Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First deathless run, with exactly the same point as the previous season. Strange thing, I'm using a totally different team. Pegasus Emblem is moreĀ difficult to play than Cecilia+Reinhardt+Titania+Ninian. I had a loss in the 7th match of my first streak, versus a Cavalry Emblem.

The maps of this season as more favorable to fliers than the previous ones, e.g. the Twin Bridge, Lava, Ā and the Forest really help exploitingĀ air dominance to the fullest. I don't think I would have made it on the maps with defense tiles.

I've seen 3 or 4 Reinhardt in 14 matches, 2 or 3 Takumis, 3 full Flier Emblems, 2 full Armor Emblems and 2 Cavalry Emblems. The rest was mixed, usually withĀ oneĀ Nowi. And at least one Hector in every squad, some with G Tomebreaker. I'm surprised by the low number of players in tier 17, tier 14 had around 40k iirc.

IMG_1953.JPG

The second I had a defense win with loser 4* Xander - Me: SWAP DAT SHIIIT!

Not even sure how anyone had a problem with that dead weight in rank 17, not that I really get how the system deems enemy teams as fair anyways.

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The second I had a defense win with loser 4* Xander - Me: SWAP DAT SHIIIT!

Not even sure how anyone had a problem with that dead weight in rank 17, not that I really get how the system deems enemy teams as fair anyways.

Being TierĀ 17 doesn't match your defense team against other players in Tier 17. It matches your defense team against any other player with a similarly rated offense team.

This season's streak is 5026, which is currently rank 94 in Tier 17. Interestingly, I got a ton of use out of Spurs, which I hadn't really played with much until a week or so ago, when I was putting together Anna's and Alfonse's sets. I think I might have Sharena go on an SP grindĀ after seeing the results of that...

Teams faced:

Spoiler

Edit: Whoops...columns are Name, A Skill, B Skill, C Skill, Assist, Special, Weapon, Seal, Merge Lv., Rarity, and overall team point value.

GANRndF.png

Also ran into a 724 team consisting of the following:

• +10 Celica: Distant Def 3, Renewal 3, Hone Spd 3, Rally Attack, Moonbow, Ragnarok
  • +10 Azura: Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Res 3, Sing, Galeforce, Killer Lance+
  • +10 Linde: Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Ardent Sacrifice, Moonbow, BlĆ”rblade
  • +10 Hector: Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Def 3, Swap, Aether, Armads, HP +3 Seal

which was...impressive, I suppose. I had a hard-counter for each of the units, so it wasn't too bad; but that's about what a 724 team looks like if anyone cares =PĀ .

Ā 

Edited by LordFrigid

I already got my Defense win, but is Celica/Azura/Kagero/Reinhardt better for Defense team, or should I replace someone with Julia or Lucina? Lucina is +2, and everyone except Celica have complete inheritance.

I got a deathless streak already, mostly to get Arena wins for the gauntlet quests.Ā  An Offense Score of 4804 gives me rank 1348 for now.Ā  That's in the top 50% for now, but we'll see where it ends up.Ā  I went up 2 tiers last week, but it looks like that's not a grouping anymore.Ā  I've also got 3 D wins already.Ā  It lets me experiment with my lead for the gauntlet without worrying about team synergy.

I kind of ignored arena the past few weeks because of school, so my tier is a bit worse then it could be at 13. I got a 4806 with subaki, nowi + 2, nino, and adult tiki. All but subaki have quite a bit of skill inheritance and subaki was chosen just because he was bonus 5* I had. My score puts me at rank 35 so I should jump three tiers.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Being TierĀ 17 doesn't match your defense team against other players in Tier 17. It matches your defense team against any other player with a similarly rated offense team.

You're right, I even asked a similar question not long ago, where that was made clear to me. I'm dumb for writing that statement.

Guess the win comes from another team with some deadweight in it.

This defense team is doing great:

a0cP2zI.png

Corrin has all the debuff skills in the world.

Celica and Ninian have Wings of Mercy.

And Hector has bonfire and vantage.

Ā 

I suspect Corrin goes in, get's herself almost killed (besides green mages not many things can kill her in one round of combat) and debuffs everything. Celica and Ninian teleport in and things start to die. After that I suspect they either surrendered or lost their only Hector counter.

5/17/2017Ā - offense 4,754; rank (tier 16) 3,498 (1:11AM PST) [deathless]

Team:
(all Level 40 and 5*)
+Res/-HPĀ RyomaĀ (173)
+Atk/-SpdĀ NinianĀ (164)
+Atk/-SpdĀ ReinhardtĀ (149)
+Atk/-SpdĀ RoyĀ (173)
Total BST: 659

No surrenders as far as I remember.
No defense wins yet. I think it's from Ryoma leading for gauntlet. I'll try Roy when it's all over.
Scores from each match: 678, 686, 678, 680, 678, 678, 676
Spoilers are full skill list, with italicsĀ being Skill Inheritance:

Spoiler

RyomaĀ - Raijinto, Night Sky, Defiant Attack 3,Ā Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3
NinianĀ - Light Breath+, Dance,Ā Wings of Mercy 2, Fortify Def 2, Speed +1 (seal)
ReinhardtĀ - Dire Thunder,Ā Reposition, Moonbow,Ā Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 2
RoyĀ - Binding Blade, Shove, Triangle Adept 3, Seal Def 3

I assume Roy's BST and more costly skills compared to last week's Barst pumped the scores I'm getting. Regardless, Roy has found his place fending off any greens that Ryoma would still take considerable damage. Reinhardt has become the designated killer of blues as well. The boys are putting in the good work.

Rank 960 in tier 17 with 4834, hopefully it will be enough to promote to tier 18 next week. Faced 1 cav emblem team, 1 flier emblem team and 1 triple mage+dancer team. Team was Reinhardt, Hector, Olivia and Roy.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I just finished it, deathless run

I gave alfonse brave sword + drag back, really useful in some situations, specially for killing a Rebecca in the lava map

Also I love his defense

Caeda is my Hector-killer buff bot, Azura can check any red, and Julia is my anti-green mages anti-reinhardt

This new Fortify Res 1 seal is the bomb! With it, my Buffrahim can now grant +3 attack, +4 speed, +4 defense and +2 res to an adjacent unit! Of course, Tharja is totally in love with that...

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lost my first streak yesterday, but managed to complete one today!

How are you getting 4,800+ with two mounts and no merges? I've been trying to break that mark with Xander / Nino / Ephraim / Effie, but no luck.

As expected, swapping my fully-built Eldigan in over Titania from last week's team has boosted my personal best by 12 points. Proper stats:

Score: 4,794
Tier: 14

Team (level 40):
5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (152; +Death Blow 3, Quick Riposte 2, Draw Back, HP+3 Seal)
5* neutral Eldigan (170 without Fury, 182 with; +Escape Route 3, Fortify Cavalry, Reposition, Moonbow)
5* neutral Xander (170 without Fury, 178 with; +Fury 2, Quick Riposte 2, Hone Cavalry, Swap, Bonfire)
5* neutral Cecilia (156; +Triangle Adept 3, Iceberg, Hone Cavalry, Attack+1 Seal)
Total BST: 648 (w/o Fury)

The team plays virtually the same as last week despite dropping an axe for a sword. Reinhardt and Cecilia nuke the red, blue and colourless units, then Eldigan and Xander mop up Hector or other greens. Damn near every team on my streak had a Hector on it, which I'm perfectly happy with since he's easy pickings. Thanks Hero Fest! Though I didn't run into a single Takumi, so... I guess pineapple meta is a thing of the past. Pity, it was satisfying watching him poke Cecilia to get nuked back.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How are you getting 4,800+ with two mounts and no merges? I've been trying to break that mark with Xander / Nino / Ephraim / Effie, but no luck.

Skills, I guess? Although Reinhardt is short a skill level. I do have ultimate weapons on everyone, which probably helps.

All my battles were in the 686-692 range, as were a few on my previous attempt where I tried using Sharena instead of Anna.

Ā 

FBOwkv5.png

otI3XXt.png

vHnFJLs.png

K9hyC2m.png

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Skills, I guess? Although Reinhardt is short a skill level.

All my battles were in the 686-692 range, as were a few on my previous attempt where I tried using Sharena instead of Anna.

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

FBOwkv5.png

otI3XXt.png

vHnFJLs.png

K9hyC2m.png

Ā 

Ā 

I really hope SP costs aren't a factor in scoring.

My average points per match is 684, though Xander has Quick Riposte 2 while Ephraim has Lancebreaker 2. Every other skill on my team is at max level though. Seems like it does make a huge difference if that's the case.

Did you reroll for high-point matches?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I really hope SP costs aren't a factor in scoring.

My average points per match is 684, though Xander has Quick Riposte 2 while Ephraim has Lancebreaker 2. Every other skill on my team is at max level though. Seems like it does make a huge difference if that's the case.

Did you reroll for high-point matches?

Whether it's a matter of SP or skill level, it sounds like the difference between a level 2 and level 3 skill is pretty big, so that's probably the difference.

I did not do any rerolling, although if I did, getting allĀ 692 matches would get a score of 4,844.