Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, pianime94 said:

Ahh, 4508 really dropped me off 10k.

26 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

4522 still puts me at 8330. Here's hoping I don't fall out of 10k. I extend my condolences to you though.

Score of 4,532 is worth rank 7,187 right now. I actually got my third defence win today, worth 263, 264, and 264 respectively.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my best week so far. Got 4566 which puts me comfortably in 5k. And around 4 defense per day...  while I didn't even get 10 per week before. The only change is Swap! Hector, is it such a miracle skill O.o

Score of 4562

• Ground Zero (4AM PST Apr 8) - #3139
  • 6 Hours Later - #3283
  • 16 Hours Later - #3363
  • 36 Hours Later - #3800
  • 59 Hours Later - #4234

Quite securely in the top 5k. Makes up for getting screwed out of any defenses, I guess.

Had to end my initially single death run with two deaths thanks to running into a whale's dragon team (with a Fae that ate a Ninian and a Young Tiki who ate a Hector). I couldn't get them to separate because every single unit (including the Nowi and Ninian) wanted to jump Hector and his 16 Res. Might have had it anyway if Ardent Sacrifice wasn't dumb and didn't require 10 HP to use. My Linde had 7 HP left and had she been able to transfer 6 to Spring Chrom, he could have tanked out a Nowi hit with 1 HP left, allowing me to gain positional advantage.

Guess I'll see if Tuesday's update encourages me to toy around with this team a little more or if I move on to running a team that stars Cherche.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

36 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm definitely missing something, but why is the arena closed now? I didn't get the feather rewards.

I'm fairly certain it closes around this time every season. This is when they tally up the scores and such before the next season; feather rewards should be available later tonight a little bit before the reset (I say "tonight" but I have no idea what time zone you're in. Heroes resets at 2am for me)

The Arena takes around 90 mins to calculate before paying out feathers. It remains closed until what it considers the day's turnover, though.

Score of 4562

• Ground Zero (4AM PST Apr 8) - #3139
  • 6 Hours Later - #3283
  • 16 Hours Later - #3363
  • 36 Hours Later - #3800
  • 59 Hours Later - #4234
  • Final Rank - #4246

Was pretty safely in the top 5k. Still sad I got no defenses, but 5000 feathers total is still pretty good.

Hooray I stayed in top 1k this season :DDD

Final rank was 749 with a score of 4642 (and a defense score of 278). That's 6k more feathers in the bag!

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Ended up keeping my 4626(?) score (rank 831) because I'm too scrubby to run no range against the likes of brave lance+ Bonfire Effie. Used to be able to do no range teams no problem until inheritance Effie became so common. Ah well, rip top 100 run. Looks definitely doable with all infantry, no range, all fury 3. If you allow for one ranged unit, top 1000 is easy. This is all five stars and zero merges in case anyone wanted to give it a shot assuming the arena match up system doesn't change super soon. 

Edited by cogawak

49 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot_20170409-005421_zpsgsrnkqnf.p

I offer my condolences to the people who had to fight this cancer.

You can tell that Minerva was running L&D 3 like a scrub. Fury 3 or just no-A skill Minerva would probably solo that team. ; )

For reals though, I think dancer + Reinhardt doesn't work too well. Have you tested the team in auto battle? Seems like Rein would just dash forward out of dancer range like an idiot, and die a turn or two later.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

You can tell that Minerva was running L&D 3 like a scrub. Fury 3 or just no-A skill Minerva would probably solo that team. ; )

For reals though, I think dancer + Reinhardt doesn't work too well. Have you tested the team in auto battle? Seems like Rein would just dash forward out of dancer range like an idiot, and die a turn or two later.

I think that Minerva player just lost someone else in the process and quit out for a deathless run. There's no way you can lose completely when you have Minerva against this team.

It's mostly designed to be retarded on certain maps, mostly the one with water tiles and I think maybe the bridge one too. On the one with water tiles, Rein starts out tucked away in the far right corner, so he has to go through at least one Dancer's range. I'm not sure if it actually works out like that, but it's not like I can actually test it.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think that Minerva player just lost someone else in the process and quit out for a deathless run. There's no way you can lose completely when you have Minerva against this team.

Oh you could, you VERY much could. +Atk Rein with DB3 2HKOs L&D 3 Neutral Minerva from full hp, even through Cowl.

If you run classic Minerva she'll die and then your team dissolves.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Oh you could, you VERY much could. +Atk Rein with DB3 2HKOs L&D 3 Neutral Minerva from full hp, even through Cowl.

If you run classic Minerva she'll die and then your team dissolves.

Mine isn't +Atk, and I slapped Fury on him lol. I don't have the resources to give him DB unless I give up my Ursula, and Fury ups his stat total for the Arena. He generally doesn't kill Minervas, but hey, with 31 Res he does really well against buffed Tharja. He also soloed a map despite getting hammered by Tharja, Ephraim and I think someone else too.

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Mine isn't +Atk, and I slapped Fury on him lol. I don't have the resources to give him DB unless I give up my Ursula, and Fury ups his stat total for the Arena. He generally doesn't kill Minervas, but hey, with 31 Res he does really well against buffed Tharja. He also soloed a map despite getting hammered by Tharja, Ephraim and I think someone else too.

Yeah, Rein has very good bulk despite his low speed. (This means, ironically, that the high tier swords do worse against him than other blues, since other blues usually rely on not getting doubled to survive, whereas Rein just face-tanks.)

Also, I figure Minervas will mostly be -Res because people who run L&D on her will go 'Well, I don't want to sacrifice my offenses, and I need Hp & Def for tanking counters!' And then they die to blue-mages, and cry.

Slightly Off-topic: Thinking about it, a -Atk/+Spd Minerva might be the best IV for her---I can't recall my -Atk Minerva ever missing any KOs I needed her to do.

Edit: Ugh, S!Lucina survives with 1 HP, that's not kosher.

Edited by DehNutCase

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, Rein has very good bulk despite his low speed. (This means, ironically, that the high tier swords do worse against him than other blues, since other blues usually rely on not getting doubled to survive, whereas Rein just face-tanks.)

Also, I figure Minervas will mostly be -Res because people who run L&D on her will go 'Well, I don't want to sacrifice my offenses, and I need Hp & Def for tanking counters!' And then they die to blue-mages, and cry.

Slightly Off-topic: Thinking about it, a -Atk/+Spd Minerva might be the best IV for her---I can't recall my -Atk Minerva ever missing any KOs I needed her to do.

What do you have in the A slot? Darting Blow?

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What do you have in the A slot? Darting Blow?

Fury 3 is my go to testing a-skill. Death Blow fixes S!Lucina issues but causes problems elsewhere. Edit: Swift Sparrow is ideal, but also not an option for obvious reasons.

Double Edit: Oh! Sorry, didn't realize you replied before my edit. I use L&D 1 to get 3 speed, 3 atk. (My Minerva's +Hp, so I still need the 3 speed.)

Edited by DehNutCase