Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesuuuuuuus Bunny Lucina is making me lose hard. Hardly pulling her weight.

I think this is the first time I've ever gone without winning via my dailies in the Arena (one unit lost = a loss).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

This is looking to be a HORRIBLE season for me. Having to swap out Ursula for Michalis isn't doing me any favors as I've yet to get a single 7-chain yet, let alone one that's at least 4001 in score. Vanilla Michalis seems to be poorly suited for Arena (too slow, can't reliably double)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Running a team of units without inherited skills is a nightmare (Hinoka, Kagero, Sanaki and Michalis 4* glued to Hinoka's hip for Hone Fliers). I had 4-5 deaths in each chain I tried, but at this point I'm content with barely breaking 4k points. Maybe if I got lucky and pulled either Caeda or Bunny Camilla, I could go Flier Emblem the next week which is unrealistic this game doesn't love me anymore </3

6 hours ago, Gengar said:

Is RobinM with TA just top tier right now? I've been running Takumi with my Nino and Eirika but he takes a good amount of damage from bow/dagger users while struggling with red tomes. RobinM with TA would do very well against Nino counters and I can't understand why he's so low on the wiki inheritance tier list. Sure his BST is not the best but he seems strong.

TA Robin can reliably tank two different colors.  If he has Swordbreaker, he dominates colorless, and outright kills most swordies (Fir might survive, too lazy to run numbers).

This goes for most -raven users, in various degrees.  It's why I'm going to spend 20,000 feathers to promote a -Spd Cecilia, who will be my first 5* - because Spring Camilla become a lot less vulnerable to arrows with a -raven tome and TA.

Not using Camilla seriously, but she's already laying down the hurt. Team will most likely be Jakob, Young Tiki, Spring Camilla, and Effie, but I really need to give Young Tiki a repositioning skill, so that Effie has some impact on the fight.

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

TA Robin can reliably tank two different colors.  If he has Swordbreaker, he dominates colorless, and outright kills most swordies (Fir might survive, too lazy to run numbers).

This goes for most -raven users, in various degrees.  It's why I'm going to spend 20,000 feathers to promote a -Spd Cecilia, who will be my first 5* - because Spring Camilla become a lot less vulnerable to arrows with a -raven tome and TA.

Not using Camilla seriously, but she's already laying down the hurt. Team will most likely be Jakob, Young Tiki, Spring Camilla, and Effie, but I really need to give Young Tiki a repositioning skill, so that Effie has some impact on the fight.

Any particular reason you're using S_Camilla over Merric? Feels like her best build is to take advantage of her flying status to abuse Gronnblade, whereas Merric's superior speed would make him a better Raven tome user.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Any particular reason you're using S_Camilla over Merric? Feels like her best build is to take advantage of her flying status to abuse Gronnblade, whereas Merric's superior speed would make him a better Raven tome user.

Because I don't have Merric in any way, shape, or form.

And even if I did, he's not a bonus hero.  Spring Camilla's the only one of the new batch I have (and I am NOT using Palla in the arena, it's a disaster).

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Because I don't have Merric in any way, shape, or form.

And even if I did, he's not a bonus hero.  Spring Camilla's the only one of the new batch I have (and I am NOT using Palla in the arena, it's a disaster).

Makes sense. (Personally I don't invest in bonus heroes that heavily, but I'm pretty relaxed about my arena units--I didn't even inherit anything until this week, and even then only on Lucina.)

Also, you don't have Michalis?

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Makes sense. (Personally I don't invest in bonus heroes that heavily, but I'm pretty relaxed about my arena units--I didn't even inherit anything until this week, and even then only on Lucina.)

Also, you don't have Michalis?

I do, but he doesn't fit on my team very well.  It would be Jakob, Young Tiki, Michalis, and M!Robin, and that's just asking for a mage to blow them to bits.

'sides, Camilla's a two-range mage, which is a LOT of flexibility.

Got my first deathless run of the season! :D

EDIT: Rank is currently 280 but is likely going to drop several hundred spots once more people wake up and do Arena.

Less than 3 hours into the new season, and I already have 10 defense wins :O guess I won't need to worry about that this season!

urfszFF.png

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

A very, very, very messy run with 5⋆ Sharena, Catria, Lilina, and 4⋆ Michalis gave me 4,164 points.
The arena is now filled with inherited skills, my mostly vanilla team doesn't cut it anymore.
At least it's enough for the guaranteed 2,500 feathers.

Of course I will try for more because why the hell not.

No defence wins yet.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Got my first deathless run of the season! :D

EDIT: Rank is currently 280 but is likely going to drop several hundred spots once more people wake up and do Arena.

Congrats, you're sporting a very nice BST on that team, though a bit challenging to clean clear as you noted.  You posted a huge score though, very nice!

I had a very good run this week with Palla on my team.  I'm going to give it a go with Spring Chrom next.  I still need to fill out Corrin's skills, but still heavily debating about her roll on the team.  I'm thinking about going with Triangle Adept, Reposition and -Attack in her C slot.  Then she would tank Red and blues exceptionally well.  I'm still not entirely sure though because Corrin can actually tank greens.  She actually tank killed Hector which was extremely awkward... none the less without Triangle Adept tanking Red Falchion hits is painful.

PallaScore.jpg

1 minute ago, Katrisa said:

Congrats, you're sporting a very nice BST on that team, though a bit challenging to clean clear as you noted.  You posted a huge score though, very nice!

I had a very good run this week with Palla on my team.  I'm going to give it a go with Spring Chrom next.  I still need to fill out Corrin's skills, but still heavily debating about her roll on the team.  I'm thinking about going with Triangle Adept, Reposition and -Attack in her C slot.  Then she would tank Red and blues exceptionally well.  I'm still not entirely sure though because Corrin can actually tank greens.  She actually tank killed Hector which was extremely awkward... none the less without Triangle Adept tanking Red Falchion hits is painful.

Oh my, your score is quite impressive too :O

I'm thinking of inheriting Fury onto Julia though for the extra boost, but I'm wondering if it's worth it (she currently has Darting Blow bc that gives my +Spd Julia just enough spd to double and ORKO neutral Y!Tiki). 

I'm no expert, of course, but I think your plan for Corrin sounds great (maybe Swordbreaker too?) You do give up your ability to tank greens, but with two reds (or even with just a red and two greens, if you swap Palla out for Easter Chrom), you already handle greens fine. May as well go all in against reds imo. 

I'm actually quite impressed that you have a 5* Palla as I don't think I've seen anyone like her enough to dedicate that much to her. It always makes me really happy to see people in Arena that 5*d units you don't usually see just because they like them and not because they're "top tier" units or anything (still shook over the +9 Distant Counter/Vantage Ephraim I ran into in Arena earlier today though smh). 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm thinking of inheriting Fury onto Julia though for the extra boost, but I'm wondering if it's worth it (she currently has Darting Blow bc that gives my +Spd Julia just enough spd to double and ORKO neutral Y!Tiki). 

I'm actually quite impressed that you have a 5* Palla as I don't think I've seen anyone like her enough to dedicate that much to her. It always makes me really happy to see people in Arena that 5*d units you don't usually see just because they like them and not because they're "top tier" units or anything (still shook over the +9 Distant Counter/Vantage Ephraim I ran into in Arena earlier today though smh). 

I'm split on putting Fury on anyone as well.  The primary issue being with upcoming arena changes taking out stat boosts from skills.  So I'm trying to look at my A slot more long term, and only pass out Fury to someone who really needs the skill.  None the less its a very good skill on Julia, regardless.

Thanks I love seeing unusual units in the arena too.  Its actually kind of interesting because with the current Arena mechanics (being based off BST) some characters are horribly undervalued.  Palla is one of them, sporting 170 in total stats while carrying a Triangle Adept weapon making her insanely deadly to greens.  Unfortunately her speed is meh at 31, so she'll require sword breaker to cross swords with many other red units.  I think using her has probably demonstrated to me how nasty Triangle Adept weapons are, freeing up your A slot for additional bonuses.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

A very, very, very messy run with 5⋆ Sharena, Catria, Lilina, and 4⋆ Michalis gave me 4,164 points.
The arena is now filled with inherited skills, my mostly vanilla team doesn't cut it anymore.
At least it's enough for the guaranteed 2,500 feathers.

Of course I will try for more because why the hell not.

No defence wins yet.

4,359 with two deaths now. Fuck Linde and Tharja. Mages shouldn't be so fast.

The previous score was worth rank 20,795; let's see how high does this one. rank 10,970 at the moment.
Still I can go higher.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

4,359 with two deaths now. Fuck Linde and Tharja. Mages shouldn't be so fast.

The previous score was worth rank 20,795; let's see how high does this one. rank 10,970 at the moment.
Still I can go higher.

I concur mages with crazy speeds are so dangerous.  Its the reason most of my characters at this point essentially demand very high speed or Triangle adept... so they can tank one mage hit and then execute them.  

Got my highest arena score to date! Probably the best I'm going to do without resetting the arena to get the highest score possible. Thankfully haven't run into any insane merges or skill inheritance yet but that's probably because my BST isn't high enough.

LWWeltt.jpg

I decided to resort to more beginner battles. It's all I'm able to do. But I also threw in a couple intermediate ones and my win streak isn't complete yet, but I've gotten 2,010 so far. I think by the time I'm done, that score will be around 2,800. Which I'm fine with for now until the arena changes come.

I would just like to be able to reach 3500-4000 someday.

Edited by Anacybele

Got a score of 4443 with a 1 death run and a team of BST = 673.  I should really start checking for things that can fly around and potentially kill things... like Julias...... 

Almost lost a run cause of her.

FML With all the switching between arena, training, and the gauntlet I messed up and accidentally put in a match with the wrong team. Needless to say, I surrendered. There goes my streak. 

I somehow managed a deathless run with Michalis on my team. I really have a tough time dealing with Nowi without Julia since she's quite tanky.

My team is 4* Michalis (157), Seliph (180), Vantage Ryoma (174), New Moon+Wings Azura (164) for a total of 675 BST.

My last run is particularly difficult because I had to deal with bait super Wrys, Vantage Lyn, Effie, and Vantage+Moonbow Nowi. I'd have suffered a death there if not for my newly inherited Azura.

Score is 4,508 and ranked 3,886 currently. Hopefully everybody is busy with the gauntlet so I can stay in top 10k.

I tried to have Hector jump over one of my units to escape, but accidentally used both Escape Route and Pivot and jumped right back to where he originally was and got killed.

4464 is ~rank 6,000. I'm expecting to slide to the 10k-30k range though, based upon last week.

Also, I feel like almost every single match I've been in this week has included Nowi, many with Moonbow. She's become really popular, I guess? On the contrary, I see Lucina and Takumi less (it might just be my BST though).