Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Score of 4,410 is worth rank 8,767 at the moment. I'll be fine with staying in top 30k by the end of the week.
Unfortunately, no defence wins yet. The team is still the same: 5⋆ Sharena, Catria, and Lilina, and 4⋆ Anna.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I think you should be good for at least top 50k Silith.

Team: Sharena/Ursula/Felicia/Selena

3/28: Score: 4,088 Rank: 15,107
3/29: Score: 4,114 Rank: 28,227

Managed to improve my score a little bit which is good, hoping to improve it further but doubtful. Got my defense win today (254), maybe I ruined someone's deathless streak or their party was made up of magic users since Felicia handles them pretty well.

Edited by Fei Mao

Also got my first flawless run with a team of Marth, Male!Robin, Camilla and Ninian, to a score of 4452. Top 30k seems to be the area I usually get in arena, and I think I'm safe with this score. I'm pretty sure the top 10k is out of reach, since I've already dropped from around around 5k to 6k.

Also kind of annoyed/amused that I didn't get any defensive wins in the last session, but I got it in the first few hours of this one.

Edited by Frenzify

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh, I'm going to need to figure out how to deal with Blade-tome teams. I think Julia can handle anyone with Blarblade, which I haven't ever seen before, but Tharja and Nino run through Robin and Ryoma like it's no one's business.

Maybe I should just leave the arena lobby when I see Eirika in the first slot.

Perhaps I should start merging my Ryomas.

Eirika + Blade teams are a pain in the ass.  Especially if you get stuck on the twin bridge map.  Got a double death and triple death this morning from that (first with Tharja (though what really did me in was the Swordbreaker than Eirika had), and then with Nino the second time).

3 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

^I think you should be good for at least top 50k Silith.

I don't know, I got a similar score last week and was only just barely within top 50k (think it ended up being 49,260).  And with how much more competitive each week gets, that might not be enough.

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

New highscore of 4,532!

Last battle was quite tough, but I pulled through in the end. He had a vantage Hector, but Lilina OHKOed him, so it didn't matter.

I'm 4,550 and right now my rank is 1,880. It's amazing what 18 points of difference can make 

19 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm 4,550 and right now my rank is 1,880. It's amazing what 18 points of difference can make 

I'm at 2.7k rank right now. That's almost 1000 ranks for 18 points.

Welp I figured I wouldn't stay in the top 1k with a score of 4576, but I didn't expect to get knocked out by morning :/

Went from 758 to 1068 overnight RIP

On the bright side, I've already gotten 5 defense wins, which is a lot more than I'd usually have by this point :D

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Ran into a Ninian +10 backed up by a +Atk Reinhardt +5 with Death Blow 3 last night (and Eirika +5 with Nino, but they split off and let themselves get lured pretty early, so meh). That was some real scary shit. Luckily, whoever made the team made the mistake of giving Rein Rally Attack, so he mostly kept buffing Ninian, neutering his movement. Since it was the forest map, Ursula was able to initiate on Rein over a tree that blocked Ninian from reaching her and the wolf tome completely ruined him.

It's shit like this (and running into a 47-Atk L&D2 Kagero who, even with no other buffs and my +Def Robin toting Fortify Defense, could one-round him :/) that makes me reconsider Triangle Adept 2 over Res +3, since the latter with Quick Riposte 2 sure as hell ain't gonna be able to handle a 53-Atk Rein (taking that BST hit is making me hesitant, though). Granted, there's no way Ursula would have survived, either. I sure to love fighting big merges with all of my own units being +0s and one of them being 4*. :P:

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Score of 4,410 is worth rank 8,767 at the moment. I'll be fine with staying in top 30k by the end of the week.
Unfortunately, no defence wins yet. The team is still the same: 5⋆ Sharena, Catria, and Lilina, and 4⋆ Anna.

Same score, rank 11,951. Wow, how is this week's arena so competitive?
I've got a defence win against a team led by Kagero worth 265 points. Nice. The team is unchanged.

Got 4410 on a deathless run using Gunter(4*), Ursula(4*), Eldigan(5*), and Catria(5*) -- a 10 point improvement from last week.  Most of the battles were 632s, so this is close to the upper limit with this team.  Michalis has better stats than Ursula and I won't be forced to run a dedicated support unit, so perhaps next week will see a more noticeable improvement.

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Being limited to a 4* Ursula and an untrained 4* Anna is really not fun.

I did gt a deathless run with my 4* Ursula, Jagen, Gunter and 5* Hector, but still finished a score of only 4,354. Pretty sad. It should at least be enough to stay above the 30k rank.

I want to both laugh and cry about the fact my typical arena score is considered pretty sad :P:

I must say, running with Ursula with blarblade inherited has been quite fun. Especially after I realized I should take Eirika for the extra oomph in buffs. I knew teams like that were strong, but using one is entirely different matter.

Anyways, 4380 offense points is rank 14776 at the moment, waiting to be dropped down. Also got my defense win so feathers have been earlier than expected.

Hey guys.  Probably better in the questions thread, but I think it's more of a discussion than a "one answer and done."  F2pers, or even small-time patrons:  What do you triage in an arena team?  Would you upgrade your highest winrate team, or your highest bst team?  For isntance, I just did, and can consistently do 4300-4400 with a magerider Ursula/Gunter/Olivia core.  But to aim higher, I use Hector/Tiki/Kagero after the first run.  Would it be best to:

1.  Feather/SI the likes of Blarblade Ursula and Hone Cavalry Leo/Eliwood;

2.  Feather/SI Lightning Breath/Quick Riposte Tiki and Quadsuna; or

3.  Wait 2 more days before doing something stupid?

Edited by Beo

3 minutes ago, Beo said:

Hey guys.  Probably better in the questions thread, but I think it's more of a discussion than a "one answer and done."  F2pers, or even small-time patrons:  What do you triage in an arena team?  Would you upgrade your highest winrate team, or your highest bst team?  For isntance, I just did, and can consistently do 4300-4400 with a magerider Ursula/Gunter/Olivia core.  But to aim higher, I use Hector/Tiki/Kagero after the first run.  Would it be best to:

1.  Feather/SI the likes of Blarblade Ursula and Hone Cavalry Leo/Eliwood;

2.  Feather/SI Lightning Breath/Quick Riposte Tiki and Quadsuna; or

3.  Wait 2 more days before doing something stupid?

I would personally wait till the Arena updates since its just around the corner. Wait and see how the new arena will score teams and upgrade around that. 

4.2K..

ugh... too many inheritance. people are smart to not put Ursula in their team and Ursula is a liability.

What are cheap skill for +spd/tharja .. neutral hector/
I'd figure putting Tadept3 on -Atk nowi ... but the real problem is Nino. whihc Tharja needs to get rid of.

Score of 4,032. Its a whole 430 points below my score last season despite using the same team. But at least I get the top offense prize

The maps are really screwing with me. I keep getting the bridge map and its really hard to keep people from dying when every other team is Takumi + mage. There's only so many ranged units I can keep out of range at once. Sigh....this was so much easier with a flier on the team that could bait people down a path. Sadly Anna is replacing Minerva and there is no way I'm running two greens on my team with the red meta. 

After weeks of 4400-500 I'm about on 4000 now. This is probably due to Inheritance finally hitting arena hard and me still jumping around with vanilla guys (I want to use my 140+ orbs on a non-bunny focus before starting the sacrifices). Or maybe it's Anna's fault.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Whoever will die in one round is prioritized first, no questions asked. Whoever will die with help from another unit is prioritized second because the AI is smart enough to do that. After that, it's usually whoever cannot counterattack, followed by whoever the unit deals the most damage to.

I don't know about that, I just finished my run where a Takumi prioritized my Priscilla over my F!Corrin, even though Priscilla could counterattack and they had no units to follow up against her. It was not like Takumi couldn't damage F!Corrin either as he had Alfonse giving him spur ATK. I think that "deals most damage to" is maybe a higher priority to "cannot counterattack" or at least on people that cannot kill the attacking unit.

-

Like some others, last season I was getting pretty terrible runs with 4* Ursula. Even with the -Blade tome and Eirika glued to her, she just wasn't that effective and weigh just about as heavy as my (former) 4* Kagero in BST but with much less to show for it. Seeing I drew a neutral Priscilla, I figured I had nothing much to lose to try her out in the arena, at worst I would just be spread around the defense wins to others. Heck she is my highest rated bonus unit too!

58dc0f8b2b94e_Screenshot_2017-03-29-11-46-57-Copy.thumb.jpg.4db2a46429547aafa1bbe0c4623a6897.jpg

+Def/-HP Eldigan, +HP/-RES F!Corrin, +Def/-HP Minerva, Neutral Priscilla- Rank#8090

This wasn't a flawless run, I lost my Minerva to a Ninian, Y!Tiki combo due to carelessness, but it was definitely a lot more effective then I thought it would be. My team other then Priscilla were physically tanky. Which meant that my units could actually survive until next turn to be healed, combined with Priscilla naturally having Rehabilitate (The best heal staff in the game imo) meant that my team was able to outlast a lot of enemies. I could commit Eldigan much more freely now that his Fury is no longer a ticking time bomb, which previously limited his usefulness. The tankiness of the team hilariously only increased more considering that both Minerva and Priscilla had Spur Def and F!Corrin Dark Breath+ devastating ATK/SPD debuff means that enemy physical attackers like Hectors and Takumis were only scratching my Eldigan and F!Corrin.

The big weakness in this composition is that my team is very weak to magic damage, excluding Priscilla, the highest Res on this team is 22 with Eldigan! The only mages I have met so far were Ninos, Juilas, and a M!Robin which Eldigan can ride in there and OHKO the former two, but M!Robin required some maneuvering to kill him and he was able to do a lot damage back to F!Corrin. More concerning are the dragons, physically tanky and decent magic, Nowi being a particular offender. No Falchions or Naga makes it difficult to deal with them unless they are isolated. Alongside the weak ranged damage Priscilla provides which she doesn't do much more then as a chip or finisher against low HP units.

That being said, I will try again for a deathless run, which I feel is a lot more achievable then with 4* Ursula. Besides, this will probably the only arena banner season where I can legitimately say that Priscilla is my best bonus unit to run in terms of BST! Glad she is actually viable in certain circumstances in the competitive arena. Might as well make my first all 5* Arena team go as far as they can!

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-03-29-11-48-15.thumb.jpg.8b926abcca24bed705310609c20cba0b.jpg

Also shoutout to this team, running Alfonse along side the rest of the Askrian units! Almost makes up for the evil Takumi.

Just now, ExpendableExtra said:

I don't know about that, I just finished my run where a Takumi prioritized my Priscilla over my F!Corrin, even though Priscilla could counterattack and they had no units to follow up against her. It was not like Takumi couldn't damage F!Corrin either as he had Alfonse giving him spur ATK. I think that "deals most damage to" is maybe a higher priority to "cannot counterattack" or at least on people that cannot kill the attacking unit.

Hence why I said "usually". (If I use an indeterminate qualifier, I always mean it.)

If the amount of damage would be vastly different between targets as it definitely is between Corrin and Priscilla, that can outweigh difference in damage taken.

Managed to get 4,379 points on my first completed run for a rank of 15,484. Three deaths, so hopefully I can do a lot of improving over the course of the week. Also secures my Offense feathers, and I got a Defense win with exactly 251 for those feathers as well. Apparently my all-red defense team of Marth, Ogma, Lilina, and an underleveled Olivia can do its work. I sometimes feel like I should try to work in Tiki because she's normally better than the non-Marth ones, but the other three all have so much potential for cheap kills that going fair with Tiki doesn't seem worthwhile.

4 hours ago, Eselred said:

Got an unbroken run over 4k my first run so I'm content.  Anna is dead weight and we seriously need the arena update like yesterday.

Hey, no slandering Anna. 5* Anna can do some fun witchcraft, especially with inheritance. I'm going to cry (sadly only figuratively)  if I have to take Anna off my team, if I will only have green bonus character options (because two greens is a dangerous thing to run in the arena).

Definitely agree on the need for that arena update. NEED

4436 is at rank 10'349 . I ended under 10k with less at the end of the season only like three weeks ago :(:. We'll see if the higher risk team manages a deathless run for more points.

I would really want to know what the size of the regular player base of this game is (if more or less people are playing regularly than in the beginning)

Picked up a score of 4610 with Eirika, Effie, Julia, and Ninian, currently sitting on Rank 625. Julia carried the team to victory in almost every match, which kinda surprised me.

Time to go back to messing around with Team Dragon...even though this map set isn't as friendly to a Dragon Team with minimal Lightning Breath (looking at you, Lava & Bridge maps).