Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Ran into a heavily merged team worth 690 points: +8 Kagero, +3 Nino, +5 Lucina+5 Eirika. For some reason, they had only a few skills on. Strange.

I would've beaten them clearly, had I not forgotten about Moonbow on Lucina and/or buffed Catria not to leave Lucina at 1 HP after the exchange.
Catria died to Moonbow, and I only got 621 points instead of 690. It was a favourable woods map too. I was beating myself up so hard.

Then I lost another unit in the following match and rage quit.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder whom will we get as bonus heroes next rotation. I'm already considering dropping Catria; Lilina is my nuke, Sharena is my swordbreaker and buffer, Michalis is my all-around tank as well as an efficient lance killer and can opener.

Welp, next banner can't come soon enough (not that I can actually pull somebody from it with my luck).

Now that we know the next banner, Ike, Soren, Mist, Titania and Zephiel are pretty much a given. Since they are doing the rerun of ghb, I think F!Robin and Navarre might appear as well (Navarre would be in it for a second time though, so maybe not). After that, I think it is Anna's turn out of the starting three? They'll probably add in one more free character and a random one to make 10. Just guessing though.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Now that we know the next banner, Ike, Soren, Mist, Titania and Zephiel are pretty much a given. Since they are doing the rerun of ghb, I think F!Robin and Navarre might appear as well (Navarre would be in it for a second time though, so maybe not). After that, I think it is Anna's turn out of the starting three? They'll probably add in one more free character and a random one to make 10. Just guessing though.

Now I'm interested in whether 1) I can pull Soren or Titania and 2) how can they stand their own against my current Michalis.

The arena is already open and with the last season's bonus heroes. Doesn't that mean you can try for a high score with the same line-up as last week?
Has it always been like that?

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Now I'm interested in whether 1) I can pull Soren or Titania and 2) how can they stand their own against my current Michalis.

Did you ever get a defense btw?

I ended last week with at 19,995th place. Now I have 33k feathers! Who wants to mess with me!?

Even though there are people here with 60k+ fetahers

10 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

The arena is already open and with the last season's bonus heroes. Doesn't that mean you can try for a high score with the same line-up as last week?

A line-up lasts for two weeks, two seasons. Yes, it has always been like that.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Did you ever get a defense btw?

None since the repositioning update, sadly. I could've promoted Reinhardt today had I not promoted Shanna to transfer Desperation to Nino because I misread the quest description and made Nino (almost) solo the Robin map. I'm at 18.7k now.

13 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Each set of bonus heroes lasts through 2 Seasons, except the first batch, which lasted for 3. 

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

None since the repositioning update, sadly. I could've promoted Reinhardt today had I not promoted Shanna to transfer Desperation to Nino because I misread the quest description and made Nino (almost) solo the Robin map. I'm at 18.7k now.

Oh...........

That's too bad :(

Spoiler

BUT I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, BUDDY!

I GOT A LAST MINUTE 281 DEFENSE BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED!!!

SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR 1 EXTRA POINT AND.................... I don't know............... eat it?

Spoiler

*does victory dance*

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR 1 EXTRA POINT AND.................... I don't know............... eat it?

I made those 500 feathers back from difference in rank. I ended 6,060th or like that.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I made those 500 feathers back from difference in rank. I ended 6,060th or like that.

Frick

Well I got a 284 defense just now so I'm already set for this season heh

Just when I thought I was actually doing something cool for once in my life

45 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Each set of bonus heroes lasts through 2 Seasons, except the first batch, which lasted for 3. 

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

A line-up lasts for two weeks, two seasons. Yes, it has always been like that.

Oh, I wonder how I completely forgot about that. So... I didn't need to rush-train Zephiel this week.

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Frick

Well I got a 284 defense just now so I'm already set for this season heh

Just when I thought I was actually doing something cool for once in my life

I've been getting one or two defenses every week, and normally there's one worth 284 points. Does 284 means the opposing team ragequit or something? I've been a little puzzled about it cause it's always the same number (or nearly that, as I think I saw one 285 once)

2 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh, I wonder how I completely forgot about that. So... I didn't need to rush-train Zephiel this week.

I've been getting one or two defenses every week, and normally there's one worth 284 points. Does 284 means the opposing team ragequit or something? I've been a little puzzled about it cause it's always the same number (or nearly that, as I think I saw one 285 once)

People usually surrender if they lose one unit while doing a deathless run.

5 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

It's based on the arena rating of the team that lost to yours. If you never change your defense team, the opponents that are matched against your team will always have close to the same arena rating, which means you'll always get close to the same score for each successful defense.

Also woke up to a bunch of defense wins, so I put level 40 Navarre and FRobin with no weapons on my defense team. I'd like to think at least one person out there stuck with Navarre will benefit from this.

No defense wins so far, but I just logged in a score of 4,790, no deaths. I haven't made any changes to my team so I was likely rolling high-rating opponents. Waiting for rank to update.

It's awfully close to the 5k cutoff from last week, though, so I don't think this can hold 5k.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

It's not just Navarre. Like the other GHB heroes, f!Robin has been a bonus hero.

I'm not sure we can assume it'll keep rotating through the starting three. If it does, it'll be possible to guarantee a full-power bonus hero each week by putting resources into all three of them, which would be convenient but would really take away from the relevance of the rest of the bonus heroes.

11 hours ago, pianime94 said:

The lava map is really annoying to play around with. Especially if the enemy has Tharja. Geez.

You need more reposition Cordelia in your life. (I run her with drawback so it's really easy to have her kill people without being in range during EP, and, worse comes to worst, she can just reposition someone else in to murder.)

Okay, Ice Dragon is pissed. Pissed enough to spend 23 sword refills to get his goddamn 4,900+ deathless run.

Made three dumb mistakes that cost me three perfect streaks, and I refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of a defense victory from me. So now I have 2 sword refills left.

Score: 4,910
Defense: 302

I want Julia back as my Reinhardt counter. ;.;

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, pianime94 said:

The lava map is really annoying to play around with. Especially if the enemy has Tharja. Geez.

Tell me about it. It's easily my most hated map, because I don't run fliers. The linear and limited pathing just screws your movement options and I get zoned particularly hard if Julia is on the opposing side. Her range just stops me from going to the middle of the map entirely and I can't reach her across the lava either. It's the kind of map where ranged units and fliers thrive, neither of which I particularly run much of. (I do occasionally throw in my 40+1 Takumi when I get fed up though)

Thankfully, being able to change my initial starting position has made it more manageable for me. That single map screwed me hard if I had subpar starting positions because the opponent doesn't wait for me to rearrange myself.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Made three dumb mistakes that cost me three perfect streaks, and I refuse to give anyone the satisfaction of a defense victory from me. So now I have 2 sword refills left.

2 swords left?

Bro

What happened :(

Good thing they stack up like pancakes ha

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, Ice Dragon is pissed. Pissed enough to spend 23 sword refills to get his goddamn 4,900+ deathless run.

Score: 4,910
Defense: 302

I want Julia back as my Reinhardt counter. ;.;

Woah, 23 swords? That's pretty amazing. I think the most I've ever blown on a single season was 10, because I have an obsession with deathless runs and I tend to get careless towards the end of my streak sometimes. (Unlike you though, I just throw the match if one unit dies) Also you're not running Julia anymore? What's your current arena team actually?

Also damn, I keep falling a few points short of 4900. I do get 700 point matches like 1/4 of the time, but I'd need to blow serious swords to hit that milestone. I'm also trying to break the 300 Defense milestone, but 295 seems to be my current limit. It feels kind of frustrating to hit these numbers that don't quite break the 100 multiple.