Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's fair. Apologies, I made a general statement without going through earlier parts of the thread to get more context.

As for your rep @Thor Odinson, I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I'd personally be more likely to skip out on a team with Olivia than Ryoma. Dancer teams are what give me more trouble than any other team comp. Of the people you listed, Minerva or Klein are probably going to get you more hits than Ryoma, though with the current system it's impossible to tell if you're actually getting more people or not :/

No worries!

I'd also agree with the notion that people avoid dancers. The AI is so unpredictable with dancers that they're almost always a headache to fight. 

Got a score of 4477 today (1 death) with a team of Fae, Azura, Raigh and a 4* Fir that I've got from the new banner. Combined BST for the team is 681.  Interestingly, this new score that I got was better than my no death run with Ursula (instead of Fir).

Defense-wise, I currently have my standard team of Fae (Leader), Azura, Raigh, and Abel.  They've been doing pretty well ever since SI came out. Before SI, they would probably get about 0-2 wins per week.  Last week, they got about 15 successful defenses :P.

Some of the notable skills that I have on them are;

Fae: Lightning Breath+, Fury3, Draw Back

Azura; Wings of Mercy

Raigh: Fury3, Rally Attack

Abel: Reposition

Combined BST: 680

So far, the team has 7 successful defenses this week.

Edited by Kalibur

So it looks like these are the bonus units for next week: 4LiaPxb.jpg

I have Palla and Michalis at 4* level 40 for both of them. Should I make an all fliers team? I have 5* Caeda and 4* Cordelia at level 40. Palla and Caeda can use Fortify/Goad Fliers I guess. Of course I'll get destroyed by Takumi, but maybe Michalis can deal with him?

Oh, I also have a 4* level 40 Est

Edited by GuiltyLove

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you want a near-guaranteed win, stack a color.  I refuse to do this out of pride, though.

My defense team is Jakob (with Seal Speed), Olivia, Lucina, and M!Robin (the TA one).  Managed to snag one win so far!

My defence team is my offence team, and that is 5⋆ Sharena, Catria, Lilina (the usual trio), and a 4⋆ Anna (who is along for the bonus).

It works fine, with at least one win per week.

To keep it on-topic: score of 4,410 is worth rank 24,181 at the moment. Pretty sure I won't drop out of top 30k, and that's all I need.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have Palla and Michalis at 4* level 40 for both of them. Should I make an all fliers team? I have 5* Caeda and 4* Cordelia at level 40. Palla and Caeda can use Fortify/Goad Fliers I guess. Of course I'll get destroyed by Takumi, but maybe Michalis can deal with him?

I just got my Camillegg up to Lv40, and my 4* Alfonse/Gunter/Selena/Michalis up to Lv40 this morning. I wonder if I should 5* Alfredo or if I should just keep Afro at 4*...depends on April Arena news I guess

6 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's fair. Apologies, I made a general statement without going through earlier parts of the thread to get more context.

As for your rep @Thor Odinson, I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I'd personally be more likely to skip out on a team with Olivia than Ryoma. Dancer teams are what give me more trouble than any other team comp. Of the people you listed, Minerva or Klein are probably going to get you more hits than Ryoma, though with the current system it's impossible to tell if you're actually getting more people or not :/

I honestly find Cavalier/Flier teams more cancerous than Dancer teams simply because they can easily overwhelm the offensive team just from the sheer stat boosts alone. -blade tomes are just as annoying (moreso on Tharja than Nino since Nino can easily be taken out by Lyn while Tharja pretty much ignores the weapon triangle and has no issue ORKOing Sharena, who's at lv. 40 5*). Of course, being a F2P orb hoarder, I have an extremely limited selection of units to use.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I'm glad that Selena is a bonus character next season since she's a staple in my team.

Stacking a color seems to work decently for me for defense, the team is Felicia (poison strike 3 + resposition), Sharena, Abel, and Ursula (Swordslayer and Drag Back). I have 4 wins with a score of 254 each right now, so it might be that I ruined someone's deathless streak or actually won.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

If you can swap out Est's skill set for something better, then go for it!  One (rather silly) build is to give her Florina's skills and a competent proc.

Flier team looks SO tempting, but my blue fliers are made of disappointment.  Perhaps next time!  Regardless, Camilla's the bonus unit for me.  If Nintendo gifts us with 8,000 feathers out of nowhere, she's going in with Gronnraven+!

Ooh. I definitely am looking forward to taking out Spring Chrom for a ride. He's certainly huge enough. Due to the nature of my team being capped out at 35 Speed, I think he wants Fury 3 at the least. I'll think about other skills if I get enough SP for him.

My newest highest score is now 4,494!

hT3ShIe.jpg

My previous score of 4,410 was worth rank 24,444. Let's see how far will I climb now! (Is 4,500 achievable for me? I hope it is!)

EDIT: 11,402! Oh wow. An increase of 84 points means a rank increase by more than a half. I couldn't have guessed.

Edited by Vaximillian

just did a few test runs with my team for next season.

Turns out, I can sub in Michalis (with reposition) in place of Olivia, instead of durabilitybuff!Jaffar. Did 5 test runs and hasn't died so far. It definitely feels scarier playing without Olivia, but I won't suffer a big BST drop at least, and Michalis can survive Klein (so I will have someone to draw him in) which is a big bonus. This lets me keep Jaffar (Rally Def, Fortify Res) around so I can keep giving Nino and Ryoma appropriate buffs when necessary, ex: like when Ryoma has 19 hp left and needs to live a full-health neutral atk takumi, Jaffar brings him to 31 def so takumi only does 15, etc

looks like I better get Hone Atk on Michalis. Fortunately, I have a lot of spare Olivias.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Team: Sharena/Ursula/Felicia/Selena

3/28  Score: 4,088 Rank: 15,107
3/29  Score: 4,114 Rank: 28,227
3/30  Score: 4,176 Rank: 44,027
3/31  Score: 4,292 Rank: 38,669
4/1    Score: 4,364 Rank: 29,781
4/2    Score: 4,364 Rank: 33,587

I almost had another good run deathless run that might've bumped up my score but I lost the last one to Vantage Takumi, definitely salty about it but it was my fault for playing like shit that match. At least I'm guaranteed for the 30,001-50,000 range rewards so it's ok.

9 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Vantage Takumi

This is why you one-round that little pretentious shit. Can't Vantage you if smouldering crater, right?

I'm having too much fun incinerating pineapples with Bowbreaker Lilina. Her being +Atk and Sharena usually chilling nearby helps a lot. That one Setsuna I once drew is priceless, bless her soul and everything.

Edited by Vaximillian

I got my first deathless for the week a little while ago. 4564 puts me at rank 3288. I could probably get that to go up around 30 points if I didn't do battles that gave me low points, but getting another deathless would probably take a while. Next season I plan to change my team a decent amount. The only 5* from the new bonus I have is chrom so he'll be replacing nino (my current bonus ninian will be staying). I'm also training an adult tiki to replace seliph. Defense wise I've gotten a lot of defenses these last two weeks with 6 wins so far this week.

Since I already have my deathless score logged for the week (4550 still in top 5k), I've just been grinding arena matches, but now I'm starting to notice I lose at least one unit every game, and it's almost always on the bridge map. What movement skills work best in the tight space you're given? So far all I have is Draw Back on my Nino, Rally Speed on Lucina / Ephraim, and Dance on Ninian.

I think a good fix is to replace my Lucina with Ryoma, especially since he can bait and OHKO Nino, but his BST is lower because of no Fury, has no regen to fight Hector reliably, and lacks coverage vs dragons. Does Distant Counter in general make the trade worthwhile?

I also got two potential bonus units for next week, but I'm not sure if I should switch out my Nino or Ephraim for Spring Lucina, or just use Michalis. Any suggestions?

Stat Spreads

Spoiler

Nino +Spd -Def

Ninian +Def -Res

Lucina +Spd -Def

Ephraim +Def -HP

Spring Lucina +Def -Res

Ryoma +Spd -HP

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

This is why you one-round that little pretentious shit. Can't Vantage you if smouldering crater, right?

I'm having too much fun incinerating pineapples with Bowbreaker Lilina. Her being +Atk and Sharena usually chilling nearby helps a lot. That one Setsuna I once drew is priceless, bless her soul and everything.

True

Nice, I'd love to have that Lilina to roast some pineapples, if there was only another blue mage with the Raven Tome I'd give it to Ursula. Next season should be better, since I can bring in Abel who skewers pineapples with Sharena's buff. (Unless if he's + DEF or HP) On a side note, Sharena is such a boss with her utility and flexibility.

@MrSmokestack I think swap is pretty nice on tight spaced maps if you can fit it in. If the Arena update comes next season, replacing Lucina with Ryoma would be a good choice if the system pairs you up against Ninos and Julias a lot (I'm not sure how well he handles Takumi and other ranged units) Ryoma turning the match into a 4v3 would definitely help relieve some pressure, especially on maps where it favors ranged units. If your Nino can handle dragons and Hector (if he gets chipped by Ryoma) it should be fine.

Maybe Bunny Lucina would be better, giving up a ranged nuke like Nino for Michalis might not be worth it. Depending on the maps we'll be getting next season Michalis's mobility might be better and he has good DEF to tank stuff if you need it.

Edited by Fei Mao

2 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

That's Sophia not Julia.

Right?

Oh my...Naga! Thanks for correcting me, well then maybe I have to stuck with Michalis for a while.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you can swap out Est's skill set for something better, then go for it!  One (rather silly) build is to give her Florina's skills and a competent proc.

Flier team looks SO tempting, but my blue fliers are made of disappointment.  Perhaps next time!  Regardless, Camilla's the bonus unit for me.  If Nintendo gifts us with 8,000 feathers out of nowhere, she's going in with Gronnraven+!

I actually swapped out Est for M!Robin and gave him Bowbreaker :P I also just replaced Michalis with Camilla since I don't need to use more than one bonus unit. It's a little strange having Robin with three other fliers but I do need to deal with Takumi... I dunno. I'm bad at team composition.

Should I give Caeda Swordbreaker so she can deal with sword users who might be too fast for Palla? My Palla is only 4* :(

I got a score of 4.4k~ with Lucius previously which ranked me at 26k. That would probably drop me outside of 30k range.

However, thanks to Ninian, I managed to do a deathless run and got exactly 4.5k -she ORK'd a Roy for funsies too, which ranks me at 10.902. This score would have placed me in top 10k in previous seasons, but at least I'm totes safe for the top 30k.