Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Hi again , can someone explain me how it is working this new arena? xD

I am using this team

Eirika(176)  Azura(163) , Tharja(161) and Navarre ( 153)

I made 4726 points and I was top 13k 

So, I try to improve my Rank using Fury 3 in my heroes

now they are

Eirika(188) Azura (174), Tharja(164) Navarre (153)

I made Tharja +1 too lol then it is supposed to grow a little bit more my rank or not ? 

but I still winning almost the same points

Now I made the 7 fights and I only got  4748 points

only 22 points more !! And the battle average was 676-678 and before was maybe 674-678 lol 

It is normal? I will appreciate if someone explain me how this is working now xD  thanks 

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Arjuna said:

Hi again , can someone explain me how it is working this new arena? xD

I am using this team

Eirika(176)  Azura(163) , Tharja(161) and Navarre ( 153)

I made 4726 points and I was top 13k 

So, I try to improve my Rank using Fury 3 in my heroes

now they are

Eirika(188) Azura (174), Tharja(164) Navarre (153)

I made Tharja +1 too lol then it is supposed to grow a little bit more my rank or not ? 

but I still winning almost the same points

Now I made the 7 fights and I only got  4748 points

only 22 points more !! And the battle average was 676-678 and before was maybe 674-678 lol 

It is normal? I will appreciate if someone explain me how this is working now xD  thanks 

Fury raises your team's skill-modified rating, but the game no longer cares about skill-modified ratings, only the ratings without skill modifications. Using Fury to raise your score like that only worked in the old arena.

Raising Tharja to +1 should increase your points a bit but not a ton.

2 minutes ago, Arjuna said:

oh I see then ,thats explain all thanks , Then now u only need to care about your hero rating or it is another rule ? 

It's mostly rarity rating, base stat total (cavalry gets bonuses, knights get penalty) (which elevates merges), and equipped skills.

No idea how these are weighted, but it makes sense that they would be in one way or another.

24 minutes ago, Arjuna said:

oh I see then ,thats explain all thanks , Then now u only need to care about your hero rating or it is another rule ? 

Basically: Fill all skill slots with maximum rank skills, even if they're shit. (ABC skills, assist, special, weapon, and seal*), every equipped skill gives more points. Secondly, merges count for a lot of score. Rarity matters, and so does merging, so use 5*s if possible, though merged 4*s are comparable. (4*+10 is similar to 5*+3 or +4, except you'll need to inherit a 5* weapon somewhere, so it's not necessarily worth it.)

*Only 3 seals right now, but once 4 are out, make sure your team has all 4.

12 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

So, I haven't been getting any defense wins since I never properly built a defense team.

Like, how do you even set it? Is it by going in the arena with the desired team spending a sword?

Anyone?

Also, I got kicked to 23,902.

How is that for a casual that doesn't care about nature?

11 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Anyone?

Someone already answered your question but you might not have noticed because they didn't quote you.

Anyway, it's the team in the left most slot.

Edited by Otorio

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Anyone?

Your Defense team is the leftmost one. As for a good defense team, stacking blue units should give some victories. From the units you have, I believe Ninian, Sharena and double Linde should suffice.

Use SI to deck out your team with skills and level everyone to 40, as most players are around that scoring range, making it more likely for someone to encounter your team.

28 minutes ago, Otorio said:

Someone already answered your question but you might not have noticed because they didn't quote you.

Anyway, it's the team in the left most slot.

28 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Your Defense team is the leftmost one. As for a good defense team, stacking blue units should give some victories. From the units you have, I believe Ninian, Sharena and double Linde should suffice.

Use SI to deck out your team with skills and level everyone to 40, as most players are around that scoring range, making it more likely for someone to encounter your team.

The leftmost slot is the one that has setting the leader to makes them appear as the character on the stairs, yes?

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

The leftmost slot is the one that has setting the leader to makes them appear as the character on the stairs, yes?

Yup, you got it!

EDIT:

Update on Arena stuff.

So my current team is 

• Lukas (+Spd/-HP)
  • Nino (+Spd/-HP)
  • Eirika +1 (+Res/-Def)
  • Hector +1 (+Spd/-Atk)

I was lucky enough to receive my SECOND -Atk Hector in this Hero Fest banner, so I've merged them and now my arena runs have become a lot more exciting and difficult. The scores for matches I run into range from 688-696 and boy, those 696 battles are pretty wild. I'm facing decked out Flier Emblem teams on the lava map... Send help so I can keep these Brave Axe + Cherches and Gronnblade + SCamillas away.

I did end up getting through with a full deathless run with a score of 4836, so I've finally broken the 4.8k mark, yay!

Edited by Otorio

Found my first Armour Emblem team in the arena. It's not very threatening, because 1mov.

4,788 score is now rank 3,626.

5 defense wins, highest is 289 points.

Edited by Korath88

Got myself a solid 4726 Score with Roy Julia

One of these day i need to make a full revamp for Roy. Julia MVP as ussual and Cecilia carried some match ups really nicely. Kinda sad Ursula didnt do much though

Managed a deathless run finally.

Score of 4,780 is rank 4,963 right now. I'm pretty set to stay in top 10k.

My current defence team is Sharena, Reinhardt, Ninian, and Nowi. Of course, no wins yet. Any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My current defence team is Sharena, Reinhardt, Ninian, and Nowi. Of course, no wins yet. Any suggestions?

Wings of Mercy on everyone is, of course, a classic. (I don't even have a single Cain to put it on my Azura, sadly.)

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I can't really give any concrete advice due to how vague Arena Defense is, but I would say that your team is hard countered by two VERY popular green mages right now. As time passes, more people are moving on from being confined to 5* reds for teambuilding so full blue teams might not be as great? I would think the best kind of monocolor team is one that will chip away at the challenging team's dedicated color counter even through a color disadvantage. As your team is now, I don't really think they're all that threatening to most popular green units in play.

e.g. Hector chunks reds even through disadvantage and having a mage or archer behind him can secure kills.

Edited by Otorio

My score is something like 4,730 - regardless, it's a bit over 4.7K.

Rank is 14,437.  Probably not worth burning a large pile of Dueling Crests just to get 20 points.  Besides, Ryoma and Ephraim are bros.

2 hours ago, Otorio said:

Yup, you got it!

EDIT:

Update on Arena stuff.

So my current team is 

• Lukas (+Spd/-HP)
  • Nino (+Spd/-HP)
  • Eirika +1 (+Res/-Def)
  • Hector +1 (+Spd/-Atk)

I was lucky enough to receive my SECOND -Atk Hector in this Hero Fest banner, so I've merged them and now my arena runs have become a lot more exciting and difficult. The scores for matches I run into range from 688-696 and boy, those 696 battles are pretty wild. I'm facing decked out Flier Emblem teams on the lava map... Send help so I can keep these Brave Axe + Cherches and Gronnblade + SCamillas away.

I did end up getting through with a full deathless run with a score of 4836, so I've finally broken the 4.8k mark, yay!

Hey congrats! How much Hector + 1 affects your score? I have 3 of him at the moment and am considering whether it's worth merging them to increase my score :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Reinhardt alone isn't enough cancer. You need someone else to join him so the tumor can grow.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Remove all Rally skills from your defense team.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

That's too much magic dude. Julia pretty much eats your team.

Try Ninian, (strong bow user), (sword user), and Reinhardt.

I used a team like that (Olivia[Ninian], Jaffar[Bow user], Lyn[sword user], and Male Robin [Reinhardt]) and I have 2 defense wins. It's only 2 so don't expect much

If that doesn't work, who needs defense wins anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reinhardt alone isn't enough cancer. You need someone else to join him so the tumor can grow.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Reinhardt gave me about 15 different forms of cancer at the same time

yes people can definitely tell that i hate him now

Edited by GuiltyLove

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Reinhardt gave me about 15 different forms of cancer at the same time

yes people can definitely tell that i hate him now

Have you heard about our Goddess Triangle Adept Cecilia?

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I run a slightly similar defense team of Sharena, Reinhardt, Azura, and Eldigan.  Reinhardt has Draw Back, while Eldigan has Hone Cavalry and Swap.  The extra movement options, plus the possibility of Reinhardt(Deathblow 2 and Hone Cavalry) running around with an effective 54 attack is what has likely gotten me 5 defense wins thus far.  Eldigan also has Vantage and Bonfire, so anyone attacking him generally just dies, too.