory where everyone, their mother and their mother's dog has a Reinhardt with 44 Atk (who only Ursula could survive and she got cut). It's normally super easy to bait cavs, but not so much when he one-rounds both Sharena and M!Robin. Really wish I had a Nino or Julia or something (I could bring F!Robin, but she's too much of a liability against other things and would kill my BST even further).

I'm legit thinking of adding Res+3 to M!Robin to let him survive. Pondered Fury 3, as well, but he doesn't really have any prolonged sustain, locking me into keeping Azama when the BST gain could let me take Ursula and still have an overall gain of 5. I guess the other option I've been pondering is Res+3 on M!Robin and give Sharena Fury 3 with Renewal 2 (it seems to work well enough for Marth, anyway).

Also pondering maybe trying to fit in a +Res buff of some sort, but the only options that really give me is replacing Marth's Pivot with Rally Res or Sharena's Fortify Def with Fortify or Spur Res (which obviously has the problem of not helping her).

3/22/2017 - offense 4,454; rank 3,426 (1:22AM PST) [deathless] [team #1]
3/22/2017 - offense 4,454; rank 5,756 (11:28PM PST) [deathless] [team #1]
3/23/2017 - offense 4,500; rank 3,636 (1:05AM PST) [deathless] [team #2]
3/24/2017 - offense 4,500; rank 5,691 (8:48PM PST) [deathless] [team #2]
3/27/2017 - offense 4,500; rank 8,042 (3:27AM PST) [deathless] [team #2]
3/27/2017 - offense 4,500; rank 8,530 (3:31PM PST) [deathless] [team #2]

Team #1:

Team: (all Level 40) +Atk/-Spd Ninian (163), +Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2), +Atk/-Spd M!Robin (159; +Swordbreaker 3), +Spd/-HP Camilla (161)
BST: 656

Team #2:

Team: (all Level 40) +Atk/-Spd Ninian (163), +Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2), neutral Sharena (177; +Threaten Spd 3), +Spd/-HP Camilla (161)
BST: 674

Minerva's looking more healthy by each map. There should be another week at least of Ninian. Can't wait to slot Minerva in to the team. Now just to inherit skills onto her..

23 minutes until the end of the season. First time being in the top 10K unless there's a rush of people going above that score last minute, haha.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

.... Why bother to hack a +10 Michalis and then build such a horrifyingly terrible team?

Just because you can hack doesn't mean that you know how to build a team. :P:

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every one of them are extremely dangerous on their own, but yeah, they don't really compliment each other. With a +10 Michalis, I would have built a full team with all of the flier support skills.

8 hours ago, Hawk King said:

IMG_0278.thumb.PNG.231ca48424f28f01d48a8947ebf210bc.PNGSpeaking of hackers and big numbers...

Only gave me 666 points.

666 points seems oddly appropriate for a hacked team.

I ended up with 5000 Feathers for the week.  It's nice to have the flow of Feathers upped.  I want to promote Sharena, Kagero, and maybe Effie.  I've got a -Spd,+Res Effie that I leveled for the Training Tower Quests.

I managed to hit rank 2,730 for a total of 5,500 feathers. I'll be happy enough if I can keep making top 5k, but I'm hoping I can improve it further. I just had Priscilla inherit HP +4 and had Marth inherit Fury 1 (and Fury 2, which he hasn't learned yet), so that should make it possible to get better scores, but it'll also raise the difficulty even more and it was hard enough to get a deathless run this week.

Ranked 9690, heh. Scored my 2500+500+2000 feathers and I'm sittin on em for the inevitable amazing 4* roll...or just give em to Anna and weep

Edited by Elieson

Scored 4,514 again this week after 2 tries. First run was ruined because the game decided to put me up against a +2 Julia, +3 Nowi, +5 Eirika and +2 Takumi, complete with fully optimised skillsets...on the fucking bridge map. If it was on any other map I would have won, but nope, game decides to screw me over in every way possible.

I had a unit die once, so I only managed to get a score of 4512 for now. Will update what the rank is when I wake up (and if I manage a deathless run I'll post it). 

@Korath88 God I hate the bridge map so much. That's also where my death came from. With dance support, the enemy Reinhardt went straight from his starting position to my Ryoma (who was still in his starting position, all the way on my side) on turn 1. I mean it was 100% my fault for not calculating distance, but at first glance I didn't think it was possible he'd cover BOTH ENTIRE BRIDGES in a single turn. 

EDIT: Rank is currently 1496

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2500+500+2000 Feathers. I have 20K+ Feathers again, but I'll wait for a unit to deserve a 5* unlock. No rush on my end.

Current run: I have six deathless wins. Minerva is soooooo much fun. I think her higher BST removed more mage match-ups because now I'm seeing a lot of Effie's and Hector's... which is absolutely fine for me! Ninian's Fortify Defense 2 + Minerva's Spur Defense 2 + Sharena's Fensalir = Ryoma laughs at Hector. +Def/-Spd Minerva bulks up enough to still have 30 Defense with Life or Death 3, meaning Effie isn't going to do anything funny to Minerva.

Team:
(all Level 40 and 5*)
+Atk/-Spd Ninian (163)
+Res/-HP Ryoma (173; +Vantage 2)
neutral Sharena (177; +Threaten Spd 3)
+Def/-Spd Minerva (174; +Draconic Aura)
BST687

Edited by Dual Dragons

Urgh, can't even be ranked... 2200+500(def). Like the last week.

But today was the best arena session ever. No fail, all veterans (don't know the term in English...), just two death (always Sully in the same map with Cain and Setsuna as foes)... 3900 points !

Spoiler

287655Capturedcrans20170328110402.png